GvG for guild territories exploitation

• GvG for guild territories exploitation

Hello,

I notice that many guilds are exploiting the GvG system the game has in place. From my understanding, you can plan an attack on a territory every 24 hours. From there, the GvG fight will begin 24 hours after the fact. I notice that guilds are exploiting this system by making an alternate guild to plan attacks on their main guilds to delay any competition for 48 hours.. instead of 24 hours.

Currently, Nilfgaard has 5 GvG battles scheduled. 4 out of 5 of those GvG battles are versus a guild (Ruhban) which only has 3 members.
    In flintsplice plain, Tea party is scheduled to attack a guild called milkgaard which has 3 members. Money guild also does this with their t8 territory.. and i'm sure many more guilds do the same.

This exploit allows guilds to attack more and more territories without worrying about their current ones.. and we all know how important territories are in the game.. the guilds that don't use this exploit are at a huge disadvantage.. so my question is: What's being done about this?
  • Its not a big deal. It doesn't delay the next attack 24hrs it just moves the attack to the next slot in the attack time (1hr) after the first attack.

In the case of warcamps if a guild does a self siege like this they could of just pacified instead. Preventing any attacks. The reason to self siege is to get practise fights in house
  • [EDIT] I missed the fact that an attack can be planned once the GvG fight is won. So it's 48 hours not 72 as mentioned below.

Hmm let’s dive a bit deeper and feel free to correct me on anything.
    The guilds will hold the territory for 72 hours if their alt guild plans an attack..therefore saving time and silver.
    X guild is planned to defend against their alt guild. X guild has the territory for 24 hours (time it takes for the GvG to happen) + another 24 hours (when they win their GvG battle by default no-show/easy fight) + another 24 hours assuming that another guild successfully planned an attack. Total hours of owning the territory = 72 hours.

In summary, pacifying the camp will guarantee that your guild will hold the territory for another 48 hours (24 hours after pacifying + another 24 hours assuming another guild successfully plans an attack and wins). Having an alternate guild plan an attack will guarantee the main guild 72 hours of ownership.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Gotcereal ().

• Gotcereal wrote:

Hmm let’s dive a bit deeper and feel free to correct me on anything.
    The guilds will hold the territory for 72 hours if their alt guild plans an attack..therefore saving time and silver.
    X guild is planned to defend against their alt guild. X guild has the territory for 24 hours (time it takes for the GvG to happen) + another 24 hours (when they win their GvG battle by default no-show/easy fight) + another 24 hours assuming that another guild successfully planned an attack. Total hours of owning the territory = 72 hours.

In summary, pacifying the camp will guarantee that your guild will hold the territory for another 48 hours (24 hours after pacifying + another 24 hours assuming another guild successfully plans an attack and wins). Having an alternate guild plan an attack will guarantee the main guild 72 hours of ownership.
    You're just wrong. That isn't how it works.

The reason they launch attacks from alt guilds is in case they lose the plot they can try to attack it again. This usually only happens in an attack that results in a retaliate.

Also, your link is from the old GvG system.
  • First off, this isn't really an exploit. Secondly, you don't seem to understand the attack system at all.

Each territory has 4 different attack times per day. Launching an attack places your attack in the next available slot, you don't have to wait 24 hours if the territory is already being attacked. If you own a territory that is surrounded by enemies you could theoretically be attacked 4 times in the same day (each attack separated by an hour).

These so-called "fake attacks" come from Warcamps, which anyone in the game can gather. Nilfguard themselves can attack the warcamp and 'pacify' it to prevent the attack from that warcamp from happening. The problem (if you want to call it one) is that noone else goes and tries to capture the warcamp from Nilfguard or launch an attack. They more than likely launch the attacks from an alt-guild so that they can do some practice GvG's within their guild and actually have a fight with someone. People join the guild with 3-members, load up the GvG, fight in cheap gear, then the main guild finishes by winning the battle at the end. See it ALL THE TIME.

Summary: If people wanted to attack Nilfguard (or any other guild) nothing is stopping them. You just need to get to the warcamp at the time stated and launch an attack yourself, but good luck doing that against some of these large guilds/alliances who bring 120+ to defend the warcamps. The fact they launch an attack on themselves doesn't push the possible attack timer back any more than 24-hours (till the next time the warcamp is available.
  • So a territory can be attacked four times a day? I'm assuming that this is based on the assumption that nobody has planned an attack on the territory and that the guild did not pacify the camp?

Let's take a look at the territory in Flintsplice. The next GvG battle is in 6 hours 19min as of right now - from what the game tells me, the next attack can be planned in 6 hours 19mins as well.
    From what I understand, once a GvG fight is scheduled (which takes 24 hours to happen), you cannot schedule one in between.
    You're telling me that even though a GvG fight has been scheduled, other guilds can potentially plan 3 other attacks before the first GvG fight has even occurred?

