How to stop the no show GVGs

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Stravanov schrieb:

Arredio schrieb:

I would prefer the no show guild being punished with 1 week without making an attack.
      Same as above: Its impossible to make a system that automatically detects if people are "no show" or if theyre actually trying.
      This wouldn't work either.

People intending to No Show would just have one member drop guild, create a new one, and launch the attack from a warcamp with that new guild. I know many guilds who do or have done that... so they really have no idea whether a Royal guild is showing up, a top Alliance's A team, or no one at all.
    • RockLobster schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

Arredio schrieb:

I would prefer the no show guild being punished with 1 week without making an attack.
      Same as above: Its impossible to make a system that automatically detects if people are "no show" or if theyre actually trying.
      This wouldn't work either.
      People intending to No Show would just have one member drop guild, create a new one, and launch the attack from a warcamp with that new guild. I know many guilds who do or have done that... so they really have no idea whether a Royal guild is showing up, a top Alliance's A team, or no one at all.
      Exactly my point. I think you quoted the wrong guy.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • angrad schrieb:

@Whated made a good point about why the system wouldn't work. One way to fix Whated's concern would be:
      • Require an attacker to man the attack with 5 people within 10 minutes of launching the attack
      • Reveal the players attacking the territory to the defending guild once manned
      • Give the defenders 24 hours to man the defense
      • Lock teams to one attack for 24 hours as well

@Korn this would give @Derrick 24 hours to create a plan to defend his territories, and with whom. So if Nilf sends their A team to one territory he will know that he has to send is team there, but if they are just throwing bodies at him he can just throw bodies in to defend.

Think of it like the defenders have scouts scouting incoming attacks. (If you need the system to make rational sense)
      that is how you fix no shows.

The problem though is it is too much coding for this team. It would take a Blizzard programmer 24 hours to make it, but with this team it would take them 3 months.

It is a sad reality.
    • Stravanov schrieb:

Even if its not true:

Your proposal punishes new upcoming guilds that need to get a lot of practice before they have any chance of getting 1 point. The game currently offers very little content to this group in particular. Which is exactly why your proposal is hitting a nerve.
      I proposed it for no shows not getting 0 points, i didnt propose a system for detecting no shows.
      Though the arena does have a system that checks your item levels.. somehow if they made it check the players in the GVG for their item levels and they must be higher than X to avoid the no show then points wouldnt matter but having at least tried does.
    • blappo schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

Even if its not true:

Your proposal punishes new upcoming guilds that need to get a lot of practice before they have any chance of getting 1 point. The game currently offers very little content to this group in particular. Which is exactly why your proposal is hitting a nerve.
      I proposed it for no shows not getting 0 points, i didnt propose a system for detecting no shows.Though the arena does have a system that checks your item levels.. somehow if they made it check the players in the GVG for their item levels and they must be higher than X to avoid the no show then points wouldnt matter but having at least tried does.
      Go to GvG in high tier gear.
      Get registered for the system.
      Swap gear out with lower tier gear and fuck around.
      Your attack is no longer a no show. But at the same time it IS a no show!

Pretty easy to circumvent.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Stravanov ()

• Stravanov schrieb:

blappo schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

Even if its not true:

I proposed it for no shows not getting 0 points, i didnt propose a system for detecting no shows.Though the arena does have a system that checks your item levels.. somehow if they made it check the players in the GVG for their item levels and they must be higher than X to avoid the no show then points wouldnt matter but having at least tried does.
      Go to GvG in high tier gear.Get registered for the system.
      Swap gear out with lower tier gear and fuck around.

Or have it check periodically instead of at registration.

Past that reporting is always an option.
      that is how they handle the dual heals in arenas.
      just hit report and say no show armor level is @ X
    • blappo schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

blappo schrieb:

Stravanov schrieb:

Even if its not true:

Go to GvG in high tier gear.Get registered for the system.Swap gear out with lower tier gear and fuck around.

Or have it check periodically instead of at registration.
      Past that reporting is always an option.
      that is how they handle the dual heals in arenas.
      just hit report and say no show armor level is @ X
      So how are we going to distinguish between the attacking team sending a shitty team just to probe if the defending team is sending a shitty team as well on one side. And a no show on the other side?
    • my personal opinion is.. that there should be no restrictions on tactical no-shows.

as long as there is a reason/a thought behind the no-show.

the other way around is also impossible. what if a guild with 300 players starts 50 gvgs at the same time against 1 guild with 10 members?

you can destroy all smaller guilds with forcing them to show up against a guild with 300 gvg players lol.

I say.. no-shows as.. intentionally paralyzing the mechanics of the game, with no other motivation than to paralyze the game.. should be punished. Tactical no-shows.. no-shows that are part of a battle plan should have no restrictions.

the no-showing guild will lose the gvg. so it is them risking to lose the guild territory. right?

when you look at the bigger picture.. no-shows will only benefit guilds that eventually show up. when a guild no-shows 100% of the time, they will lose all guild territories right?
      Let's Make Albion Legendary. just somerandom