State of the game?

  • State of the game?

    Just wonder now how the game is doing, have not bought it yet but tempted, also deterred by earleier posts i saw about bots, gold sellers and lot of people complaining about lot of stuff

    How in depth is the game?

    Is the population still high?

    Are there rampant gold sellers and bots?
  • I love it. I'm as involved as I was day 1, but I know more now. Naysayers will come to this thread. Seems forums aren't the community base they used to be.

    But don't listen to them. This game is amazing already and has amazing potential for expansion.

    Edit x2. I'm dumb. Made a mistake
    May our loots never be trashed, and our gears never be looted!

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Setimu ().

  • Darkfire wrote:

    What is there roadmap looking like ?
    First update: All instanced Content. All the time.
    Next update: More challenging, higher Tier Instanced Content.

    No idea why they're hellbent on taking people out of the open world in an open world Sandbox while adding precisely dick to their open world, but there's enough folks in it for the time being still. Hope it stays that way.
  • RockLobster wrote:

    Darkfire wrote:

    What is there roadmap looking like ?
    First update: All instanced Content. All the time.Next update: More challenging, higher Tier Instanced Content.

    No idea why they're hellbent on taking people out of the open world in an open world Sandbox while adding precisely dick to their open world, but there's enough folks in it for the time being still. Hope it stays that way.
    Stop being a naysayer. They added Diablo-like piles of 44 silver (18 in a t6 zone) that you can spend a minute gathering, for a juicy profit of a thousand silver, in a t8 zone. I mean, they did do something for the open world. It's just sad it pays less than doing a solo t4 expedition.
  • Ulfnaor wrote:

    RockLobster wrote:

    Darkfire wrote:

    What is there roadmap looking like ?
    First update: All instanced Content. All the time.Next update: More challenging, higher Tier Instanced Content.
    No idea why they're hellbent on taking people out of the open world in an open world Sandbox while adding precisely dick to their open world, but there's enough folks in it for the time being still. Hope it stays that way.
    Stop being a naysayer. They added Diablo-like piles of 44 silver (18 in a t6 zone) that you can spend a minute gathering, for a juicy profit of a thousand silver, in a t8 zone. I mean, they did do something for the open world. It's just sad it pays less than doing a solo t4 expedition.
    WOW 1000 SILVER?!

    WILL THERE BE ELBOW ROOM IN THE OPEN WORLD ANYMORE????????????
  • They also made it extremely easy to gank now.

    Most zones are filled with a roaming gank squad and portal campers.

    These players also ignore one another because they just want to 6v1 people and collect their 4.1 gear.

    I tried running one group into another. They killed me and then ran away from each other

    So going into the world solo during prime time doesn't exist anymore.

    So unless you're going to from a gank squad and spend 2 hours killing 4 people, or ZvZ for a territory, there's no reason to leave Caerleon
  • It has gotten so bad that the gankers are migrating into the yellow zones, where there isn't even any return for them in ganking. Rather than gank for a profit that apparently is no longer there, gankers now just roleplay as bullies and mean jerks. It's a haven for sociopaths.
  • Daaysme wrote:

    They also made it extremely easy to gank now.

    Most zones are filled with a roaming gank squad and portal campers.

    These players also ignore one another because they just want to 6v1 people and collect their 4.1 gear.

    I tried running one group into another. They killed me and then ran away from each other

    So going into the world solo during prime time doesn't exist anymore.

    So unless you're going to from a gank squad and spend 2 hours killing 4 people, or ZvZ for a territory, there's no reason to leave Caerleon
    You tried to clash two groups, one time, and then concluded groups don't fight each other?

    Groups do fight against each other, quite frequently. But sometimes they don't. It goes both ways.
  • Theat wrote:

    Daaysme wrote:

    They also made it extremely easy to gank now.

    Most zones are filled with a roaming gank squad and portal campers.

    These players also ignore one another because they just want to 6v1 people and collect their 4.1 gear.

    I tried running one group into another. They killed me and then ran away from each other

    So going into the world solo during prime time doesn't exist anymore.

    So unless you're going to from a gank squad and spend 2 hours killing 4 people, or ZvZ for a territory, there's no reason to leave Caerleon
    You tried to clash two groups, one time, and then concluded groups don't fight each other?
    Groups do fight against each other, quite frequently. But sometimes they don't. It goes both ways.

    I've done it multiple times.

    They poke at each other looking for an over extention. If someone is out of position or low hp, and they can get an easy kill, they engage.

    If they have to man fight straight up, they both fall back
  • The game is actually the only full-loot medfan MMORPG, aside from Darkfall, but Darkfall ROA is very low with population, the other Darkfall new dawn which I play sometimes, is still in beta.

    It is quite cheap, for 30 $ you will have a blast, and even if you don't like it in the long run, you will have lost nothing really.

    Just know one thing, if you are exclusively a solo player like me, access to the last zones (black zones) is challenging sometimes (portal and zone camping with 10-20 men groups killing everything they see), but there are quite a lot of them so you can always find a way in.

    I still think that the previous map design with a few public cities inside black zone, was really better, because you didn't have this crap portal camping. More over, immersion wise, it was also better with ports etc...
  • I wanted to add that once you have bought the game, you can play it TOTALLY FOR FREE, buying your premium with your game incomes (converting silvers into gold, and buying month subscriptions with it). It's like Eve plex. And is really easy to have if you plan ahead a little.