ZvZ Settings, 1 necessary change.

• ZvZ Settings, 1 necessary change.

Greetings,

TL;DR: Optimize your game better ffs.

As we all know ZvZ is a total shit show of FPS catastrophe and disconnects. The Mass PVP(ZvZ) is one of Albions big selling points, however since they chose to go with an "improved" graphics system, the ZvZ is now a horrendous shit show lag fest that it didn't used to be back in testing days.

1 obvious way to help(not a SOLUTION, but HELP) this would be to have the option to only turn off ALLY Area of Effect spells. Right now you can only select "Show All" "Show self" or "Show None". By adding a "Show Enemy Only" you cut out HALF of the cluster fuck of aoe shit show animations that is ZvZ. Obviously this won't SOLVE the issue of fps lagg as their will still be tons of pixels flying all over, BUT cutting out HALF of the AoE effects on your screen would definitely HELP.

In ZvZ right now when a group engages you can't even tell what AoE is what or where it is because so many peoples screen freeze/lag severely. I don't need to see my ally's windwalls, tornados or curse staff effects on the ground, what you NEED to be able to see is what the ENEMY is doing so that you can at least REACT to what the hell is happening.

Additional: You need to re-evaluate your "Low setting" options. Going from "High" to "Low" is almost an unnoticeable change except for maybe some slight brightness/lighting. For example, if say there was a ZvZ in mudpool steppe, on low settings you can still see every detail of every bit of terrain/ground. I don't need to see how many specs are in the dirt, or how many edge faces a boulder has. Let it be blurry. Make a REALLY low setting that makes that shit pixelated as fuck and take no graphic power to process at all. How pretty the terrain looks doesn't matter when you can't see 4 soul scythes throwing tornados at you cause your fps is tanked.
    PVP/Info Video's: Youtube

Occasionally Live: Twitch
  • Good for you but for me ZvZs lag like hell.

I've put everything off ingame and still I am going down to 0 fps , I still get DCed from time to time mid battle and I still have the "bug" where you are moving in a direction for a second and after another second you are back to your starting position.

In the same time there are players without any problems so lets say OK my pc aint the best machine out there and still why when I turn EVERYTHING OFF I still cant play ?
  • ZvZs are supposedly CPU intensive, my GPU is a Nvidia Gtx 1080, however, my CPU is an i7 2600k, 9 years old and a bottleneck apparently.

I get a stuttering 0-10 FPS during engagements with 50+ vs 50+ while other players in the fight are still playing with 20-40 FPS.

Just ordered an i7 7700k so well see if the CPU makes the difference.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kip ().

• Kip wrote:

ZvZs are supposedly CPU intensive, my GPU is a Nvidia Gtx 1080, however, my CPU is an i7 2600k, 9 years old and a bottleneck apparently.

I get a stuttering 0-10 FPS during engagements with 50+ vs 50+ while other players in the fight are still playing with 20-40 FPS.

Just ordered an i7 7700k so well see if the CPU makes the difference.
    Won't help much wo some tinkering game settings side. Have a 4790K WC OC @4.8 still get frame drops, best solution ive found is turn off everything biggest boost being damage numbers and spell animations to self or none maintaining only enemy dmg indicators and ally heal but its a half gimped situation since you wont see a heron spear or soulscythe flying at you.