A modest proposal to fix red zones.

  • Moonshivers wrote:

    Finalhecate wrote:

    UnGarsQuiBricole wrote:

    Moonshivers wrote:

    Your solution is 'forget it about that part of the game' where we say fix it to make it viable. As long as I am overloaded and have no mobility without a mount nearby the combat can't be fair.
    If you're alone and/or need to flee or fight when encountering PK, you should never ever be overloaded. Being overloaded is asking for death. It's like the basics of basics of Gatherer101.
    blue yellow overload, red black at 100% or 99% only [from armor horse] [basically walking free weight]the problem is these people don't like the multiple travel even though it is the way of the game ^,^
    Please read carefully before writing idiotic response. Overloaded WITHOUT the horse.
    Take your own advice ^,^
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
    Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
    Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
    Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
    Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
    HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
  • Drazhen wrote:

    Moonshivers wrote:

    So you go out run 2 or 3 zone on a horse then dismount enter the red zone and take a stack or 2 of resources and run back? Then it's not viable, so same thing lol!! You never gatherer obviously and yet felt it was important to voice your opinion on the matter... Thanks but it's worthless
    Moonshivers please, some people are trying to help you with good advices, you just need to accept that you don't know much about the game yet and this is why you're dying so often.
    Gathering in RZ is very easy, I'll recap here:
    - ride armored horses,
    - never get overloaded,
    - use a weapon with mobility skills (bloodletter, double-bladed staff, maybe greathammer),
    - always keep an eye on the hostile counter,
    - stay close to your mount when gathering and aim it with your mouse so you can re-mount asap,
    - use wanderlust on your boots,
    - use ambush on your chest,
    And you're good to go.

    I'm sure you can understand the game has a learning curve, once you get there, the risk of dying when gathering in RZ is very very low.
    Also, live in Caerleon if you want to gather in RZ so you don't have to "run 2 or 3 zones".
    You think this is news to me? So if I foollow your advice :
    I got to leave my guild and the people I like and move my Island to relocate to Carleon.
    I got to stop using the weapon/armor I like and start using PvP weapons/armors I don't like 'because'
    I got to use the only working cookie cutter build with those specific 'spells'
    I got to make sure not to get overload on foot.
    'always keep an eye on the hostile counter' and when the counter is 0 and it suddenly ticks to 5 and I'm suddenly surrounded by hostile what do I do again?

    And you don't see any problem here?
    I don't even see any mention of Reputation here... What is that for again?
    Oh right I need more education because it's got that huge learning curve? But yet does it if there is only 1 way to go how big a learning does one need?

    It all seems to boil down to you guys saying "I got no issues therefore there are no issues for anyone". And that is a basic fallacy.
  • blappo wrote:

    Drazhen wrote:

    Moonshivers wrote:

    So you go out run 2 or 3 zone on a horse then dismount enter the red zone and take a stack or 2 of resources and run back? Then it's not viable, so same thing lol!! You never gatherer obviously and yet felt it was important to voice your opinion on the matter... Thanks but it's worthless
    Moonshivers please, some people are trying to help you with good advices, you just need to accept that you don't know much about the game yet and this is why you're dying so often.Gathering in RZ is very easy, I'll recap here:
    - ride armored horses,
    - never get overloaded,
    - use a weapon with mobility skills (bloodletter, double-bladed staff, maybe greathammer),
    - always keep an eye on the hostile counter,
    - stay close to your mount when gathering and aim it with your mouse so you can re-mount asap,
    - use wanderlust on your boots,
    - use ambush on your chest,
    And you're good to go.

    I'm sure you can understand the game has a learning curve, once you get there, the risk of dying when gathering in RZ is very very low.
    Also, live in Caerleon if you want to gather in RZ so you don't have to "run 2 or 3 zones".
    I disagree I make money faster using T3 horse, T4 armor flat no cape no bag no pots, and T5 tools go to red zone fill to 20% horse weight and return to Caerleon repeat again and again.
    when you die every 10th time This 10 number comes from @Korn referencing his hunt mechanics for PVP 10% of the time PVP should get the kill.

    so every tenth time i dont care that i died because the money i earn in 1 trip pays for my new gear because its so cheap
    Why do you feel the need to go to red zones if you only use T5 tools ? T6 gathering takes forever with those ...

