I'm convinced at this point that dagger's (and some others) are just filler weapons.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I'm convinced at this point that dagger's (and some others) are just filler weapons.

A few weapons in this game seem to be thrown in for "variety" who really have no practical use in the game and have very obvious "big brothers" that overshadow them.

When it comes to daggers- its painfully obvious that the spear/sword weapon lines do everything infinitely better besides maybe ganking, and for ganking the claws and bloodletter are the only real representation here- so not even half the weapons in the line.

For fire staves, frost and curse are such a painfully better choice that i firmly believe that fire staff users deserve respect for sticking to their line. I just spoke to one the other day who was very high mastery who felt defeated by the fact no hellgate, gvg, gank, or anyone really would take him. Before you say they are good in ZvZ just remember the kings of zvz are soulsythe and wailing bow, everything else is white noise.

Crossbows totally eclipse bows and this barely needs an explanation. Xbow deals better damage overall and has silence+interrupts. I think its an absolute joke that xbow has a W skill which silences for 20 seconds and deals really good aoe damage.

And axes, wow, axes. I don't really know whats going on with axes other than they are a pretty laughable and unfun line to play. But i'm sure axe players must have some kind of reason to keep playing them. When only a single weapon in the line represents a presence in ANY type of meta, there's clearly a problem.
    • Stop waiting for rdy to eat Metas and maybe you'll find all weapon usefull. But yes you need a brain and stop copy paste the "top" guilds meta =.=

Build your own meta, learn to play it, and many players gonna copy it and whine here because your "op".

Never had more fun with my dual daggers Assassin style, I definitly love the "2-shots" cloth guys with the firestaff or the whispering bow full auto burst (that is too OP in my opinion).

So stop whining, some weapons still need balance yes, but SBI is doing great on this way for the moment.
    • The balance in Albion is shit. It's really their biggest weakness. All daggers but Bloodletter are awful (and even then, Bloodletter is basically just a gatherer weapon and not suitable for anything else). Fire Staves are awful. All swords but Clarent are awful.

It blows my mind how bad the balance is between, say, a Frost Staff... which essentially does as much if not more damage than fire staves and just has obscene Crowd Control baked in for free. Or Clarent Blades that if they hit 2 players with their AoE that's about the size of half the battlefield, they do much more damage than a Dagger does... and have more mobility to boot.

Hell, more than half of the weapons in the game, you'd get laughed at for using seriously. If that's not proof of how shit the balance is in this game, I don't know what is.

But I'm sure we'll get another Expedition next patch to make up for it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• Frostfire2k schrieb:

A few weapons in this game seem to be thrown in for "variety" who really have no practical use in the game and have very obvious "big brothers" that overshadow them.

When it comes to daggers- its painfully obvious that the spear/sword weapon lines do everything infinitely better besides maybe ganking, and for ganking the claws and bloodletter are the only real representation here- so not even half the weapons in the line.

For fire staves, frost and curse are such a painfully better choice that i firmly believe that fire staff users deserve respect for sticking to their line. I just spoke to one the other day who was very high mastery who felt defeated by the fact no hellgate, gvg, gank, or anyone really would take him. Before you say they are good in ZvZ just remember the kings of zvz are soulsythe and wailing bow, everything else is white noise.

Crossbows totally eclipse bows and this barely needs an explanation. Xbow deals better damage overall and has silence+interrupts. I think its an absolute joke that xbow has a W skill which silences for 20 seconds and deals really good aoe damage.

And axes, wow, axes. I don't really know whats going on with axes other than they are a pretty laughable and unfun line to play. But i'm sure axe players must have some kind of reason to keep playing them. When only a single weapon in the line represents a presence in ANY type of meta, there's clearly a problem.
      I love axes,

I use battleaxe for sustain. I'm sleepy a lot, I can't really pay attention all the time, and letting a boss-mob kill me because I'm making a mistake isn't fun
      I use greataxe for group clear of weaker mobs, the overall damage is decent for the line
      I use carrioncaller for , well, I donno I have one but I'm honestly not good at using the specials properly yet but the damage output is nice when I don't miss

I can't really afford infernal yet but I guess this is the pvp meta

I haven't used halberd yet but I'm gonna make one now, maybe the E will pack a little more punch than whirlwind on great axe, I might like it more
      Will write back :P
    • There isn't a weapon line without a good weapon, which I think is pretty good balance. I mean you shit on axes, but the carrioncaller is very good.

