[UNDERPOWERED] Shadow edge

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• [UNDERPOWERED] Shadow edge

Dagger you throw is easily avoidable (small area, not like the harpoon or the big arrow)

Root lasts about 1 second against players. Lol

Deals no damage

Costs 50 mana

Please buff this skill before patch goes live. Please?
      Bilder
      • Untitled.png

258,99 kB, 528×346, 36 mal angesehen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Frostfire2k ()

• Skarnik schrieb:

Frostfire2k schrieb:

Dagger you throw is easily avoidable (small area, not like the harpoon or the big arrow)

Deals no damage

Costs 50 mana

Are you completely a pve noob? It's a 22m range guaranteed slit throats lol....
      Frost can you just f*^k off the forums man, whinny wee girl
      I didn't check it out yet, but how can it be guaranteed if it has travel time, and it roots, not stuns, that means iceblock/block/retaliate/ambush/inferno shield/dash/dodge roll/any stun will nullify it's effect? By the way, leaving you 1v1 in a melee range against your opponent with wastly inferior Q abilities?
    • Dethcord schrieb:

Skarnik schrieb:

Frostfire2k schrieb:

Deals no damage

Costs 50 mana

Are you completely a pve noob? It's a 22m range guaranteed slit throats lol....Frost can you just f*^k off the forums man, whinny wee girl
      I didn't check it out yet, but how can it be guaranteed if it has travel time, and it roots, not stuns, that means iceblock/block/retaliate/ambush/inferno shield/dash/dodge roll/any stun will nullify it's effect? By the way, leaving you 1v1 in a melee range against your opponent with wastly inferior Q abilities?
      It's not supposed to be something you use 24/7.... you use it exclusively when ganking.. like.. literally thats it..its a gank mechanic..stop someone on their mount so your team can get on em..or stop their wonderlust...1 sec root is all you need to land dual dagger E skill...

People want this to be some broken shit that lasts forever and guarantee's them a solo kill. They want easy. braindead skills that give them wins.

Dagger line willlllll neverrrrrrr beeeeee groupppppp pvpppppp viableeeeee. Lemme say it again...daggeerrrrrr line wont be group pvp viable in 90% of situations. Most viable one is bloodletter cause its E hits multiple targets..but even then people dont want bloodletters in group pvp.

Daggers are a gank weapon...this ability is the definition of a gank ability... try to use your brain people. If you were expecting this to be some godsend skill that made daggers viable in every place then you don't understand how this game works and should go back to WoW.

I REPEAT..it is a GANKING skill. Furthermore, it travels FASTER than harpooon so ACTUALLY it's easier to land than harpoon, you just have to not suck at the the game.

Also Dethcord I know I quoted yours but it wasn't solely directed at you, and more so at the general thread and anyone else who reads this :P
      PVP/Info Video's: Youtube

Occasionally Live: Twitch
    • Zavage schrieb:

Dethcord schrieb:

Skarnik schrieb:

Frostfire2k schrieb:

Deals no damage

Costs 50 mana

Are you completely a pve noob? It's a 22m range guaranteed slit throats lol....Frost can you just f*^k off the forums man, whinny wee girl
      It's not supposed to be something you use 24/7.... you use it exclusively when ganking.. like.. literally thats it..its a gank mechanic..stop someone on their mount so your team can get on em..or stop their wonderlust...1 sec root is all you need to land dual dagger E skill...
      People want this to be some broken shit that lasts forever and guarantee's them a solo kill. They want easy. braindead skills that give them wins.

Dagger line willlllll neverrrrrrr beeeeee groupppppp pvpppppp viableeeeee. Lemme say it again...daggeerrrrrr line wont be group pvp viable in 90% of situations. Most viable one is bloodletter cause its E hits multiple targets..but even then people dont want bloodletters in group pvp.

Daggers are a gank weapon...this ability is the definition of a gank ability... try to use your brain people. If you were expecting this to be some godsend skill that made daggers viable in every place then you don't understand how this game works and should go back to WoW.

I REPEAT..it is a GANKING skill. Furthermore, it travels FASTER than harpooon so ACTUALLY it's easier to land than harpoon, you just have to not suck at the the game.

Also Dethcord I know I quoted yours but it wasn't solely directed at you, and more so at the general thread and anyone else who reads this :P

So if we go with your logic that its a ganking spell then it fails at that too. It costs too much energy. You'll need mana pots which you shouldnt use as a ganker ever.

