How Were The New Level 70 Abilities Balanced?

• Assassin's spirit and sunder armor are both trash. That is why I'm switching to swords, as there is a kit that flows well within the line.

Daggers... It's like they can't even decide what the line is? Attack speed? Shred on a low damage q? All this with slit throat?

I feel like q should be a low damage stun. Why does a dagger pair need a shred? We aren't supposed to focus tanks. A short stun would help with getting slit throat off and help with peeling.

Drop the stacking mechanic from dual daggers, keep slit throat instant damage, remove the bleed and do the instant damage that it does on PTR. Increase slit throat CD.

How hard is that? That's a fun kit, that is easy to balance. Why does every fucking melee need a stack mechanic?

I can craft and wear T7 daggers, but fuck them. I'm switching to swords because they're so much more fluid and fun to use. You actually have a fucking kit rather than a bunch of abilities thrown together.
    • Retroman schrieb:

Shadow Edge is more about movement and utility and not supossed to be a big root for your team. It is specifally designed for the dagger kit and the assassin playstyle: i.e. you can stack up your q's from far away, throw a Shadow Edge on the enemy Healer, root him shortly to unleash your E. It is also possible to use Shadow Edge defensively when you throw it at one of your team member in the backline to get out of the enemy front line.

This makes it quite different from Ray of Light. Even if both spells root an enemy. The rooting aspect is not the sole main point of Shadow Edge. :)

Cheers,
      Retro
      For 1: As others have said, please... stack 3 Assassin Spirits and dive my healer anyway you see fit. Just make sure you're wearing good gear that sells real well.

For 2: Assuming you're using this ability to Dive or Retreat, why wouldn't you just Dash? I can't think of a situation outside of *maybe* ganking with a group where Dash isn't, hands down, a 100% better option.

A.) Dash is reliable. When you're required to hit a skillshot or nothing happens, it *really* better be an astounding effect. It isn't.
      B.) Dash is versatile. Nice thing with Dash is you don't actually have to have a target. You move in whatever direction you want for whatever reason you want. Not so with Shadow Edge.
      C.) Dash is not as easily countered. Hey dawg, heard you like diving healers and using Shadow's Edge on allies to escape. Cool. I'm positioning myself between you and my healer or you and your allies. What now?
      D.) Dash is on a 50% shorter cooldown.

C'mon. This ability is a fun idea, but in actual play... it's trash. Dash is hands down better in every way... and you know the funny thing is? Daggers + Dash kinda suck anyway. Good luck getting a HG group or a GvG team with your Dagger/Dash build. More importantly, if you do, please make it a GvG team that I'm up against. I like free territories. :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• I can agree with most people that shadow edge needs some changes, completely outshined by dash... But don't compare that shit to Ray of light... Hands down one of the hardest abilities to land on a target that isn't cc-ed already and any bow user worth a fuck will tell u the same. Id almost consider it a bait to run that spell over frostshot/speedshot. Also, it's not instant...
    • Killj0y schrieb:

I can agree with most people that shadow edge needs some changes, completely outshined by dash... But don't compare that shit to Ray of light... Hands down one of the hardest abilities to land on a target that isn't cc-ed already and any bow user worth a fuck will tell u the same. Id almost consider it a bait to run that spell over frostshot/speedshot. Also, it's not instant...
      It does seem like Ray of Light is what a skill shot should be - at least in theory... high risk, high reward. Still, it's obviously not doing the trick since Bows are so far out of meta, Mercia A teams seeing an enemy showing up with one would have to be like: "AFK 1 sec, gotta Google wtf that piece of crap even does"

The problem with Shadow Edge is it's high risk, low reward... versus Dash, which is no risk, low reward.

What I'm trying to say is Dagger/Dash is a pretty crap build anyway - Shadow's Edge just manages to somehow make it worse.