Malicious deceitful con artists, scamming, blackmailing

• Kinna wrote:

angrad wrote:

Kinna wrote:

Graveldog wrote:

You give someone the keys to your house and get pissed when they squat? The victim is guilty of ultimate stupidity.
    What about the rest of the housemates that had no control over what the holder of the keys did with the keys. And unless you a guild leader you are also are just a housemate with no control over what the keyholder does with the keys.
    You need a better key holder.
    Completely agree with this statement, our key holder at the time at very least messed up royally and the very worst ... ... but the rest of the guild had no say ion this and we now being told it is our own fault .. which I still do not get .. if so then anyone who joins a guild will be at fault as none of them have control over the keyholder/ keyholders
    I think you(Kinna) are victims, but such is the nature of joining a guild where you don't know/trust the guild leaders. If a guild says we will equip you in t5, pay us 50% tax and all .2s, .3s, and you pay your dues only to find that they do not or rarely ever equip you with free gear. Your trust was misplaced. In this case your trust was also misplaced in your guild leader who...again not sure why he/she would give someone with a name similar to another guild leader full permissions(a fellow guild leader would already have full permissions). Only SI can determine if that's the kind of game world they want to build, because full-loot means you're going to feel scammed a lot. If you get baited into a 1v1 that turns out to be a 1v20 is that a scam?

Going to battle against the Exploit alliance isn't going to change SI's mind about the kind of game world its playerbase wants. If anything what you are proposing in this thread is only creating the drama/content SI wants to see and utilizing the gvg game mechanics more which is what SI wants(more player created drama content, more gvg, more destroyed items, more gold bought).
  • UnGarsQuiBricole wrote:

Digit wrote:

Surl wrote:

Cullah wrote:

Surl wrote:

So you wouldn't have any moral problems stealing from a mentally handicapped person?
    You're stretching really hard now bud, its a game if you haven't noticed.
    I just wanted to draw attention to possible borderlines.
    It's a game.Would you kill because you kill in a game?Would you steal a car & commit grand theft auto, because you play grand theft auto?

Some things are fun to do, we know they're wrong hence why we don't do them- but a game gives people a format to do things they wouldn't otherwise do.

Stop connecting stupid shit.
    You mean you can't make the difference between killing a character or a NPC, and stealing from a player ?
    What's the difference?
    We're sharing the same game space, what transpired falls under the rules within the game, mechanically nothing wrong was done- one player lost another gained, that's the point of a sandbox open world full loot game.
    You fell for something you shouldn't have, learn from your mistakes- if you can't handle a game where you can lose so much then you bought the wrong game.

If you're unable to handle this, then get out, this ain't a shitty safe space MMO- there are plenty, move on.
    If this ever became an MMO like the hundreds already available, guess what? I'd move, there's a reason I don't play them & there's a reason I play this, it's called freedom- there are very few rules restricting what I can & can not do.
  • So all I've gathered is people got screwed over, and they are mad that someone took what is theirs. Sounds like the concept of the blackzone to me that is already established in the game.

I get it sucks you lost your guild stuff. But why complain to a forum about it when your leadership failed you in possibly the biggest way ever. Who didn't check if this alternate was legit? I mean how dumb can you be not to double check.

Makes no sense to me why you are upset with gamers who are willing to manipulate others to gain profit when that is literally the point of a player driven economy. Scamming happens everyday, if you're dumb like your guild seems to be you fall for it. If you are smart you avoid it. Sounds like crying over nothing to me. But it is hilarious.
  • jwilley34 wrote:

So all I've gathered is people got screwed over, and they are mad that someone took what is theirs. Sounds like the concept of the blackzone to me that is already established in the game.

I get it sucks you lost your guild stuff. But why complain to a forum about it when your leadership failed you in possibly the biggest way ever. Who didn't check if this alternate was legit? I mean how dumb can you be not to double check.

Makes no sense to me why you are upset with gamers who are willing to manipulate others to gain profit when that is literally the point of a player driven economy. Scamming happens everyday, if you're dumb like your guild seems to be you fall for it. If you are smart you avoid it. Sounds like crying over nothing to me. But it is hilarious.
    Apparently, some want SBI to override the rules of the game and make a special exception for them, because a guild leader made a very discretionary mistake.
  • Dygenn wrote:

jwilley34 wrote:

So all I've gathered is people got screwed over, and they are mad that someone took what is theirs. Sounds like the concept of the blackzone to me that is already established in the game.