It also has twice the cd of dash, i can keep up or outrun someone whos running shadow edge if i have dash. I'll also be able to turn around and kill them since they wasted all their mana.
    • Zavage schrieb:

One sec root is not all you need, because you need your target to not use ambush, block or whatever else. Or you'll have to stack it for another 12 seconds.
      It's a good ability for claws, as you can possibly ambush->SE without using your rush/wanderlust/whatever, so you can chase people down much better. For dagger pair tho, it's not so good as you can't maintain 3 AS stacks for quick burst. It will always take atleast 12 seconds.

People want a viable alternative to dash. At the moment no ability but dash is worth using. This thing atleast has it's uses, but dash will still be better in most situations simply because of 10 sec cooldown. If it would stun for 1 second - it'd be decent because this way it'd be possible to interrupt spellcasting and to hit ST semi-reliably. I don't think that giving up your dash for a reliable hit on your E is too much to ask for, taking into consideration the fact that every other weapon can do it already, and Slit Throat is the only melee hit with a cast time for no reason.

Why not? It can be group PvP viable easily. Just correct the obvious weaknesses.

At the moment daggers are not a "gank weapon". All spear line is good for ganking. Quarterstaff line is good for ganking, espacially double bladed. Even claymore is decent because it has some CC.
      It was expected to be a dagger line buff, but it's only decent for one weapon - claws, and only in one type of activity - ganking. 47 energy cost is absurd. 20 sec cooldown is way too much aswell. 15 seconds with stun instead of root would be fine.

Yes it's a ganking skill for claws users. That's pretty much it
    • Dethcord schrieb:

Zavage schrieb:

One sec root is not all you need, because you need your target to not use ambush, block or whatever else. Or you'll have to stack it for another 12 seconds.
      It's a good ability for claws, as you can possibly ambush->SE without using your rush/wanderlust/whatever, so you can chase people down much better. For dagger pair tho, it's not so good as you can't maintain 3 AS stacks for quick burst. It will always take atleast 12 seconds.

Ok below you referenced claymore but this literally applies to claymore as well or any other class that uses a root for cc... so invalid...

Wait wait...you just made my point, you just stated it needs to be long enough for you to completely burst your target..AKA you want it to be broken as fuck and last long enough to completely burst a target.

In that case I want a 12 second ranged stun(unaffected by cc resist) on swords so that I have time to run to my target, stack heroic charge 3 times and then use my E to be able to burst my target.

Be freakin grateful daggers at least have the ability to free stack their stack ability.

People want a viable alternative to dash. At the moment no ability but dash is worth using. This thing atleast has it's uses, but dash will still be better in most situations simply because of 10 sec cooldown. If it would stun for 1 second - it'd be decent because this way it'd be possible to interrupt spellcasting and to hit ST semi-reliably. I don't think that giving up your dash for a reliable hit on your E is too much to ask for, taking into consideration the fact that every other weapon can do it already, and Slit Throat is the only melee hit with a cast time for no reason.

1. quite a few melee skills with a cast time.. quarterstaffs, hammers, maces all have abilities with a cast time

NOW what I WOULD say they could do for slit throat is make the target once again rooted for the duration of said cast time, this way you have a better chance at landing the ability. Would also give it more utility when ganking in groups being able to root a target twice in a row gives people a lot of time

2. It is very much so a viable alternative to dash, assuming you don't suck at aiming skillshots, if you suck at skillshots then tough luck buttercup

Why not? It can be group PvP viable easily. Just correct the obvious weaknesses.

Lol no it wont ever be group pvp viable because its a melee weapon without AoE CC or AoE damage outside of bloodletter. Why do you think only people use Clarent Blades for sword line right now? Cause it has a massive AoE damage and that's it. No other sword line weapons are used seriously in group pvp.

At the moment daggers are not a "gank weapon". All spear line is good for ganking. Quarterstaff line is good for ganking, espacially double bladed. Even claymore is decent because it has some CC.

I see tons of people of people using bloodletters in blackzones ganking also...

Lol the fact that you referenced claymore shows me that you don't actually gank very often. Claymore has no CC unless you have heroic charge stacks, which to get you need to get in melee range to hit the target first which never happens since it's only gap closing skill is that "cc". Now, after the patch swords will have an actual cc.

Yes it's a ganking skill for claws users. That's pretty much it

Yes you better fuckin believe solo ganking is shit for it. But it's pretty fuckin awesome for group ganking.

For starters almost nobody solo ganks anymore, it's always in groups, so being able to root a target from 22m away is HUGE, especially if the target is off their mount gathering and you teleport 22m to them and just auto them once and POOF there goes their mount.

• Zavage schrieb:

Ok below you referenced claymore but this literally applies to claymore as well or any other class that uses a root for cc... so invalid...

