Make red zones farther away from Carleon

• evildii wrote:

The gankers are already punished too hard, they should instead be rewarded for bringing at least some action and fun into the zone. It's too risky and punishing to flag now since by ganking you loose a shitload of reputation and also become an easy target for everyone instead of being feared, well unless you're in a group of 10..
    Fun for who? There is no risk for gankers. What would you use the rep for anyway living in Carleon? You want to gank go to BLACK ZONES!! In the Red zone you are a criminal you need more severe alws against you.
  • Moonshivers wrote:

evildii wrote:

The gankers are already punished too hard, they should instead be rewarded for bringing at least some action and fun into the zone. It's too risky and punishing to flag now since by ganking you loose a shitload of reputation and also become an easy target for everyone instead of being feared, well unless you're in a group of 10..
    Fun for who? There is no risk for gankers. What would you use the rep for anyway living in Carleon? You want to gank go to BLACK ZONES!! In the Red zone you are a criminal you need more severe alws against you.
    Ganking is more risky than gathering.
    And don't tell me that "I have 100000000000000000 worth of mats on me at all times" bullshit, whenever I kill a gatherer I rarely even take anything from him. I don't need your t4 shit resources.
    Even if I'd sacrifice flat 4 that's still more than what I'd get for killing a usual redzone gathering shitter with no map awareness.

Of course I could go to bzs and hunt competent players there, but I can't kill a t7 horse with dagger pair anyway. Besides, even if I could, people there tend to play better and I just don't see them on my screen for more than 3 seconds. They just mount up and GTFO as soon as they see anyone. And that on top of bloodletter+gathering set+invis potions, etc.
  • Dethcord wrote:

Moonshivers wrote:

evildii wrote:

Ganking is more risky than gathering.And don't tell me that "I have 100000000000000000 worth of mats on me at all times" bullshit, whenever I kill a gatherer I rarely even take anything from him. I don't need your t4 shit resources.
    Even if I'd sacrifice flat 4 that's still more than what I'd get for killing a usual redzone gathering shitter with no map awareness.

Of course I could go to bzs and hunt competent players there, but I can't kill a t7 horse with dagger pair anyway. Besides, even if I could, people there tend to play better and I just don't see them on my screen for more than 3 seconds. They just mount up and GTFO as soon as they see anyone. And that on top of bloodletter+gathering set+invis potions, etc.
    5v1 is not more risky than gathering sorry bout you but 1v1 is more risky try it out sometime if u have balls
  • "If all red zones are connected to Caerleon, then all the gankers and bandits will just camp consequence free!!!!!!!"

Blame the last minute map design change from Hector (Introduction of the black market), where SBI deliberately forced Caerleon to be relevant by removing public black zone cities, removing docks to the black zones in all the outlying cities, and making the black market exist solely in Caerleon instead of every city. This is not a case of gankers acting like assholes. This is a case of gankers making the best of what they do. Which is ganking on routes to Caerleon. Everything else is yellow and blue.

"Gathering is useless unless you're grouped up!"

Erm... As a T5 gatherer in everything but Hide (Almost T6 in Stone) who mostly solos in red and black zones... I have to vehemently disagree with you. I often run with an Ox in these territories, and I've only gotten killed as a gatherer once. I don't linger on the main roads. I keep an eye out on the hostile count in red zones, and I reach out to my alliance in the local zone for sightings before I go gather in a black zone. I regularly drop off resources when I know that getting knocked off will overencumber me. I keep my sound effect volume up so I can hear dashing, footsteps, and other sounds of player activity. I don't mine nodes to total completion. I look at the zone map regularly plan out all of my escape routes.

I guess you can attribute my gathering success on my previous experience with this stuff (Dark Zone in The Division, drug and gun running in GTA:O, brief mining expeditions in EVE...), but I don't want to hear you say that gathering is 'useless' as a solo player. It can very well be done, but it takes a good sense of situational awareness, and the discipline to know not to deplete everything around you (To hide your tracks), and to regularly deposit yields in war camps or in cities.

