Don't get sidetracked now, make this in to a proper competitive mmorpg.

  • Don't get sidetracked now, make this in to a proper competitive mmorpg.

    Hey guys,


    First of all, i would like to say that in my opinion, devs made a great game, with a huge potential. I disagree with people calling for it to become a next ultima online, and whining how it isn't all that. I think the idea (at least my perception of it) of this game is completely different and i hope devs does not get sidetracked now.

    At the moment, the game is all about endgame GvG. it's been designed that way. It's all about competitiveness between the guilds, the war in the black zone, politics... Teams are forming left, right and center, to try and get into it, training every day... It's great. It does however lacks a bit of depth in that field as well. To make it truly become a game people have dreams about. The game people want to be in the game people want to play and watch. I think, the devs shouldn't try to add more content to carter the casual(arena), but instead i belive they should focus more on comepetitve/endgame content.

    My suggestion would be, that they should add a once a year spectacle. A "world championship" of some sort. Something for the teams to look forward to, even for the teams, that have everything (looking at you money guild) and are currently saying that the game lacks content. I think, that would made people stay. That would bring new players in and that would make this game the first of its kind. The moba with hard core sandbox mmo background. I know i would want to watch that. I would pay to watch that. And i would dream to one day compete in it. I bet a lot of other would as well.

    For people that are saying that LoL or Dota offers that, and they do it better. I disagree once again. Their games offers something completely different. Every game, you pick new character, that suits that game the most, or more accurate, it gets picked for you. Here, people would be associated with their characters, that they developed and put a lot of hard work into them. You would get famous characters and famous players. They would be associated with guild and alliances. It would have special depth that the other moba games doesn't have.

    I think that offering some sort of in game special reward might be all the motivation people would need. But if you add prize pool to it.... Well played i'd say. You get sponsors coming in. You get professional players. You get coverage.... Why dota and lol made it so big ? Exactly because of that. It offers dreams and possibility of a better life doing something that you love doing.

    i will leave you all with that. I know a lot of people will disagree with me. And that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in my book. But please, keep it civil.

    Cheers.

    Puh out.
  • No offence but I think you are delusional. In a game where a single player can literally scam an entire guild out of their whole resources/wealth and not have any repercussions and pre-mades "train" against PUGs in the arena I don't see it happening for a very very long time if at all.

    Game has massive grind to reach best masteries etc I think all those competitive games you are thinking of put players on relative equal ground against each other. Can easily be addressed but then your talking about changing the game to a MOBA.

    Did you read the MONEY GUILD ARE OUT thread? Only about 3 people actually gaf in it and they were meant to be The End Game players. Imo 1/4 at best are players that would fit into the game you described from this current player base and game already puts heavy emphasis on it like you said and look what happened when people realised it... 250k+ backers/funders/players down to 30-40k unique weekly characters.
  • Money Guild was a ponzi scheme run by 5 people. Now that it folded, they'll be irrelevant in a week, completely forgotten in a month. I wouldn't take what they're crying about seriously.

    Beta guilds have played this game for years. Of course they're gonna burn out of it. It'll be years before us players who only joined live get sick of it. In the meantime: best thing you can do with Albion is not play it for 1-2 days a week. Even if you wouldn't mind logging in. Keep a few games on the side. My go-tos are Heroes of the Storm, Fallout 4, Skyrim & Pillars of Eternity. That way you don't burn out.

    That said, I do like the idea of a yearly tournament... if they can properly promote it and they use it very well to attract people to play the game.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by RockLobster ().

  • FlicksZ wrote:

    No offence but I think you are delusional. In a game where a single player can literally scam an entire guild out of their whole resources/wealth and not have any repercussions and pre-mades "train" against PUGs in the arena I don't see it happening for a very very long time if at all.

    Game has massive grind to reach best masteries etc I think all those competitive games you are thinking of put players on relative equal ground against each other. Can easily be addressed but then your talking about changing the game to a MOBA.

    Did you read the MONEY GUILD ARE OUT thread? Only about 3 people actually gaf in it and they were meant to be The End Game players. Imo 1/4 at best are players that would fit into the game you described from this current player base and game already puts heavy emphasis on it like you said and look what happened when people realised it... 250k+ backers/funders/players down to 30-40k unique weekly characters.
    I'm not going to touch your first point.

    But as to your second. That is exactly what is making it different then moba. The mastery grind that you mentioned for example, the limited learning points you spent on something. The guild that supports you. The gatherers that made it happen. It makes each character a bit different, yours if you want it. It can be build the way you want it. And the difference between the moba is exactly that.