    Get a gathering set, an Ox and stay in yellow ...
  • UnGarsQuiBricole wrote:

    blappo wrote:

    Drazhen wrote:

    Moonshivers wrote:

    So you go out run 2 or 3 zone on a horse then dismount enter the red zone and take a stack or 2 of resources and run back? Then it's not viable, so same thing lol!! You never gatherer obviously and yet felt it was important to voice your opinion on the matter... Thanks but it's worthless
    Moonshivers please, some people are trying to help you with good advices, you just need to accept that you don't know much about the game yet and this is why you're dying so often.Gathering in RZ is very easy, I'll recap here:- ride armored horses,
    - never get overloaded,
    - use a weapon with mobility skills (bloodletter, double-bladed staff, maybe greathammer),
    - always keep an eye on the hostile counter,
    - stay close to your mount when gathering and aim it with your mouse so you can re-mount asap,
    - use wanderlust on your boots,
    - use ambush on your chest,
    And you're good to go.

    I'm sure you can understand the game has a learning curve, once you get there, the risk of dying when gathering in RZ is very very low.
    Also, live in Caerleon if you want to gather in RZ so you don't have to "run 2 or 3 zones".
    I disagree I make money faster using T3 horse, T4 armor flat no cape no bag no pots, and T5 tools go to red zone fill to 20% horse weight and return to Caerleon repeat again and again.when you die every 10th time This 10 number comes from @Korn referencing his hunt mechanics for PVP 10% of the time PVP should get the kill.

    so every tenth time i dont care that i died because the money i earn in 1 trip pays for my new gear because its so cheap
    Why do you feel the need to go to red zones if you only use T5 tools ? T6 gathering takes forever with those ...
    Get a gathering set, an Ox and stay in yellow ...
    because its easy to find Full T5 in red and they are the most lucrative speed wise about 200 per while T6 is 300 per and T4 is 20 per
  • blappo wrote:

    UnGarsQuiBricole wrote:

    blappo wrote:

    Drazhen wrote:

    Moonshivers wrote:

    So you go out run 2 or 3 zone on a horse then dismount enter the red zone and take a stack or 2 of resources and run back? Then it's not viable, so same thing lol!! You never gatherer obviously and yet felt it was important to voice your opinion on the matter... Thanks but it's worthless
    Moonshivers please, some people are trying to help you with good advices, you just need to accept that you don't know much about the game yet and this is why you're dying so often.Gathering in RZ is very easy, I'll recap here:- ride armored horses,- never get overloaded,
    - use a weapon with mobility skills (bloodletter, double-bladed staff, maybe greathammer),
    - always keep an eye on the hostile counter,
    - stay close to your mount when gathering and aim it with your mouse so you can re-mount asap,
    - use wanderlust on your boots,
    - use ambush on your chest,
    And you're good to go.

    I'm sure you can understand the game has a learning curve, once you get there, the risk of dying when gathering in RZ is very very low.
    Also, live in Caerleon if you want to gather in RZ so you don't have to "run 2 or 3 zones".
    I disagree I make money faster using T3 horse, T4 armor flat no cape no bag no pots, and T5 tools go to red zone fill to 20% horse weight and return to Caerleon repeat again and again.when you die every 10th time This 10 number comes from @Korn referencing his hunt mechanics for PVP 10% of the time PVP should get the kill.
    so every tenth time i dont care that i died because the money i earn in 1 trip pays for my new gear because its so cheap
    Why do you feel the need to go to red zones if you only use T5 tools ? T6 gathering takes forever with those ...Get a gathering set, an Ox and stay in yellow ...
    because its easy to find Full T5 in red and they are the most lucrative speed wise about 200 per while T6 is 300 per and T4 is 20 per
    Of course ! I totally ignore flat T5 in red zones. I should have thought about that ;)
  • Moonshivers wrote:

    You think this is news to me? So if I foollow your advice :I got to leave my guild and the people I like and move my Island to relocate to Carleon.
    I got to stop using the weapon/armor I like and start using PvP weapons/armors I don't like 'because'
    I got to use the only working cookie cutter build with those specific 'spells'
    I got to make sure not to get overload on foot.
    'always keep an eye on the hostile counter' and when the counter is 0 and it suddenly ticks to 5 and I'm suddenly surrounded by hostile what do I do again?