Also, just as an aside... I don't appreciate your attempts to disregard everyone's comments by saying "Well you don't gather, so you don't get it!"

Gankers get out-ganked. Groups get countered on a regular basis. You don't to be a gatherer to experience getting shit on.
    T8 Alchemist
    T7 Cook
    T7 Herbalist
  • Dethcord wrote:

Of course I could go to bzs and hunt competent players there, but I can't kill a t7 horse with dagger pair anyway. Besides, even if I could, people there tend to play better and I just don't see them on my screen for more than 3 seconds. They just mount up and GTFO as soon as they see anyone.
    you can t kill competent Players? Im Bad at pvp Too That s no shame. Just try bigger Group.
  • TheCatofTens wrote:

Classicoe wrote:

Incoming "I've never died or been ganked once while gathering non-stop for weeks on end!"
    Look at my previous post.
    You run an Ox gathering in black zones and never die?

You also say you use an Ox, but that you deposit frequently so you're never over encumbered if you get dismounted. Then why are you using an Ox?

Make a 1+ hour video of you gathering on an Ox in Mercia, otherwise you're just making bold claims on a forum.
  • Classicoe wrote:

TheCatofTens wrote:

Classicoe wrote:

Incoming "I've never died or been ganked once while gathering non-stop for weeks on end!"
    Look at my previous post.
    You run an Ox gathering in black zones and never die?
    You also say you use an Ox, but that you deposit frequently so you're never over encumbered if you get dismounted. Then why are you using an Ox?

Make a 1+ hour video of you gathering on an Ox in Mercia, otherwise you're just making bold claims on a forum.
    Why Mercia? (Rhetorical question. I know why. No point in me going there as I mostly gather stone now.)

As for why I use an Ox... I DO gather more than the 20-30% load (Did an 85-90% run during a particularly slow night). It just makes sense to never gather more when activity starts to buzz around me.

More importantly, why make a video? You (Or, at least, the OP, considering the narrative he keeps trying to spin here) would absolutely attempt to disregard it in one form or another ("You got lucky. That's not indicative of what everyone goes through!!!!!" "You must have had a slow night." "Your Allance/Guild was there doesn't count!" "You gathered in ally territory! You fucking noob!") While I don't know you, I know the general attitude in regards to solo gatherers on this thread. If I posted evidence, the goalposts would surely be shifted to invalidate my points.

Which, you seemed to ignore, since most of my post brought up methods to avoid getting ganked in the first place.

But, you do you. I'll just keep going into the BZ to get those mats.
    T8 Alchemist
    T7 Cook
    T7 Herbalist

The post was edited 2 times, last by TheCatofTens: Lots of spelling mistakes ().

• So... you think there should be zones that have the reward of a red zone but far less risk because almost any ganking will lock you out of them? How is that not being a carebear?
    I think I have an alternative solution: git gud. I've gathered for hours in red zones and I've gotten ganked like 3-4 times, in my entire playtime. I think the only time I got ganked in a black zone was when I had to go AFK. You're just terrible.
  • I mean... its really rare to get ganked in red zones... as soon as some1 flags for pvp everybody attacks him ( i think flagging should be removed tho). And also there 're extremely rare ganking groups in red zones and you can easily escape with gathering gear, armored horse and some invis pots.

I moslty solo gather in BZ and I rarely die (ussually once per day or even less), I also do a lot of solo ox runs in BZ and I'm fine (guess im lucky huh :) )

One thing most of you carebears forget is that pking is very healthy for economy. When some1 dies, part of his gear gets trashed, that means less gear/materials in circulation and higher prices of mats (or at least steady prices of materials - not dropping by a lot each week). Just imagine if there would be no deaths, no gear loss, no trashing... prices of materials would drop and it would make no sense to gather anymore, at least not for profit.
    FLEET or DEFEAT

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azzi1 ().