Lack of Plot Territories

• Lack of Plot Territories

Anyone else noticing after all the beta's where still playing on a map the same size at release. there are 18740 created guilds atm lets say any guild with less than 10Million fame is ether a alt guild or no longer playing which leaves 1444 guilds in the game that are at least pretending to play.... out of those guilds only 61 guilds own a territory so 4% of the guilds in the game are actually getting to experience it which leaves 96% of the players ether have a guild based out of Caerleon or a green zone city. Might just be me but something is seriously wrong with that @Korn @Bercilak. I think this is something that is being over looked and needs a fix.
      You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bakin ()

• How would you fix it? The least attractive areas of the BZ are owned, by majority, by one alliance: Hate.

Adding more map zones will just increase their numbers. If you can't compete with Hate you're not going to compete with Mercia guilds.

So if you cannot compete, what is the solution? Should territories be handed to you?

I would suggest you start working on your guild. There isn't a lot the devs can do to hold your hand in this situation.
      Hostility - Tea Party
    • @angrad No one thinks territories should be handed out, but there is a def lack of building plots and territories in general. Your telling me Dev's can't find a Solution to the same problem's we where running into during the tests. My fix for it is if you own a Black zone building plot your ineligible to own yellow zone territories. Idk why they think guilds that are new are supposed to gvg with 3 year veterans. They need to add New continents with different portals in Caerlon depending on which portal you use you will have a several day lockout to just that continent. Making Risk Reward come into play if you want to push across the world what are you willing to loose in the processes. Atm black zone building plots are impenetrable. Just saying there has to be something " " @Korn @Bercilak There is nothing keeping new guilds or players. "Its the same guilds, doing the same shit just a different day" ..........
      You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bakin ()

• Bakin schrieb:

@angrad No one thinks territories should be handed out, but there is a def lack of building plots and territories in general. Your telling me Dev's can't find a Solution to the same problem's we where running into during the tests. My fix for it is if you own a Black zone building plot your ineligible to own yellow zone territories. Idk why they think guilds that are new are supposed to gvg with 3 year veterans. They need to add New continents with different portals in Caerlon depending on which portal you use you will have a several day lockout to just that continent. Making Risk Reward come into play if you want to push across the world what are you willing to loose in the processes. Atm black zone building plots are impenetrable. Just saying there has to be something " " @Korn @Bercilak There is nothing keeping new guilds or players. "Its the same guilds, doing the same shit just a different day" ..........
      pretty easy, make it possible to actually take over blackzone town plots and new guilds can have a chance on having their own city and training towards that goal

The way game is currently, only guilds that started on day1 and won the race have town plots and everyone else can go fuck themselves

"Lack of territories" isnt a problem, it generates conflict.
    • We think that taking over home plots currently is too hard. However, we also think that right now, if a home plot gets taken over, it's too harsh as well as you do not really get a good chance to evacuate your stuff properly. (as you'll still hope to win that last fight, in which you have the highest defender bonus).

In the beta tests, this has lead reliably lead to pretty much entire guilds (including hardcore ones) insta-quitting. This is something we obviously want to avoid.

We are currently looking at ways to address this issue, meaning:
      • taking over a home plot needs to be easier
      • the guild losing it needs to have ways to get (some) of their stuff out if they lose the plot
      When it comes to the current world size, it's debatable whether is should be expanded. During Beta 2, for example, we had a massive massive game world, and that was pretty much a failure as the player density in zones was just far too small. Even in Beta 3
      before the Caerleon change, they were only sparsely populated. We quite like the current black zone activity levels overall.
    • Korn schrieb:

In the beta tests, this has lead reliably lead to pretty much entire guilds (including hardcore ones) insta-quitting. This is something we obviously want to avoid.
      @Korn If this is the case why are there so few buildings plots if people quitting is a worry how are you planning on keeping those of us who don't own one? Living in town sucks and when most of the game population is doing so...... is there a reason why you can't replace half the current black and yellow zone watch towers with building plots? Or go back to the larger tiles from the past that supported more than one building plot on a tile? Give us something i know a ton of guilds on the brink of imploding due to the lack of options....

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bakin ()

• @Korn Just a thought as a member of the 94% who doesnt know much about GVG i just make some small assumptions to assist

I am assuming they have banks in the towns which is hwy they want to retrieve some things...
      I would say to this have 2 banks, 1 that is small and secure a second that is not secure but holds larger amounts

Second would be not having the last fight be the easiest for them.. i dont really know what the "last battle" is i guess there is more than one.. essentially you can either make it obvious by making the last fight easier but they would then know to move their things out nothing would remain unless players are not online to move it physically.

Otherwise you could leave a window of X people may return to gather stuff for X time but really it wont be partial unless during battles people could be in the zone as a real village would be in life, what they get on their back is what they get... they should play smart every battle could be lost... You dont want to lose players but they shouldnt feel so comfortable taking huge risks and then cry when they bet wrong just to avoid work of moving stuff to a safe bank.

