Update Joseph Coming September 27

• Most sounds YAY amazing!

BUT
      "
      Your mount will now despawn if you are attacked by another player while you are temporarily dismounted (i.e. you are not on your mount, but it is still present in the world)
      "
      Is SOOO stupid! - If you want to gather in a pvp zone, GOT to take a armored horse or you 'guess' your not going to be over encumbered?!!
      If the problem is a solo gather can 'get away'. There got to be a better way that's not 'can't move, just die'. (Really feels like a twitch jerk reaction to something in vacuum that really stuffs many other things with a band aid fix)

Biggest UI fix craved is still SHOW HOTS/BUFFS on Name Plates. (Ta for monster health bars tho!)

Druid heal stuff. - You what?!! Isn't the 'issue' that 1v1 they don't die easy. The jokes are 'Leather Druid healer, the team is dead but they immortal'.
      So slight buff to 'own heals' and nerf to group heals... More hots to 'manage' that you can't see till selecting person... WHAT?!!

Also the offhand. Reduced regen + More starting mana, and the huge buff to mana pots... Longer CD on Circle of Inspiration... I guess that adds a bit of 'skilled play' and makes consuming pots a more important 'thing' now... But I think I would have prefer to have been training a shield instead as a cloth healer now.
      Idk, it felt 'good' with the offhand regen, to have 'panic times' then a bit of 'quiet relaxed heal' and be 'fine'. The biggest 'stress' is the 'fun times' when there's not 'brakes between combat' waiting around for pplz to 'mana up'. Esp with PvE content, having a 'overly brave' group that keeps pulling and making mess after chain mess, been a blast!

Expeditions - yay more...
      'eh' on T4 nerf.
      BAH on Gear Cap. (It's been fun to get new players into dungy easily with a promise of don't worry I can carry the group)
      BAH on gear cap and no higher tier expo's...
    • I really like this update, its very exciting. I keep getting stuck on the Mount issue though, it seems to be quite a thing for everyone. In the new update i see my worst mount worries coming true haha and it just seems that there is this need to get a guaranteed kill, which seems a bit unskilled to me. The fact that you never know the amount of people you are going to be attacked by makes this fairly unfair or fair during a dismount, that being said it is supposed to be hardcore so its just the risk you take going out into the world to do whatever it is you are into. I have been dismounted so many times over the past with various mounts and i can tell you there are some pretty smart teams out there that make it a rush, you know those heart pounding moments when you are being hunted. but once i got dismounted and killed i felt good about it and that it was just and earned through good tactic's and skill's on my enemies part. Getting insta dismounted and killed by 10 dudes, that kinda hits hard and feels wrong in your gut instinct ( feels bad man ) The gatherers are going to be hit hardest and most disappointed by the new changes, they wont stand a chance, Ox's may become as useful as T1 Stone now. Here are some ideas that could work, no one has to like them its just something to think about.

1: Make mounts the only non lootable item in the game and you get insta dismounted apon DMG you take, with no cooldown on spells so you can defend yourself with immediate effect as those on ground will not be on a cooldown ( Seems fair ) Reasons for Non Lootable ( The time is takes to make higher Tier Mounts and cost ) the mounts are really cool and would be nice to have these creatures that cause so much discomfort to players not an issue anymore.

2: Or make it that when you are on a mount and a player attacks you the damage goes directly to you char and not to the mount making it viable to dismount and defend yourself or keep getting shot in the back ( Same as being on foot with the never run from your enemies mentality)

3: Or make mounted combat that you still get full use of your skills if not new mounted combat skills while riding your mount and the damage for mounted combat goes to directly to the mount during. At least this way a mounted party can give chase and be on an equal level of combat.

I am sure there are many other ideas and counter ideas but this is my thoughts on mounts. Mounts are awesome but there must be some kind of happy medium that doesn't see one party losing out so severely.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Radvic ()

• *yawn*

Not impressed at all.
      Too much focus on PvP overall. If you want to stand out as an open world mmorpg with a player driven economy, then try to implement some changes into the crafting system, gathering, plot ownership, towns, auction house, professions whatever...you have alot you can improve there.