Now there are individual weapons that are bad (speaking of axes, the halberd is so shitty it's funny), but I still think most individual weapons have niches where they are good. And balance is improving, got better in Joseph, and I'm sure it will get better with the next patch.
    • D3adInsid3 schrieb:

1H Dagger = poor man's bloodletter
      Dual Daggers = Fun One Shoot Tool
      Claws = very good dismounting Tool

Where is the Problem?
      Just because Players they arent Bad Just because they arent Used that much

Meanwhile the whole arcane Line ist useless nur no one cares
      The problem is that 1h dagger offers huge burst which gets negated by any sprint, any single defensive cooldown, and retarded reflect mechanics destroy any high damage build, and 1h dagger offers little mobility compared to bloodletter. They're very different.
      Dual Daggers - since when 600 damage is a one shot?
      Claws - yeah, that's what they're good for. The thing is, you shouldn't need a damn "dismounting tool" in the first place, and especially is should not replace your weapon. Mounts are for transportation, not for combat or escape. Atleast that's the way it should be. Because logic and balance.

The problem is arcane is underrated and daggers have no niche.
      They're not zvz weapons, leave that for ranged DPS and tanks, they're not 5v5 weapons - clarent and spears rule there. They're not that good for 1v1 or general solo play, there are plenty of better options like nature staff, warbow, any cursed staff. Even fire staff will do better in this regard.

Some daggers are probably not shit at ganking. Like bloodletter and claws - those can find their uses in ganking. But only it, like, commercial ganking where you, as a guy with claws, will be only a dismounting tool, nothing more. Claws are actually not that good in actual combat. But when it comes to ganking, there are weapons who can match them, any spear, for example.

I personally would be happy if daggers would be just a solo weapon, but they have nothing that would make them good in this niche. Our Qs are clearly the worst of all, our mobility is nothing special aswell, as great hammer, warbow, and even claymore and double swords are not too bad in this regard, either, burst is subpar and is not enough to compensate for lack of CC.

albiononline.com/ru/killboard/…eek&weaponCategory=dagger
      Here's the dagger leaderboard. Here I am, at 19 place with Dagger Pair. I play casually and solo 99% of the time.
      People from 1 to 18: Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Claws, Claws, Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Bloodletter (bored yet?), Bloodletter, Claws, Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Bloodletter, Bloodletter. Notice anything?

It doesn't look that much better for axes, too:
      Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Greataxe, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Greataxe, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion, Carrion.

But does it matter that it's balanced and we all must calm down and eat shit? Balancing this stuff is not that hard.
    • RockLobster schrieb:

The balance in Albion is shit. It's really their biggest weakness. All daggers but Bloodletter are awful (and even then, Bloodletter is basically just a gatherer weapon and not suitable for anything else). Fire Staves are awful. All swords but Clarent are awful.

It blows my mind how bad the balance is between, say, a Frost Staff... which essentially does as much if not more damage than fire staves and just has obscene Crowd Control baked in for free. Or Clarent Blades that if they hit 2 players with their AoE that's about the size of half the battlefield, they do much more damage than a Dagger does... and have more mobility to boot.

Hell, more than half of the weapons in the game, you'd get laughed at for using seriously. If that's not proof of how shit the balance is in this game, I don't know what is.

But I'm sure we'll get another Expedition next patch to make up for it.
      You ever thought that it's due to everyone copying the top tier guilds & no one actually formulating their own shit or trying to create the meta?

The problem is we lack a huge deal of creativity within the player base. POE came into cumbria like a little storm with their mana drain comp- the surrounding guilds didn't know to to deal with it & lost a hold on Penine within a few days. They used a fucking Arcane for Christ sake, the notoriously "shit arcane".

The Fire Mage does a tremendous amount of damage- it's actually stupid how much poke it has with pillar due to it's lower mana cost & lower CD. The firewall is retarded at blocking chokes & is way more effective at that than a Frost is due to it lasting longer & actually requiring you to burn a defensive to even get past- but when picking it up NO one plays to its strengths, why? I don't know- maybe people suck.

I agree that there is a lot of underpowered or under performing weapons but some are unfortunately suppose to be ZvZ weapons & some are suppose to be GvG/HG weapons & some for solo ganking, if there were items that were amazing for both or all, it'd be a pretty heavy weapon to have around- Frost having Snowball & Fire has Meatball for example, both of which see no use in GvG/HGs.
      So people want to bring their solo gank weapon to a HG, or their ZvZ weapon to solo gank- it doesn't work & how exactly do you balance around that? The weapon itself has a design flaw, people are not using it as it was intended it's not really a balance problem.

