How Were The New Level 70 Abilities Balanced?

• Assassin's spirit and sunder armor are both trash. That is why I'm switching to swords, as there is a kit that flows well within the line.

Daggers... It's like they can't even decide what the line is? Attack speed? Shred on a low damage q? All this with slit throat?

I feel like q should be a low damage stun. Why does a dagger pair need a shred? We aren't supposed to focus tanks. A short stun would help with getting slit throat off and help with peeling.

Drop the stacking mechanic from dual daggers, keep slit throat instant damage, remove the bleed and do the instant damage that it does on PTR. Increase slit throat CD.

How hard is that? That's a fun kit, that is easy to balance. Why does every fucking melee need a stack mechanic?

I can craft and wear T7 daggers, but fuck them. I'm switching to swords because they're so much more fluid and fun to use. You actually have a fucking kit rather than a bunch of abilities thrown together.
    • Retroman schrieb:

Shadow Edge is more about movement and utility and not supossed to be a big root for your team. It is specifally designed for the dagger kit and the assassin playstyle: i.e. you can stack up your q's from far away, throw a Shadow Edge on the enemy Healer, root him shortly to unleash your E. It is also possible to use Shadow Edge defensively when you throw it at one of your team member in the backline to get out of the enemy front line.

This makes it quite different from Ray of Light. Even if both spells root an enemy. The rooting aspect is not the sole main point of Shadow Edge. :)

Cheers,
      Retro
      For 1: As others have said, please... stack 3 Assassin Spirits and dive my healer anyway you see fit. Just make sure you're wearing good gear that sells real well.

For 2: Assuming you're using this ability to Dive or Retreat, why wouldn't you just Dash? I can't think of a situation outside of *maybe* ganking with a group where Dash isn't, hands down, a 100% better option.

A.) Dash is reliable. When you're required to hit a skillshot or nothing happens, it *really* better be an astounding effect. It isn't.
      B.) Dash is versatile. Nice thing with Dash is you don't actually have to have a target. You move in whatever direction you want for whatever reason you want. Not so with Shadow Edge.
      C.) Dash is not as easily countered. Hey dawg, heard you like diving healers and using Shadow's Edge on allies to escape. Cool. I'm positioning myself between you and my healer or you and your allies. What now?
      D.) Dash is on a 50% shorter cooldown.

C'mon. This ability is a fun idea, but in actual play... it's trash. Dash is hands down better in every way... and you know the funny thing is? Daggers + Dash kinda suck anyway. Good luck getting a HG group or a GvG team with your Dagger/Dash build. More importantly, if you do, please make it a GvG team that I'm up against. I like free territories. :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• I can agree with most people that shadow edge needs some changes, completely outshined by dash... But don't compare that shit to Ray of light... Hands down one of the hardest abilities to land on a target that isn't cc-ed already and any bow user worth a fuck will tell u the same. Id almost consider it a bait to run that spell over frostshot/speedshot. Also, it's not instant...
    • Killj0y schrieb:

I can agree with most people that shadow edge needs some changes, completely outshined by dash... But don't compare that shit to Ray of light... Hands down one of the hardest abilities to land on a target that isn't cc-ed already and any bow user worth a fuck will tell u the same. Id almost consider it a bait to run that spell over frostshot/speedshot. Also, it's not instant...
      It does seem like Ray of Light is what a skill shot should be - at least in theory... high risk, high reward. Still, it's obviously not doing the trick since Bows are so far out of meta, Mercia A teams seeing an enemy showing up with one would have to be like: "AFK 1 sec, gotta Google wtf that piece of crap even does"

The problem with Shadow Edge is it's high risk, low reward... versus Dash, which is no risk, low reward.

What I'm trying to say is Dagger/Dash is a pretty crap build anyway - Shadow's Edge just manages to somehow make it worse.
    • @Retroman

Your point is fair but in practice nobody use it for many reasons like everyone said already.
      The thing is we need something else instead of this, i mean it's like infiltration skills (sleep) when NOBODY use a skills it should be a strong warning for the dev team for rework it .
      For now what i would like to see to make all this.

