this place is dead as fuck

• I'm still playing, I manage to have fun at times, but half of my friendlist are offline for more than a week. Some relatively famous streamers have abandoned the game atleast until the patch.
    Lots of people warned the devs what will happen, they didn't listen.
    As I was saying before, now they need to give people 5 more tiers asap, alot of small scale combat, asap. That's the minimum requirement, and they need to do it now. Not in a month, not in 3 months, but right here and now. And after that, they should fix their broken mechanics, asap. Deal with zerging, deal with immortal gatherers, promote small scale engagements, increase amount of trashing dramatically, decrease inflow of resources dramatically, make crafting individualistic and make it require time, decentralize economy (Destroy Carleon, create BZ cities). Now.
    At this point only a miracle can save this game.
  • Yeah and when you openly admit you are giving special treatment to a select segment of your players you are opening yourself up to criticism

Time this company started listening to the grass roots players because what they don't realise is that these selected whales (who for the greater part will be yes men) aren't the ones you need to be reaching in order to give your game any long term survivability

Whales move on when they want their credit card to put them top of the tree in the next new MMO

The fact that SBI are openly admitting that different players are getting different treatment openly demonstrates how they view their players as a whole
  • Ahh yes the infamous "round table" composed of the guild masters of the same guilds who treat their members like slaves, taxing most of their silver drops and requiring resource donations from their gatherers yet only allow their special 5 man group to benefit all the while hoarding hundreds of thousands of in game gold purchased with said donations. These are clearly the players that deserve to have their input listened to and implemented into the game...
  • I just don't understand why SBI doesn't poll changes and updates. Do it like Runescape does it, make a poll on the forums aswell as "pollstations" in the cities that you can interact with and poll in-game. List all changes and updates they want to do. Majority rules, this should encourage players that doesn't check the forums aswell. And if they don't vote, they can't complain.

Also the games benfits for grinding is ridiculous. Increasing your combat power in a certain build for killing mobs? And then when you have spent hundred hours + on grinding, so you can actually be competetive in such an important part of the game as GvGs - the meta might change a lot because of the constant buffs and nerfs, and all of a sudden you find yourself back in the dungeons grinding an other build because your previous one is now obsolete. The necessity for some PvE is obvious, but its way of out proportion.

Edit:
    I should specify. Yes, PVE should reward you. But rather then give you "specialization" in one weapon, and one pair of boots. It should give you specialization on every weapon and armor in the tree its familiarized with. Example: Faming up a glaive, should also fame your pike, heron spear etc. And faming soldiers boots, should also fame up your knights boots, graveguard boots etc.

IN MY OPINION!

The post was edited 2 times, last by SliZeD ().

• VetonB wrote:

rip. Playing beta for 2 years just to realize that they don't want open world pvp on release
    I dont think its got anything to do with open world... Its the fact that their servers struggle to handle a simple 25v25(we only knew this from the very first alpha they ran, hasn't changed at all), which in a sandbox game is considered nothing special at all for an open world game. Thats besides the fact that every patch/update they are constantly nerfing any group activities as well as PvP in general to try to accommodate the new casuals, but even the casuals are quitting so now not only do they not have their core base anymore, they dont even have the new kids, they are just left with couple randoms who log in from time to time.
  • Antistar wrote:

the famous round table were some GM puts his ideas on the table, no one likes it, and it goes live anyway..

h e h e x d
    rofl, there was an actually decent round table,then they decided to bring in streamers and GM's from every guild and that was the last time we heard of a great idea for the game. At least before some round table members would speak up about shit ideas, but like u said, devs simply put it in anyways and then have to deal with the backlash, oh well, their game, hopefully they made lots of money.
  • Gank wrote:

Maybe it pays off with Sword new spell.
    depends how long that skill shot line is, 14m leap longest leap in game lol

HypeRNT wrote:

rofl, there was an actually decent round table,then they decided to bring in streamers and GM's from every guild and that was the last time we heard of a great idea for the game. At least before some round table members would speak up about shit ideas, but like u said, devs simply put it in anyways and then have to deal with the backlash, oh well, their game, hopefully they made lots of money.
    back before every RT member save Oldbear lost their spine in fear of losing RT access
  • owensssss wrote:

Gank wrote:

Maybe it pays off with Sword new spell.
    depends how long that skill shot line is, 14m leap longest leap in game lol

HypeRNT wrote:

back before every RT member save Oldbear lost their spine in fear of losing RT access
    God bless that stupid cunt and his RT posts.
  • Strikes me as odd people trying to over-analyze the drop in playerbase when there was constant unplayable lag for the first month of release. It's a miracle anybody stuck around at all tbh.

I'm not too bothered though, games like this are also fun with smaller sized playerbases. Frankly it was too crowded before. You get more community drama when its smaller and GvGs are easier.
  • MightySheep wrote:

Strikes me as odd people trying to over-analyze the drop in playerbase when there was constant unplayable lag for the first month of release. It's a miracle anybody stuck around at all tbh.

I'm not too bothered though, games like this are also fun with smaller sized playerbases. Frankly it was too crowded before. You get more community drama when its smaller and GvGs are easier.
    that lag was here since alpha tests... and its still here... You cant have a 20v20 without it turning into a slide show... And now i guess we are forced to play in small groups and limit which friends can join or we get punished. We also then have to 1v1 people and also get punished by criminal status, which then forces us to go and PvE in which we once again get punished because its simply the most boring aspect of the game with no rewards.

Playing this game at this point is like punishing yourself and all the new players simply dont comprehend why they are being punished for simply playing the damn game.