Apparently, some want SBI to override the rules of the game and make a special exception for them, because a guild leader made a very discretionary mistake.
    It's just laughable someone would come here to get "justice" when no part of the game was tampered with. The keys were handed over... let that sink in. Literal permissions were given to an outsider without people checking or confirming his real identity.
  • Even that scamming can be considered a lack of moral values from people who do it, its actually not against rules in most games, specially sandbox and full loot ones.

Altough there are some ingame mechanisms to make every and single person who plays it, to be able to avoid scamms if they pay attention to what they are doing.

Its understandable that you guys are very sorry for you loss, but besides it being a scam, it was your own fault.
    Giving perms to a person claiming to be the guild leader without even trying to check it first, was a TERRIBLE mistake and even thinking that scammers are a pain in the ass, i also think you guys deserved what you got for the stupidity involved in this action.

Welcome to your first full loot sandbox experience guys.

I hope this episode wont make you quit the game, but thats how things are.

Dont expect ingame moral values if your real life world doesnt have them at all. Because thats the world we built and live in. Get along.
    Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Silks ().

• I don't get it... how is this any different than a group of reds chasing you in Deadvien or some random black zone and tackling you to "steal your stuff"? Just because you didn't "trust" said reds? TRUST in only yourself, everyone else is out to screw you. don't let them! LOL

P.S. BTW if you every have any more "real life money purchases" you need someone else to safeguard I am always up for the task! ;)
    T8 Master Gatherer - Skinning, Ore, Fiber, Wood and Stone!
  • Dick move there and i understand your Frustration and your call for having these People punished.
    But at the same time they did nothing outside of the given rules of the game.

Punishing them should and must be done by the Players/community IF they want to.
    In no way should the devs punish or Change anything as the malicious Players are exploiting you and
    not the game.
  • Kinna wrote:

angrad wrote:

Kinna wrote:

Graveldog wrote:

You give someone the keys to your house and get pissed when they squat? The victim is guilty of ultimate stupidity.
    What about the rest of the housemates that had no control over what the holder of the keys did with the keys. And unless you a guild leader you are also are just a housemate with no control over what the keyholder does with the keys.
    Completely agree with this statement, our key holder at the time at very least messed up royally and the very worst ... ... but the rest of the guild had no say ion this and we now being told it is our own fault .. which I still do not get .. if so then anyone who joins a guild will be at fault as none of them have control over the keyholder/ keyholders
    Seeing as this metaphor has taken to your liking, I'm going to use it to explain how it is your fault just as much as your "Key holders" fault.

Your key holder messed up royally. It was your choice to allow this person to be your key holder as soon as you placed items behind whatever door he was holding the key too.

"but the rest of the guild had no say ion this and we now being told it is our own fault"
    Yes you did, he didn't force you to put your items behind the door to which he held the key for, you chose to do that- you're all as irresponsible for putting your stuff there as he is.

Let me share something that sprung to mind while writing this, our guild leader "Lord Vicious" recently changed our home plot to that of Infinites plot because we joined into an alliance with them & a lot of our guild mates transferred their stuff to their plot from our previous plot & I remember Lord Vicious saying to us, move your stuff to their plot, I remember saying "No" & to which he replied with "Why" I flat out at that moment said to him, "I'm not placing items in a place I do not own"- I've played these games for years, my head isn't buried in the dirt, if I do something stupid then it was my fault no one else.

"if so then anyone who joins a guild will be at fault as none of them have control over the keyholder/ keyholders"
    Correct, do not place your items behind a door you do not have the key too, unless you 100% trust the person & even then, shit happens.
  • First couple days playing this game, I was running with a guild called Eclipse.

I remember being in discord, and hearing an officer argue with a member over something petty... The officer kicked the member, and killed him inside the tower plot.

The member had all of his gear left in territory he could no longer access.