    And you don't see any problem here?
    I don't even see any mention of Reputation here... What is that for again?
    Oh right I need more education because it's got that huge learning curve? But yet does it if there is only 1 way to go how big a learning does one need?

    It all seems to boil down to you guys saying "I got no issues therefore there are no issues for anyone". And that is a basic fallacy.


    I agree that more build options would be nice, who would not? but even then, you may want to adapt to the environment. RZ means pvp can happen, it doesn't sound so unfair to me that you may need to use a pvp-oriented build there.
    If you refuse to adapt and use whatever you like the best, that's ok, I respect that but then you can't blame the game for having optimal setups that will be better than yours, at doing one specific thing.
    Because no matter how well balanced the game is, you can't really expect to have everything 100% equal, and if it was - it would become a bit sad isn't it?
    And there's not just one way to go, as you get more game experience, you'll find out what you can and can't do, I'm just sharing one that is very solid, safe and accessible.

    Also, I agree that blue towns need some love and I'm sure it will come in the near future.
    Now, It sucks that you and your guild did not study the map and gather more game knownledge before setting up there (again, many guilds moved to Caerleon after starting in a blue town right? adaptation or patience).

    About the gankers, let's keep it honest for a minute, they usually don't appear on the map from anywhere, if a group of 5 just showed on the hostile counter, you can predict their pattern most of the time. As long as you know the zone you're gathering in and play smart, there's no way you can be surrounded so often.
    Safest escape routes, most dangerous areas inside the zone, timezones influence, fishy scouting... lots of stuff are very valuable but only come with time, and to me, that's great.

    And reputation does the job, probably needs a few tweaks, and maybe not in a way you'd like - but it does limit the amount of ganking in RZ, try it yourself on the other side, the more perspectives you will experiment, the better you will understand the flow.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Drazhen ().

  • Ulfnaor wrote:

    ITT: lots of carebears whining that things should actually be easier.


    Targun wrote:

    Just go to BZ and stop whining...
    Hi, I already mostly live in BZ. I'm happy to see a 32k PvP fame guy giving his input on PvP, though.
    I'm happy to see a guy who 'mostly lives in BZ' giving his input about RZ?

    And as usual this input is 'Make RZ be more like BZ'.

    Just stay in fuckin BZ... it's that simple!


    If it was up to me there would be a new type of zone - one with flagging required to pvp but no reputation system at all. And it would be big - at least one new continent.
    But it will never be done because the 'hardcore pvpers' are totally fixated on their 'make RZ just like BZ' and cannot see any other options.
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/
  • Drazhen wrote:

    Moonshivers wrote:

    You think this is news to me? So if I foollow your advice :I got to leave my guild and the people I like and move my Island to relocate to Carleon.
    I got to stop using the weapon/armor I like and start using PvP weapons/armors I don't like 'because'
    I got to use the only working cookie cutter build with those specific 'spells'
    I got to make sure not to get overload on foot.
    'always keep an eye on the hostile counter' and when the counter is 0 and it suddenly ticks to 5 and I'm suddenly surrounded by hostile what do I do again?

    And you don't see any problem here?
    I don't even see any mention of Reputation here... What is that for again?
    Oh right I need more education because it's got that huge learning curve? But yet does it if there is only 1 way to go how big a learning does one need?

