Dwindling player base

• Mardonius wrote:

Finalhecate wrote:

Scamnicitus wrote:

This game is about killing and pvp.. That's how it was advertised... They didn't show vids of people gathering.. They showed zergs and GvGs... And there's barely even any of that content available... We are back to the point where hell gates are uncontested, and red zones have almost no ganking or pvp... This game is dead af.... It's sad because it could be a good game.... Especially for the niche genre it was presented as.
    It was or it is? was would be a statement of the past, like how it was suppost to be like this i.imgur.com/BRZQj4S.png [note says group towards pvp, hence your sentence WAS]. Is it still advertise as so?
    I didn't see it like that. I saw it as a sandbox MMO where you can craft, housing, PvE and territorial PvP by a company called SANDBOX Interactive. I think you see what you wanted to see.
    But I don't see why you are whining. The developers are clearly catering to the gankers where half of the world, namely BZ, is 100% PvP and gank central. The problem, for you, is that most people are staying out of those zones. And guess what? As a sandbox you are supposed to have freedom of choice in how you play the game.
    When I heard of albion online , I waited a bit to see it on youtube... After a bit I knew it had some element I like and a lot of element I didn't like.. , went in, played, waited for wipe release,

came back and looked at each stages of the game [even made video of updates].. looked at twitch and youtubeand saw thing that I like and a lot of thing I didn't like.. still went in and played the game.

there are a lot of things I don't like [ I don't voice them],

The game is advertise in away to attract player, the set player should still research the game via youtube/reviews/forum/reddit/ etc etc...

I usually take about 5hour of research before jumping into a game...

There is a rule in mmo, wait 1 year after release, because what is in there may not be there anymore..

I still play the game, infact just finish farming for the after maintance full node area, however I return to CT. imgur.com/a/baPKr where I create anything in freedom and if I die I drop everything on me...

if we go into details as advertise I can say this,

through the first link I gave you the game was advertise to have solo content as diversity, that was than and now is now, 30 dollar was paid for that type of attraction,it changed, it happends,

I can keep playing the game how it is now or leave and join another....

I still play and I play other games I also enjoy ^,^ [ I paid worst scummy games dev [500bucks] on a mobile game so I cannot get mad for a game I played for 1 month at 30 dollar rate, even if it was 100 dollar rate I still would just move on easily]

but to each its own righ?
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
    Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
    Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
    Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
    Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
    HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
  • Matsume wrote:

Dulu wrote:

The changes they're introducing and talking about introducing show how far out of touch they are with their hardcore playerbase, and the general MMO market.. It's hard to figure out who they're even listening to.
    They listen to the "round table" whoever they are...
    Probably business people who look at successful games and want SBI to copy what they're doing?
    "Let the world know that I plan to die."
  • Matsume wrote:

Dulu wrote:

The changes they're introducing and talking about introducing show how far out of touch they are with their hardcore playerbase, and the general MMO market.. It's hard to figure out who they're even listening to.
    They listen to the "round table" whoever they are...

Bercilak wrote:

Hello,

I wanted to tell you that we started a new project called "Albion Round Table". This idea was established with the Summer Alpha and yielded great results in terms of coordinated and constructive feedback.
    The idea behind this project is that we invite a mix of various players/users to discuss certain topics.

We explicitly have chosen players who ...
    • ... represent a wide spectrum of different playing styles (from hardcore PvP guys to more casual players)
    • ... people who have given good and constructive feedback
    • ... are no trolls
    • ... and can also except different opinions to keep an open feedback culture

The Albion Round Table is just at the beginning, although we have created it about two months ago.
    With the arrival of @Talion we can make the whole thing more structured and provide more information to everyone and thus, now is the right time to officially announce it.

Please note that the members of the round table may constantly change depending on their activity in the game/forum.
    Right now the members of the round table are the following people:

1. Blackthron (Hammer & Sickle)
    2. CPUUser123 (Conflict Gaming)
    3. Createk (Finstack)
    4. Dagother (Gentleman)
    5. Devious (Raven Star)
    6. Forge (Goonswarm)
    7. Farewel (Nilfgard)
    8. Grimm (Forsaken)
    9. Howser (Black Cocks)
    10. Leandro (Brazzukas)
    11. Nicza (Forsaken)
    12. Rook (Vendetta)
    13. Saffina (Conflict Gaming)
    14. Skytea (Vendetta)
    15. Thorgal (Casual United)
    16. Trapper (Brazzukas)
    17. Whated (Finstack)
    18. Zarf (Vendetta)
    19. Jaden (Banished)
    20. Salvia Divinorum (ChronicGamers)

Please note that we do not discuss who should be in or not.
    We select the people a little bit like moderators since it is important for us to pick the ones which we think we can work with very well.
    It is in our own interest that we try to have a very mixed group.
    Feel free to send me PMs with suggestions if you disagree.

