Remove guild/alliance affiliation from HGs and Arenas

• I think there's way too many safety measures around guild/alliance friendly fire as is. In Ultima, you could freely attack guildies.

Now I'm not going to say that's how it should be here, but something like that does force guilds to only be made up of people that all know and trust one another.

At the very least, please remove this hellgate restriction. It's absolutely silly. At best, a teammate drops their guild and has to deal with possible drama getting added back in. At worst, it creates unbalanced fights (and this happens all the time).

Nobody gives a shit if they have to fight a guildie occasionally in hellgates. Some friendly competition won't break the game. If the loot is that big a deal, I'm sure someone's group would let them loot the guy and they could give it back to them after.
  • Korn wrote:

Just to confirm, guild / alliance affiliations do not count inside of the arena.

Inside of hell gates, they do, but there are also many good arguments on why they actually should.

I also would love to know what are those "good arguments".

As far as i can see, theres way more cons than pro to having alliance/guild prevent battle in hg.
  • The answer is that you can farm hellgates without fighting within your alliance. If there is a pub group with only 1-2 members of your alliance things get tricky. To make simply all groups hostile to eachother within an alliance wont cut it because it will cause alot of grief. Players tend to fight first and think after in this game. This reminds me of another thing. "Castles" Why you cant enter the doors of a alliance taken castle? You have to demolish 1-2 doors to enter it and profit from better positioning in the inside while taking protective doors away. You cant just go througth the doors itself. Spoken of obvious oversights. For some problems in this game there are obvious solutions at first but may create other problems you are just not thinking about. For others its just not important enough to be a relevant fix to this game even its one of the "endgame content" according to castles.
  • Finale wrote:

The answer is that you can farm hellgates without fighting within your alliance. If there is a pub group with only 1-2 members of your alliance things get tricky. To make simply all groups hostile to eachother within an alliance wont cut it because it will cause alot of grief. Players tend to fight first and think after in this game.
    You think that the devs intended for hellgates to be just another pvpfree enviroment where a group of 10 can steamroll content with good loot and fame? if so either im playing the wrong game as it was advertised as a pvp game or the devs have it all wrong.

@Korn said there are many reasons for the system to be the way it is. Im still waiting for him to finish typing the list of reasons to enlighten us
  • Valkie wrote:

Zerosum wrote:

Stop joining zerg guilds and alliances, problem solved. ;)
    Speaks the guy from NERF who are the new ARCH

k.

I've never had to Gdrop in a hell gate. The only time I had to was when I was in Hate & that's the reason I support this idea, because it's got no upsides- there's no reason for Alliances & Guilds to not be attackable, you choose to Hell Gate you choose to risk your gear, if you don't want to fight don't enter the Hell Gate..

The post was edited 2 times, last by Digit ().

• kronsky_ wrote:

Valkyrior wrote:

kronsky_ wrote:

Why korn need to explain the concept of ALLIANCE?

I mean, thought the word itself explain a lot.
    someone needs to explain you the concept of PVP in a so called pvp game
    Teach me.
    Maybe my point of view is wrong (not being part of an alliance that have 50% of the active playerbase).
    When people choose to do a fair 5v5 pvp activity in the game such as Hellgates they do so knowing that they face the danger of losing their loot ( red/black hgs ) or some of their durability ( yellow hellagates ). The fact that we dont have the option to pvp if we are part of any major alliance ( which i remind you is another advertised part of the game ) in a hellgate even if we want to face our allies is poor design. Give me the option to kill my ally if i want to and choose to and let me deal with the consequences in game. Give me the choice to do what i want in a sandbox game !