Malicious deceitful con artists, scamming, blackmailing

• @Ravenar
    Unless they can prove real life money exchanges hands it's not bannable even for the buyer. If a guild leader one day decides he's done with the game, says F it, locks all his guild members out, and gives all the items for free to another player, it's not a ban-able offense. But if they do the same thing and the player that received the goods pays RL money than it's a ban.

I would definitely agree the entire concept of this game is a ponzi scheme. Whether it be the guild mechanic or the SI business model.

Yeah, any of those QoL would've prevented this situation.
  • Kinna wrote:

@Vicious666 and I find it sad that you are so proud of what you did like it is a major achievement to be proud of, scamming and stealing. And yes exploiting people.
    Not being funny but I'd be pretty damn chuffed with myself in his position. He just defeated an entire guild and made a ton of money with a few simple words.

You keep analogizing real life, how about imagining guilds like companies. Hostile takeovers are an every day occurrence for companies. Vicious (the CEO) just convinced a naive CEO of a lesser company to sign over all its assets and made the shareholders a fortune. This kind of scumbaggery is commonplace in corporate. It's a dog eat dog world lmao. Especially when it's just a game.
  • MightySheep wrote:

Kinna wrote:

@Vicious666 and I find it sad that you are so proud of what you did like it is a major achievement to be proud of, scamming and stealing. And yes exploiting people.
    Not being funny but I'd be pretty damn chuffed with myself in his position. He just defeated an entire guild and made a ton of money with a few simple words.
    You keep analogizing real life, how about imagining guilds like companies. Hostile takeovers are an every day occurrence for companies. Vicious (the CEO) just convinced a naive CEO of a lesser company to sign over all its assets and made the shareholders a fortune. This kind of scumbaggery is commonplace in corporate. It's a dog eat dog world lmao. Especially when it's just a game.
    That's not how hostile takeovers work in business. The closer real world analogy would be identity theft...
  • 1. Conflating deceitful actions within the game with malicious actions outside the game make you look like a fool and your post a rambling drivel.
    2. The game should provide reasonable tools and guild management options to nail down all assets and allow to fine tune who has access to what. If the game does not, don't bother having an actual guild. (Hint: don't play this shit game).
    3. "We" as a community don't have to do jack shit. You are imposing your ideas on everyone and speaking on everyone's behalf. Fuck off.
    4. If someone acts in an anti-social way, does not co-operate with other people well and acts in a deceitful manner all the time, then don't interact with that person.

Is there anything else that really needs to be said here?

#1 Silent Panzerfaust assassin
  • KatherineKore wrote:

1. Conflating deceitful actions within the game with malicious actions outside the game make you look like a fool and your post a rambling drivel.
    2. The game should provide reasonable tools and guild management options to nail down all assets and allow to fine tune who has access to what. If the game does not, don't bother having an actual guild. (Hint: don't play this shit game).
    3. "We" as a community don't have to do jack shit. You are imposing your ideas on everyone and speaking on everyone's behalf. Fuck off.
    4. If someone acts in an anti-social way, does not co-operate with other people well and acts in a deceitful manner all the time, then don't interact with that person.

1. I did not conflate anything I said the deceitful and malicious actions were done in game .. in a virtual world, but the people playing in the virtual world are outside the game .. and real life time and effort and money is put into the game .. no conflating there .. fact. Thanks for reading my drivel I appreciate it.
    2. If you are telling people not to play this game then you not really one of the Albion game playing community are you .. if you are playing it and consider it a "shit game" then why are you playing it?
    3. If you not part of the community and not playing the game .. how am I imposing my ideas on you, asking people for something is not imposing .. people have choice to do something or not .. imposing is forcing your ideas on someone and forcing them to take actions .. I can not force anyone to do anything.
    4. Not interacting with him .. not doing anything is standing back, letting them do it without trying to stop them .. in a way condoning their action .. condoning scammers con artists .. no thanks

No I do not think there is anything more to say
  • Kinna wrote:

KatherineKore wrote:

1. Conflating deceitful actions within the game with malicious actions outside the game make you look like a fool and your post a rambling drivel.

