A LOT of suggestions to improve the games drop table, pvm and pvp + suggestion about polls

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A LOT of suggestions to improve the games drop table, pvm and pvp + suggestion about polls

Imagine if PvM'ing wasn't mandatory. No specialization and all(?) masteries in the combat part of the destiny board unlocked. The idea behind this is that the grind we have today is really demotivating. The really hardcore playerbase is getting a huge advantage over people that doesnt have as much time to play the game. You are basically forced to grind the dungeons on repeat to be competetive. And the meta is too unstable with the consistent buffs, nerfs and changes, which is really sad for people that have spent countless hours on faming a specific build. These people are then swayed to switch up their builds, and that means they have to go through the same grind again to catch up with their competitors in terms of item power. If not remove the specialization, then at least give specialization to every weapon line and armor line. Example: Faming specialization in a glaive, should also give specialization in a pike, heron spear etc. And faming soldiers boots should give specialization to knights boots, guardian boots etc. We spend too much time on faming, and it is a big reason that people stop playing.

More and different kinds of bosses that challenges you and require you to think about your next move. Bosses placed in a way that doesn't require you to clear an entire dungeon full of "trash mobs" to get to them. And the bosses would have a different kind of drop table, rather then dropping a precrafted piece of weapon or armor, it would rather drop a one time use blueprint to make a rare weapon, armour, amulet, ring, bracelet. Meaning you would first have to slay the boss and be lucky to get the blueprint. Different bosses would drop different kinds of blueprints, and the value of the blueprint would make it more rare than others. Not only would this keep gatherers equally as important as they are now, as you would have to use the materials and the blueprint to craft it. But it would make PvM exciting, this might make people actually want to do PvM as it could reward you in a whole different way compared to what it does now.

Jewellery as mentioned above could give different kinds of passive stats, for example a ring could improve your accuracy with a weapon, making you critically strike someone(deal more damage than usual), or it could improve your movement speed by a few percent, decrease casting speed etc.

You could work on implementing real quests with a storyline, though this would be a more time demanding task, it would make for an amazing change to the game. Quests could reward you with improvements to your gear, for example improving you bag, gatherers gear, cape, or add saddles that you could attach to a mount and improve the stats of your mount. The quests could also reward you with vanity items, such as making you look more unique, like different looks for your armor, mount, weapon, etc. Or improve your gathering tool, maybe give you a special type of sickle, pickaxe etc that would have a chance of giving you an extra material when you gather. For example if you are gathering a 6.1 fibre, it could have a small chance of giving you 1 extra 6.3 fibre, or a 6.0 fibre or something like this.

Also something I think would be a great implementation is adding polls into caerleon and the other cities. By this I mean a "station" such as the auction house or the repair bench. You would walk next to it and click on it, and there you would see different suggestions and questions that you(the devs) have added, you would vote, yes or no, and it would give the devs a better understanding of what the players want. If you see that the majority voted against one of these suggestions in the polls, you would choose not to go forward with it, and likewise the other way around. By doing this you are making it easier for everyone to be a part of improving the game, and the players that are not active on the forums will still have a chance to give their opinion.

Gallop is also a flawed part of the game as it stands, in general everyone is too safe while travelling around the map. You added gallop in beta 2, because the map was so huge, it made sense to let players travel around faster. But we have Caerleon now, which has lowered the travel time from A to B alot. We no longer need the gallop mode, it makes it too easy for players to get away from ganks. I suggest buffing the base movement speed of all mounts, and removing gallop. This would mean instead of a t6 horse having 60% movement speed, you could buff it to say 70-75%, and completely remove the gallop. And adjust the other mounts movement speed accordingly.

An other suggestion is that you could make different zones for singlecombat. This could be done in for example the red zones, and be a replacement for the reputation system. The idea behind this is that zergs would not be able to dominate in these areas. If you as a gatherer or PKer would attack someone, you are locked in combat with this player for x amount of seconds, or until player leaves the zone, and no one else can interfere, you can't be healed by other players, nor take damage from them, simular to a duel. It makes the game more fair for solo players, and gatherers would be more safe in these zones aswell, though i believe gatherers are way too safe already.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of mixed thoughts about this, and I haven't thought everything through, it's just a bunch of ideas you could work on and maybe even POLL them :)

Best regards <3

The post was edited 2 times, last by SliZeD: Added gallop thoughts ().

• Yea I think that'd add more cooperation between crafters and pple faming. Would also fix the mass amount of black market drops which tbh feels broken with the amount of crafted gear we're currently receiving. I like the allure and interaction blueprints would give. I know I get excited when I see a warhorse saddle. it feels like a greater item because of the effort involved with an equal reward. assuming they're just like artifact items or work similar to artifacts, blueprints sound like a good idea.
  • owensssss wrote:

Yea I think that'd add more cooperation between crafters and pple faming. Would also fix the mass amount of black market drops which tbh feels broken with the amount of crafted gear we're currently receiving. I like the allure and interaction blueprints would give. I know I get excited when I see a warhorse saddle. it feels like a greater item because of the effort involved with an equal reward. assuming they're just like artifact items or work similar to artifacts, blueprints sound like a good idea.
    Exactly my point, they could either be crafted with mats, blueprint and artifact, or just mats and blueprint. Im thinking artifact + blueprint is better.