Please allow fame farm in arena

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• There seems to be a lot of you that are pissed randoms aren't roaming through your black zones enough to gank. There is plenty of activity in Yellow Zones. YHG there are tons fo fights, capped, and yellow siege camps are always a hotbed of activity.

The reason why people don't participate that often in black zones... is because you're normally competeing against superior gear/destiny board. Everyone else is trying to catch up. Have fun. Not run around donating gear to zerg guilds or guilds that exploited all the fame advantages early.
    • Graveldog schrieb:

Dulu schrieb:

Nerf the fame in yellow HG's.

Buff the fame in Red/Black HG's.
      Yeah, except... no. There are plenty of us who are still trying to get up to 100/100 and did not get to exploit all the chests and beta secrets to get ahead of the curve. We still need a way to skill up to competitive levels without having to go get new gear ALL the time.
      Like I told you before. If you want more FIGHTS then head to yellow zone hellgates. there's generally TONS of fights to be had. But what it looks like you're looking for is newbs to farm for personal gain. So yeah... no.
      You don't need 100/100 to be competitive.

My group literally started joining red/black HGs as soon as we hit t5 gear. We had zero specialization. Our specs are still around 50-60 at this point and we're winning most of the time. Your issue might be that you go out there and you blame your loss on the fact that you don't have 100/100 in your specs instead of trying to find out what the other team did better than you did.
    • Graveldog schrieb:

Yeah, except... no. There are plenty of us who are still trying to get up to 100/100 and did not get to exploit all the chests and beta secrets to get ahead of the curve. We still need a way to skill up to competitive levels without having to go get new gear ALL the time.

Like I told you before. If you want more FIGHTS then head to yellow zone hellgates. there's generally TONS of fights to be had. But what it looks like you're looking for is newbs to farm for personal gain. So yeah... no.
      hell no...

PVP arena is supposed to be "choice" driven - where chosing to stay in it all day = forfeiting getting fame through other (PVE) activities. Therefore there will be no fame in the PVP arena.

Otherwise you'll just pigeonhole everyone into doing PVP in a 5v5 environment, AND get fame - whats the point of playing the rest of Albion?

Might as well make a lobby and making into a bad DOTA clone...

Graveldog schrieb:

Except, you can't earn silver/gear in arena. So people will still need to go out and fight for gear/reources/runes/sigils money.
      Ugh, but why do you need silver if you dont drop any gear in the Arena? You could swipe plastic for the sub (but u don't even need a sub to play arena LOL!) unless they restrict Arena to "premium Only" - actually Im gonna go and suggest that.

sorry - but this is worst idea ever, its anti-sandbox

@Korn hope you read this ;)
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP
    • Graveldog schrieb:

There seems to be a lot of you that are pissed randoms aren't roaming through your black zones enough to gank. There is plenty of activity in Yellow Zones. YHG there are tons fo fights, capped, and yellow siege camps are always a hotbed of activity.

The reason why people don't participate that often in black zones... is because you're normally competeing against superior gear/destiny board. Everyone else is trying to catch up. Have fun. Not run around donating gear to zerg guilds or guilds that exploited all the fame advantages early.
      Yes. There is a reason why people are not going to BZ and the reason is that it is simply not fun to get ganked by superior geared and/or numbers. YHGs is fun because it is mostly evenly matched and even when it isn't, such as fighting outside of the HG, then atleast you don't lose your gear.

The devs need to realise that full loot gank PvP is only fun for the people doing the ganking.
    • Maybe you have to realize that your opinion is only based on a month of experience mr starter pack and you cant generalize your opinion for everybody. Full loot pvp is what this game was all about. The non full loot pvp zones only excist for people to have a training field and encourage them to go into full loot pvp zones. I could puke reading your post.
    • Mardonius schrieb:

Graveldog schrieb:

There seems to be a lot of you that are pissed randoms aren't roaming through your black zones enough to gank. There is plenty of activity in Yellow Zones. YHG there are tons fo fights, capped, and yellow siege camps are always a hotbed of activity.