Wait wait...you just made my point, you just stated it needs to be long enough for you to completely burst your target..AKA you want it to be broken as fuck and last long enough to completely burst a target.

You have big problems with reading comprehension.

In that case I want a 12 second ranged stun(unaffected by cc resist) on swords so that I have time to run to my target, stack heroic charge 3 times and then use my E to be able to burst my target.
      Your E doesn't have a casttime. You can keep charged @3 at all times. Dagger pair has a 5 seconds attack window.

Be freakin grateful daggers at least have the ability to free stack their stack ability.
      That's all daggers' Q does. Stack charges. Besides spears do it too. And they have much more than that.
      Do you even understand that using assassin spirit means using a debuff stronger than armor piercer on yourself?

1. quite a few melee skills with a cast time.. quarterstaffs, hammers, maces all have abilities with a cast time
      NOW what I WOULD say they could do for slit throat is make the target once again rooted for the duration of said cast time, this way you have a better chance at landing the ability. Would also give it more utility when ganking in groups being able to root a target twice in a row gives people a lot of time

Quarterstaffs? The one that pushes anyone willing to interrupt away?
      Hammers? Which can stun you before they use this attack, plus it's AoE?
      Dagger pair has no way to keep their target CCd before they use ST. ST is also the only source of it's damage, unlike other weapons. Daggers don't have stuns every 5 attacks or stuns, or anything, unlike quarterstaffs and maces/hammers.

2. It is very much so a viable alternative to dash, assuming you don't suck at aiming skillshots, if you suck at skillshots then tough luck buttercup
      It's not. Dash is ten times better. It allows you to dodge AoEs, it helps you run away without a need to have allies nearby, it doesn't require you to actually hit the target.

Lol no it wont ever be group pvp viable because its a melee weapon without AoE CC or AoE damage outside of bloodletter. Why do you think only people use Clarent Blades for sword line right now? Cause it has a massive AoE damage and that's it. No other sword line weapons are used seriously in group pvp
      So give it some of those, what's the problem?

I see tons of people of people using bloodletters in blackzones ganking also...
      Lol the fact that you referenced claymore shows me that you don't actually gank very often. Claymore has no CC unless you have heroic charge stacks, which to get you need to get in melee range to hit the target first which never happens since it's only gap closing skill is that "cc". Now, after the patch swords will have an actual cc.

Use wanderlust, poison potion, run up to the target, stack your charges. You can check my killboard anytime to see how much I gank if you need to know. And bloodletter is only one artifact weapon from the tree. And I talk more about dagger pair, but most of my points can be applied to the other weapons of this tree aswell.

Yes you better fuckin believe solo ganking is shit for it. But it's pretty fuckin awesome for group ganking.
      For starters almost nobody solo ganks anymore, it's always in groups, so being able to root a target from 22m away is HUGE, especially if the target is off their mount gathering and you teleport 22m to them and just auto them once and POOF there goes their mount.

"Nobody solo ganks anymore" is not an argument, it's a game designer's mistake. And yes, it can be awesome for group ganking. With claws.

• Frostfire2k schrieb:

You'll need mana pots which you shouldnt use as a ganker ever.
      LOL is this a fact? I will use mana pots, because it will give me kills and versatility

Frostfire2k schrieb:

It also has twice the cd of dash, i can keep up or outrun someone whos running shadow edge if i have dash.
      Not if you're dead... and its not like the ganker cant use something else to purge off escape skills or use sticky pot...unless he is braindead

Frostfire2k schrieb:

I'll also be able to turn around and kill them since they wasted all their mana.
      And thats why I will have mana pots to surprise you...

"git gud"
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Mining T8 in enemy WT solo
    • It should just be brought into par with the Spirithunter's E. It brings you to the target, which puts you in danger by potentionally putting you out of position, where the Spirithunter puts someone else out of position. Thus it is already balanced.

1s is way too low. Base should be 3s. (Note: base is not scaled) I believe this is where the SH is right now.
    • Dethcord schrieb:

Zavage schrieb:

You have big problems with reading comprehension.

You have big problems using your brain to play the game.

Your E doesn't have a casttime. You can keep charged @3 at all times. Dagger pair has a 5 seconds attack window.

See above statement. "Keep charged at 3 stacks at all times"...have you even played the sword line? Like...at all? GETTING to 3 stacks, let alone KEEPING 3 stacks to WAIT for a window to use your E is ANYTHING BUT simple. It is one of the most difficult things to do considering the lack of mobility the class has.

That's all daggers' Q does. Stack charges. Besides spears do it too. And they have much more than that.
      Do you even understand that using assassin spirit means using a debuff stronger than armor piercer on yourself?

Do you even understand how many claymore/carving/dual sword users would love to be able to pre-stack???