The Only CC Dagger need is a SNARE . The only reason we would switch our W mobility skills is for something who bring us a effective snare to land more auto attack.
      For exemple :
      Shadow Edge : Throw a dagger and teleport you on the area and snare everyone in the radius 5 meters for 5 seconds (it will be less with CC resist so chill) => This will be useful.
      Infiltration (ZZZ thing): A smoke bomb who Reduce ennemy Attack by 40%for 5 Meter radius (easy to script it's like a sticky pot, without the Snare )

Dev team made the choice to put tons of condition to the "assassin" burst in Albion and it's fine but in other hand we need more utility spells to justifiy our slot in a pvp Team . And by this i mean NO Single target skillshot CC.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von TheBadOne ()

• Infiltration in small scale skirmish fights (5v5) is incredibly good, if you can land it. There's no ground target indication to warn the enemy team where you're going, it's on a delay, so there is no way to tell when you're using it, and it teleports your through everything, right into the back line with no warning. If you can learn to judge your enemy movements accurately, and can land those multi-target sleeps, it's one of the strongest abilities in the game IMO.
      Shadows edge, on the other hand, is probably the most useless skill I've ever seen. Useless for skirmish fights, 1v1s, and open world ganking. It hits EVERYTHING!!!! Including, but not limited to, the player you're aiming at that's running in a straight line, your friend who is chasing directly behind him also in a straight line, and the fucking marmot between you, the guy you're chasing, and your friend chasing the guy. I have never been so demoralized as I was when I spent time and LP just to rush to level 70 daggers for this AWESOME new ability, only to find absolutely NO use for it whatsoever. At least with Ray of Light, you can provide some minor utility in a team fight, albeit not much, but more than a shadows edge. it makes me wonder if they had a single player that uses daggers test this in any setting outside of pve, and even then, it's USELESS. #removeshadowsedge #tilted #wasteoflp

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Womack ()

• Captainrussia schrieb:

BlackHands with infiltration can wreck people 1v1 (and maybe CC in ganks or 5v5?) its a very niche skill - not sure if anyone tried infiltration on tower guards yet?:)

I can see Shadow Edge being similarly “niche”, but the “jump” travel speed or root duration should be increased/adjusted a bit.
      I have, range isn't long enough to hit all the guards without aggroing them first. Sounds amazing in theory, not as good in actuality. Also, the sleep doesn't last long enough and it puts you in combat (since it does damage for some reason) so the guards will aggro to you after they wake up.
    • Retroman schrieb:

Shadow Edge is more about movement and utility and not supossed to be a big root for your team. It is specifally designed for the dagger kit and the assassin playstyle: i.e. you can stack up your q's from far away, throw a Shadow Edge on the enemy Healer, root him shortly to unleash your E. It is also possible to use Shadow Edge defensively when you throw it at one of your team member in the backline to get out of the enemy front line.

This makes it quite different from Ray of Light. Even if both spells root an enemy. The rooting aspect is not the sole main point of Shadow Edge. :)

Cheers,
      Retro
      I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong. This ability does not compliment the dagger play style at all, in fact, it is the exact opposite. Daggers get in, poke a little, get out. Go in, poke a little, get out. Go in, EXECUTE someone, and get out. This ability on anything except a bloodletter is an all in - high risk, no reward - ability.

So let's look at your points on the ability:

Movement:

Pros
      • Very long distance
      • Projectile is fast and hard to see
      • Can be used to teleport to a teammate

Cons
      • Does not move through objects (countered by LoS) or over terrain, but if it lands will still move you straight into whatever wall you hit
      • Slower animation than Dash, provides enemy team time to react
      • Must hit a target to be useful
      • Can be used to teleport to a teammate, aka your teammate steps into your LoS and you go to them instead of your intended target
      • Hits everything and is incredibly easy to block (fucking marmots are the worst) - Let me explain further: A dagger might get this off into the back line once at the beginning of a fight, but all the team has to do to adjust is manipulate front line players any time the dagger looks like he's trying to line up his throw. This is one of the easiest skill shots to counter, and the absolute worst for it. Face tank a heron spear for your team, you get stunned for a few seconds. Face tank a warbow E, you take a chunk of damage. Face tank a Shadow Edge to the face, dagger teleports behind you, you take minimal damage, are rooted for a split second, and now the dagger is trapped in your back line (unless its a bloodletter).

Utility:

Pros

• Gives daggers a root

Cons
      • Rooted targets can still fight back
      • Does not interrupt spell casting
      • Very, very short duration
      • Single target - this makes sense with regard to my expectations of how daggers should work, but why would anyone ever take this over Infiltrate which can hit an infinite number of people?