And yes i know alot of people play this game because of the PvP and i suppose it's right to focus on their "needs", but it feels like you are trying to compete with WoW in these terms. Why not branch out on your original aspects of the game, instead of becoming another forgotten WoW clone on MMORPG.com.

EDIT:

Sorry i suppose i should come with some proper suggestions.
      The outer towns are dying, because you decided to centralise everything to Caerleon. If you want to make a change to the economy and lifeline of your game, make the outer cities count for more.
      How about you move out your portals to the outer cities instead? Make people only able to travel to certain parts of the Black Zone from the outer cities, and in that way tie the Black Zones progression to the progression with the outer cities. People living in for example the West parts of one continent would be tied to a portal in say Bridgewatch. Making the auction house in Bridgewatch and the new players and the economy there more tied together.

If i was able to i would NUKE Caerleon it's one of the worst changes you guys made to the game.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Castille ()

• Bweaty schrieb:

"
      Your mount will now despawn if you are attacked by another player while you are temporarily dismounted (i.e. you are not on your mount, but it is still present in the world)
      "
      Is SOOO stupid! - If you want to gather in a pvp zone, GOT to take a armored horse or you 'guess' your not going to be over encumbered?!!
      If the problem is a solo gather can 'get away'. There got to be a better way that's not 'can't move, just die'. (Really feels like a twitch jerk reaction to something in vacuum that really stuffs many other things with a band aid fix)

This is a pretty good compromise if you ask me. You are entirely ignoring the fact that the mount ONLY despawns, IF you take damage. A vigilant gatherer will hop on their horse the second a name tag appears, and always keep their mount nearby and ready to go.

On the other hand, there is now that VERY small chance of a solo pker/Pker's, getting a hit off on you before you can mount up. Whereas before all you had to do was jump on your mount and ride off to safety. If a good group wanted you dead, you would be dead on your mount or not in most cases. This add's a little, much needed buff for the solo/small group PK'ers.

Castille schrieb:

Sorry i suppose i should come with some proper suggestions.
      The outer towns are dying, because you decided to centralise everything to Caerleon. If you want to make a change to the economy and lifeline of your game, make the outer cities count for more.
      How about you move out your portals to the outer cities instead? Make people only able to travel to certain parts of the Black Zone from the outer cities, and in that way tie the Black Zones progression to the progression with the outer cities. People living in for example the West parts of one continent would be tied to a portal in say Bridgewatch. Making the auction house in Bridgewatch and the new players and the economy there more tied together.

If i was able to i would NUKE Caerleon it's one of the worst changes you guys made to the game.

I approve of this. Seems like a valid suggestion indeed. Spreading out the portals like this would also help to relieve the stress on the Caerleon Servers immensely. ( @Korn No matter how you look at it, a new player seeing "Region overpopulated", is never a good sight to see here. It ruins game immersion to not see the other players you are gaming with. (Caerleon is ALWAYS either overpopulated, or very nearly so, leaving loading of players to look like a yellow and skinless dude)

Spreading out the portals to the blackzones across the map would benefit everyone, including spreading out people in the blackzone itself.

Please consider.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Rigan ()

• Iam afraid that arenas came, will decrase open world pvp even more. No its hard to find anyone in red zones. Even Pk are in shortage. Most towns besides Carelon has significant lose of population which starts problem with economy flow. Other ideas in patch seems nice, even new expedition which i hate, because i can play only once each day. More makes me headache. Please do more treasure sites, in red/yellow/black zones. Maybe in yellow zones players should lost more silver which would be a reward for stun.

Please encourage more players to do
      more activietes in red/black zones.

Quellcode

1. Mob chests:
      2. Reduced respawn time from ~2.5 hours to ~15 minutes
      3. Reduced chest silver amounts by 25%
      Wow this is huge thanks!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Marquiz ()

• Rigan schrieb:

This is a pretty good compromise if you ask me. You are entirely ignoring the fact that the mount ONLY despawns, IF you take damage. A vigilant gatherer will hop on their horse the second a name tag appears, and always keep their mount nearby and ready to go.

