Dagger brothers and sisters, will you continue playing after next patch?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Dual Daggers just need a better mana consumption to be effective.
      Dash costs too much mana to give enough mobility to daggers to do their job.

AS is definitly not worth for dual daggers cause the buff is only on normal attacks and you cant overstack it, if you could keep at 3 stacks it might have been ok even with the armor debuff. (still have to make some tests)

E cast time is ok cause you can cancel it.
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

TheBadOne schrieb:

And die instantly because you have nothing to survive to a focus from the ennemy team
      isnt that how glass cannon DPS builds work historically in ALL MMOs?
      It's not that simple.
      Take every Glass Canon DPS they all have a defensive mechanic to not instant die . Stealth/Dodge/Etc... so, yes they take a lot of damage very easily but they do a lot of damage real quick it's a In/out action mechanic until your CD are up again.
      Here with single dagger it's, in , stay 3 or 4 seconds to put your dps (it's way too long ) and you have nothing to save your ass if you play with attack speed skill on the chest instead of infernal shield or something like that. Playing single dagger pvp is like playing a suicide terrorist, you go in, do as much damage as you can and die . It's nor a viable option , especially in a game where you loose your gear when you die in pvp.
    • TheBadOne schrieb:

It's not that simple.
      Take every Glass Canon DPS they all have a defensive mechanic to not instant die . Stealth/Dodge/Etc... so, yes they take a lot of damage very easily but they do a lot of damage real quick it's a In/out action mechanic until your CD are up again.
      I know its not that simple. I didnt actually take your comment about "instantly dying" seriously. Wanted to see how you'd explain the concept of a "glass cannon". For some reason the fault in your logic is that a dagger (1h or not, but lets keep on the 1h as that is the subject) does not have any defensives...

TheBadOne schrieb:

Here with single dagger it's, in , stay 3 or 4 seconds to put your dps (it's way too long ) and you have nothing to save your ass if you play with attack speed skill on the chest instead of infernal shield or something like that.
      So, maybe play with a defensive skill? In a non 1v1 situation you will have a healer or other support help you out and back you up. In a 1v1 - you can use a defensive skill, but to be honest not many things will be alive after E + R on 1h dagger assuming you got attack speed on your chest. You could always have reflect DMG on your head piece - and with short CD on dash - you can always dash out.

I've bursted down holy priests in 1v1 before, because they started off with casting offensive spell "Smite", and by the time they realized they needed "heals" at 1/2 HP and less (around 3-4 sec into the fight), they start healing and die, as by that time I have 2-3 stacks of Sunder Armor and DMG is going full swing...

TheBadOne schrieb:

Playing single dagger pvp is like playing a suicide terrorist, you go in, do as much damage as you can and die . It's nor a viable option , especially in a game where you loose your gear when you die in pvp.
      Yes, except for the "die" part. If you know what you're doing in a 1v1 situation - you should not die. In a team situation - your team should know your vulnerabilities, and be there to save/help you once you blow all of your CD. Arcane shield, healer shield, etc...

Just like any other Glass Cannon in any other MMO ;)
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Captainrussia ()

• Captainrussia schrieb:

TheBadOne schrieb:

It's not that simple.
      I know its not that simple. I didnt actually take your comment about "instantly dying" seriously. Wanted to see how you'd explain the concept of a "glass cannon". For some reason the fault in your logic is that a dagger (1h or not, but lets keep on the 1h as that is the subject) does not have any defensives...

TheBadOne schrieb:

Here with single dagger it's, in , stay 3 or 4 seconds to put your dps (it's way too long ) and you have nothing to save your ass if you play with attack speed skill on the chest instead of infernal shield or something like that.
      So, maybe play with a defensive skill? In a non 1v1 situation you will have a healer or other support help you out and back you up. In a 1v1 - you can use a defensive skill, but to be honest not many things will be alive after E + R on 1h dagger assuming you got attack speed on your chest. You could always have reflect DMG on your head piece - and with short CD on dash - you can always dash out.

TheBadOne schrieb:

Playing single dagger pvp is like playing a suicide terrorist, you go in, do as much damage as you can and die . It's nor a viable option , especially in a game where you loose your gear when you die in pvp.
      Yes, except for the "die" part. If you know what you're doing in a 1v1 situation - you should not die. In a team situation - your team should know your vulnerabilities, and be there to save/help you once you blow all of your CD. Arcane shield, healer shield, etc...
      Just like any other Glass Cannon in any other MMO ;
      If it's that simple, we should see at least few one hands dagger pvp video by now . In a team situation i never saw any 1h dagger being really efficient, not because players were bad but because it's not made for that. 1H dagger is made for PvE Only unfortunately or 1v1 in caerleon (but it's not my thing to be honnest)

The Only viable Glasscanon according to me with the new update will be the dagger pair. 3Stack Assassin spirit in the back of the fight, you get focus, Assassin spirit one more time to confuse ennemies.
      You have a nice target to kill ? use the dagger pair E with 3 Stack, and use your assassin chest to hide yourself and go back in a safe spot.