I thought to myself at that moment "I'll never store anything in a territory I can't afford to lose."
    "Let the world know that I plan to die."
  • Basically their was problems with guild leaders, the person then used this and created a fake account Jamlecake instead of Jamiecake. They whispered the person Jamiecake trusted with the leadership, the person for reasons of his own ( I leave you to speculate handed over leadership to an "alt" given by this Jamlecake)
    The moment the alt got the guild they started kicking everyone from the guild. Then Jamlecake tried to sell the guild and territory for 500million, which no one was buying, realising this he tried his next option. He faked a sale between Jamlecake and LordViscious saying he paid 150 million for it and he would give it back to us for 200million.
    When this was not agreed to he said okay we just need to get Exploited into Hate alliance and let them attack Albion Choppers territory in Redscarp wells, which for obvious reasons we did not even consider. Then the person came out and said he actually paid nothing for the sale, they scammed the scammer and LordViscious got leadership but did not pay for it, he claimed they used a third party that just did not pay over the money .. but they got the leadership of Friendly.
    He then through LordViscious said we could get our stuff out if we paid him 200k silver, the stuff from the territory bank that they could not access anyway. The donated chests stuff and chests in guild halls they would keep for themselves and sold. LordViscious had left Hate alliance and joined friendly to his own Nerf alliance, of which infinity and exploited is a part of.
    Digit and Aceofspadesqq also tried scam and are involved. Now they are saying again they will get LordViscious to give us the guild back for 200million .. of course as they are involved and trying to continue their scam they would if we pay.
    Guildmembers had no control over this and theft is still theft real world time and money spent even in a virtual world that money was still spent, no actual game mechanics were used to get the guild is was a con and scam.

@Digit , I know you involved so sorry if I do not take your posts seriously, you are in that guild, so of course you will back the actions. I said those who are con artists, scammers and black mailers would do everything to true get me to stop or back off. This is not the same as being ganked or attacked in black zone, that is part of the game and has game mechanics and skill requirements and actually playing involved. being scammed by a con artist to steal your things when you have no action to take is something completely different.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kinna ().

• Kinna wrote:

angrad wrote:

Kinna wrote:

Graveldog wrote:

Although I completely trust my guild leader and leadership now due to previous guilds I was in: KDS, Eclipse, Rest in Piece... I will never store anything in any storage I do not control and once I've donated something I never expect anything in return.
    Most guilds and guild leaders are retarded. I'm lucky in that I've found an amazing guild now, but most are out there to just exploit all the people in their guild rather than work as a true guild. Let this be a lesson to you.
  • KInna, you are causing more drama then what it needs to be.Grow the fuck up, and accept that your guild was stupid enough to be scammed. No one at fault, except for you. If you hand someone your car keys, then they steal your car. WHO AT FAULT? You or the guy who you willingly gave your car keys to? IT'S FUCKING YOU!

So, quit this nonsense, and if you ever come near the city plot with this so called ''ARMY'', I'll be waiting there with my 6.1 warbow, and my 7.1 gear waiting to gank you nerds. So, grow the fuck up or pay another price of losing your shit because your at fault, but you need someone to blame it on, so you can sleep happily in bed and seem like a ''hero.'' No, you just causing more drama and it needs to stop.

Albion Online isn't a full time job, and no isn't a safe place to place your money in just so you get gold and buy more and more gear. Once, you learn that then you'll be able to quit this drama and go to sleep with a smile.

P.S. You got EXPLOITED.
  • SparkyTheIdiot wrote:

KInna, you are causing more drama then what it needs to be.Grow the fuck up, and accept that your guild was stupid enough to be scammed. No one at fault, except for you. If you hand someone your car keys, then they steal your car. WHO AT FAULT? You or the guy who you willingly gave your car keys to? IT'S FUCKING YOU!

So, quit this nonsense, and if you ever come near the city plot with this so called ''ARMY'', I'll be waiting there with my 6.1 warbow, and my 7.1 gear waiting to gank you nerds. So, grow the fuck up or pay another price of losing your shit because your at fault, but you need someone to blame it on, so you can sleep happily in bed and seem like a ''hero.'' No, you just causing more drama and it needs to stop.

Albion Online isn't a full time job, and no isn't a safe place to place your money in just so you get gold and buy more and more gear. Once, you learn that then you'll be able to quit this drama and go to sleep with a smile.

