Game freezes entire computer

• Game freezes entire computer

The game was working fine for about 2 days but now it is unplayable. I'll play for anywhere between 5-30 min until the game will freeze, i can steal hear the music from spotify playing normally but i cant do anything else. Can't ctrl alt del or alt f4 or anything. I have to hard restart every time. Any solutions?
  • Try a full reinstall, maybe some file are corrupted.
    Also don't use and 3rd party gfx enhancement changes that is our there (not sure what it was called again) as you are messing with the files.

If that doesn't work, maybe its a hardware issue, check your gfx card if the fan is stuck and/or if its at its end of the life cycle.

Jaxmin(Beta3) - Jamin(Beta1 & now)
  • similar problem

But I have black screen on both of LCD´s after few minutes of playing AO, all seems go normally in backround, I can hear sound from film, albion,...only screens are black, only reset helped.... but error occuring always after restart in around 10-40min

full pc spec in attachm.

Nvidia Geforce latest driver: 385.69

HWiNFO64 Version 5.58-3255

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Build 7601

Central Processor(s) ------------------------------------------------------

[CPU Unit Count]
    Number Of Processor Packages (Physical): 1
    Number Of Processor Cores: 4
    Number Of Logical Processors: 8

Intel Core i7-4790K -------------------------------------------------------

[General Information]
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7-4790K
    Original Processor Frequency: 4000.0 MHz
    Original Processor Frequency [MHz]: 4000
    CPU ID: 000306C3
    CPU Brand Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    Files
    • hwinfo.LOG

(144.11 kB, downloaded 229 times, last: )

The post was edited 8 times, last by PUPOK7878 ().

• I have this extremely similar problem.

Hard freeze happened 12 times or so.

Entire computer frozen, sound continues for a bit and then stops. Mouse frozen, Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing, only hard-power-off resolves.

Happens while watching video on another monitor. Usually Netflix but also Youtube.

DxDiag output attached. Somewhat complex video setup. Video drivers are up-to-date.

Event log system error text:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user [redacted] SID (S-1-5-21-3785945365-1838858051-2373037767-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Thanks!
    Files
    • DxDiag.txt

(88.6 kB, downloaded 112 times, last: )
  • @Floorknock You should download a system temperature scanning tool, something like Speccy (piriform.com/speccy) so that you can monitor your computer's temperatures while you play the game.

Typically, those symptoms of the screen going dark but sound still playing is a sign that the video card is overheating and/or failing (as the two above have both mentioned happened to them). Chances are your video card is overheating from using it on your main monitor for the game and the secondary monitor for videos. Shutting down the machine will cool it off for a while so it will work again for another 20-30mins before it heats up again and the built-in safety checks try to kick in and turn it off (causing black screens).