1. I did not conflate anything I said the deceitful and malicious actions were done in game .. in a virtual world, but the people playing in the virtual world are outside the game .. and real life time and effort and money is put into the game .. no conflating there .. fact. Thanks for reading my drivel I appreciate it.2. If you are telling people not to play this game then you not really one of the Albion game playing community are you .. if you are playing it and consider it a "shit game" then why are you playing it?
    3. If you not part of the community and not playing the game .. how am I imposing my ideas on you, asking people for something is not imposing .. people have choice to do something or not .. imposing is forcing your ideas on someone and forcing them to take actions .. I can not force anyone to do anything.
    4. Not interacting with him .. not doing anything is standing back, letting them do it without trying to stop them .. in a way condoning their action .. condoning scammers con artists .. no thanks

No I do not think there is anything more to say
  • @Kinna You probably is a really nice person, who have a nice personality and I would love to take you to the beach some day in the black zone with my 6.2 WARBOW in hand, but sadly I can't. By you making this thread, I'm having some sort of mixed feelings because on one side I want to gank you until you uninstall for calling me a SCAMMER, but on the other side I feel bad for you because I know you are pretty furious at the moment, and need to vent. So, I really would like both of us to take each other hands and end this drama, and hopefully one day on the other side of my 6.2 warbow we can become great friends one day and maybe one day put this whole thing beside us.

Since, I am not the enemy. I am just a lonely idiot looking for some fun and entertainment.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SparkyTheIdiot ().

• SparkyTheIdiot wrote:

@Kinna You probably is a really nice person, who have a nice personality and I would love to take you to the beach some day in the black zone with my 6.2 WARBOW in hand, but sadly I can't. By you making this thread, I'm having some sort of mixed feelings because on one side I want to gank you until you uninstall for calling me a SCAMMER, but on the other side I feel bad for you because I know you are pretty furious at the moment, and need to vent. So, I really would like both of us to take each other hands and end this drama, and hopefully one day on the other side of my 6.2 warbow we can become great friends one day and maybe one day put this whole thing beside us.

Since, I am not the enemy. I am just a lonely idiot looking for some fun and entertainment.
    All I read is, "someone please touch my 6.2 warbow"... Dude, stop touching your warbow so much; it's not healthy. You're not going to get laid if you don't go outside irl.
  • YourMother wrote:

SparkyTheIdiot wrote:

@Kinna You probably is a really nice person, who have a nice personality and I would love to take you to the beach some day in the black zone with my 6.2 WARBOW in hand, but sadly I can't. By you making this thread, I'm having some sort of mixed feelings because on one side I want to gank you until you uninstall for calling me a SCAMMER, but on the other side I feel bad for you because I know you are pretty furious at the moment, and need to vent. So, I really would like both of us to take each other hands and end this drama, and hopefully one day on the other side of my 6.2 warbow we can become great friends one day and maybe one day put this whole thing beside us.

All I read is, "someone please touch my 6.2 warbow"... Dude, stop touching your warbow so much; it's not healthy. You're not going to get laid if you don't go outside irl.
    What's irl? All I know is Albion online and my precious 6.2 WARBOW.
  • SparkyTheIdiot wrote:

YourMother wrote:

SparkyTheIdiot wrote:

What's irl? All I know is Albion online and my precious 6.2 WARBOW.
    !warbow
  • SparkyTheIdiot wrote:

KInna, you are causing more drama then what it needs to be.Grow the fuck up, and accept that your guild was stupid enough to be scammed. No one at fault, except for you. If you hand someone your car keys, then they steal your car. WHO AT FAULT? You or the guy who you willingly gave your car keys to? IT'S FUCKING YOU!

So, quit this nonsense, and if you ever come near the city plot with this so called ''ARMY'', I'll be waiting there with my 6.1 warbow, and my 7.1 gear waiting to gank you nerds. So, grow the fuck up or pay another price of losing your shit because your at fault, but you need someone to blame it on, so you can sleep happily in bed and seem like a ''hero.'' No, you just causing more drama and it needs to stop.

