Remove guild/alliance affiliation from HGs and Arenas

  • Korn wrote:

    Just to confirm, guild / alliance affiliations do not count inside of the arena.

    Inside of hell gates, they do, but there are also many good arguments on why they actually should.
    Korn can you please elaborate why they should count inside HGs or what is the design reasoning behind this mechanic?

    It is much easier if i see a group from my alliance or guild to decide if i want to engage them or not. Maybe i want to engage them anyway for the pvp and fun and then i can choose if i want to return the loot or not. Restricting us so much is not in a spirit of a sandbox game let us make our own decisions.

    Hellgates could be much more fun and much more engaging if this barrier is dispelled.

    Today as an example in a PUG our healer was not attackable by the enemies and we got an unfair advantage
    The fight before i had to gquit to be able to engage my alliance
    The next fight their tank was not attackable by our dps which wasnt a big issue but still
    The next as an alliance group this time we bumped into another alliance group ( and we are not even in a big alliance ) and groupped up merily and killed the boss as 10.... not fun and def not the way the devs intended to

    4 out of 4 hellgates we faced an issue and then in the end the healer got threatened by his gm he would kick him.... please save us the needless drama and make it clear that if you step in a hellgate you should expect a fair 5v5 fight... not a 4v5 not a 10vpve not a 3v4 or whatever!

    And i urge you to pls check my play session this morning if you can so you can verify my allegations....in game name is Mparmpas
  • Gromarch wrote:

    the situations that @Valkyrior just described can't possibly be intended..?
    You state that there are also many good arguments on why guild / alliance affiliations actually should count in HG's.
    In Beta people abused that factor to insure there was no one else in the hellgate, thus flooding it to ensure they get all the item drops.
    2 Teams enter one team leaves free willingly (timer back then was way shorter). It only rarely happened that alliances fight in the HG's.
  • I mean, an acceptable reason could be as simple as: "Due to the way we programmed guild and guild structure... inner working codey wodey thing... it would be an extremely time consuming undertaking on our part just to prevent the guild drop workaround which everyone does and doesn't really cause any problems since 99.9% of people who do Hellgates do them in guild and any officer can just reinvite after."

    I'd actually accept that over some psuedo-"next level" bullshit like "It causes drama and human moments in a game"

    The post was edited 1 time, last by RockLobster ().

  • RockLobster wrote:

    I mean, an acceptable reason could be as simple as: "Due to the way we programmed guild and guild structure... inner working codey wodey thing... it would be an extremely time consuming undertaking on our part just to prevent the guild drop workaround which everyone does and doesn't really cause any problems since 99.9% of people who do Hellgates do them in guild and any officer can just reinvite after."

    I'd actually accept that over some psuedo-"next level" bullshit like "It causes drama and human moments in a game"
    they have the mechanic in place for arenas... so the coding is there...
  • Valkie wrote:

    RockLobster wrote:

    I mean, an acceptable reason could be as simple as: "Due to the way we programmed guild and guild structure... inner working codey wodey thing... it would be an extremely time consuming undertaking on our part just to prevent the guild drop workaround which everyone does and doesn't really cause any problems since 99.9% of people who do Hellgates do them in guild and any officer can just reinvite after."

    I'd actually accept that over some psuedo-"next level" bullshit like "It causes drama and human moments in a game"
    they have the mechanic in place for arenas... so the coding is there...
    buuut the arena doesnt include loss of items as Red + HGs do. though *shrugs*
  • Kclikola wrote:

    Gromarch wrote:

    the situations that @Valkyrior just described can't possibly be intended..?
    You state that there are also many good arguments on why guild / alliance affiliations actually should count in HG's.
    In Beta people abused that factor to insure there was no one else in the hellgate, thus flooding it to ensure they get all the item drops.2 Teams enter one team leaves free willingly (timer back then was way shorter). It only rarely happened that alliances fight in the HG's.
    Half the HGs are already no shows / 2-3 guys in 4.1 fame farming anyway. I don't think making it easier for alliances to fight each other would really destroy this ecosystem. Two teams can already do what you said, they don't need the alliance protection.