Small change that could improve situation with low level item crafting

• Small change that could improve situation with low level item crafting

Hello community!

What do you think about removing dependency between resources of different tier and add it to items instead. Basically, if you want to craft piece of t5 armor you need to have t4 armor piece (to craft t5.1 armor you will need to have t4.1, and crafting t5 artifact armor will require t4 artifact armor, resources and t5 artifact). This will create demand on all items and all resources tiers at the same time.

Going forward with this idea, we can say that quality of lower tier item can affect quality of higher tier item. For example crafting t5 armor piece from t4 outstanding quality will have 20% more chance to be outstanding as well.

Sorry for my English... :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by lvkae ().

• I like this idea. It seems that new players have no outlet to start crafting, more or less get ahead. Those of us who founded had the benefit of the ability to craft 100 T4 anything and have them sell by the next day. New players don't have the ability, and it's getting worse.

It is more profitable to sell unrefined mats than it is to craft. It's because of people like me. I mine a ton of 4.1 ore. I refine it, I make 200 soldier boots, list them for 800 and put a buy order in for 1k at 799. Then I study what I buy.

This wouldn't have worked at launch because those boots would have sold instantly. Now, the order expires in 7 days and there are still boots left.

By requiring 4.1 boots to make 5.1 boots, you're moving the market.

To refine 5.1 ore, you should just require 5.1 ore and T3 bars. This will make blue zones relevant as well as drive down the cost of ore.
  • this would make an issue with gathering/crafters vs those who dont like the grind, if you do what youre suggesting then the cost of items would rise while the cost of mats would decrease, this would ruin the silver low tier players can make selling their mats and simultaneously make it harder for non gatherer crafters to get the gear they need. especially with artifact gear, if you need the previous gear to craft the next tier then youd have to add the cost of both gears to the final product, if tier 4 gear costs 1 million, and tier 5 costs 3 million in the current market, then with this new dependency the tier 5 gear would cost 4-5 million.
  • keife191 wrote:

this would make an issue with gathering/crafters vs those who dont like the grind, if you do what youre suggesting then the cost of items would rise while the cost of mats would decrease, this would ruin the silver low tier players can make selling their mats and simultaneously make it harder for non gatherer crafters to get the gear they need. especially with artifact gear, if you need the previous gear to craft the next tier then youd have to add the cost of both gears to the final product, if tier 4 gear costs 1 million, and tier 5 costs 3 million in the current market, then with this new dependency the tier 5 gear would cost 4-5 million.
    No way. It would equal out. I feel, in the long run, it would drive down the cost of everything.

Secondly. Why would T4 ever cost 1 million silver?

You're talking about maybe a 5k-20k silver increase for 6.1 IF mat prices stay the same. Which they won't, because you're removing the additional cost associated with the mats, which is really what's driving the prices up right now.
  • well speaking for myself, the artifact helm i had my eye on is selling for 900K at tier 4. regular gear doesnt get that costly until tier 5+ but youd see the same effect for those too.

it takes 8 iron bars to make tier 4 helmet, thats 16 iron ore and 8 tin ore, with your new equation it would take 16 tin and a tier 2 helm which = 16 copper ore, to make a tier 3 helm and then 16 iron and that new tier 3 helm which =16 tin, youre causing the mats to inflate and make it more costly to get higher tier gear.
  • keife191 wrote:

well speaking for myself, the artifact helm i had my eye on is selling for 900K at tier 4. regular gear doesnt get that costly until tier 5+ but youd see the same effect for those too.

it takes 8 iron bars to make tier 4 helmet, thats 16 iron ore and 8 tin ore, with your new equation it would take 16 tin and a tier 2 helm which = 16 copper ore, to make a tier 3 helm and then 16 iron and that new tier 3 helm which =16 tin, youre causing the mats to inflate and make it more costly to get higher tier gear.
    I think it should start at 4. Nothing below that because gear can't align that low.