Albion Online isn't a full time job, and no isn't a safe place to place your money in just so you get gold and buy more and more gear. Once, you learn that then you'll be able to quit this drama and go to sleep with a smile.

P.S. You got EXPLOI
    The city plot .. you will be waiting with your 6.1 warbow ... oh grats on upgrading your warbow and getting a t6.2 now. I still only have my Flat tier 6 great holy staff :(
    What you said above seemed toindicate you were one of the ones involved. If not, I am so sorry and I apologies for calling you a scammer. Your post is misleading then .. sounded like you were one of the ones involved. Your post above was actually much more furious than any post I have made.
    And in the game you are welcome to come gank me anytime, that is part of the game and heck I already die at least 4-5 times a day anyway, 3 or 4 times more won't make much difference. Yeah I am not very good and die alot, but it is the game so I just regear and run out and .. die again :)

I haven't asked for safe zones or think the scam that happened had anything to do with pk'ing. No fighting was involved, the guy scammed his way into getting a city .. he did not fight for it, fact the picture posted is more him in the safe camp .. he was too scared to take it the normal way through battles so he took it in way he did not have to fight at all ..... so which person is really the one who wants the "No P'k"

If I called anyone not involved a scammer and con artists I fully apologies and for that I am at fault ..
    No I am not furious .. I was more sad than anything else. And I have nowhere here or in chats gotten nasty upset or furious .. still all with a touch of sadness that people would do such things and think it is cool.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kinna ().

• I think if you went on a date with Sparky he/she would fight for you and die for you, perhaps in real life. I feel like he/she assumes you are female... Sparky, put your 6.2 warbow to good use and go balls first into fighting the Exploits for Kinna! The battle of Troy was fought for Helen...surely it's not too much to ask for the battle of Albion to be fought for Kinna.
  • YourMother wrote:

I think if you went on a date with Sparky he/she would fight for you and die for you, perhaps in real life. I feel like he/she assumes you are female... Sparky, put your 6.2 warbow to good use and go balls first into fighting the Exploits for Kinna! The battle of Troy was fought for Helen...surely it's not too much to ask for the battle of Albion to be fought for Kinna.
    Thank you this made me smile .. unfortunately I am no Helen of Troy , thinks would be different if I were ..... Albion would be mine!!!!!!!!
    "It is part of the game, or well other games allow it or it is just a game. How often have one of these phrases been used to excuse hackers, blackmailers, scammer, con artists and thieves? Too often by far, when there should be no excuse for it, we all know things like that are wrong, so why do we allow it, is it simply because it has been allowed in the past and other games allow it?...

...till developers realise that gamers won’t stand for hackers, blackmailers, scammers , con artists and thieves.Albion asked us to stand with them against hackers, bots and blackmailers...

...Things like this are not part of a game, should not be and should not be accepted. How is anyone meant to know someone is a con artists or scammer with malicious and deceitful intent till they actually take everything? By allowing it we are saying things like that are fine, when all of us know it is not right. If a guild leader or leaders con their guild how is this in anyway part of the actual game of Albion. In the game world it is so much easier to hide true intentions because we do not really know each other, we have no point of reference by which to judge their actions, till they actually scam and pull their con...."

Oh hey, look, someone's conflating hackers, ddosers, gold sellers with people doing legal in-game actions.

Completely ignored the point I was making in favor of pointing out I'm an outsider for some reason. Okay?

"We are part of the gaming community as such we can make it known that even though for reasons of their own, other games and Albion currently allow such things, it should not be tolerated. By standing together against them we can stop them and prevent it from being so easy for these malicious deceitful people to get away with it by reacting in game and making it difficult for them...

...By allowing it we are saying things like that are fine, when all of us know it is not right. ...

...My group does not have much money or strength but as community we do, and as such we can put a stop to it, even if developers won’t , by standing together...

...Just because other games allow it, why follow them, why not show we stand against such things, be different and protect our players from people like this..."

You are imposing your ideas and making assumptions about the community in your post, doofus.

i.imgur.com/8wuCWYN.png

How exactly are you going to stop them from doing something, precious?