    Also, if you are saying, what i think you are saying. So that in this game, more dedicated people have advantage, and that is different in mobas. I would disagree. If we would be two equally talented people and you would play 2 hours, and i played 8 hours, i would have distinctive advantage in that game, no matter what kind off game it is. The difference exist between a competiteve moba/fps player and me as a casual and same goes here for players that wants to do endgame gvg and me with 20 mastery.

    Annd tbh when you play moba or fps, do you actually expect to participate in the endgame tournament ? Not really. Doesn't stop you from trying though. The same goes for this. It would allow people to strive towards something. And it would give casuals, like myself something to do as well. Watching, cheering. We as a human race enjoy spectacles. Since roman times, and gladiators, we always like to see people going at each other. Nowdays we find that in games or sports. I think, it would give this game a sense of working towards something greater for gatherers, guilds...

    I mean, you could call that delusional. But only if you want to be really negative. I think the game has a potential to get there quite quickly and not really lose out on a new content updates that are needed as well.

    As for why people left the game. That is completely different topic.

    Edited for typos.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Puh ().

  • Have you played MXM MOBA game? Have you even heard of it? I would not be surprised if you haven't. Its basically what your describing, tried to do what you want but had no chance. Wasn't even a bad game imo.

    To me it sounds like you want an E-Sports type of thing which I don't think this game would stand a chance just like MXM. But I am probably being overly negative and very biased don't get caught up on it, just an opinion.

    Why people left the game is different topic but not entirely irrelevant, like my 1st points. Korn recently posted arenas are not meant to be pugs vs pre-mades so yes things can change and in a blink of an eye because a business will do what a business wants.

    Gl. Keep up the enthusiasm is nice to see.
  • Puh wrote:

    FlicksZ wrote:

    No offence but I think you are delusional. In a game where a single player can literally scam an entire guild out of their whole resources/wealth and not have any repercussions and pre-mades "train" against PUGs in the arena I don't see it happening for a very very long time if at all.

    Game has massive grind to reach best masteries etc I think all those competitive games you are thinking of put players on relative equal ground against each other. Can easily be addressed but then your talking about changing the game to a MOBA.

    Did you read the MONEY GUILD ARE OUT thread? Only about 3 people actually gaf in it and they were meant to be The End Game players. Imo 1/4 at best are players that would fit into the game you described from this current player base and game already puts heavy emphasis on it like you said and look what happened when people realised it... 250k+ backers/funders/players down to 30-40k unique weekly characters.
    I'm not going to touch your first point.
    But as to your second. That is exactly what is making it different then moba. The mastery grind that you mentioned for example, the limited learning points you spent on something. The guild that supports you. The gatherers that made it happen. It makes each character a bit different, yours if you want it. It can be build the way you want it. And the difference between the moba is exactly that.

    Also, if you are saying, what i think you are saying. So that in this game, more dedicated people have advantage, and that is different in mobas. I would disagree. If we would be two equally talented people and you would play 2 hours, and i played 8 hours, i would have distinctive advantage in that game, no matter what kind off game it is. The difference exist between a competiteve moba/fps player and me as a casual and same goes here for players that wants to do endgame gvg and me with 20 mastery.

    Annd tbh when you play moba or fps, do you actually expect to participate in the endgame tournament ? Not really. Doesn't stop you from trying though. The same goes for this. It would allow people to strive towards something. And it would give casuals, like myself something to do as well. Watching, cheering. We as a human race enjoy spectacles. Since roman times, and gladiators, we always like to see people going at each other. Nowdays we find that in games or sports. I think, it would give this game a sense of working towards something greater for gatherers, guilds...

    I mean, you could call that delusional. But only if you want to be really negative. I think the game has a potential to get there quite quickly and not really lose out on a new content updates that are needed as well.

    As for why people left the game. That is completely different topic.

    Edited for typos.
    So it's like a MOBA, but where one side starts the battle with an advantage over the other side and where spectators have to grind and give their resources away so their favorite team can compete.

    Wow, sounds downright amazing. If you like serfdom.

    Look, I get it. The 5v5 fighting is fun. It'd have the potential to be a decent, very niche MOBA on its own, with perhaps a few thousand players. But that's not what the game is supposed to be, nor is it what it was sold as: it's an open world PvP sandbox-ish game. GvG is supposed to be happen because of team vying for supremacy over key regions, not as a thing on its own.