Edit Extra stuff ::One more thought is that i cannot figure out why you need more than 1000 people in an alliance really, why is there no cap. guilds i feel are fairly large as far as places to fight over we just fight 1 group 99% of the time is what i am understanding... Alliances should require some maintenance also... USA and Russia are technically allies but fight about many issues, people assume they are not allies but really alliances are just non aggression pacts we use diplomats to negotiate for things in order to benefit both parties... Alliances in this game are dumbed down just groups that want the game to be easier join together to stop the challenges of playing as their own group of people. I would consider ways to maintain these groups such as build a monument to the alliance in which member of both guilds would have to donate resources and money to keep it standing if it were to not be properly maintained it would start a timer in which the cap of resources must be met or they will lose the alliance... just a random thought to add to game and resource use.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von blappo () aus folgendem Grund: extra

• Korn schrieb:

When it comes to the current world size, it's debatable whether is should be expanded. During Beta 2, for example, we had a massive massive game world, and that was pretty much a failure as the player density in zones was just far too small. Even in Beta 3

before the Caerleon change, they were only sparsely populated. We quite like the current black zone activity levels overall.
      So basically you like gank fest because it shows up better numbers in kills? The question is, how many people are going to like that long term. What has happened to small guild being able to play this game? Does it mean open world is no longer as viable for smaller guilds as you wanted it to be in the past and thats why those expeditions are coming? We all liked this game for its open world. I bet you have noticed all those smaller guilds that used to exist either quit, merged with a zerg or became a zerg themselves.

All you need to do is have PvP hotspots as there already are - castles, dungeons, chests. Make more hotspots, perhaps even maps dedicated to PvP. Since its an instanced world you can have cavern world for PvP for ex. where you make a dungeon complex under the black zone continent with several entrances. There is so many ways how you can do it, you didnt have to turn this into a gank / zerg fest with a map that has no meaning in terms of exploration.

You were able to find a place as a small guild, even if it was a yellow zone or something you were able to have that pride of owning a territory. There was PvP happening over chests as gatherers tried to get it as well because they knew not all chests can be contested, especially those further from cities while those close to the city were contested by smaller or bigger groups depending on the type of zone. With portal dungeons you were able to get multiple 5v5 PvP just from one run, if you didnt die. There were big dungeon zones t6+ where people went with zergs so you had content for both small and big groups in the OPEN world. You were able to go far away to gather on maps that had more rare spawns because almost noone was farming them but it ment you had to spend more time on it and risked being exposed in the open world for longer. You were able to have PvP in a red zone over the dungeon because there was no reputation and if you died? Try another dungeon, could be empty as there was plenty of dungeons for everyone. Same with yellow zone, people PvPed even called people from town to help out if there was a zerg claiming the dungeon, same for the raid in yellow. There was an open world content and there were CHOICES. You have taken all those choices away, why?
    • Korn schrieb:

We think that taking over home plots currently is too hard. However, we also think that right now, if a home plot gets taken over, it's too harsh as well as you do not really get a good chance to evacuate your stuff properly. (as you'll still hope to win that last fight, in which you have the highest defender bonus).

• the guild losing it needs to have ways to get (some) of their stuff out if they lose the plot
      I cannot know for sure, but my money is that if you ran a popular vote on switching to the old massive world or keeping this one, I'm fairly certain switching to the old big world would win handily. Every player I know prefered the old map.
    • Korn schrieb:

We think that taking over home plots currently is too hard. However, we also think that right now, if a home plot gets taken over, it's too harsh as well as you do not really get a good chance to evacuate your stuff properly. (as you'll still hope to win that last fight, in which you have the highest defender bonus).

make home plots just territories that are teleports to a guild islands .. buff the guild islands "crafting bonus" .. done .. remove defender bonus .. done
      ign: tride

Try whatever tricks you want. I’ll just straight up kill you and resolve the issue once and for all.
    • Home Territories have to stay the way they are. That cannot change.

You may think that guilds that got there first got everything, but they put months worth of time and effort into building the buildings on those territories. @Korn is right. If they worked their assess off for 22 hours a day for a month and they just lose all that time and effort they will quit.

Also adding more home territories will not work either. The same guilds that have them now will just take them again. You'd have to ask for a hand out from the devs for that to work out the way you want it to. Also it is a sand box game, so the whole 'locking you for a day' thing would never work either. Trying to control the way people have to play is always the wrong approach to any problem. Creating alternatives, where you don't have to hand the content to weaker guilds is always the best approach.

Something like this: Game Design, And Balancing the Cities
      Hostility - Tea Party

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von angrad ()

• I like the idea of Black Zone guilds not being able to compete for Royal territory.