In/out Mechanic,High burst, Defensive mechanic but still very squishy , it's a viable glass canon. according to me it will be even more viable than blood letter who require a 40% heath target.
    • TheBadOne schrieb:

If it's that simple, we should see at least few one hands dagger pvp video by now . In a team situation i never saw any 1h dagger being really efficient, not because players were bad but because it's not made for that. 1H dagger is made for PvE Only unfortunately or 1v1 in caerleon (but it's not my thing to be honnest)
      The Only viable Glasscanon according to me with the new update will be the dagger pair. 3Stack Assassin spirit in the back of the fight, you get focus, Assassin spirit one more time to confuse ennemies.
      You have a nice target to kill ? use the dagger pair E with 3 Stack, and use your assassin chest to hide yourself and go back in a safe spot.

In/out Mechanic,High burst, Defensive mechanic but still very squishy , it's a viable glass canon. according to me it will be even more viable than blood letter who require a 40% heath target.
      Glass cannon that can only hit enemy once not getting him even to 50% hp unless he's wearing cloth.
      Nice glass cannon you got there.
    • Taftaf schrieb:

AS 4th stack would become interesting if stacks weren't consumed with E, that's a good idea. Because atm there is no use of the 2 sec stealth coming with the 4th stack, except to reset mobs aggro even when you don't want to

enfeebel aura NOW show invi ppl ALSO all dmg delete invi so its not that easy to run with that 2 sec ...

so why in ZvZ all tanks must be infront ?
      maybe 1 with enefeeble aura should stay and protect backline from daggers ?????
    • Or completely detach E from Q stacks and come up with E stacks. They would be the same as Q stacks only E can only ever +1 while E < 3 stacks and have a different duration from Q stacks.

For example press Q 3 times and you get 3Q stacks and 3E stacks. Press Q again and you go invis or reapply armor shred while E remains at 3 stacks at full duration again. That way they can tweak what ever they want with Q and not screw up E.
    • after 2 days of dual daggers :
      Dual Daggers just need a better mana consumption to be effective.

Dash costs too much mana to give enough mobility to daggers to do their job.

AS is definitly not worth for dual daggers cause the buff is only on

normal attacks and you cant overstack it, if you could keep at 3 stacks
      it might have been ok even with the armor debuff. (still have to make
      some tests)

E cast time is ok cause you can cancel it.

ok so 1 week after testing :
      Dual daggers should be rework as well to work in a 5v5.
      Sunder armor : 0->2 stacks max instead of 3 (could also work for AS). Don't scale the armor debuff keep it like that.
      Don't increase that much mana cost on higher tier for dashing.
      Slit throat : 0 to 2 stacks instead of 3, keep the 75%-25% style or around. tier8 dmg : 400 - 800 - 1500ish.
    • TheBadOne schrieb:

OceanSpirit schrieb:

As of now, I use my dagger character simply as a pure DPS that can burn through bosses easily

Using Dagger + Torch + Hunter Jacket
      With Poison and Assassin spirit you can have some pretty amazing damage.
      And die instantly because you have nothing to survive to a focus from the ennemy team
      I believe you are mistaken, so I quoted your quote and your statement, Re-read what he said first off, and then re frame your statement, in case you don't do that I will do it for you.

"As of now, I use my dagger character simply as a pure DPS that can burn through bosses easily" referring to pve so your statement has nothing to do with what he was referring to, take your time and read before responding. Everything is viable if you are smart enough to adapt and build it instead of complaining about it, you don't get to be a jack of all trades, that is why there are like 80 different weapons, so everyone can fill a niche some better then others but none the less, everything fills a certain gap.

For instance, if you run two claws in pvp, 1 bloodletter or double bladed staff, and a regular 1h dagger with a orb which negates your mana problem. You can catch someone and insta kill them practically with haste before the roots end unless they break it. either way, there are niche spots for everything instead of complaining how about you go and work on your build.
    • You need to itemize your daggers build right. You can hit and run, forcing a person to use up all reflects/shields and then come back, you can boost your attack speed (1H dagger) or cdr (dagger pair) to get effect to its maximum. If you use armors that are more suited for brawler/glass cannon builds and equip daggers with that, you lose. Especially in duels.

Yes, i will continue playing daggers.
      Pro tip: shadow's edge + cloth head knockback = profit for your companions