How about a White Zone (PvP)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How about a White Zone (PvP)

This is not completely thought out idea yet, so bare with me...

Black Zone is "Attack 1st, No questions asked" area where I hear zerging and ganking is the key.

How about taking a year (or three?) and introduce White Zone.

- PvP is concensual
      - Crime leaves traces and reputation makes you wanted. Wanted characters are open to Pvp chllenge everywhere, even cities
      - Criminals can challenge anyone to fight. If win, they can pick a few item (by value or weight? -> adds your wanted level)
      - Victim can yield and get away without a fight but criminal still gets to loot a few item -> crime rate added
      - limited grouping options to prevent zerging. Eg. Friendly fire outside group ignoring guild/alliance?
      - no friendly fire between lawfuls (Suspecting lawfuls are less organized)
      - PvP win captures criminal, no or limited looting. Looting gives crime...
      - No resources to gather. Have to trade from Royal -> Lots of caravans to loot
      - On prison island you can level your gathering skills as forced labor or escape
      - HUGE land. Player created house, towns, taverns.
      - Loads of Pve with bigger silver drops EVERYWHERE
      - Roaming Royal guards, big bosses, Events
      - Devs support creative events introduced by players

We have Royal Land, Black Zone... So why not White Zone

In short. Make Albion a living place.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ravenar ().

• Ravenar wrote:

This is not completely thought out idea yet, so bare with me...

Black Zone is "Attack 1st, No questions asked" area where I hear zerging and ganking is the key.

How about taking a year (or three?) and introduce White Zone.

- PvP is concensual
      - Crime leaves traces and reputation makes you wanted. Wanted characters are open to Pvp chllenge everywhere, even cities
      - Criminals can challenge anyone to fight. If win, they can pick a few item (by value or weight? -> adds your wanted level)
      - Victim can yield and get away without a fight but criminal still gets to loot a few item -> crime rate added
      - limited grouping options to prevent zerging. Eg. Friendly fire outside group ignoring guild/alliance?
      - no friendly fire between lawfuls (Suspecting lawfuls are less organized)
      - PvP win captures criminal, no or limited looting. Looting gives crime...
      - No resources to gather. Have to trade from Royal -> Lots of caravans to loot
      - On prison island you can level your gathering skills as forced labor or escape
      - HUGE land. Player created house, towns, taverns.
      - Loads of Pve with bigger silver drops EVERYWHERE
      - Roaming Royal guards, big bosses, Events
      - Devs support creative events introduced by players

We have Royal Land, Black Zone... So why not White Zone

In short. Make Albion a living place.
      >PvP is concensual
      And what would be the reason to go to this world of great nature staffs?
    • Vorgav wrote:

hmm.. so i see that you want entire new game in this white zones??
      Yea, let's face it, they failed the first time... But the engine is ok.

The way I see it: They gave the "hardcores" the BZ, let them have it. Start over fresh with fresh ideas. Sandbox means having options. This would bring more options.

Yea, I know. Not gonna happen.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Ravenar wrote:

Vorgav wrote:

The way I see it: They gave the "hardcores" the BZ, let them have it. Start over fresh with fresh ideas. Sandbox means having options. This would bring more options.

This game is hardcore sandbox mmo, not hardocore and not sanbox each separatly. Hardcore sandbox..
    • Ravenar wrote:

Vorgav wrote:

Hmm, do you still think death is a big deal? It is not that "hardcores" are in BZ. It's more that "softcore" people aren't in BZ. It sucks to have a bad streak and get killed w/o gaining much, but that doesn't happen too often.

Initially everyone was wearing cheap T4. Now T4.1 / T5 are pretty cheap. Manage your risk, and you too can be in the BZ. One time when I didn't feel like risking much, but I wanted to explore high-tier, high Black swamps. So, I equipped a T4 backpack, (1.2k), T5 gather boots (2k-3k), a T4 horse (8k), and a T6 sickle (10k or so) with a pie eaten and 1 spare. That's 21k - 22k silver. However, since I raise batches of T4 horses as needed (currently I have about 40 I need to saddle up), it doesn't actually cost me that much. Say around 4k - 5k silver worth of food/seeds to feed the horse. It doesn't cost me actual silver, nor much focus at this point, to keep myself flush with disposable mounts.

Anyway, roaming around 3 - 4 high Black Swamps, the Swamp dragons / giant snakes killed my horse 4 or 5 times. A couple people grazed me, but didn't pursue. One guy started chasing me when my mount died to mobs, but then the 2 or 3 swamp dragons / snakes reset aggro and attacked him and he gave up. Took about 40 minutes or so and I gathered some T7, a fair amount of T6.*/T5.* and I survived the 3 - 4 zone trip back to the portal.

Join a guild or an alliance with a presence in the BZ. It goes much more smoothly if you have a base / safe spot. Even without that, you can find a map with a siege camp chest and load batches of resources into the chest. Then come back later with a T5/T6/T7 armored horse to pick it up; preferably with some friends, but not 100% required.

@Ravenar Try this: empty out your Caerleon Bank. Now, put on your gather gear and head to BZ (or even Red), gather what you can before you start getting chased or at least until you have enough resources to cover the cost of your gear. Head back to Caerleon, dump the resources into the Carleon Bank and then head back out. Don't transfer resources to your island chests until you die. When you die and are getting upset, transferring an ox-load of resources to your island will help you realize that it was worth the risk and nearly always is.

I *can* wear T6 fiber gather gear, but I tend to stick with T5; or at least until I've gathered enough to cover T6 and then I switch. If I have a bad streak, I'll switch to short runs in Red where I have a reputation bonus versus gankers