Frazzle damage nerf?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Frazzle damage nerf?

Looks like Frazzle had it's damage roughly halved in addition to adding the AR/MR shred. Was this intended? I know the cast time was reduced, but the damage is pretty bad now, and it wasn't exactly spectacular to begin with.

Any chance we can get an official word on this? Bug or feature?
    • i don't believe frazzle damage was changed. It looked like it on test server last week but i don't believe it made it through to live. Same with the Q shield on arcane, it looked like they cut it in half on test but not on live.

EDIT: actually I noticed my frazzle damage went from 386 to 286 Which is about a 25% damage nerf

and yes, this was not mentioned in the patch notes and is a pretty large nerf to damage if you ask me...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dip ()

• After a bit more of testing (when i was bored enough to play a useless skill) i realized that the changes in the last update were a nerf!
      The 4s duration of the armor reduce is just a joke. Maybe you can keep it on max 2 targets but then you have no time to support your team with shields. And if you want to take it as single target damage spell the actual damage is with reduced armor less then before.

@Retroman you know that in GvGs and ZvZ AoEs are important so an armor reduce that can be barely kept on 2 targets doesnt count as support?
      In the end the damage beam and in some situations purge are the only viable spells on the w.
      I guard my king with heart and soul!
    • I've been trying to figure out viable dps builds for arcane assuming that the nerf will stand, and at equal levels of mastery Frazzle and Frostbolt actually do the same amount of damage, but Frostbolt is .2 faster cast speed. This is why I assume they'll not fix the nerf'd damage.

Despite the nerf I think that there is still a place for arcane. Some builds can make Frazzle spam competitive but I think you'll be hard pressed to convince most teams that you're worth it vs something like a frost mage.

I guess you're trading damage for the ability to swap skills to counter other team comps, but in practice this doesn't work out very well because many of the builds require switching more than just the spells / passives on your items. For example, you can build scholar robe / spell book to get Frazzle cast speed lower, and then using the quick cast spell provided by the scholar's robe just dump a lot of damage quickly. However, if you need to swap to purge or cleanse you're now wearing cloth and using a book that doesn't actually help you as a utility mage. Similarly, if you wear leather for CDR you'll have more utility as your spells will be up more frequently, but you've lost the cast speed bonus and thus your damage. Plate also works as utility mage, but then you're giving up both CDR and damage, which seems like a poor choice to me, but at least makes you viable as a back line defender/ peel for your healer.

So while in theory Arcane is awesome and has a lot of power in the ability to hot swap counter enemy teams, it falls short in practice because it relies pretty heavily on other gear to remain competitive with alternative classes.
    • Wretch schrieb:

Now that there is a resistance debuff on frazzle is the damage of it the same as before on second hit of frazzle ( once resistance is applied ) ?

Edit : I read @Dip post saying 25 per cent dmg nerf but wasn't sure if this was before or after resistance debuff

Vyle schrieb:

I've been trying to figure out viable dps builds for arcane assuming that the nerf will stand, and at equal levels of mastery Frazzle and Frostbolt actually do the same amount of damage, but Frostbolt is .2 faster cast speed. This is why I assume they'll not fix the nerf'd damage.

Despite the nerf I think that there is still a place for arcane. Some builds can make Frazzle spam competitive but I think you'll be hard pressed to convince most teams that you're worth it vs something like a frost mage.

I guess you're trading damage for the ability to swap skills to counter other team comps, but in practice this doesn't work out very well because many of the builds require switching more than just the spells / passives on your items. For example, you can build scholar robe / spell book to get Frazzle cast speed lower, and then using the quick cast spell provided by the scholar's robe just dump a lot of damage quickly. However, if you need to swap to purge or cleanse you're now wearing cloth and using a book that doesn't actually help you as a utility mage. Similarly, if you wear leather for CDR you'll have more utility as your spells will be up more frequently, but you've lost the cast speed bonus and thus your damage. Plate also works as utility mage, but then you're giving up both CDR and damage, which seems like a poor choice to me, but at least makes you viable as a back line defender/ peel for your healer.

So while in theory Arcane is awesome and has a lot of power in the ability to hot swap counter enemy teams, it falls short in practice because it relies pretty heavily on other gear to remain competitive with alternative classes.
      The damage nerf I was talking about was just the flat damage not considering the resistance shred. The resistance shred only gives a damage buff of about 6-7% to your team, so for solo play our overall dps was nerfed. However in a team of 5 if all players are hitting the shreded target it will make up for the damage cut off of the actual attack. As for the Q shield nerf it was also cut down by about the same amount with no prior notice in the patch notes, I hope we can get this reverted. Exactly as Vyle wrote, I have a very difficult time convincing teams to take me over a frost mage or any other mage as a matter of fact.