    It all seems to boil down to you guys saying "I got no issues therefore there are no issues for anyone". And that is a basic fallacy.
    I agree that more build options would be nice, who would not? but even then, you may want to adapt to the environment. RZ means pvp can happen, it doesn't sound so unfair to me that you may need to use a pvp-oriented build there.
    If you refuse to adapt and use whatever you like the best, that's ok, I respect that but then you can't blame the game for having optimal setups that will be better than yours, at doing one specific thing.
    Because no matter how well balanced the game is, you can't really expect to have everything 100% equal, and if it was - it would become a bit sad isn't it?
    And there's not just one way to go, as you get more game experience, you'll find out what you can and can't do, I'm just sharing one that is very solid, safe and accessible.

    Also, I agree that blue towns need some love and I'm sure it will come in the near future.
    Now, It sucks that you and your guild did not study the map and gather more game knownledge before setting up there (again, many guilds moved to Caerleon after starting in a blue town right? adaptation or patience).

    About the gankers, let's keep it honest for a minute, they usually don't appear on the map from anywhere, if a group of 5 just showed on the hostile counter, you can predict their pattern most of the time. As long as you know the zone you're gathering in and play smart, there's no way you can be surrounded so often.
    Safest escape routes, most dangerous areas inside the zone, timezones influence, fishy scouting... lots of stuff are very valuable but only come with time, and to me, that's great.

    And reputation does the job, probably needs a few tweaks, and maybe not in a way you'd like - but it does limit the amount of ganking in RZ, try it yourself on the other side, the more perspectives you will experiment, the better you will understand the flow.
    It seems to me that if reputation did such a good job we would not be here talking about it would we? Also even though you are polite you are very condescending (like you know more then I do or something) example-> " It sucks that you and your guild did not study the map and gather more game knownledge before setting up there " And so you do agree that all the blue cities are useless now so there are 2 choices either abandon them or making suggestion for SBI to improve their maps/game in the suggestion tread... Guess which one I chose
  • Targun wrote:

    Ulfnaor wrote:

    ITT: lots of carebears whining that things should actually be easier.


    Targun wrote:

    Just go to BZ and stop whining...
    Hi, I already mostly live in BZ. I'm happy to see a 32k PvP fame guy giving his input on PvP, though.
    I'm happy to see a guy who 'mostly lives in BZ' giving his input about RZ?
    And as usual this input is 'Make RZ be more like BZ'.

    Just stay in fuckin BZ... it's that simple!


    If it was up to me there would be a new type of zone - one with flagging required to pvp but no reputation system at all. And it would be big - at least one new continent.
    But it will never be done because the 'hardcore pvpers' are totally fixated on their 'make RZ just like BZ' and cannot see any other options.
    Because the game is supposed to be an open world PvP sandbox, not an arena. Also, such a place would be pointless, as BZ is already more open. You're essentially demanding YET ANOTHER zone where you can go around risk-free, as if half the map isn't enough.

    Also, because RZ are supposed to be dangerous. As usual, though, carebears who never leave their precious zones and have zero experience PvP feel like they need to chime in with how PvP should be. I'm also not asking RZ to be like BZ in any way, shape or form but I understand that anything that makes this game remotely more dangerous is the greatest sin to you.

    Any rational discussion on the verifiable fact that PvP is almost dead in red zones - who are supposed to be dangerous areas - is drowned with tears of "but muh t6 ox, i got ganked 3 days ago".
  • Drazhen wrote:

    you may want to adapt to the environment.


    RZ means pvp can happen


    , as you get more game experience, you'll find out what you can and can't do, .


    Now, It sucks that you did not study the map and gather more game knownledge before setting up


    About the gankers, let's keep it honest for a minute, they usually don't appear on the map from anywhere, if a group of 5 just showed on the hostile counter, you can predict their pattern most of the time.


    As long as you know the zone you're gathering in and play smart, there's no way you can be surrounded so often.


    lots of stuff are very valuable but only come with time,
    Things I like..

    I never bother explaining thing in forum because you will be aware that player will not adapt to certain things, they put effort into many post deviating from anything you may say, you say one thing they will say another thing, you say something that has probably been accurate, they will say something to counter it... instead it's great to leave them be in forum enjoying the chat while sbi ignores it...