I'm sure I could come up with plenty more Cons with regard to these points on daggers, and I'm sure others could as well, but I want to take the time to cover the play style aspect you bring up without making a 6 page post.

You say that this ability fits with the assassin play style by allowing you to build Q-stacks from afar before diving in for a big E. So here are some questions I have regarding this:

1. Which Q are people using from "afar"? Sunder requires you to be actively attacking a target, and is the only viable Q for group fights, 1v1s, or PvE. Assassin's Spirit gives you attack damage (which is cool), attack speed (also cool), and lowers your defenses into the dirt (not cool). The resistance reduction on Assassin's Spirit is the absolute worst thing you could ask for with regard to the above mentioned aspects of game play. 3 stacks of Assassin's Spirit and you MELT, and I mean MELT, to a focused group, single player, or even to mobs in dungeons. Why would you ever take this over Sunder in these situations?
      2. 4th cast is a 1 second stealth? Why do I want that, and what good is 1 second when every root, stun, or silence lasts longer than that? Why do I want then when a Heavy Mace can just rip me from stealth with his E, or the random dude in Guardian Armor can just use Enfeeble Aura? Don't get me wrong here, I actively use Assassin Spirit for ganking, specifically for dismounting. It's very effective when the enemy can't fight back. Besides, what do I have time to do in that 1 second of stealth? Move a few pixels?
      3. The only dagger E that benefits from maximum Assassin Spirit stacks is the Dagger Pair. Why would I sit back with a bloodletter, build Q stacks, dagger in to the healer for a split second and then....what? Auto attack him to death while his team eats my face? Lunging stab through him while he's at full health cuz I've been sitting in my own back line building Q stacks instead of harassing him like I should have been?
      4. This is a single target ability, with a root that does nothing to prevent them from acting. Why would anyone take this over Infiltrate, which is an AoE sleep that interrupts spell casting, stops movement, and prevents action for longer than the root on Shadow's Edge lasts? Oh, and did I mention, Infiltrate is a delayed ability that shows no ground target circle, teleports through windwalls, and is instant movement vice a telegraphed travel?
      Please, please, please! I am begging you guys, even if you don't rework the entire dagger skill set, which needs to be done, please rework, or at least DELETE this ability from the dagger tree until you can come up with something better!!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Womack () aus folgendem Grund: OCD making it look nice

• Womack schrieb:

1. Which Q are people using from "afar"? Sunder requires you to be actively attacking a target, and is the only viable Q for group fights, 1v1s, or PvE. Assassin's Spirit gives you attack damage (which is cool), attack speed (also cool), and lowers your defenses into the dirt (not cool). The resistance reduction on Assassin's Spirit is the absolute worst thing you could ask for with regard to the above mentioned aspects of game play. 3 stacks of Assassin's Spirit and you MELT, and I mean MELT, to a focused group, single player, or even to mobs in dungeons. Why would you ever take this over Sunder in these situations?
      2. 4th cast is a 1 second stealth? Why do I want that, and what good is 1 second when every root, stun, or silence lasts longer than that? Why do I want then when a Heavy Mace can just rip me from stealth with his E, or the random dude in Guardian Armor can just use Enfeeble Aura? Don't get me wrong here, I actively use Assassin Spirit for ganking, specifically for dismounting. It's very effective when the enemy can't fight back. Besides, what do I have time to do in that 1 second of stealth? Move a few pixels?
      3. The only dagger E that benefits from maximum Assassin Spirit stacks is the Dagger Pair. Why would I sit back with a bloodletter, build Q stacks, dagger in to the healer for a split second and then....what? Auto attack him to death while his team eats my face? Lunging stab through him while he's at full health cuz I've been sitting in my own back line building Q stacks instead of harassing him like I should have been?
      4. This is a single target ability, with a root that does nothing to prevent them from acting. Why would anyone take this over Infiltrate, which is an AoE sleep that interrupts spell casting, stops movement, and prevents action for longer than the root on Shadow's Edge lasts? Oh, and did I mention, Infiltrate is a delayed ability that shows no ground target circle, teleports through windwalls, and is instant movement vice a telegraphed travel?

Give this man a god damn medal!!