A perfect example of this creativity is this triple melee 2 healer comp- things that are easy to use & easy to pick up will ALWAYS be what gets used by the majority especially if people have such a huge time dealing with it, in reality this comp is actually not that hard to play against & there is a stronger comp.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Digit ()

• Digit schrieb:

You ever thought that it's due to everyone copying the top tier guilds & no one actually formulating their own shit or trying to create the meta?
      The problem is we lack a huge deal of creativity within the player base. POE came into cumbria like a little storm with their mana drain comp- the surrounding guilds didn't know to to deal with it & lost a hold on Penine within a few days. They used a fucking Arcane for Christ sake, the notoriously "shit arcane".

The Fire Mage does a tremendous amount of damage- it's actually stupid how much poke it has with pillar due to it's lower mana cost & lower CD. The firewall is retarded at blocking chokes & is way more effective at that than a Frost is due to it lasting longer & actually requiring you to burn a defensive to even get past- but when picking it up NO one plays to its strengths, why? I don't know- maybe people suck.

I agree that there is a lot of underpowered or under performing weapons but some are unfortunately suppose to be ZvZ weapons & some are suppose to be GvG/HG weapons & some for solo ganking, if there were items that were amazing for both or all, it'd be a pretty heavy weapon to have around- Frost having Snowball & Fire has Meatball for example, both of which see no use in GvG/HGs.
      So people want to bring their solo gank weapon to a HG, or their ZvZ weapon to solo gank- it doesn't work & how exactly do you balance around that? The weapon itself has a design flaw, people are not using it as it was intended it's not really a balance problem.

A perfect example of this creativity is this triple melee 2 healer comp- things that are easy to use & easy to pick up will ALWAYS be what gets used by the majority especially if people have such a huge time dealing with it, in reality this comp is actually not that hard to play against & there is a stronger comp.
      What people call "meta" can be created like in Dota 2 when professional players take some ideas from top tier public games and then shitters just follow, not knowing what they're doing. Or some other games where stuff is actually too good or too bad to be used. Albion is one of those games.

And arcane is underrated, it's not bad, which is widely known. Just no one wants to play arcane because it's pretty boring as you'll have fun only in group PvP. Arcane was never "notoriously shit" as far as I remember".
      And I'm pretty sure he's not talking about some viable picks which get hidden in the shadow of better choices, but about some weapons which just don't work. For example crossbows are there only for sweeping bolt, all weapon tree is about one damn button.

And there shouldn't be division between "ganking weapon", "zvz weapon", etc. Everything should be viable in every part of the game, otherwise "you're what you're wearing" will not work. Besides, Albion lacks complex mechanics and build diversity by it's design, so it's not hard to balance what's currently in the game. Lazy man's solution - balance Qs and Ws the way they will work in different activities, so player will just need to swap them. It's a crappy solution, but it's very possible to do so.

And remeber that this game was advertised as sandbox, so in order to be this sandbox and in order for "you're what you're wearing" to work, devs should pay attention to all activities at the same time.
    • Digit schrieb:

As someone who played Fire and found it laughably bad compared to Frost, I'll explain why:

1.) Yeah, great. Low cost, low cooldown... low impact. Who cares about poke damage? This game is more about capitalizing on a hard initiate and coordinating cooldowns to big effect. If you've caught 3-4 enemies in a choke, you don't wanna tickle them for 400 damage. You want to blow them off the map with long cooldown, massive damage AoEs.

2.) Firewall is retarded at blocking chokes. It's also retarded at getting you killed since the cast range of Fire Wall is melee range. Which means, to optimally place it in a choke, you have to be in or right next to the choke. Which means even when you're not about to place it, you have to position yourself more dangerously than a Frost caster so you can follow up with it quickly. There's a reason why despite having this "powerful" CC, Fire is - at best - a third runner up for the 5th flex spot in GvGs. Another way to think of it: Imagine Frost Bomb could only be placed right next to you. How quickly would Frost fall out of meta if their best control spell required them to go into melee to use it?

It isn't a "lack of creativity" on the community's part... it's a lack of stupidity. Sure, fire *can* work. In a 100% ideal situation, where they just let you run into chokes to drop Firewalls and decide not healing through trivial poke damage would be a good career move. It's not the worst thing you can bring to a 5v5. But who the heck would choose Fire with all its weaknesses when you could just pick Frost, do approximately the same damage AND have much safer, more reliable CC and Burst.

That's not people being uncreative. That's people seeing bad balance and dropping Fire Staves for Frost.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()