The warcamp in Cley Hill says the next attack can be planned in 19 hours. I'm confused on how there can be 4 attacks on the same day given such a long wait time.

By the way... I find it hard to believe that a 3 man guild with less than 7,000 total fame can bring any competition in a GvG fight. I'm sure what you say about guilds practicing is true, but that does not mean it's true for every case.
    Images
    • Albionguild.PNG

913.21 kB, 1,254×762, viewed 233 times
    • Albionguild2.PNG

560.3 kB, 1,118×483, viewed 256 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gotcereal ().

• Ok, I'll explain the system to everyone here, because there is a lot of confusion.

We attacked ourselves in flint in case we lost the mud pool gvg, and then got retaliated on in flint. The whole concept is more complicated than I have time or patience to type, but resources are finite and so aren't people. So the idea is to strong arm the other guild.

As for the amount of attacks on a territory: (using flint as an example)
    • each territory may attack an adjacent territory once a day
    • A warcamp may also attack a territory it is in the zone with once per day
    Because we own the territories in both HM and MP the only thing that may attack flint is the warcamp. Also, attacking your self and pacifying the camp does essentially the same thing.
  • angrad wrote:

Ok, I'll explain the system to everyone here, because there is a lot of confusion.

We attacked ourselves in flint in case we lost the mud pool gvg, and then got retaliated on in flint. The whole concept is more complicated than I have time or patience to type, but resources are finite and so aren't people. So the idea is to strong arm the other guild.

As for the amount of attacks on a territory: (using flint as an example)
    • each territory may attack an adjacent territory once a day
    • A warcamp may also attack a territory it is in the zone with once per day
    Because we own the territories in both HM and MP the only thing that may attack flint is the warcamp. Also, attacking your self and pacifying the camp does essentially the same thing.

Looks like cheating to me.

@Korn
    "Let the world know that I plan to die."
  • Its an exploit of the system..
    You can sugarcoat it however you like.. and give all kind of fancy explanations, but it's still exploiting a game weakness..
    I really hope the devs come up with some punishment for this blatant exploit..
    If only more people would be affected by this.. but well, only 5 guys in a 1000 man slaver alliance do GvG.. so.. who cares really?
    The system is already really harsh for emergent guilds/alliance.. not allowing them to fight in even ground with this oppressing alliances who keep all the end game content for them.. and now they even create their own oponents out of thin air so they don't even have to do that content themselves..

@Korn any word on this?
  • I'll save Korn the trouble, and just say that you had the opportunity to come contest the siege camp, anyone does. We didn't magically stop you from attacking us at the siege camp. The times are right on the map.

Also, I don't know how this oppresses you? especially considering you make 0 effort to try to even earn a GvG.
  • My mistake was overlooking the fact that another guild can plan an attack right after the main guild vs alt guild fake fight. This means that the main guild can potentially lose the territory in 48 hours and not 72 like I mentioned in my first post.

However I still don't understand why guilds don't pacify the camp instead of using alt guilds to attack their current ones. I also don't see why guilds would even use alt guilds unless it gave them some sort of competitive advantage. Perhaps someone else with a bit more knowledge than me can provide a more detailed explanation?
  • theres a couple reasons to use an alt guild to create the attack.

Firstly - if your territory is currently under attack and you arent sure if you will win you use an alt guild to attack the territory so that you can take it back the next night.

Second - if you are initiating an attack on another territory and you get flogged and retaliated (they can now attack you in your territory at the next available time slot) then you are set to take it back the next night.

Third - you want to train your other teams for gvgs

You cant attack from the warcamp into your own territory because that would be silly yoi cant attaco yourself
  • Gotcereal wrote:

My mistake was overlooking the fact that another guild can plan an attack right after the main guild vs alt guild fake fight. This means that the main guild can potentially lose the territory in 48 hours and not 72 like I mentioned in my first post.

However I still don't understand why guilds don't pacify the camp instead of using alt guilds to attack their current ones. I also don't see why guilds would even use alt guilds unless it gave them some sort of competitive advantage. Perhaps someone else with a bit more knowledge than me can provide a more detailed explanation?

So what happened was we attacked Mud Pool, which was taken from Conflict by Exertion. Since they could retaliate (meaning they get to launch an attack 30 mins after we attack them) if we lost that GvG we attacked ourselves. This meant that if we also lost Flint we could fight again in 24h, and not have to wait 48h. We also raided their territory that night to take their T8 mats. (which only spawn once a day)

What Nilfgaard does is they fill the time slots that their members are sleeping/offline/w.e, since it can always be attacked 4 times a day.
  • I see.. thanks for the clarification guys. It's not as big of a problem as I thought however it does force guilds to use this alt guild method to stay on the same playing field.

As for what nilfgaard does.. that's a much bigger exploit since it allows them to manage their territories better - giving them a huge competitive advantage.