Crossbow vs Spear

• Crossbow vs Spear

Hello, I've thought about playing main weapon since start and couldn't stick to one, so here I'm making this topic.

I was wondering, if someone could help me with dilema between spear line [mostly glaive] and crossbow line [mostly heavy xbow], or if there are any good weapons that deal dmg.
    I'm looking for better weapon overall, except ganking weapon, because I already have one, so better weapon overall for ZvZ, HG, GvG, Small scale.

Looking forward for replies, thanks in advance.
  • They are both OP. Glaive might be more in demand but likely to be nerfed soon (I think?), never saw anything in patch notes about xbow. Both fill same role and are viable in GvG. If you watch vids of high level GvGs you will see both are used. Id prefer xbow personally but some people complain about overlap with curse (double sunder) which i dont really get, i mean exertion has xbow + curse anyway.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MightySheep ().

• MightySheep wrote:

They are both OP. Glaive might be more in demand but likely to be nerfed soon (I think?), never saw anything in patch notes about xbow. Both fill same role and are viable in GvG. If you watch vids of high level GvGs you will see both are used. Id prefer xbow personally but some people complain about overlap with curse (double sunder) which i dont really get, i mean exertion has xbow + curse anyway.
    Glaive isnt getting nerfed by the way, just changing its w so it does more damage if you land the whole thing and less if you dont and giving it another w ablility. Want to be useful for everything? Run frost staff or cursed staff. Want to be a badass baller and shit on people left and right? run glaive. Heavy crossbow isnt that good anymore since it doesnt have noise eraser anymore so eh.
  • AvianMessiah wrote:

MightySheep wrote:

They are both OP. Glaive might be more in demand but likely to be nerfed soon (I think?), never saw anything in patch notes about xbow. Both fill same role and are viable in GvG. If you watch vids of high level GvGs you will see both are used. Id prefer xbow personally but some people complain about overlap with curse (double sunder) which i dont really get, i mean exertion has xbow + curse anyway.
    Glaive isnt getting nerfed by the way, just changing its w so it does more damage if you land the whole thing and less if you dont and giving it another w ablility. Want to be useful for everything? Run frost staff or cursed staff. Want to be a badass baller and shit on people left and right? run glaive. Heavy crossbow isnt that good anymore since it doesnt have noise eraser anymore so eh.
    Wtf are you talking about? always check weapons t5+ if you want to see all of their abilities.

All crossbows still have noise eraser