• Katherine, you yourself stated in your post what you thought of this game .. so yes your comments on a game you telling people not to play and think is a bad game .. is funny.
    We are part of a community and asking for people to try something within the game to stop scammers is not imposing it is making a request .. I still force no one. And as to stopping them the only way to do it, is to make people aware of what occurred and taking a stand and work together .. why do we have to rely on the game developers to fix absolutely everything when we can make an attempt to do it ourselves?

Yes likely it will not work this time, does not mean I am not going to try .. but then next time maybe more people try and then time after that even more .. till something changes. By just sitting back and thinking oh well I can not do anything I would be giving up and not trying to prevent scammers having such an easy time of it

But I really have to commend you on reading all of my "drivel" as you put it ,so closely, majority of people did not because yes I did forgot paragraphs and wrote rather a lot. But big thanks to you for reading it all , that is awesome!!!!

Sorry for not replying in your standard point form, was the same points anyway .. just with carefully chosen references from what I have said. I do believe in our Albion community and yes think majority do in some way think scams like this are bad .. so still not imposing my beliefs on anyone .. just stating what my beliefs are .. probably naive .. like I said if speaking out makes me naive .. I will take that title

The post was edited 3 times, last by Kinna ().

• My thoughts on the game have no bearing whether my points are valid or not. You avoiding trying to address them does indicate that there may be something valid about them. Additionally, now I am a part of the community, while in the previous post I was not. I believe you need to get your story straight before I take you seriously.

Developers are to be relied upon to fix things and provide necessary features for guild functionality is because they are the only people capable of doing so. You are more than welcome to try yourself but you will eventually come to some realizations.

Your OP is drivel since most of it can be pruned and some of it is very obvious and insulting appear to popularity.

Your naivety has to do with the fact that you do not have a point of reference on how these actions within the game happen and what the solution is. You do not know how these things come about and what is the source of them. Then there are many sentences based on the fact of knowing all these things and telling the community what to do.

• KatherineKore wrote:

My thoughts on the game have no bearing whether my points are valid or not. You avoiding trying to address them does indicate that there may be something valid about them. Additionally, now I am a part of the community, while in the previous post I was not. I believe you need to get your story straight before I take you seriously.

Developers are to be relied upon to fix things and provide necessary features for guild functionality is because they are the only people capable of doing so. You are more than welcome to try yourself but you will eventually come to some realizations.

Your OP is drivel since most of it can be pruned and some of it is very obvious and insulting appear to popularity.

Your naivety has to do with the fact that you do not have a point of reference on how these actions within the game happen and what the solution is. You do not know how these things come about and what is the source of them. Then there are many sentences based on the fact of knowing all these things and telling the community what to do.
    Never said you part of community .. said you yourself showed you not. Sorry the "We" was not you and me .. was people playing Albion.

I actually agree with your comment that guild functionality and rights there should change and yes only the developers can do that., I did ignore that, your 2.) it was a very good point and suggestion so I apologies for ignoring that and just concentrating on the other points. Thank you for that and I do hope that people reading and replying to this thread makes them notice suggestions like yours regarding the guild functionality. Having better tools and safety precautions there would be of asset to all except the scammers.

I already apologised to all concerning my opening paragraph, some of it was obvious and it was very long.. but none of it was meant to be insulting .. well maybe only to the scammers, hackers blackmailers, thieves and con artists, if I insulted anyone outside of that type of person sorry .. my bad

Yes I have no inside knowledge of hacking, scamming, etc .. so maybe I do not know best how to handle them .. all I can do is ask for help and get ideas and help for others .. which is what this post is about .. my solution to get people to stand against exploited and nerf alliance was what I could do and tried to do.

I have no inside experience of how to do the guild management system or other ideas along that line , I do not know what functionality could and should be implemented so would not know what to suggest.

I am sorry for that attachment on my previous post as your post does not reflect that at all .. but your 2. is actually constructive and trying to help (is for this reason that I am deleting that screenshot the association is wrong concerning your post here)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kinna ().