Kr,
    Stefan
    that's who they were not sure now ..
  • Stonekiller wrote:

Most players that complain they can't find enough open world pvp, mean .

" I can't find enough gathers to gank "
    That's not accurate.. Unless you are in a big alliance.. there's no open world pvp. I mainly hellgate.. But in launch there was tons of ambush ganking, 10v10s and stuff like that just from standing in wyre forest for 2 minutes... You had to dodge people left and right... Now I'm traveling unmolested for the most part... Even hellgates are no longer 100% fights... I had 6HG last night uncontested.
  • I wait on the next shitty advertisment for the joseph patch (arena mode) so players might come back for this. In my heart it cant get any worse than the "where are your limits" advertisement right? The theme that drives us to all the years of albion. It cant get any worse than that or can it?
  • Graveldog wrote:

Full loot was always a mistake. They might want to learn why Trammel was introduced, and how it bumped up the numbers for years.
    Trammel was the first in a long line of mistakes which resulted in a one way trip to MMO Sandbox destruction. I know more people who left UO because of trammel. And those I knew that stayed in trammel, got bored and quit anyways.

The full loot pvp is not the problem with this game. It's the lack of everything else you find in a good sandbox. You're not really free to do whatever you want in this game. You're stuck in a rotation. World of Warcraft is quest, raid, quest, raid, and sucky pvp on repeat. AO is gather, craft, conquer. Ultima Online didn't have a rotation. It was you could do whatever you wanted. Come up with different kinds of outfits, design and redesign your home to absolute unique perfection, make a guild, roleplay. UO had tools to roleplay with like fully interactive furniture, orc masks so orc tribes wouldn't attack you and you could go pretend you were one with the orcs and kill anyone trying to kill them. You could be a thief and steal items out of peoples packs, hanging around the banks. Or a mad tinker, leaving trapped boxes on the road and hiding in the bushes waiting for some passerby to open it and jump out and take their things. Animal taming, necromancy, magery, chivalry spells, dye tubs I $&%$ you not had a adobe Photoshop color palette to dye your cloth, the list just kept on going. The freedom kept on going, without putting players in a situation where they had to do such and such to progress.

If you're in a rotation. That's the problem. It's the problem with all MMOs these days. Devs need to ask themselves if they put players into a rotation. If the answer is yes, they failed.
    Scotia, Baron of Carafax
    Ultima Online - Napa Valley 1998-2005
  • @Bercilak @Korn idk who is calling the shots theses days but someone needs to step it up, after Caerleon, the arena's seem like a last ditch effort to save the community. Would be nice if you would look at the feedback and fix the problems instead you put us all in a bird cage cramming us together, and call it a sandbox, Hard watching a Development team killing a game that had so much potential......
    You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bakin ().

• And still after all this time I believe that the legendary founders pack was a good investment.

For almost 2 months I enjoyed myself very much will all the players everywhere, All the danger of players upping their skills to gank me (focused on gathering) and places unexplored to learn the terrain. Also upgrading Islandss&farming was a lot of fun.

That's worth a 100 bucks to me.

After 2 months now though I too feel like my time is better spent in another game.

I'll visit AO again in 3 months or so to see what's new.
  • Scotia wrote:

Graveldog wrote:

Full loot was always a mistake. They might want to learn why Trammel was introduced, and how it bumped up the numbers for years.
    Trammel was the first in a long line of mistakes which resulted in a one way trip to MMO Sandbox destruction. I know more people who left UO because of trammel. And those I knew that stayed in trammel, got bored and quit anyways.
    The full loot pvp is not the problem with this game. It's the lack of everything else you find in a good sandbox. You're not really free to do whatever you want in this game. You're stuck in a rotation. World of Warcraft is quest, raid, quest, raid, and sucky pvp on repeat. AO is gather, craft, conquer. Ultima Online didn't have a rotation. It was you could do whatever you wanted. Come up with different kinds of outfits, design and redesign your home to absolute unique perfection, make a guild, roleplay. UO had tools to roleplay with like fully interactive furniture, orc masks so orc tribes wouldn't attack you and you could go pretend you were one with the orcs and kill anyone trying to kill them. You could be a thief and steal items out of peoples packs, hanging around the banks. Or a mad tinker, leaving trapped boxes on the road and hiding in the bushes waiting for some passerby to open it and jump out and take their things. Animal taming, necromancy, magery, chivalry spells, dye tubs I $&%$ you not had a adobe Photoshop color palette to dye your cloth, the list just kept on going. The freedom kept on going, without putting players in a situation where they had to do such and such to progress.

