T8 Gathering Gear Issue

• T8 Gathering Gear Issue

I've been a T8 stone gatherer for about two weeks or so now. One thing I miss compared to the earlier tiers was the progression of your gear. While it wasn't advised for fame, if gathering at your current tier, your masteries would noticeably improve your gear. Maybe one lvl you'd get a couple HP, another a point of armor, etc. There was a sense of progression that you could see and enjoy, knowing that you were working towards making yourself harder to kill.

Ever since hitting T8, that sense of progression has disappeared. My guild/alliance doesn't have any BZ resource territories, and even if we did, there'd likely be rules in place about who could specifically gather it, like some other guilds/alliances have. In addition, no other aspect of the game is locked down in this regard. Want to get lvl 100 animal raising? You can do it off chickens. Want to get lvl 100 cooking? You can do it off of carrot soup. Want lvl 100 mastery in a gear set? You could fame farm T3 wolves for months on end if you really wanted to.

The point is, nothing else on the destiny board requires a BZ territory exclusive resource that stifles progression quite like gathering does. I'm not pointing this out because I die easily as a gatherer (I don't), but because without that sense of progression, I almost feel a sense of defeat at hitting T8. And no, the other tier's 0.2 bonuses don't quite hit that itch. Furthermore, this game design almost forces gatherers that want to continue to progress to seek out BZ guilds/alliances with their needed resource territory, rather than stick with their guild that they've known and help them progress. Awkwardly enough, you can even get to the point that your T6 gathering gear is almost as strong as your T8 gear, just shy by 11~ item level. If T7 was more easily farmed, it could easily pass T8.

I'm sure there are many solutions to the issue, but one I'd like to suggest is to separate the T8 destiny board node into two: 1) T8 resource gathering bonus, which only increases from gathering T8 resources, and 2) T8 Gear Mastery bonus, which increases with any fame from T3+ nodes. Increase the total fame needed to increase it if you must, just as long as there's an option to continue progressing.
    • t8 gear gives you more resource return even if you gather t6 with it. so even if your t6 set is about as strong, t8 still has alot more value.
      if you really want to level up t8, simply grap some invisible stuff, sneak into some enemy territory and gather their t8. if they find you and kill you you still got the fame, so no issue...
    • Shadari schrieb:

t8 gear gives you more resource return even if you gather t6 with it. so even if your t6 set is about as strong, t8 still has alot more value.
      if you really want to level up t8, simply grap some invisible stuff, sneak into some enemy territory and gather their t8. if they find you and kill you you still got the fame, so no issue...
      I'm well aware of the gather benefit to T8. That's not the focus of the post, it's that the strength of the gear can't be increased except by a small faction of the player base. As far as sneaking if, I've tried that with a few friends. Not only were the materials already hit (it was 30 minutes past their reset, so they had people ready for the respawn), but they weren't prepared and died to guards/a few players that showed up. AFAIK, there are guards within aggro range of the nodes so even if I solo snuck in, I'd have no way of dealing with the guards.