This is actually bullshit. GG solo gathering in BZ's. In the evening you can't actually gather because there are that many gankers.

Current meta - get gathering gear, sneak and 1hit gatherer - wait for your friend, gg. Superskilled game ftw.

Albion: Arena only.
      • Expeditions now have a gear cap dependent on tier.
      What the hell....... we already have caps in the world-map which is ridiculous to begin with but now even in PVE only content.

What is the point on me spending hours a day to improve my gear just for you to patch it out of being useful !!!!

If this comes in I am out, was mad as hell when I saw the Cluster-Reduction bullcrap in the worldmap, but this is even worst.
    • Rigan schrieb:

Sounds great!

But...

I too would like to see more open world content. Big gripe of mine is not enough farmable locations for mobs, why is there loads of maps with 100's of animals and no humanoid figure camps for me to kill mindlessly? only ones are in chest camps mainly. This reason alone leads me to do expeditions more than I want to.

seems daft.
      You can solo farm humanoids above the blue dungeons and inside the green dungeons.
      I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
    • glokz schrieb:

Rigan schrieb:

This is actually bullshit. GG solo gathering in BZ's. In the evening you can't actually gather because there are that many gankers.
      Current meta - get gathering gear, sneak and 1hit gatherer - wait for your friend, gg. Superskilled game ftw.

Albion: Arena only.

how are you killing gatherer with bloodletter mistcaller invis, invis potion, wanderlust with your friend without fiends cowl hm
    • Neu

@Rigan

Yeah, it's a big plus for a 'solo ganker/pk'er'. But it's not the elegant solution for all.

Talking to others, the main reason they hate going BZ for gather, is... Gate Gankers. 0 risk, anything scary comes they just zip inside and are safe. Ok chance to CC lock ya and kill ya for all ya goods on the way past.

There's a 'BZ are dead, there's no one to gank' so adding more 'frustration' to going as well as Arena PvP combat is going to make it even less inspiring for anyone to bother.

This kinda means, there's only 1 'choice' of mount for gather in BZ. Cheapest Armored.

As ya say, most gather going to be strait on there mount, and this doesn't 'help' a solo PvP'er dismount someone.
      Just adds a extra 'bahh' to getting inspired to go gather in a BZ.

Adding mount sprint if not taking damage, was a elegant solution, much better than double speed on roads.

I'm sure they could work out something more along the lines of, lower the dismount armor on a mount, but have huge diminishing returns per different player hitting the same mounted player in last 10 sec. Or something more 'help the solo, make the group gank less painful'

I'm also even more 'bahh' over Nature healer changes.
      The 'issue' I people say, is Nat is too strong to kill, esp 1v1, and not good enough at keeping team/party up.
      So weakening party heals, inc mana issues massively, and making there self heals a little stronger isn't the way I'd like to see that fixed.

I also loved the idea of Nature heals, being more 'sustain', not being as big burst & OOM.
      WAY more mana cost, bigger heals, longer CDs, more burst...
      I might as well have gone for Holy with a Shield... At least I wouldn't have the headake of trying to work out who's go what HOTS with NO UI except click them and check...

I am very excited for Arena PvP, Smart Casting stuff, more Expo's etc.
      Even the mana pot changes, makes me much more inspired to use them!
    • Neu

Insomnihack schrieb:

• Expeditions now have a gear cap dependent on tier.
      What the hell....... we already have caps in the world-map which is ridiculous to begin with but now even in PVE only content.

What is the point on me spending hours a day to improve my gear just for you to patch it out of being useful !!!!

If this comes in I am out, was mad as hell when I saw the Cluster-Reduction bullcrap in the worldmap, but this is even worst.
      Without the gear cap on expeditions people will be able to use 7.3/8.3 and run through them in 5-7 mins. If that is the case then you'll be able to get more fame than going out in open world which was not the original plan for expeditions. They are suppose to be a safe place to gain fame but be significantly lower than going to open world dungeons.

Look at this thread for reasons why it should be nerfed.