If you're in a rotation. That's the problem. It's the problem with all MMOs these days. Devs need to ask themselves if they put players into a rotation. If the answer is yes, they failed.
    Pretty much spot on. AO looked like it was going in that direction, but nope. No real sand to play around with and no real freedom. I still remember how much fun you could have with a simple marked rune, Vas Rel Por and an adventurous newbie.
  • Daemion wrote:

Scotia wrote:

Graveldog wrote:

Trammel was the first in a long line of mistakes which resulted in a one way trip to MMO Sandbox destruction. I know more people who left UO because of trammel. And those I knew that stayed in trammel, got bored and quit anyways.The full loot pvp is not the problem with this game. It's the lack of everything else you find in a good sandbox. You're not really free to do whatever you want in this game. You're stuck in a rotation. World of Warcraft is quest, raid, quest, raid, and sucky pvp on repeat. AO is gather, craft, conquer. Ultima Online didn't have a rotation. It was you could do whatever you wanted. Come up with different kinds of outfits, design and redesign your home to absolute unique perfection, make a guild, roleplay. UO had tools to roleplay with like fully interactive furniture, orc masks so orc tribes wouldn't attack you and you could go pretend you were one with the orcs and kill anyone trying to kill them. You could be a thief and steal items out of peoples packs, hanging around the banks. Or a mad tinker, leaving trapped boxes on the road and hiding in the bushes waiting for some passerby to open it and jump out and take their things. Animal taming, necromancy, magery, chivalry spells, dye tubs I $&%$ you not had a adobe Photoshop color palette to dye your cloth, the list just kept on going. The freedom kept on going, without putting players in a situation where they had to do such and such to progress.

Pretty much spot on. AO looked like it was going in that direction, but nope. No real sand to play around with and no real freedom. I still remember how much fun you could have with a simple marked rune, Vas Rel Por and an adventurous newbie.
    Albion was advertised, and is still advertised as being based on three core principles - Open world, Full loot PvP and Sandbox. Sadly it has proven that only one of these principles is being catered too - and that one badly. People are leaving because the game simply does not cater to what they were promised and is severely lacking any real long term content
  • Badwolfe wrote:

Daemion wrote:

Scotia wrote:

Graveldog wrote:

Trammel was the first in a long line of mistakes which resulted in a one way trip to MMO Sandbox destruction. I know more people who left UO because of trammel. And those I knew that stayed in trammel, got bored and quit anyways.The full loot pvp is not the problem with this game. It's the lack of everything else you find in a good sandbox. You're not really free to do whatever you want in this game. You're stuck in a rotation. World of Warcraft is quest, raid, quest, raid, and sucky pvp on repeat. AO is gather, craft, conquer. Ultima Online didn't have a rotation. It was you could do whatever you wanted. Come up with different kinds of outfits, design and redesign your home to absolute unique perfection, make a guild, roleplay. UO had tools to roleplay with like fully interactive furniture, orc masks so orc tribes wouldn't attack you and you could go pretend you were one with the orcs and kill anyone trying to kill them. You could be a thief and steal items out of peoples packs, hanging around the banks. Or a mad tinker, leaving trapped boxes on the road and hiding in the bushes waiting for some passerby to open it and jump out and take their things. Animal taming, necromancy, magery, chivalry spells, dye tubs I $&%$ you not had a adobe Photoshop color palette to dye your cloth, the list just kept on going. The freedom kept on going, without putting players in a situation where they had to do such and such to progress.
    Albion was advertised, and is still advertised as being based on three core principles - Open world, Full loot PvP and Sandbox. Sadly it has proven that only one of these principles is being catered too - and that one badly. People are leaving because the game simply does not cater to what they were promised and is severely lacking any real long term content
    Yeah, it's almost funny that SBI sees AO as a game that can last for years to come. As it stands it'll hardly last a year on their proposed roadmap.