Grouping with Friends from Different Alliances

• Grouping with Friends from Different Alliances

My guild is rather small but we will get things done and play a lot, but I still have friends in lots of other guilds/alliances. There are times when they want to come play with our group or times I go play with there group. And since its a mmo, and they are my friends we do just that. But in this game problems comes up now. If my friend from R3D or ZERG is with us, and we run into a bunch of ZERG members in a black zone and they attack us, my friend cant help us and just has to watch us die. If I am out with a group of ZERG and we go near there zone or I am slightly out of place in a ZvZ and they aeo there own members because they cant hurt them I die. And also you cant do any form of Hellgate with them ether because they cant attack alliance members. This needs to be changed, if you are partied with them it should make it so you cant be attacked by there alliance or something, and hellgates when you go in you should not be able to see the other players names, they should just be named "player 1" to 5 and all alliances are off when you are in a hell gate. Something, I personally dont know a solution to this problem, but I just wanted to say something, and was wondering if anyone had an idea to fix this.

TLDR - You cant play with game with people from different alliances and I would love to hear what people think about this and if anyone has some cool ideas to fix it.
    • Wow..what a conundrum..

Why do they attack? Is there a rule that says, "you must attack others if they are not your guild" ?

Where is this KoS mentality coming from?

Can't they see that this is a party whit their own members in it? Couldn't their members say in their discord, "Guys do not attack we are all together" or something?
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

Order of the Silver Star, OSS
      "Everyone dies, not everyone really fights!"
      ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997, OSS Atlantic Shard
    • Elarahis schrieb:

I do not know where the KoS mrntality comes from but it is how almost everyone does it in AO.
      There is always a reason why people adopt certain behaviors..and I am inclined to think it is due to the game's design. It told people, it is ok to do it like that and so they do it.
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

• The KoS comes from the fact that its a full loot game, and sometimes what might make you win the fight is being the first to strike, you win and they lose and you keep your gear another day. But this problem even goes further then just my little guild. There is rules in big alliances when they are in the hell gates if they run into the same alliance that they share the bosses and the mid boss, something like a hell gate starts to lose its appeal and risk if you can abuse it by just being in the biggest alliance.
    • Linvara schrieb:

The KoS comes from the fact that its a full loot game, and sometimes what might make you win the fight is being the first to strike, you win and they lose and you keep your gear another day. But this problem even goes further then just my little guild. There is rules in big alliances when they are in the hell gates if they run into the same alliance that they share the bosses and the mid boss, something like a hell gate starts to lose its appeal and risk if you can abuse it by just being in the biggest alliance.
      Well, you know there is a saying..

Just because you can do something it does not necessarily mean that you must do that thing, however you are right people engage in KoS because the game tells them to do it..on the other hand do we engage in KoS in a red zone?

In my opinion what the game needs is reputation system to extend in outlands and then to also have formal Wars between Alliances or Guilds that way you would not lose reputation if you attacked an Enemy Guild/Alliance.

As for large alliances, the whole game has been touted for large alliances from the get go. Now, is it because of what the devs wanted by design or is it what players of beta pushed the design to be..we may never know. What we know is that the end game is dominated by Beta guilds and at this moment it is very difficult of startups to even play on that level..

Which is in reality the same problem EVE has..a new guild in EVE has no chance unless they invest 2-5 years in the game and even then... the only way to play in 0.0 is to join an existing alliance or guild there. This I am afraid is what discourages many in EVE (among other issues it has) but here it will be even worse.

So I don;t know I think at this point the game suffers from much more pressing and important needs than some people having a hard time playing with friends or different alliances.

the solution seems to be rather, have your friends join your alliance or you theirs. Problem solved.

Cheers!
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

• Duke Suraknar schrieb:

In my opinion what the game needs is reputation system to extend in outlands and then to also have formal Wars between Alliances or Guilds that way you would not lose reputation if you attacked an Enemy Guild/Alliance.
      How bout a zones that require flagging for PvP but do not have reputation system? Now in black zones even if two parties not interested in PvP meet they HAVE to attack on sight to gain initiative and win in case the other party is hostile. This is toxic. There should be some clear 'i'm not lookin for trouble' sign.

