Arena - Solo VS Group Registration

• Well that's the first time I'm criticizing devs since beta 3 but you guys are so unprofessional. You should be ashamed to get patchs like this one out, where arena work is only half done. I'll summit all the things you forgot :

- Working queue
    - Team / solo different queues
    - Leaver system
    - Ranking system

I mean you guys take a lot of time to add content, why not, but to get this out... wow. Hope you'll do better in the nearly future.
  • Taftaf wrote:

Well that's the first time I'm criticizing devs since beta 3 but you guys are so unprofessional. You should be ashamed to get patchs like this one out, where arena work is only half done. I'll summit all the things you forgot :

- Working queue
    - Team / solo different queues
    - Leaver system
    - Ranking system

I mean you guys take a lot of time to add content, why not, but to get this out... wow. Hope you'll do better in the nearly future.
    Agreed. Although its true that one cannot make everyone happy, its also true that if they keep rushing content thats done half assed there won't be a community left. The friends who have laughed, quit and gone back to ULTIMA ONLINE already are in double digits.
  • Baby mentioned it in a post above this... about queue timer going over 8mins and ending up facing pre-mades so I started keeping track of my own games.

It seems it could be correct. All my queues around the 8min and over end up against pre-mades, any queue that pops fast (4mins and under), seem to be pug vs pug.

I wonder if the matchmaking tries to match premades to premades, then after 8mins says feck it, roflstomp some randoms for ez tokens.

I know one thing.. everytime the queue goes above 5mins I cancel, wait a bit and requeue.
  • Xericor wrote:

Baby mentioned it in a post above this... about queue timer going over 8mins and ending up facing pre-mades so I started keeping track of my own games.

It seems it could be correct. All my queues around the 8min and over end up against pre-mades, any queue that pops fast (4mins and under), seem to be pug vs pug.

I wonder if the matchmaking tries to match premades to premades, then after 8mins says feck it, roflstomp some randoms for ez tokens.

I know one thing.. everytime the queue goes above 5mins I cancel, wait a bit and requeue.
    Interesting theory. If it's so it isn't hard to fix..

I would rather wait 15 minutes to get a fair fight than wait 8 minutes and meet #$%^ pre-made.
    RU: http://youtube.com/streamguild – streams; http://youtube.com/igroglaz – news&review.
    EN: http://youtube.com/GlazGame – streams; http://youtube.com/GameGlaz – MMORPG news&reviews
  • I think the system tries to put pugs with pugs (who are in similar ip or even sometimes itll put someone with high ip to balance the low ip person) and if no one is queueing eventually itll pit u against a premade or a really bad team (because no one else is queueing) -- similar to overwatch ranked.. sometimes theyll put a high rating player with low rating players in hopes that the high rated player can carry lol..

Another thing i think it tries to do is to group u with similar geared players / ip/avg ip and will probably factor in ur k/d/a/caps as time goes on to match u against similarly skilled players ..

And.. this isn't meant to sound toxic or whatever else.. but from what ive noticed off of watching streams or even my own games is that.. many players just dont understand the game mode at all.. its still a team based game mode with strategy.. players shouldnt always be looking to kill.. and not only that.. comp does matter and knowing your role does matter.. and how the game mode works..Ive seen players blantantly blame the team .. without even bothering to offer constructive criticism or basic game plans.. how can you even blame your team at that point? And ive seen players cry premade when losing even though none of the enemies have the same tag lol ..

The basic game plan is to cap 2 nodes.. 1 person who is designated to capping 1 sidenode and rotating to mid directly after or going for the backcap if team fight is losing (so knowing how many enemies at mid is important and keeping track of who dies etc) ask your team to call out #s.. the person who is doing this role should be able to do 1v1s so pay attention to who is on ur team and send them out to side nodes

1 person designated to roaming (the person who hovers between mid/team fights and assists the guy who is sidecapping if another enemy shows up)

Then ofc, your average tank+healer+ dps/offtank

Ideally.. you want to either match your numbers with your enemy at fights or outnumber them..

With all of this being said.. awareness is important.. knowing when to rotate your main teamfights to other nodes and sending ur roamer/backcappers etc to other nodes once team fight happens is also important.. and keeping in mind sometimes its worth to just give a point to the enemies for a regroup at tent once you notice that the enemies are snowballing your team bc your team is trickling..

Anyway, my point being is..whether premade or not.. communication is key.. a simple msg in party chat like "hey guys, can u guys pls call out #s in party chat?," or "hey xxxx can u go cap home?" .. can make all the difference.. u dont need to be the best pvper to win this gamemode.. u just need to be 2 steps ahead of your enemy.

Also, haha inc bunker/cheese meta for arena from gw2 :P
    Cap 2 nodes and cc everyone off 3rd node entire game

P.s. Sorry for grammar/spelling whatever else. Hope this post helps.. and people stop blaming the system so much.. when sometimes its not always the system .. some are just quick to make assumptions without thinking of all other possibilities..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Baby ().

• Xericor wrote:

Baby mentioned it in a post above this... about queue timer going over 8mins and ending up facing pre-mades so I started keeping track of my own games.

False. I am Solo queue Healer, I have no waiting time, and i keep getting into unfair matches against pre-made groups..
  • Doesnt make my post false bro.
    My post is my account. It happened.

You have changed the parameters. I am queuing as tank/dps, you are as a healer. Aside from other factors that could effect your queue vs my queue (region and time for example), healer vs dps is a massive change.

Rather than declaring my post false (you cant change history), we have just added to the research -

It would seem now that,

8min queues trigger matches vs pre-mades if you are tank/dps AND/OR
    If you are a healer (which are in demand), your queue may trigger faster and you'll still find yourself against pre-mades.

More evidence that this sh*t needs changing asap.
  • Lagertha- wrote:

Agreed! I tried the SOLO the other day, got into a random group and we got matched with a pre-made group. There is absolutely no change to win that.. hopefully this gets fixed.

Mhtic wrote:

Xericor wrote:

False. I am Solo queue Healer, I have no waiting time, and i keep getting into unfair matches against pre-made groups..

+ 1 !!!
    And i am only full T5 and always get matched with Full T6 ! Damn-it !
  • HolyWayne wrote:

I really like the game, and an very patient. However, this is unreal how there could be this much oversight. How can they expect a full pug to go against A team GG sqauds in the same queue?

Casuals cried about there being an arena rating, and it leading to elitists and people being excluded from teams due to low rating.

Now you have to live with it.
    "Let the world know that I plan to die."
  • I think of myself as a skilled pvper, but solo-queue PUG arenas are horrid, the loss rate is very very high. Often times one or more players just give up early, stop fighting, log out, don't try, log in afk, etc. Then there are the PUGs versus premades which is often. A bad healer is essentially a loss. For me it's been about 2 wins for every 5 solo-pugs.

However with all this said, the good games, the even matchups, make the losses worthwhile. It's so fun when you get evenly matched teams. Or even a pug versus an unskilled premade.

So far my favorite arena has been my 4-man group (one afked and left early) versus a premade and beating them. Totally worth all the shit in between. And it was a hell of a fight.
  • You face a premade about 50% of the time now, so that is usually a loss. Sometimes it is a worthwhile battle but usual not (more important since arena is for practice)

Add in a 10+ minute wait time and arena is getting to be useless for what it is meant for, practice for new players. I barely play anymore. Sub is up soon, no reason to continue it.