Update Joseph Coming September 27

• I'm okay with the idea of Arenas as it's extremely difficult to practice 5v5 content and I think this'll be useful and important. That said, more instanced PvE content is a very bad idea and this is a terrible direction to take this game.

You have a great idea here with one of the first, intelligent professional looking Sandbox Full Loot MMORPGs in the market since UO. Don't add instanced dungeons to it. And whatever you do, don't add Mythic Dungeons - er, Mythic Expeditions. Hard, challenging and rewarding content you don't even need to leave Caerleon for... really guys? Really?

Don't fall into the trap of doing what every failed MMO in the last 12 years has tried to do. Don't try to Out-WoW WoW... you're not even going to come close to succeeding.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• RockLobster schrieb:

I'm okay with the idea of Arenas as it's extremely difficult to practice 5v5 content and I think this'll be useful and important. That said, more instanced PvE content is a very bad idea and this is a terrible direction to take this game.

You have a great idea here with one of the first, intelligent professional looking Sandbox Full Loot MMORPGs in the market since UO. Don't add instanced dungeons to it. And whatever you do, don't add Mythic Dungeons - er, Mythic Expeditions. Hard, challenging and rewarding content you don't even need to leave Caerleon for... really guys? Really?

Don't fall into the trap of doing what every failed MMO in the last 12 years has tried to do. Don't try to Out-WoW WoW... you're not even going to come close to succeeding.
      This right here. they need more open world content. Multi entrance dungeons like the underway but filled with mobs with entrances from different zones, as we had back in beta. We need things like this. Open world content is what we need from the devs and so far they are falling flat. I agree the arena's will have their purpose but after this, they need to only add open world content and stop with this instanced stuff. You made a big open world, fill it up please.
    • I hope health bar of mobs/monsters will be now draw ? :D But it look like a nice update :) . Expeditions are nice for thoses who dont want or dont have time to run dungeons (or if they are too much crowded, but it's not happening a lot since holidays are off :D :D).
      Just somes loots for everyone on bosses can be nice :) (to reshape a bit the auctions of little towns around carleone with little guilds, or also learning in craft).

Making both instance & open world is nice, you talk about WoW but what killed WoW is the community ^_^.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Meliandah ()

• Cramit845 schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

I'm okay with the idea of Arenas as it's extremely difficult to practice 5v5 content and I think this'll be useful and important. That said, more instanced PvE content is a very bad idea and this is a terrible direction to take this game.

This right here. they need more open world content. Multi entrance dungeons like the underway but filled with mobs with entrances from different zones, as we had back in beta. We need things like this. Open world content is what we need from the devs and so far they are falling flat. I agree the arena's will have their purpose but after this, they need to only add open world content and stop with this instanced stuff. You made a big open world, fill it up please
      Where do you guys see big open world in albion online? :D Last time i logged in world was instanced divided to different maps.
    • TOSSOT schrieb:

Cramit845 schrieb:

RockLobster schrieb:

This right here. they need more open world content. Multi entrance dungeons like the underway but filled with mobs with entrances from different zones, as we had back in beta. We need things like this. Open world content is what we need from the devs and so far they are falling flat. I agree the arena's will have their purpose but after this, they need to only add open world content and stop with this instanced stuff. You made a big open world, fill it up please
      Where do you guys see big open world in albion online? :D Last time i logged in world was instanced divided to different maps.
      Well each map is not a personal instance, so yea, it's open world but I enjoyed the tongue and cheek. I can accept the same size zones and all that but they definitely need more in those zones for sure.
    • I think of the map in this way too....instances are limited to a very specific number of players and teams. Non instances in this game are maps/tiles that anyone can enter. so the open world would therefore be the main map and open world dungeons the dungeon on said map......even still there is no longer a big open world. Its tiny now and linear. No more vast and explorable.
    • A few things about the is "expeditions nerf" people are crying about

It is nice to have mechanic in the game to go farm fame when grouping up is not an available.

Case in point: Before NA Prime time in my guild is in down time and I am unable to go FF, so spending an-hour or so doing expeditions is great.

Another issue is during prime time, mostly on Weekends Dugs and way to full to FF, so doing some expeditions will you wait for the dugs to die down is great. So expeditions become the better FF to do

So I understand why people fell that you should have a mechanic be nerfed because some people use them.

Fastest expeditions I did was in 11 mins. The whole issue was doing them in 5mins. This has been taken care of. No need to nerf the fame in expeditions.

I would love to farm open world Dugs, but the devs need add more of them and many levels to existing dugs in the game.
    • hajee schrieb:

A few things about the is "expeditions nerf" people are crying about

It is nice to have mechanic in the game to go farm fame when grouping up is not an available.

Case in point: Before NA Prime time in my guild is in down time and I am unable to go FF, so spending an-hour or so doing expeditions is great.

Another issue is during prime time, mostly on Weekends Dugs and way to full to FF, so doing some expeditions will you wait for the dugs to die down is great. So expeditions become the better FF to do

So I understand why people fell that you should have a mechanic be nerfed because some people use them.

Fastest expeditions I did was in 11 mins. The whole issue was doing them in 5mins. This has been taken care of. No need to nerf the fame in expeditions.

I would love to farm open world Dugs, but the devs need add more of them and many levels to existing dugs in the game.
      i am with this too, expedition overuse is symptom not the cause. Its a nice alternative to being social 1 or 2 times a day, but i hate that it is the most consistent fame. open world is too small (dont get the people saying BZ is dead).
    • Meliandah schrieb:

I hope health bar of mobs/monsters will be now draw ? :D But it look like a nice update :) . Expeditions are nice for thoses who dont want or dont have time to run dungeons (or if they are too much crowded, but it's not happening a lot since holidays are off :D :D).
      Just somes loots for everyone on bosses can be nice :) (to reshape a bit the auctions of little towns around carleone with little guilds, or also learning in craft).

Making both instance & open world is nice, you talk about WoW but what killed WoW is the community ^_^.
      Wow died because of degrading from MMORPG into session-based game where open world became obsolete.
    • Dethcord schrieb:

Wow died because of degrading from MMORPG into session-based game where open world became obsolete.
      LoL ?? I was one of the 1st level 60 at the launch of WoW and it was session-based since the start -_- but with HUGE & HARD PvE Dungeons with like 10 Bosses and 7 days to kill them all with 40 peoples.... It became degraded because of whinners who asked to down RAID to 25 and more because of lack of skill... community. It always was a Session-Based( Instance dungeon is easier to understand for everyone) with few World Boss like we already have in Albion.
      Now some friends say me they do dungeons in WoW for 10 with only 2 or 3 peoples... So it say all ^^ But it's the path WoW chose to take, there was a E-Sport potential with big PvP 40v40 with siege/castle fights, but it was gone fast to make a more popular/easy game for lot of peoples, like last time i tried the skill tree was gone & etc... casual & easy game now, ,no more challenge on it.
      I remember when the native Millenium wiped 2786 times to kill the last Boss of a new Instance for 40 people RAID, it was the good challenge time ^_^.

Making big T7-T8 armors set with synergies in Albion in low drop rate or 1 piece by 1 in Big dungeon like it was can be a good idea. Not everyone will have them to defend/attack territories and you can still lose them anytimes ^^

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von Meliandah ()