Reason for having no loot-yellow HGs and Arenas ?

  • Classicoe wrote:

    digital88 wrote:

    Use red\black HGs?

    KARMACOP wrote:

    vladicek wrote:

    Just one question. Shouldnt now we have full loot yhg when there are also arenas ? I dont see the point to have 2 instanced pvp arenas which very similar to each other. Make HGs great again.
    Just as Digita88 said, go red or black HG... I don't really understand how YHG bothers you all. If i want full loot i just go red/black, that's it.
    I don't do reds because I don't fame farm for hours on end (actually I don't fame farm at all). So my specialization numbers are all fairly low. It seems like red/black HG's are full of teams with maxed our specializations.
    It basically gives them a full item tier advantage.

    It's not that I have any issue with full-loot, I'd actually love to see full-loot in YHG's. They have the soft cap so I know I'm not at a massive disadvantage to anyone.

    I don't do farm farming or expeditions because they're fucking boring, all I do are YHG's. I'll probably do red/blacks once my specializations are over about 50.
    Absolutely agree and have always said that yellow gates should be the exact same as yellow gvgs, full loot with cap. It's a stepping stone for risk vs reward. As predicted, flat 6 gear is easy asf for any casual to blow silver on or even craft it themselves. As of now, yellow hgs are a fucking joke with no risk while red/black are suicide for anyone under 50spc/70mast.... There is no fucking middle ground.... Fuck me tho right for not wanting to spend countless hrs in grisdale/shiftshadow/ or even blighted bog in order to have fun.... :/
  • Ulfnaor wrote:

    Hanapaa wrote:

    What they should do is leave yellows alone and split up red and black gates. Both will still be full loot but reds will have a power soft cap and black gates will remain as they are.
    Many times during the day, red/black gates are already empty as it is.
    We don't need more segregation.
    This is what happens in full-loot PvP MMOs, duh. No one wants to risk their gear, if they can't get a 50/50 fight or better, they won't go/fight. Players are not idiots and gonna run out en masse to throw gear away in red/black. Always amazed by this mentality, that in a full-loot MMO that there will be non-stop PvP. There literally cannot be. And with AO being so lacking in other content, there is not much else to do. So AO probably dies off but I'll have fun for awhile.
  • Derrant wrote:

    Ulfnaor wrote:

    Hanapaa wrote:

    What they should do is leave yellows alone and split up red and black gates. Both will still be full loot but reds will have a power soft cap and black gates will remain as they are.
    Many times during the day, red/black gates are already empty as it is.We don't need more segregation.
    This is what happens in full-loot PvP MMOs, duh. No one wants to risk their gear, if they can't get a 50/50 fight or better, they won't go/fight. Players are not idiots and gonna run out en masse to throw gear away in red/black. Always amazed by this mentality, that in a full-loot MMO that there will be non-stop PvP. There literally cannot be. And with AO being so lacking in other content, there is not much else to do. So AO probably dies off but I'll have fun for awhile.
    It all depends on gear price and how easy it is to re-gear.

    Even on bad days, 6.1 gear is incredibly cheap imo. I fail to see who can't afford going out in 6.1 gear and do PvP tbqh.
  • Ulfnaor wrote:

    It all depends on gear price and how easy it is to re-gear.
    Even on bad days, 6.1 gear is incredibly cheap imo. I fail to see who can't afford going out in 6.1 gear and do PvP tbqh.
    Obviously you are wrong if red/black HGs are not teaming with people.

    There is also the fact that players simple don't want to reward 'enemies', as well. No matter what the price it. Finally, all the players (mostly beta) who know the game go there to fight, many are still learning. No one wants to take some new team against some team on comms that has their group spec dialed in.

    Strategic PvP. Welcome to it.
  • Mardonius wrote:

    digital88 wrote:

    Again why dont you go red or black gates? Why you want to remove content from game that lacks it?
    Because they want HG full loot to be the only option so they can get more loot and people who don't want full loot would have no options.
    It has nothing to do with that, getting loot is 2ndary to getting a decent fight- it's proven in the fact that most of the people doing RHGs right now are complaining about 1-3 healer setups coming in & doing a boss, then leaving. None of us want a free hell gate, with free loot- we want a decent fight & a safe space isn't going to provide that any more than 1-3 healers coming into RHGs to steal a boss then leave.
    The fact that you don't lose items means you don't look for your own mistakes, you've taken away the risk & reward- therefore you don't learn from your mistakes as quickly(if at all) & those around you do nothing but promote your own mistakes because they make them as well, you risk less- which is why watching & playing YHGs is completely different than playing a RHG.

    Dragis wrote:

    Another thing why YELLOW HG is crap expierence to progress(with broken meta play cause no full loot pvp). Promoting this thread..

    reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…ith_triple_bruiser_comps/

    The fault is that they continuously bring stupid shit into YHGs, you can't watch a real YHG video without thinking wtf is this comp.

    It's like playing a normal game in League & then saying it competes with high level ranked.

    The post was edited 4 times, last by Digit ().

  • hamonteixeira wrote:

    BHGs and HGRs are getting empty because players get tired of losing their loot to p2w players with 3 premium accounts ... Now these bored players want to empty YHGs.
    Proof? Do you do a lot of RHGs? How vast is your knowledge of them? How often do you see these p2w players with 3 premium accounts? How do you even know they have 3 premium accounts?

