Dagger brothers and sisters, will you continue playing after next patch?

• Ive been using bruiser build for dagger pair and been doing very well. I use infernal shield on leather and retaliate on helm while I lead off with slit throat and by the time I have max stacks its back up and they are done. Pop boots and each defense after another and by that time they are dead. Good Times
      Myrmidons is always recruiting. Part of [ARCH] Alliance. MSG me in game to join. Achillles. (yes thats 3 L's)
    • Main Dagger here. Daggers: 99 // Bloodletter 48 // Dual Daggers 45 // Claws 32

Hell it's tough to be on this train.
      Since the beta nerf i've been thinking about leaving my daggers and start something else...
      My thing is I always had a thing for daggers, but in every MMORPG i played, i always was Archer/Mage, and this time i decided hell it's gonna be daggers.

Right now i'm using a leather build (assassin/hunter) so if i've been toying a lot with the idea of changing my build into clarent/glaive which basically uses the same compo...
      I know eventually in time things are gonna get fixed... and im waiting, and waiting... but in the meantime hell it's boring
    • erikoteh schrieb:

Main Dagger here. Daggers: 99 // Bloodletter 48 // Dual Daggers 45 // Claws 32

Since the beta nerf i've been thinking about leaving my daggers and start something else...
      My thing is I always had a thing for daggers, but in every MMORPG i played, i always was Archer/Mage, and this time i decided hell it's gonna be daggers.

Right now i'm using a leather build (assassin/hunter) so if i've been toying a lot with the idea of changing my build into clarent/glaive which basically uses the same compo...
      I know eventually in time things are gonna get fixed... and im waiting, and waiting... but in the meantime hell it's boring
      Remember, everything fills a niche, as soon as one of the major groups find a use for them everyone will start leveling them, or even better when they get buffed or rebalanced, you will be ready to destroy people, don't give up man, I do swords and I get shit all the time, because I personally enjoy the broadsword, but they don't laugh when I one shot anyone on the enemy team, do what you enjoy, don't worry about what others say, or the current state, when it comes around and they are balanced you will be ready, the same way I will be ready when I reach 100 specialty with broadsword. Cheer to ya man, keep it up.
    • Gorikon schrieb:

erikoteh schrieb:

Remember, everything fills a niche, as soon as one of the major groups find a use for them everyone will start leveling them, or even better when they get buffed or rebalanced, you will be ready to destroy people, don't give up man, I do swords and I get shit all the time, because I personally enjoy the broadsword, but they don't laugh when I one shot anyone on the enemy team, do what you enjoy, don't worry about what others say, or the current state, when it comes around and they are balanced you will be ready, the same way I will be ready when I reach 100 specialty with broadsword. Cheer to ya man, keep it up.
      Broadsword is really good what do they laugh about. The E hits REALLY hard, interrupts, and gives a defense bonus.....
      Myrmidons is always recruiting. Part of [ARCH] Alliance. MSG me in game to join. Achillles. (yes thats 3 L's)
    • But what about black hands? They are surely dominating ZvZs just like wailing bow and soulscythe right?

Jokes aside. Yeah devs hate the dagger tree in general. All daggers(except bloodletter) are complete garbage in EVERYTHING(well u can dismount with claws). Even bloodletter isn't that great and it's not even used in gvgs anymore afaik. Its pretty good solo open world weapon but that's it, everything else in dagger tree is ultra shit. Like just compare to bow tree: Warbow is best open world solo weapon, wailing bow and longbow are god tier zvz weapons. Nature holy staffs are godlike 1vs1or2or3, super godlike must have weapons in 5vs5 and ZvZ. Number of soulscythes pretty much decide if u win a zvz or not etc.

Just buff dagger pair till a 5vs5 team is not viable without a dagger pair in it(like it has been with clarent blade for a while) and buff black hands till zvz team isn't a viable without multiple black hands, make it's E a big ass aoe like wailing bow and soulcythe Es lol, maybe dagger tree for once wouldn't be the worst garbage tree in the game :D
    • The real issue with dagger user is, they spend as much time as other to level up their weapon and spec (dagger general 80 ; 45 Blood letter spec) but in the end of the story nobody wanna play with them in a team. It's not supposed to be this way.

erikoteh schrieb:

they did not change the Bloodletter since Beta.
      Don't expect to a change until a year maybe, the big Game balance patch is already live . Dev team seems to think dagger is fine atm.
    • so the only place daggers are not viable atm is in GvG or ZvZ right? (majority of melee weps are not viable in ZvZ)

Has anyone tried building a utility (usability) matrix and seeing where all weapons fall under?

Bloodletter is a must for gathering and by that accord to catch gatherers (or anyone really), so thats a very niche spot that many other weapons dont fill. its ok solo and ok in group FF (can AOE with Lunging stabs if needed).

Claws are amazing for ganking (both "on foot" and "mounted" players) and amazing for dismounting. the only other weapon that comes close for dismount is whispering bow.

Black hands are good for solo, but there isnt much solo going on (and always risky) so not many players would dare taking out a HG artifact to go solo vs cheap OW metas like warbow or Greataxe. Black hands is a hard counter to Nature (and Great Nature), but again a HG artifact vs a regular non-artifact weapon and Im not sure where that would fall...

