Came here looking to rediscover the magic that once embodied UO

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Came here looking to rediscover the magic that once embodied UO

Hello all!

Ultima Online was my first MMO - opened my account in Oct of 1998! .. and while UO just celebrated its 20th year, I find myself bored to tears with it. My account has been active, even during phases when I was not, perhaps off exploring other worlds, but something about UO just kept bringing me back.

Whatever the "something" is... it's gone.

I love a game where I can do what I want, and am not pigeon holed into someone elses idea of how my character should be. I hear that's what Albion offers.

Let's hope they're right!
    • Bhagna schrieb:

Hello all!

Ultima Online was my first MMO - opened my account in Oct of 1998! .. and while UO just celebrated its 20th year, I find myself bored to tears with it. My account has been active, even during phases when I was not, perhaps off exploring other worlds, but something about UO just kept bringing me back.

Whatever the "something" is... it's gone.

I love a game where I can do what I want, and am not pigeon holed into someone elses idea of how my character should be. I hear that's what Albion offers.

Let's hope they're right!

If you're looking for a UO experience, look at Legends of Aria. Albion is NOT even remotely close to UO.

I'm sorry you're late to the launch, but a lot of the UO elements in Albion have been sucked out already and will never return.

Albion still has a lot to offer in terms of uniqueness, but it's glory days are most definitely over already; it seems to be speeding towards its (dismal) equilibrium at the moment.

No doubt you'll enjoy the game if you give it a fair chance though - especially since you don't know where it once was.

Welcome to Albion!
    • Couldn't agree more! Looking forward to Legends of Aria Alpha 3 launching tomorrow. Really loved Albion before the devs turned it into what it has become...anything but a sandbox MMO and now they will be in the endless "balancing" phase which will only bring on the game's demise sooner. Case in point is the nerf to healers and nature staff...just because a DPS button smasher can't kill a Nature Staff user 1v1, they nerf it so any button smasher can kill it. The game hardly has any healers as is, and they go and nerf it. This is nothing more than a ZvZ fest with servers that can't handle battles with more than 20 players. Watch the YouTube video you made years ago and turn the game back into what you originally planned!
    • Cerven schrieb:

Couldn't agree more! Looking forward to Legends of Aria Alpha 3 launching tomorrow. Really loved Albion before the devs turned it into what it has become...anything but a sandbox MMO and now they will be in the endless "balancing" phase which will only bring on the game's demise sooner. Case in point is the nerf to healers and nature staff...just because a DPS button smasher can't kill a Nature Staff user 1v1, they nerf it so any button smasher can kill it. The game hardly has any healers as is, and they go and nerf it. This is nothing more than a ZvZ fest with servers that can't handle battles with more than 20 players. Watch the YouTube video you made years ago and turn the game back into what you originally planned!
      I am having a lot of fun, I think healers are in a really good place right now, I think the game is going in the right direction and the developers have been working really hard to make the open world experience better, the casual experience better and the hardcore experience better! Are there still things that could be done to make the game better, of course we are 2 months into it ! I play duo or in small groups and occasionally run into a bigger group but I think you are really overstating ZvZ fest because the maps show groups of larger than 9 players and if you take 10 minutes and run around you really can't back up your argument.
    • Ignore the Doom and Gloomers. They're still on the forum for a reason - if they were truly over they game, they'd fuck off. I don't know why they spend so much of their time on the forums telling new players how bad they think the game is, but I suppose everyone needs a hobby.

I'm a Launch Day survivor and still absolutely loving the game still. Loved it on launch, loved it when they changed some things. Still love it after the first content update and hope you do too!

Welcome to Albion.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• RockLobster schrieb:

Ignore the Doom and Gloomers. They're still on the forum for a reason - if they were truly over they game, they'd fuck off. I don't know why they spend so much of their time on the forums telling new players how bad they think the game is, but I suppose everyone needs a hobby.

I'm a Launch Day survivor and still absolutely loving the game still. Loved it on launch, loved it when they changed some things. Still love it after the first content update and hope you do too!

Welcome to Albion.
      How many people are in your alliance? What is your build? Character assassination is a fool's tool when trying to establish the truth. These doom and gloomers, as you say, are largely people who were happy playing the game and made choices in the game based on how the game was designed, but there were other people online bitching and whining about how others were enjoying the game. Oh no, some people are enjoying the game in places where I can't bully them around with my big slave Zerg. Boo fucking hoo.

Now those users have been objectively screwed over and their effort thrown away. Tell us more about your build and while we are at it tell us how soon your guild was given inside information that the devs were going to totally screw over healers--some of the most pro social players in the game--but only after they grinded 6.5 million fucking fame in it.

Why take something from OP to unusable in open world?! ...and if I was like you I would be on the forum whining that leather is OP in general and you see it in almost all open world builds but I won't, I was just happy in my little niche that I was carving out for myself. I have no grand delusions of in game greatness like a lot of these racist antisocial douchbebags who run the black zone and I have very little interest in interacting with many of them at all. That has nothing to do with whether the game is PVP. It has everything to do with ZVP, I am not a psychopath so I simply don't have the ability to treat hundreds of people like peices of shit and I have no interest in supporting this gameplay style. But to each his own.
    • Savvah schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

Ignore the Doom and Gloomers. They're still on the forum for a reason - if they were truly over they game, they'd fuck off. I don't know why they spend so much of their time on the forums telling new players how bad they think the game is, but I suppose everyone needs a hobby.

Welcome to Albion.
      How many people are in your alliance? What is your build? Character assassination is a fool's tool when trying to establish the truth. These doom and gloomers, as you say, are largely people who were happy playing the game and made choices in the game based on how the game was designed, but there were other people online bitching and whining about how others were enjoying the game. Oh no, some people are enjoying the game in places where I can't bully them around with my big slave Zerg. Boo fucking hoo.
      Now those users have been objectively screwed over and their effort thrown away. Tell us more about your build and while we are at it tell us how soon your guild was given inside information that the devs were going to totally screw over healers--some of the most pro social players in the game--but only after they grinded 6.5 million fucking fame in it.

Why take something from OP to unusable in open world?! ...and if I was like you I would be on the forum whining that leather is OP in general and you see it in almost all open world builds but I won't, I was just happy in my little niche that I was carving out for myself. I have no grand delusions of in game greatness like a lot of these racist antisocial douchbebags who run the black zone and I have very little interest in interacting with many of them at all. That has nothing to do with whether the game is PVP. It has everything to do with ZVP, I am not a psychopath so I simply don't have the ability to treat hundreds of people like peices of shit and I have no interest in supporting this gameplay style. But to each his own.
      Oh boo-hoo. My heals got nerfed and I'm not good enough to adapt. Best way to get emotionally even is to go to the New Player Forum and tell new players not to play Albion. That'll show em. What a fucking crybaby.
    • Way to ignore and redirect my reply to my situation. It doesn't require skill to level shit up, especially for psycho Zerg leaders who hide behind a Zerg in game and a sock puppet on the forums. I never said the game was shit, but I am honest about everything. State your build, you have your nose in everyone's affairs on the forums but provide zero transparency.
    • And welcome Bhagna. As someone who has played this game a lot in the last two years and also played UO from beta, well met sir. People who love a game are more apt to bitch about elements they don't enjoy. There are a lot of great people who play this game, but it is the Internet. I didn't want to leave you with a false impression of the game. You've arrived at a frustrating time for many users.
    • RockLobster schrieb:

Welcome to Albion.
      The op isn't asking if the game is good or not, he is looking for a game that feels like UO, and AO doesn't do that for sure.