Yes. There is a reason why people are not going to BZ and the reason is that it is simply not fun to get ganked by superior geared and/or numbers. YHGs is fun because it is mostly evenly matched and even when it isn't, such as fighting outside of the HG, then atleast you don't lose your gear.
      The devs need to realise that full loot gank PvP is only fun for the people doing the ganking.
      I gank and get ganked. Sometimes I have better gear, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I win against overwhelming odds, sometimes, well, I get killed when I shouldn't have.

It's part of the game and, for many of us who bought this game for what it was (supposed to be) about, it's great fun. Yall carebears remind me of kids who are afraid to learn how to swim.
    • @Korn

Arena's were the dumbest idea ever. We already had them they are called hellgates.

Adding fame to instances will keep the bulk majority of people from playing in the open world. Face it carebear if your ass is already stuck in expo's speed running all day and now bitching about arena's not giving fame/silver your not going to open world once u hit level 100 masterys.

*Masterys are good but u don't need max once you can get flat 6 you should be in red zones or black if you want to progress faster. (maybe even well before t6) Thats the secret exploit everyone's using, its called the dev's buffed fame for red/black to get more people to go play in the open world and limited yellow.

^ _ ^ Please lets not kill this game by adding more crap to get everyone to stand in town more, it already feels like a shitty version of dance dance revolution in carelon if you go next to the expo gate.....
    • @Finale What you need to realize is I've got more pvp, and more gaming experience than you do. I already dungeon and fame farm in black dungeons, red dungeons, and yhg. The problem is it's boring. It's incredibly boring. It's mind numbingly boring to run dungeons, and expeditions for fame farming. It's super boring. It's also not viable to run into RHG until your group of players is on par with your competitition gear / db wise.
    • Graveldog schrieb:

What you need to realize is I've got more pvp, and more gaming experience than you do.
      OK iam very impressed. Also on a sidenote i wasnt even talking about your stupid post in the first place. I was talking to this Mardonius guy that makes posts like this. Why full loot pvp is a major design flaw

Graveldog schrieb:

It's also not viable to run into RHG until your group of players is on par with your competitition gear / db wise.
      Sure just wait until you are ready. You are such a beast when it comes to experience. Talking about all the crazy pve you have done but you are not rdy for full loot pvp yet? :) Get out of my eyes please.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Finale ()

• Doubt this might happen, they already have fame for expedition which player are very tipsy about it...

I would guess arena will be made as self practice for player to get better at fighting a differential groups [not zerg]

I wonder if people would agree with it if they added fame to killing people out in the world with the addition to arena. In either way I don't see it coming [the fame in arena]
      Stacking: goo.gl/xPMhXU
      Profit after selling stacking: goo.gl/5nBohp
      My labourer houses : goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • xooEumaeos schrieb:

DeTukss schrieb:

...and if you give more importance to instanced fights, then this game is done..
      Disagree. No one is saying to make the arena the most efficient means of fame gain, but I think that this is actually a good idea.
      It would have to be done like this:
      1) Full Loot - If you are going to give fame this is a must
      2) Random Teams of 5 - So that queue synching and kill trading can't be a thing
      3) Gear Capped (for legitimate balance) - So new people actually can play and not get rolled by folks in end-game gear
      4) Fame/hr would have to be significantly lower than typical dungeon play through (on the order of 2/3 or less) - In order to keep folks in the OW
      5) Death Match or Annihilation game type rather than Conquest (which is what GvG is) - This limits the time that a team is together and makes for quick churning, thus preventing bad matchups from taking too long and limiting the impact that leavers would have on the play experience

