Arenas queuable in open world: needs some fix.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arenas queuable in open world: needs some fix.

As it stands, with the introduction of arenas, we can queue up while in the open world and be teleported to an instance. Given that the channel for the queue is about 3 seconds, it makes it extremely easy for someone to escape a dangerous situation. Hell, a group of 10+ can just mass queue and provided they have two healers, they'll be instantly teleported.

I'd say that the solution should logically be not to have the possibility to teleport to an arena while in the open world. I'm afraid, however, that such a move will prove unpopular.

So can we at least have a longer channel for arenas? Ten, fifteen seconds, maybe? I mean, it won't kill anybody who's channeling it from a city.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ulfnaor ().

• Ulfnaor wrote:

As it stands, with the introduction of arenas, we can queue up while in the open world and be teleported to an instance. Given that the channel for the queue is about 3 seconds, it makes it extremely easy for someone to escape a dangerous situation. Hell, a group of 10+ can just mass queue and provided they have two healers, they'll be instantly teleported.

I'd say that the solution should logically be not to have the possibility to teleport to an arena while in the open world. I'm afraid, however, that such a move will prove unpopular.

So can we at least have a longer channel for arenas? Ten, fifteen seconds, maybe? I mean, it won't kill anybody who's channeling it from a city.

I thought this would end up happening. 3 seconds though? that's just plain stupid and bad design.

I'd go even further to make it on par with the timer to leave a dungeon exit, which is what, 30 seconds?

Instant port in the cities.
    30 seconds channel in the open world.
  • Rigan wrote:

Ulfnaor wrote:

I thought this would end up happening. 3 seconds though? that's just plain stupid and bad design.

I'd go even further to make it on par with the timer to leave a dungeon exit, which is what, 30 seconds?

Instant port in the cities.
    30 seconds channel in the open world.
    Not a bad idea I think but they did just note that they are making dungeon exit Channel 7 seconds now instead of 30. How long does it take to flag up for pvp? I think they should probably both share a similar timer.