Is Albion worth buying?

• It depends.

The business model:

- Buy to play (Purchase the game)
    - Pay to play (Premium is basically required to play, per character)
    - Pay to win (Level to max crafting in a single day)

Do you like to grind?
    Do you like top-down, zoomed in (Dota 2 style) view with no rotation/control?
    Do you like graphics from early 2000?

Then this is the game for you.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
  • zeeph wrote:

I dont recommend that game for pure solo players.
    Maybe you have fun for like 2-3 weeks with farming and doing dungeons, but thats it.
    Content wise theres not enough for a solo player.
    I'm a pure solo player (at least 90% of my time is spent solo). I've been playing this way since launch and I still enjoy this game very much.
    It's a nice game but as often, toxic people are over-represented on the forum.
  • UnGarsQuiBricole wrote:

zeeph wrote:

Maybe you have fun for like 2-3 weeks with farming and doing dungeons, but thats it.
    I'm a pure solo player (at least 90% of my time is spent solo). I've been playing this way since launch and I still enjoy this game very much.It's a nice game but as often, toxic people are over-represented on the forum.
    May i ask u, what you are doing ingame?

zeeph wrote:

I'm a pure solo player (at least 90% of my time is spent solo). I've been playing this way since launch and I still enjoy this game very much.It's a nice game but as often, toxic people are over-represented on the forum.
    This game is pretty much a caricature of everything bad associated with all MMO's ever made and has turned into a money grab. Sell outs. This game will be dead within a year, particularly with ridiculously awesome MMO's on the horizon such as Ashes of Creation.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
  • zeeph wrote:

UnGarsQuiBricole wrote:

zeeph wrote:

May i ask u, what you are doing ingame?
    I gather (skin and wood (T6 tool, T7 skinning in a few days), a bit of fiber), I craft, I sell and play the market, I farm, I cook, I transport goods to resell between cities on occasion, I sometimes go in expeditions and very rarely in dungeons, ... I have still a lot to do but I don't have enough time.even playing 4-6 hours a day.

I'm a pure solo player (at least 90% of my time is spent solo). I've been playing this way since launch and I still enjoy this game very much.
    It's a nice game but as often, toxic people are over-represented on the forum.
    best post in this thread.

Im top 1000 fame on server and top 200 in gathering and Im 90% solo as well. (and Im working on making solo videos).

I can also wear t6 combat gear, and training up for GvGs soon (hard to do it all on 1 toon), but slowly getting there...

EDIT:

UnGarsQuiBricole wrote:

I gather (skin and wood (T6 tool, T7 skinning in a few days), a bit of fiber), I craft, I sell and play the market, I farm, I cook, I transport goods to resell between cities on occasion, I sometimes go in expeditions and very rarely in dungeons, ... I have still a lot to do but I don't have enough time.even playing 4-6 hours a day.
    yup, kudos man! You're basically doing all the "sandboxy" things that you are supposed to do in a sandbox. I feel like i dont have enough time to play this game either and im on 4-6 hrs.

Still having fun.. what am I doing wrong?

zeeph wrote:

Very true. And many of the toxic posters have already quit but for some reason cannot stay away from the forums to troll.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • it would seem those that apend more time here than in game most likely enjoyed the game so much that when what they enjoyed was systematically destroyed we got seriously pissed while simultaniously still managed to hold on to some hope that content would be revived.
  • Raithe wrote:

it would seem those that apend more time here than in game most likely enjoyed the game so much that when what they enjoyed was systematically destroyed we got seriously pissed while simultaniously still managed to hold on to some hope that content would be revived.
    to be "brutally honest" - I didn't come from a 1st world country originally (as you can guess by my forum handle) - so it does not take much to keep me happy (not much compared to 1st world country ppl, who have memes about them complaining that their WIFI does not reach in the bathroom).

I really think that is the key. Im used to looking out for myself and I never look for hand outs. I don't complain (that is futile) I adapt. I also make my own fun, and that feels 100x more rewarding, then if was asking for "someone" (the DEVs) to constantly cater and create fun for me.

I think big problem is the millenial generation (Im part of it too, but Im different it appears), and instant gratification.

If you (a player) stop mentally locking yourself into what "you assume and want" this game to be - but rather have fun with what you have currently - everything becomes easier, clearer and less burdening.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().