If you do it this way, then you'd get:
      1) More people playing (and thus, more people in OW content)
      2) More people capable of skilled PvP
      3) A more entertaining pathway to fame up weapons/armor (though it would be slower)
      4) More people behind the gear curve catching up and getting viable for BZ content
      5) Adoration from people that saw the potential in this game but left because of the grindy, unimaginative PvE
      The intention of the Arenas is for a safer way for new teams to get training and scrim with other teams. Thats what we need to make pvp better as a whole. What you want is like bastardizing this whole thing to make it some party sysem to have a "quick arena" or something which would cause the game to lose some integrity to its sandbox title. IF you make random teams instead of premades, you are only training people to be good on their own and teaching them nothing of actual coordination and teamfighting knowledge effectively misguiding people thinking they're good because of their solo arena score when if you put him up against a premade his team would get fucked. Same problem with games like LoL and Overwatch ranked systems in solo que versus ranked play. This isnt going to be some fuckin gamemode its going to be a tool for teams disposal.
      If you make it any other game mode then the whole reason that the arena is here is pointless. If you made this a game mode, you would see LESS people in OW content because newer players or more carebear players would get their pvp fix and stay in royals all day for pvp and grinding whatever arena awards there are for the day instead of going out and risking anything. If you make it a training environment that suggests that OW content is the NEXT STEP toward your pvp groups progression. So yeah your idea is shit M8
    • AvianMessiah schrieb:

The intention of the Arenas is for a safer way for new teams to get training and scrim with other teams. Thats what we need to make pvp better as a whole. What you want is like bastardizing this whole thing to make it some party sysem to have a "quick arena" or something which would cause the game to lose some integrity to its sandbox title. IF you make random teams instead of premades, you are only training people to be good on their own and teaching them nothing of actual coordination and teamfighting knowledge effectively misguiding people thinking they're good because of their solo arena score when if you put him up against a premade his team would get fucked. Same problem with games like LoL and Overwatch ranked systems in solo que versus ranked play. This isnt going to be some fuckin gamemode its going to be a tool for teams disposal.If you make it any other game mode then the whole reason that the arena is here is pointless. If you made this a game mode, you would see LESS people in OW content because newer players or more carebear players would get their pvp fix and stay in royals all day for pvp and grinding whatever arena awards there are for the day instead of going out and risking anything. If you make it a training environment that suggests that OW content is the NEXT STEP toward your pvp groups progression. So yeah your idea is shit M8
      Point well made on the random aspect, but I think you are missing the possible value here. The "randomness" was a means of preventing queue synch and kill trade exploits, but I agree in principle that having a practice area for teams is a legit need too, and that is apparently what we are already getting.

I question why it is so imperative that you can't have viable gear progression in arena though. If you manage the mechanics of it properly, then you could make the arena force people into OW content and I think you could make it far more compelling than the reasons people have to do OW stuff now. The trick is to make it so that Arenas DO RISK SOMETHING if you can get progression in them.

Here is a thought...

We are apparently already getting an arena for Premades that generates 0 fame and risks nothing to enter.

Introduce a second arena in a subsequent patch that is random teams (to prevent exploits) and awards fame to the winning team. Fame is disbursed equally to each teams members in order to avoid favoring dps builds with kill fame or other builds measured by some other metric.

No Loot. No Silver. Just fame. Gear trashes on death, perhaps even at a higher than typical rate.

Now you've created a system that has economic inputs from the player, but NEGATIVE economic output. They can get their combat fame without having to PvE, but in order to do that they have to go out into the OW to get their materials and/or silver in order to feed the arena.

Sandbox implies that you can do whatever you want, and nothing more. There are plenty of sandbox games that have arenas built in. Honestly, I think it is kind of silly to design a game with a MoBA combat system and then not provide MoBA style play. Forming up teams and running around to Hellgates is very time inefficient to a gamer that is accustomed to MoBA play. If you put in a system like this in a B2P game, then you would be able to sustain a relatively healthy MoBA style player base that gets self-sufficient for gathering and crafting then burns all the gear in arenas and rinse+repeat. They'd spend about as much time gathering & crafting as it takes to assemble a decent team for a YHG, then have enough gear to feed the arena for hours.

Even if you want to make minimum gear cap for the arena T6 so that it forces RZ/BZ play that is fine, but I think it would be better to start with a T5. Nothing lower would make sense, because folks could completely avoid the OW content that needs more population.

Games like this NEED casuals, and being able to play this way would attract and retain some of the casual types that play 30 min - 1 hour at a time a few times a week.