P.S. You got EXPLOITED.
    Calm ur tits.
  • SparkyTheIdiot wrote:

KInna, you are causing more drama then what it needs to be.Grow the fuck up, and accept that your guild was stupid enough to be scammed. No one at fault, except for you. If you hand someone your car keys, then they steal your car. WHO AT FAULT? You or the guy who you willingly gave your car keys to? IT'S FUCKING YOU!

P.S. You got EXPLOITED.
    And there goes the next post by one of the scammers and connivers, and still how is it our fault, we had no control over this? The blame is on the ones who conned then tried to blackmail then tried to sound all scary
  • Once, many years ago my brother lost all his savings on runescape because some people had a scam where they subtly created the impression that a junk item was worth 100 mill and then had another guy selling it for 50 mill.

Did I feel sorry for my brother? No. Because falling for such a scam was completely retarded. I still take the piss out of him for it.

This is basically the same thing but instead you have the in-game savings of hundreds of people at stake. Lets be honest just about any kid can make a dummy account, its like the oldest trick in the book.

I mean theres things like password phishing sites which are cancer... and then theres this. I cant really manage sympathy over handing access of a big established guild to a fucking fresh char no questions asked.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MightySheep ().

• Kinna wrote:

Basically their was problems with guild leaders, the person then used this and created a fake account Jamlecake instead of Jamiecake. They whispered the person Jamiecake trusted with the leadership, the person for reasons of his own ( I leave you to speculate handed over leadership to an "alt" given by this Jamlecake)
    The moment the alt got the guild they started kicking everyone from the guild. Then Jamlecake tried to sell the guild and territory for 500million, which no one was buying, realising this he tried his next option. He faked a sale between Jamlecake and LordViscious saying he paid 150 million for it and he would give it back to us for 200million.
    When this was not agreed to he said okay we just need to get Exploited into Hate alliance and let them attack Albion Choppers territory in Redscarp wells, which for obvious reasons we did not even consider. Then the person came out and said he actually paid nothing for the sale, they scammed the scammer and LordViscious got leadership but did not pay for it, he claimed they used a third party that just did not pay over the money .. but they got the leadership of Friendly.
    He then through LordViscious said we could get our stuff out if we paid him 200k silver, the stuff from the territory bank that they could not access anyway. The donated chests stuff and chests in guild halls they would keep for themselves and sold. LordViscious had left Hate alliance and joined friendly to his own Nerf alliance, of which infinity and exploited is a part of.
    Digit and Aceofspadesqq also tried scam and are involved. Now they are saying again they will get LordViscious to give us the guild back for 200million .. of course as they are involved and trying to continue their scam they would if we pay.
    Guildmembers had no control over this and theft is still theft real world time and money spent even in a virtual world that money was still spent, no actual game mechanics were used to get the guild is was a con and scam.

@Digit , I know you involved so sorry if I do not take your posts seriously, you are in that guild, so of course you will back the actions. I said those who are con artists, scammers and black mailers would do everything to true get me to stop or back off. This is not the same as being ganked or attacked in black zone, that is part of the game and has game mechanics and skill requirements and actually playing involved. being scammed by a con artist to steal your things when you have no action to take is something completely different.
    Thanks for the explanation. But could you elaborate more on what happened with the original Jamiecake? If I understand correctly Jamiecake was the original leader of your guild. But he/she stopped playing? Or for some reason gave control over the guild to someone he/she trusted. At what point did Jamiecake lose permissions to the guild such that the person he entrusted would think that the actual Jamiecake would be asking for permission rights?
  • Kinna wrote:

@Digit , I know you involved so sorry if I do not take your posts seriously, you are in that guild, so of course you will back the actions.
    I'm a man of reason, you give a valid & reasonable argument & I will agree with you, you haven't you've done nothing but complain & state how you have been done wrong in an environment that allows such things to happen- You've continued to shift blame from yourself onto those that took something from you, you've continued to slander & act unreasonable toward those you've already deemed or labelled an enemy.
    I get it, you're frustrated & angry that you lost your shit but at no point in our PMs did I ever say I wouldn't help you, you chose to deem me an enemy instantly- even killing me as soon as you saw me outside the plot. I can't reason, condone or even side with illogical behaviour & I refuse too.

"He then through LordViscious said we could get our stuff out if we paid him 200k silver"
    I did tell you, if you wanted your shit I'd get you invited for free without payment. Instead some of you chose to pay Lord Vicious instead of get it for free, blows my mind.