    I'm afraid, though, that between the casual carebears who demand instanced content, the people like you who mistook this game for a MOBA and SBI who've failed to add anything of worth to the Open World in over a year, we're about to just give up on the Open World PvP part of this "open world pvp" game.
  • Ulfnaor wrote:

    Puh wrote:

    FlicksZ wrote:

    No offence but I think you are delusional. In a game where a single player can literally scam an entire guild out of their whole resources/wealth and not have any repercussions and pre-mades "train" against PUGs in the arena I don't see it happening for a very very long time if at all.

    Game has massive grind to reach best masteries etc I think all those competitive games you are thinking of put players on relative equal ground against each other. Can easily be addressed but then your talking about changing the game to a MOBA.

    Did you read the MONEY GUILD ARE OUT thread? Only about 3 people actually gaf in it and they were meant to be The End Game players. Imo 1/4 at best are players that would fit into the game you described from this current player base and game already puts heavy emphasis on it like you said and look what happened when people realised it... 250k+ backers/funders/players down to 30-40k unique weekly characters.
    I'm not going to touch your first point.But as to your second. That is exactly what is making it different then moba. The mastery grind that you mentioned for example, the limited learning points you spent on something. The guild that supports you. The gatherers that made it happen. It makes each character a bit different, yours if you want it. It can be build the way you want it. And the difference between the moba is exactly that.

    Also, if you are saying, what i think you are saying. So that in this game, more dedicated people have advantage, and that is different in mobas. I would disagree. If we would be two equally talented people and you would play 2 hours, and i played 8 hours, i would have distinctive advantage in that game, no matter what kind off game it is. The difference exist between a competiteve moba/fps player and me as a casual and same goes here for players that wants to do endgame gvg and me with 20 mastery.

    Annd tbh when you play moba or fps, do you actually expect to participate in the endgame tournament ? Not really. Doesn't stop you from trying though. The same goes for this. It would allow people to strive towards something. And it would give casuals, like myself something to do as well. Watching, cheering. We as a human race enjoy spectacles. Since roman times, and gladiators, we always like to see people going at each other. Nowdays we find that in games or sports. I think, it would give this game a sense of working towards something greater for gatherers, guilds...

    I mean, you could call that delusional. But only if you want to be really negative. I think the game has a potential to get there quite quickly and not really lose out on a new content updates that are needed as well.

    As for why people left the game. That is completely different topic.

    Edited for typos.
    So it's like a MOBA, but where one side starts the battle with an advantage over the other side and where spectators have to grind and give their resources away so their favorite team can compete.
    Wow, sounds downright amazing. If you like serfdom.

    Look, I get it. The 5v5 fighting is fun. It'd have the potential to be a decent, very niche MOBA on its own, with perhaps a few thousand players. But that's not what the game is supposed to be, nor is it what it was sold as: it's an open world PvP sandbox-ish game. GvG is supposed to be happen because of team vying for supremacy over key regions, not as a thing on its own.

    I'm afraid, though, that between the casual carebears who demand instanced content, the people like you who mistook this game for a MOBA and SBI who've failed to add anything of worth to the Open World in over a year, we're about to just give up on the Open World PvP part of this "open world pvp" game.
    Hmm, yeah. It's only advantage if the other side didn't put as much effort in it. And as for spectators giving their resources away.... I think of it like that, If i'm a crafter, and that is my job and i love doing it, there is nothing better then having my work shown/mentioned somewhere where a lot of people can see it and i get recognition for it. Now if i'm forced do give my resources away... that is a different story, but as it's a game, what is stopping you from not doing that ?

    And as for your next point. I'm not saying it needs to be a moba, nor do i see it as a moba. I like all the "sandbox" content it has to offer. I like doing dungeons. I like ganking, i like gathering, crafting.... But why can't that all be combined with a "spectacle thing" i mentioned ? I really, don't see a reason why not. Nor do i see many downsides to it. What we need to recognize as well, is that we are basically on that road already, with - as you mentioned- guild fighting for supremacy over key regions on a regular/daily basis(moba style 5v5). How far stretched is it then, to have guilds fight it out, who is the best, once a year ? Hm.

    As far as the selling points for this game goes. There are many. GvG beeing a big part of it as well since the begging of the betas. Which is by design 5v5 instanced fight. Is that wrong ? Whos to say. It's how it is though.

    What i see from your post, is a whine about not having enough open world pvp(, point about which i don't actually disagree about.
  • This is what Blade and Soul tried to do... Thry lost 90% of their US player base within a month of announcing they were going to focus development time on something a total of 15 people were going to use.

    The shift worked in Korea though. Maybe SBI could move the servers and do this.