Global discount - always 50% for premium

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Global discount - always 50% for premium

Title.

I think they'd stand to see more subs with this, but I'm too sleepy to work out how it would affect inflation of gold prices. Lets see... if.... all premiums have 50% global always, then... they have more silver to spend generally... so the price of... gold might go up? And keep going?
    • they should decrease global discount if someone has more than 1 Years worth of premium in gold(atm: 19k) if you got more than 19k gold you should have to pay an +50% extra tax for beeing a filthy rich betastarter.

its just scary if you read some forum post from launch where people farmed 5 chests and bought themselves 6 months premium with it. and now there are players who sit on thousands of gold, those should have a progressive tax for themselves. The more money you have, the more you can afford to spend.
      This would even out this economicaly bad launch money and add another silver sink without hurting new players(as opposed to the global discount which simply fucks new players by having them pay more and more the richer the richest get)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Jochum ()

• Jochum schrieb:

they should decrease global discount if someone has more than 1 Years worth of premium in gold(atm: 19k) if you got more than 19k gold you should have to pay an +50% extra tax for beeing a filthy rich betastarter.

its just scary if you read some forum post from launch where people farmed 5 chests and bought themselves 6 months premium with it. and now there are players who sit on thousands of gold, those should have a progressive tax for themselves. The more money you have, the more you can afford to spend.
      This would even out this economicaly bad launch money and add another silver sink without hurting new players(as opposed to the global discount which simply fucks new players by having them pay more and more the richer the richest get)
      Horrible idea, questionable ideology.

Who gives a flying shit how much money somebody has or what they intend to do with it.

Poor people say the funniest things.
    • Mmnxxxxffdma schrieb:

Who gives a flying shit how much money somebody has or what they intend to do with it.

Horrible idea?
      i hope your not talking about the progressive Tax, because face it, the US uses it, China uses it, New Zealand and UK uses it. Australia also uses it. You see, the progressive tax is everywhere because it is fair. unless you are a liberal or one of those filthy rich who would "loose" more than the others.
      AO economics are nearly like RL economics, with just a few flaws that favour early started and those with lots of money. Someone like you doesnt care about those 1k silver he has to pay more to repair his stuff, you got more than enough silver. A new player can hardly afford that 1k repair, and this does not count in the increased island cost, the market tax and everything else that is taxed via global discount. That silver sink in a whole hurts new players, while it doesnt even scratch those with the silver that would be needed to get sunk.(is this even an english sentence ?_?)
      At the moment, rich players can invest all their silver into gold, which increases the tax the new players have to pay. The more silver the rich store in gold(and the price of gold is going to rise because of it) the harder the global tax is on the new players while it doesnt sink in enough silver.
    • Jochum schrieb:

Mmnxxxxffdma schrieb:

Horrible idea?i hope your not talking about the progressive Tax, because face it, the US uses it, China uses it, New Zealand and UK uses it. Australia also uses it. You see, the progressive tax is everywhere because it is fair. unless you are a liberal or one of those filthy rich who would "loose" more than the others.
      AO economics are nearly like RL economics, with just a few flaws that favour early started and those with lots of money. Someone like you doesnt care about those 1k silver he has to pay more to repair his stuff, you got more than enough silver. A new player can hardly afford that 1k repair, and this does not count in the increased island cost, the market tax and everything else that is taxed via global discount. That silver sink in a whole hurts new players, while it doesnt even scratch those with the silver that would be needed to get sunk.(is this even an english sentence ?_?)
      At the moment, rich players can invest all their silver into gold, which increases the tax the new players have to pay. The more silver the rich store in gold(and the price of gold is going to rise because of it) the harder the global tax is on the new players while it doesnt sink in enough silver.
      respectfully i must say that people play games to get away from reality at times, so bringing this system into my game will not make me happy, i'll just pay my taxes off-game instead.

back on track again -any feelings about 50% discount always for premium members?
    • SleepyPoet schrieb:

respectfully i must say that people play games to get away from reality at times, so bringing this system into my game will not make me happy, i'll just pay my taxes off-game instead.
      back on track again -any feelings about 50% discount always for premium members?
      Even if you try to run away from reality, in a game whose economics is clearly build on its IRL counter part, a progressive tax should be included.

from my side, its a no for your idea.
      This simply because nearly nobody is playing without premium. and beeing without premium means:
      No Focus points
      No LP
      No +50% fame
      No +50% silver loot from mobs
      No +50% Gathering yield
      No -50% reduced market Tax
      No +100% Crop yield

No +100% animal growth rate

Premium is to strong as it is, because without premium the game gets nearly unplayable and horribly grindy because you gain way, WAY less stuff than others, while at the same time having higher market tax. And if you want people who play this game, you should not want em to get more money AND pay less tax if they buy premium. People are already forced into freemium, we dont need more reasons for it.
    • Jochum schrieb:

SleepyPoet schrieb:

Even if you try to run away from reality, in a game whose economics is clearly build on its IRL counter part, a progressive tax should be included.
      from my side, its a no for your idea.
      This simply because nearly nobody is playing without premium. and beeing without premium means:
      No Focus points
      No LP
      No +50% fame
      No +50% silver loot from mobs
      No +50% Gathering yield
      No -50% reduced market Tax
      No +100% Crop yield

No +100% animal growth rate

Premium is to strong as it is, because without premium the game gets nearly unplayable and horribly grindy because you gain way, WAY less stuff than others, while at the same time having higher market tax. And if you want people who play this game, you should not want em to get more money AND pay less tax if they buy premium. People are already forced into freemium, we dont need more reasons for it.
      feedback appreciated even if it's not what i was hoping to hear =)