Im not saying that all is well will daggers, but just trying to look on the bright side.
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

so the only place daggers are not viable atm is in GvG or ZvZ right? (majority of melee weps are not viable in ZvZ)

Has anyone tried building a utility (usability) matrix and seeing where all weapons fall under?

Bloodletter is a must for gathering and by that accord to catch gatherers (or anyone really), so thats a very niche spot that many other weapons dont fill. its ok solo and ok in group FF (can AOE with Lunging stabs if needed).

Claws are amazing for ganking (both "on foot" and "mounted" players) and amazing for dismounting. the only other weapon that comes close for dismount is whispering bow.

Black hands are good for solo, but there isnt much solo going on (and always risky) so not many players would dare taking out a HG artifact to go solo vs cheap OW metas like warbow or Greataxe. Black hands is a hard counter to Nature (and Great Nature), but again a HG artifact vs a regular non-artifact weapon and Im not sure where that would fall...

Im not saying that all is well will daggers, but just trying to look on the bright side.
      Catching a gatherer is one thing being able to kill them or CC them until your friend come is an other story . The only thing you can do is watch them basically there is no bright side with bloodletter in openworld except for running away and still , a warbow will end you anyway.
    • Blood letter is used in gvgs and i expect them to gain even more interest once the nerf to the grudge/glaive combo goes through they are going to be the #1 burst instant dmg dealer, Alot of gatherers run arcane now ive noticed so they pop shield and mount up, its also getting a buff too so i mean, for a artifact weapon they are pretty cheap to risk and use, its definitely alot stronger than most weapons and i would put it in the top 3 along with clarent blade e.t.c.

Highest dmg e (instant click) check, cc (sleep) check,w chasing / escaping check, Able to reduce healing check, Able to provide high dmg and use a torch/ shield check, i mean what more do you want.
    • Asaroth schrieb:

Blood letter is used in gvgs and i expect them to gain even more interest once the nerf to the grudge/glaive combo goes through they are going to be the #1 burst instant dmg dealer, Alot of gatherers run arcane now ive noticed so they pop shield and mount up, its also getting a buff too so i mean, for a artifact weapon they are pretty cheap to risk and use, its definitely alot stronger than most weapons and i would put it in the top 3 along with clarent blade e.t.c.

Highest dmg e (instant click) check, cc (sleep) check,w chasing / escaping check, Able to reduce healing check, Able to provide high dmg and use a torch/ shield check, i mean what more do you want.
      Are you trying to convince yourself that there is some hope for daggers?
    • Well im speaking more so i see a tonne of players using bloodletter and die to them quite abit, its a powerful weapon look at the instant dmg on the e .. and good luck running from one, i do think there high dmg has been over looked abit with the glaive/grudge combo but as thats nerfed tell me what can do more dmg in a tick please do?
    • everybody who can check the numbers know that kay update has a buff for sunder armor and assasin spirit
      sure its not a meta weapon but can be outplay every other weapon in the hands of a skilled player

now everybody should stop complaining and expect one shot assasin playstyle ... just learn to master the daggers the way they are in albion
      I guard my king with heart and soul!
    • WTenij schrieb:

everybody who can check the numbers know that kay update has a buff for sunder armor and assasin spirit
      sure its not a meta weapon but can be outplay every other weapon in the hands of a skilled player

now everybody should stop complaining and expect one shot assasin playstyle ... just learn to master the daggers the way they are in albion
      you mean a nerf for sunder armor and a buff for assassin spirit surely?

at least that's how I read it xD
      Bank of Albion
      Investments & Third-Party Services
      Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434
    • Saya schrieb:

WTenij schrieb:

everybody who can check the numbers know that kay update has a buff for sunder armor and assasin spirit

you mean a nerf for sunder armor and a buff for assassin spirit surely?
      at least that's how I read it xD
      in 4 seconds you can use sunder armor 3 times instead of 2 times thats a damage increase of 33%
      and with 3 stacks assasin spirit you take 50% less aditional damage now so also a buff
      shadow edge is a stun that is harder to counter then a root and you can get through a windwall so its another buff

just go to the testserver and look at the numbers or should i show you my calculations?
      I guard my king with heart and soul!
    • WTenij schrieb:

Saya schrieb:

WTenij schrieb:

you mean a nerf for sunder armor and a buff for assassin spirit surely?at least that's how I read it xD
      in 4 seconds you can use sunder armor 3 times instead of 2 times thats a damage increase of 33%and with 3 stacks assasin spirit you take 50% less aditional damage now so also a buff
      shadow edge is a stun that is harder to counter then a root and you can get through a windwall so its another buff

just go to the testserver and look at the numbers or should i show you my calculations?
      pretty sure you just made up a bunch of numbers here.

Really dependinb on what kind of armor you ran this is a buff or a nerf for AS, where cloth comes out on top, and plate on the bottom.

Also, you lose 30% of the armor reduction, which against a cloth user was really a 46% nerf in equal item power. As a result, depending on how you want to look at things - either change was either a buff or a nerf.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von angrad ()