Quarterstaffs? The one that pushes anyone willing to interrupt away?
      no the slam ability, jesus, know the weapon lines.

Hammers? Which can stun you before they use this attack, plus it's AoE?
      Not all hammers have a stun besides the passive, which is 1 second BEFORE cc resistance so actually LESS than 1 second. Just cause Polehammers and Greathammers can do this doesn't mean all hammers can.

Dagger pair has no way to keep their target CCd before they use ST. ST is also the only source of it's damage, unlike other weapons. Daggers don't have stuns every 5 attacks or stuns, or anything, unlike quarterstaffs and maces/hammers.

they're giving you a CC, you ambush, SE, ST, target loses over half their health in 1 ability. Literally tested it on the test server lol. Get good ffs.

I will confess dagger lines Q ability does in fact consume way to much energy compared to other weapons.

It's not. Dash is ten times better. It allows you to dodge AoEs, it helps you run away without a need to have allies nearby, it doesn't require you to actually hit the target.

Sigh... *shadow edge to a mob far away, ambush, mob leashes back into pursuers, make your escape* Again, don't suck. Dash is good for simple minded players, Shadow Edge is going to shine in the hands of people capable of actually outplaying and maneuvering.

So give it some of those, what's the problem?

.....whats the problem with giving daggers AoE damage ..... like....what? Are you an idiot? Daggers are never designed to be an AoE weapon in any game.. Give daggers an AoE ability and then what purpose would swords serve? or axes? You cant make every weapon do the same thing just cause you don't like how your weapon works.

Use wanderlust, poison potion, run up to the target, stack your charges. You can check my killboard anytime to see how much I gank if you need to know. And bloodletter is only one artifact weapon from the tree. And I talk more about dagger pair, but most of my points can be applied to the other weapons of this tree aswell.

???? Bloodletter is only 1 weapon from the tree... Cool so are double bladed quarterstaffs, so are clarent blades, so are Carrion Callers... There's lots of weapon tree's that only have 1 weapon that's truly used for anything. DAGGER line actually has 2 weapons that excel at open world ganking. Bloodletter and claws, and soon shadow edge will make all of the dagger line be good for it, chasing someone down with wanderlust and rooting them from 22m away is HUGE.

"Nobody solo ganks anymore" is not an argument, it's a game designer's mistake. And yes, it can be awesome for group ganking. With claws.

Not really a game designer mistake. Just cause people travel in pairs/parties isn't the developers fault...it's people being smart, hurrr durr sorry your solo ganking doesn't work cause theirs multiple people.

Solo ganking IS going to be more viable in the patch since you will be able to make peoples mounts dissapear...AGAIN... ambush...SE, ST, targets gonna lose a MASSIVE amount of health AND their mount is going to go away and go on a 30 second CD, now you pop wanderlust and stick to the asshole. Like jesus man think more open minded. All you dagger lines want a CC ability that gives you enough time to 100-0 the target, greedy fuckers.

• Zavage schrieb:

You have big problems using your brain to play the game.

See above statement. "Keep charged at 3 stacks at all times"...have you even played the sword line? Like...at all? GETTING to 3 stacks, let alone KEEPING 3 stacks to WAIT for a window to use your E is ANYTHING BUT simple. It is one of the most difficult things to do considering the lack of mobility the class has.

It has a gapcloser. Same as daggers, some spears, some hammers, etc. Nothing unusual. But atleast when you get to the target you get a movement speed buff and when you get to 3 you can root with your charge, which will let you get a couple of charges while the target is rooted. Your E is instant gapcloser, it's not hard to use by any means.

Do you even understand how many claymore/carving/dual sword users would love to be able to pre-stack???
      Do you even understand how many dagger pair/claw/dagger users would love to be able to reliably teleport to their targets, nuking it and rooting at the same time???
      ST has a casttime, deal about the same burst damage spike like a damn charge. It's a bit less, but sword's Q is much better.

no the slam ability, jesus, know the weapon lines.
      So the one which is used after a stun for a guaranteed nuke?

Not all hammers have a stun besides the passive, which is 1 second BEFORE cc resistance so actually LESS than 1 second. Just cause Polehammers and Greathammers can do this doesn't mean all hammers can.
      But those can, right? And they can chose to pick another ability right? I can't.

they're giving you a CC, you ambush, SE, ST, target loses over half their health in 1 ability. Literally tested it on the test server lol. Get good ffs.
      You ambush, SE, targets uses ice block/block/retaliate/ambush whatever and you stack your shit for 12 seconds more. Only completely retarded people are not able to to that. Target loses half of it's hp only if it's full cloth, and if it does nothing to prevent it.