    No one in RHGs run a constant supply of Demon Helmets, Infernal Scythes, Hellion Hoods, Fiend Hoods etc, why? Because it isn't worth the expense, there's the possibility of P2W but that wont get you anywhere if you can't back it up with skill- YHGs on the other hand I see people running 7.3 items(Even though there's a softcap, those repair costs doe) with the best demon artefacts they can afford- it does nothing BUT promote P2W behaviour, bad play & no improvement on their own skill.

    I spend nearly everyday I'm online in a RHG & I rarely see anyone above 6.1- sometimes 7.1 players, but even though I posses the wealth I don't move up to 7.1 out of courtesy to everyone not running 7.1- Why would I put myself at an advantage like that? It does nothing but ruin my own learning progression & general fun, I'm not here to stomp every team under me.
    I own 1 other account that has been premium maybe a week after I started, I haven't used it at all- so that obviously doesn't give me much of an advantage now does it?
  • The main reason is diversity in future
    Point is that if there will be no midground to progress to learn specific of the game for that high end 5v5 feature well... This will be very simple - those who play expedition, arenas, Yhg will reach that point than they get bored without puttin any reason to try unrestricted mode because they will be stomped in to piece and this expierece wont push em to try harder...As i posted in previous post from Reddit as example

    And those who can handle and do try runs in unrestricted will loose activity once groups will gets demotivated to that point than TIME invesment (for em) to gear up and stay in UNRESTRICTED zone will force em to leave also.

    So basicily if game dont want to provide solid playground to make changes/rotation in the end of the game i dunno how else i can summurize all da shit i writing lol...

    Currently from my own perspective was runing with 4 new members (who havent touched this game in previous states) to R/B hgs, Yhgs, and Ygvg.
    YGvG gave best results to stay and play and progreses searchin synergy between team. But Ygvg is so faking hard to come by nowadays that its also unacceptable..
  • vladicek wrote:

    Just one question. Shouldnt now we have full loot yhg when there are also arenas ? I dont see the point to have 2 instanced pvp arenas which very similar to each other. Make HGs great again.
    No. That means we should have optional full loot arena.
    We already have fool loot and no loot HGs ando only no loot arenas.

    ADD content to make game better, not remove.
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/
  • digital88 wrote:

    Use red\black HGs?
    I agree with above, but it's not because I'm a "carebear".
    Iif you actually care about the game, it's longevity, profitability and success, then, don't propose removal of content or reduction of choices.

    Successful games/companies, etc, often have MORE choices for MORE people that are balanced and don't cause conflict between the sectors of the population.

    For example, OSRS thrives because it's different sectors get their content, content updates, and balancing to keep the different people from killing each other.
    Sure they don't always succeed, but there's a reason why RS has been so popular. They listen to feedback, and they haves MASSIVE content.

    Removing something to make the game more "hardcore" or "right" because it's a primarily OWPVP game is counterproductive TO OWPVP as well.
    IF a lot of people just leave, if they don't even have the soft"hey lets do yellow HG THEN RED" option, then there's less to kill in red/black later.

    I'm honestly not picking on the poster, but I'm pretty disappointed about certain community members thrusting this "more full loot is better at cost of anything else" idea
    If that wasn't your intention, that's cool but I hope my argument makes sense.
  • Targun wrote:

    vladicek wrote:

    Just one question. Shouldnt now we have full loot yhg when there are also arenas ? I dont see the point to have 2 instanced pvp arenas which very similar to each other. Make HGs great again.
    No. That means we should have optional full loot arena.We already have fool loot and no loot HGs ando only no loot arenas.

    ADD content to make game better, not remove.
    EXACTLY. More is more, not less. And if they add full loot arena option, it won't hurt me (who doesn't care for the option) but it would help those who want it, as opposed to removing not-full-loot HG's, which will just hurt some people.
  • SleepyPoet wrote:

    Targun wrote:

    vladicek wrote:

    Just one question. Shouldnt now we have full loot yhg when there are also arenas ? I dont see the point to have 2 instanced pvp arenas which very similar to each other. Make HGs great again.
    No. That means we should have optional full loot arena.We already have fool loot and no loot HGs ando only no loot arenas.
    ADD content to make game better, not remove.
    EXACTLY. More is more, not less. And if they add full loot arena option, it won't hurt me (who doesn't care for the option) but it would help those who want it, as opposed to removing not-full-loot HG's, which will just hurt some people.
    Wrong, more does not always equal better- you need a player base to sustain more, the game does not have the player base to sustain countless things, so you go for the next best thing- more quality less quantity.

    Also it's been discussed in gaming countless times that casual players hate choice. Research it.

    I'd also hate full loot arena as I think the general notion of arena in general is counter to what Open World is.
  • Digit wrote:

    SleepyPoet wrote:

    Targun wrote:

    vladicek wrote:

    Just one question. Shouldnt now we have full loot yhg when there are also arenas ? I dont see the point to have 2 instanced pvp arenas which very similar to each other. Make HGs great again.
    No. That means we should have optional full loot arena.We already have fool loot and no loot HGs ando only no loot arenas.ADD content to make game better, not remove.
    EXACTLY. More is more, not less. And if they add full loot arena option, it won't hurt me (who doesn't care for the option) but it would help those who want it, as opposed to removing not-full-loot HG's, which will just hurt some people.
    Wrong, more does not always equal better- you need a player base to sustain more, the game does not have the player base to sustain countless things, so you go for the next best thing- more quality less quantity.
    Also it's been discussed in gaming countless times that casual players hate choice. Research it.

    I'd also hate full loot arena as I think the general notion of arena in general is counter to what Open World is.
    If two or three options are 'countless' for you there is really no sense in discussing anything with you...
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/