    Here things that helps your post..

    imgur.com/a/hH2Qo

    imgur.com/a/uviss

    imgur.com/a/K8UgV

    These are when I was t5, they are posted in many thread while while back..

    what you will see in many of those picture are,

    Paranoia= safety....

    Someone passes by, don't trust it, that could be a scout, picture number 1 shows that one person stopping next to me for a second ,, yep I mounted before he call his skull budy [the pk], a person can be glory or any good reputation, nice to you and whatever, but when you see behind the mask you will notice exactly what they doing...

    3 people passes by not even stopping, they are skull in rep and I find it weary that they didn't came in the direction from the dungeon, picture number 3, 2nd and 3rd will show you exactly what these player are doing, is call scout in sheep clothing [non pk] than flag up..

    even picture number 1 has potential scout saying " hey he is coming in" I go to the other side, boom get shot by an arrow, hmm.. 180 and run.

    picture number 2 bottom shows you exactly what the hostile counter did for me, [sadly I block it to block the area where I used to farm back than], it showed hostile and I ran as soon as I saw it, as you see there is a rhino I was attacking and while fleeing you can see me look back at that rhino with sadness XD..

    picture number 2 has people, some that I would guide to a zerg and some that I saw getting killed..

    Time skip forward

    i.imgur.com/7vuLquM.jpg

    i.imgur.com/OTPW2q9.jpg

    i.imgur.com/HlsvFKl.jpg

    still haven't died on those, I died long ago do to my stupidity , one over weight stag, 2, well I was just on a horse looking for ganker to see how thing are normally, 3 I went the route of mobs and they dismount me, so the pk caught up and killed me...

    other wise I used those ox for lols and none death on those ox.....

    As hard as you might try , the opposite will find a way to counter post...

    ps, Im a reason of either adapting or leaving, I adapt my own way by keeping to the yellow zone, I did go today to red zone and farm a phew, might return again, but I adapt and faced facts [I can go blood letter but didn't, and I use to use bow, but left it]

    good post bro good post ^,^
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
    Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
    Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
    Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
    Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
    HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
  • Moonshivers wrote:

    It seems to me that if reputation did such a good job we would not be here talking about it would we? Also even though you are polite you are very condescending (like you know more then I do or something) example-> " It sucks that you and your guild did not study the map and gather more game knownledge before setting up there " And so you do agree that all the blue cities are useless now so there are 2 choices either abandon them or making suggestion for SBI to improve their maps/game in the suggestion tread... Guess which one I chose
    But this is not really a hot topic, if anything, I'd bet there are more threads about RZ beeing chillmode than ones with people complaining about ganks.
    This is why you'll get harsh answers, experimented players know that RZs are safe (at least for now, world is always changing).

    And you're right, the tone was a bit condescending, I'm sorry for it - still, in this case, it's respectful to assume I know more than you if you look at it with an open-mind.

    Also, while I agree that blue cities have very little value, I don't think suggesting ideas means you can't adapt for the meantime, and guess what I did :)
  • Ulfnaor wrote:

    Targun wrote:

    Ulfnaor wrote:

    ITT: lots of carebears whining that things should actually be easier.


    Targun wrote:

    Just go to BZ and stop whining...
    Hi, I already mostly live in BZ. I'm happy to see a 32k PvP fame guy giving his input on PvP, though.
    I'm happy to see a guy who 'mostly lives in BZ' giving his input about RZ?And as usual this input is 'Make RZ be more like BZ'.

    Just stay in fuckin BZ... it's that simple!


    If it was up to me there would be a new type of zone - one with flagging required to pvp but no reputation system at all. And it would be big - at least one new continent.
    But it will never be done because the 'hardcore pvpers' are totally fixated on their 'make RZ just like BZ' and cannot see any other options.
    Because the game is supposed to be an open world PvP sandbox, not an arena. Also, such a place would be pointless, as BZ is already more open. You're essentially demanding YET ANOTHER zone where you can go around risk-free, as if half the map isn't enough.
    Please explain how a zone, where there is no reputation loss, no reputation defense buff, and you can pk freely as long as you're flagged is 'risk free'.
    Seriously I really wanna understand your thought process.
    'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
    X/