But I also feel like Royal territory, and "easy/safe" content in general is too rewarding.

Weak alliances like Hate are able to be so dominant in Anglia for one reason:

-Elite guilds don't bother with it, because the other black territories are better.
      -Scrub guilds don't bother with it because the Royals are almost as good.

Make the difference wider, to force people from scrub zones to move up!
      "Let the world know that I plan to die."
    • I would go to BZ an take low territory really... i just dont like HATE

BUT i hate Caerleon too... i think 1 city being the only city that matters in the game is dumb so i never go there simply to be the frame of reference to what the game is without the rest of the content as to provide a valid argument to adding BZ access and Black markets and T6+ expeditions to outer cities. my guild and I stay where we are. unfortunately its soooo boring.
    • althoradeem schrieb:

@angrad
      thats a bad argument honestly...
      the only "work" they put into that is 1X a fight over a plot and building it up .. just refund the materials and be done with it
      anything besides those 2 points has been advantage not disadvantage
      Do you really honestly believe that if you just stripped someone of something that they worked that hard for and gave them a refund they wouldn't just walk away from the game?

Some people got to T8 gathering in the first week to gather stone to build those cities. It would be like if they wiped all your fame (I know you do not have a lot) and refunded your LP. It would just be a slap in the face.
      Hostility - Tea Party
    • angrad schrieb:

althoradeem schrieb:

@angrad
      the only "work" they put into that is 1X a fight over a plot and building it up .. just refund the materials and be done with it
      Do you really honestly believe that if you just stripped someone of something that they worked that hard for and gave them a refund they wouldn't just walk away from the game?
      Some people got to T8 gathering in the first week to gather stone to build those cities. It would be like if they wiped all your fame (I know you do not have a lot) and refunded your LP. It would just be a slap in the face.
      I dont think you get the full loot ideas..... Its not for carebares who quit because they rage and cry because they didnt win every match ever... thats called gaming... pitchers almost never throw perfect games, NFL teams almost never go undefeated AND even if they did the next season they dont that is how life works i would rather the snowflakes go home
    • @blappo I don't think its about carebears so much as the issue of how do you reward people for the time they invest into building their base. Hard part is if you strip any guild of what they worked for odds are they will quit which is why the current system plays in their favor... 30% on equal footing makes them impenetrable which is a problem... its hard to give someone the upper-hand without ending up where we are now! thus the issue, honestly if they did the whole 0% bounus 3 strikes your out territories would trade hands more often but is ii fair. @angrad at what point in time is it fair to make it fair for everyone else. How it is currently working out the elite will always stay elite well everyone else is trying to get by on what they can scrounge for? Honestly the whole system atm plays to the advantage of the few.... I don't think hand outs fix it, but i think if other guilds invest the time they should be rewarded just like the guilds owning building plots, its a monopoly that is only getting worse... at what point in time should anyone new wanting to get into this game stop because there in no longer advancement @Korn @Bercilak or do we all just join the same guild/alliance......... There is no forward movement you are ether there or not..... Hard to show up for the game when the court is already full....

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von Bakin ()

• blappo schrieb:

angrad schrieb:

althoradeem schrieb:

@angrad
      Do you really honestly believe that if you just stripped someone of something that they worked that hard for and gave them a refund they wouldn't just walk away from the game?Some people got to T8 gathering in the first week to gather stone to build those cities. It would be like if they wiped all your fame (I know you do not have a lot) and refunded your LP. It would just be a slap in the face.
      I dont think you get the full loot ideas..... Its not for carebares who quit because they rage and cry because they didnt win every match ever... thats called gaming... pitchers almost never throw perfect games, NFL teams almost never go undefeated AND even if they did the next season they dont that is how life works i would rather the snowflakes go home
      I think we have a different opinion of full loot. Your idea is to ask the devs to strip guilds that worked for home plots because you do not want to work for them. Then give them the mats back in exchange. No offense, but your idea is stupid. it is narrow minded and lazy. You want a home plot, you want to do nothing to get one, and you want a hand out from the devs.
      Hostility - Tea Party
    • their rewards is all their shit, tons of silver all the time they were "safe-er" outside the royal continent. mats, fame ect
      You cant act like their buildings are all their guild is. that would just be stupid if the only reason you play is because the game is sooooo easy.

Second if they get so upset then leave your guild and join the one that just wooped yours so you can have a home again
    • i believe even 1 month of hard work should not give you a permanent advantage .. people who build their base on a guild island worked just as hard as those who build it in the black zones (harder even since they had to run back to carleon every time instead of to their base ... your argument defending the current system is bad...
      people who quit over the playing field being leveled will quit eventually anyways because they are the same type of people who level up whats in the meta and get hit by a nerfbat and quit.
      ign: tride

Try whatever tricks you want. I’ll just straight up kill you and resolve the issue once and for all.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von althoradeem ()