And of course props for the guild/ally war system - if there is official war between entities they should be able to pvp everywhere without flagging/reputation loss.
      'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
      X/
    • Linvara schrieb:

hellgates when you go in you should not be able to see the other players names, they should just be named "player 1" to 5

hell no !

it seems you just have to create a guild for your friends group, and choose the alliance depending on who you do not want to fight with

if seems you want benefit of the guilld and alliance you are in, but refuse to pay the cost in term of solidarity in BZ

then what you being in that guild mean? let's guess that's not what was intended in guild concept
    • Targun schrieb:

Duke Suraknar schrieb:

How bout a zones that require flagging for PvP but do not have reputation system? Now in black zones even if two parties not interested in PvP meet they HAVE to attack on sight to gain initiative and win in case the other party is hostile. This is toxic. There should be some clear 'i'm not lookin for trouble' sign.
      And of course props for the guild/ally war system - if there is official war between entities they should be able to pvp everywhere without flagging/reputation loss.
      What will that do is that everyone will flag in Black zones by default...and the same situation as now will happen. It will not prevent KoS because there is not consequence to the decision to kill someone else..it is open rampant murdering..

Outlands is like a "no mans land" at this point...I am not sure if this was really the intention of the devs, and if yes, why..what was the goal here? I dont get it..is there a specific reason to have it like that or was it just pure emulation of EVE?
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~

• Duke Suraknar schrieb:

Targun schrieb:

Duke Suraknar schrieb:

How bout a zones that require flagging for PvP but do not have reputation system? Now in black zones even if two parties not interested in PvP meet they HAVE to attack on sight to gain initiative and win in case the other party is hostile. This is toxic. There should be some clear 'i'm not lookin for trouble' sign.And of course props for the guild/ally war system - if there is official war between entities they should be able to pvp everywhere without flagging/reputation loss.
      What will that do is that everyone will flag in Black zones by default...and the same situation as now will happen. It will not prevent KoS because there is not consequence to the decision to kill someone else..it is open rampant murdering..
      Outlands is like a "no mans land" at this point...I am not sure if this was really the intention of the devs, and if yes, why..what was the goal here? I dont get it..is there a specific reason to have it like that or was it just pure emulation of EVE?

afraid of kos... in a "no mans land"... O.o
    • lustweed schrieb:

Duke Suraknar schrieb:

Targun schrieb:

Duke Suraknar schrieb:

How bout a zones that require flagging for PvP but do not have reputation system? Now in black zones even if two parties not interested in PvP meet they HAVE to attack on sight to gain initiative and win in case the other party is hostile. This is toxic. There should be some clear 'i'm not lookin for trouble' sign.And of course props for the guild/ally war system - if there is official war between entities they should be able to pvp everywhere without flagging/reputation loss.
      What will that do is that everyone will flag in Black zones by default...and the same situation as now will happen. It will not prevent KoS because there is not consequence to the decision to kill someone else..it is open rampant murdering..Outlands is like a "no mans land" at this point...I am not sure if this was really the intention of the devs, and if yes, why..what was the goal here? I dont get it..is there a specific reason to have it like that or was it just pure emulation of EVE?
      afraid of kos... in a "no mans land"... O.o
      A no mans land as the place between trenches in WWI..you are surely dead in there risking to be shot by all sides even. That is how BZ are.

Now..as for the affraid part, I don not think I said I was afraid..there is nothing to be affraid..lol..it is a game and all is virtual bits and bytes..no real harm is ever done..

But I do not like the setup, BZ's are not clear to me. and it is Dystopian..an anarchy..

I mean, the territory bellogs to the owning Guild/Alliance..I have no business to go there if I am not part of that Guild/Alliance or if I am not attacking that territory with own Guild/Alliance.

Since Albion gets much inspiration form EVE, let me make an EvE analogy... you do not go mining in 0.0 in EVE in someone else's turf, if you are an Empire citizen you do not go mining in 0.0 period..and if you live in 0.0 you mine within your own territory... why do we seem to be expected to do so here?

There is a whole thread about people complaining that not enough victims go in the BZ for them to kill and have fun with killing...

Then I see Dev explanations that they wish people to be trading in the Outland towns etc... how can trading be expected in no mans land?
      ~ Duke Suraknar ~