I will confess dagger lines Q ability does in fact consume way to much energy compared to other weapons.
      Not only this, they also deal less damage and are shit overall.

Sigh... *shadow edge to a mob far away, ambush, mob leashes back into pursuers, make your escape* Again, don't suck. Dash is good for simple minded players, Shadow Edge is going to shine in the hands of people capable of actually outplaying and maneuvering.
      And if there is no mobs? What then? And you can do the same with dashm how's SE better in this situation?

.....whats the problem with giving daggers AoE damage ..... like....what? Are you an idiot? Daggers are never designed to be an AoE weapon in any game.. Give daggers an AoE ability and then what purpose would swords serve? or axes? You cant make every weapon do the same thing just cause you don't like how your weapon works.
      Well daggers are never designed to have a casstime on their burst ability either, so what? It can be CC, it can be some debuffing throwing shit or whatever else. And you accusations of me being bad seem hilarious, why are you trying so hard to insult me instead of presenting legitimate arguments?

???? Bloodletter is only 1 weapon from the tree... Cool so are double bladed quarterstaffs, so are clarent blades, so are Carrion Callers... There's lots of weapon tree's that only have 1 weapon that's truly used for anything. DAGGER line actually has 2 weapons that excel at open world ganking. Bloodletter and claws, and soon shadow edge will make all of the dagger line be good for it, chasing someone down with wanderlust and rooting them from 22m away is HUGE.
      One handed axe and halberd still works. Claymore still works. Simple 1h sword works. Most quarterstaffs work.

Not really a game designer mistake. Just cause people travel in pairs/parties isn't the developers fault...it's people being smart, hurrr durr sorry your solo ganking doesn't work cause theirs multiple people.

Solo ganking IS going to be more viable in the patch since you will be able to make peoples mounts dissapear...AGAIN... ambush...SE, ST, targets gonna lose a MASSIVE amount of health AND their mount is going to go away and go on a 30 second CD, now you pop wanderlust and stick to the asshole. Like jesus man think more open minded. All you dagger lines want a CC ability that gives you enough time to 100-0 the target, greedy fuckers.
      Offscreen vision is much longer than distance you can travel with ambush unnoticed+SE range. All you need is to pay attention. Besides, mount should actually disappear as soon as player does anything but walking around and maybe looting.

• On a T6 double bladed staff, Stun Run "stuns" not roots the enemy for 5.86s for an auto attack, as opposed to the shadow edge skillshot which roots for 3.15s.

Shadow Edge
      The enemy will be rooted for 3.15s.

Energy Cost: 38
      Cast time: instant
      Range: 22
      Cooldown: 20s

Dash
      Dashes towards the targeted area.

Energy Cost: 24.02
      Range: 11m
      Cooldown: 10s

The cooldown for Shadow Edge seems too long, the root duration seems too short, and the energy cost seems too high for the short duration of the root.

Shadow edge loses a lot of escape if run solo as well.
    • Gaheris schrieb:

On a T6 double bladed staff, Stun Run "stuns" not roots the enemy for 5.86s for an auto attack, as opposed to the shadow edge skillshot which roots for 3.15s.

Shadow Edge

Dash

The cooldown for Shadow Edge seems too long, the root duration seems too short, and the energy cost seems too high for the short duration of the root.

That's why I don't understand why they made it for mastery 70, since it's not that good.
      wadup fam
    • EmptyPillow schrieb:

Gaheris schrieb:

On a T6 double bladed staff, Stun Run "stuns" not roots the enemy for 5.86s for an auto attack, as opposed to the shadow edge skillshot which roots for 3.15s.

Shadow Edge

Dash

That's why I don't understand why they made it for mastery 70, since it's not that good.

Infiltrate is a damn near worthless skill and it comes at 40, who expects a level 70 skill to be much better?

You have to invest so much time into the dagger line just to find out the later skills suck. I guess looking at the Q's should be a strong indicator, but whatever.
    • Dethcord schrieb:

I don't get why where are no energy consumption reduction, no infiltration buff, no Q buffs, all those are obvious weak spots in which daggers are completely irrelevant to any other weapon both in theory and in practice. The new ability has no uses outside of ganking with claws.
      Because "dAgGeRs ArE a GaNkInG wEaPoN!", duh. Why would they fix any glaring issues on a weapon set that everyone loves to hate! This whole thread is complaints about a single weapon in a skill line's E (slit throat). Like as if everyone using daggers runs dual daggers. I've seen all of two in the last few months and one of them was a brand new player.

How do you actually get feedback to devs? I wonder if any of the NDA testers use daggers extensively...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Meanie ()