Craft laborers are very expensive to level (and byproduct is often useless)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Craft laborers are very expensive to level (and byproduct is often useless)

I found out if you level your crafts before you have -craft- laborers established, you are quite screwed up. Currently I sit at T3 leather laborers and cannot be bothered to buy stacks of T3 leather to craft useless T3 stuff to level them up. Please adjust similarly to gather laborers, where you can use T4 hide skinning to fill T2 journal. This is especially painful, if you have island in Caerleon - to get T2-T3 hides there is very expensive and whole process doesn't feel worth the result.
  • The math behind Craft laborers (and basically all laborers) is that you get 20% back of what you put in to fill the books (30% if laborers are 150%)
    Example: You craft away 10.000 resources while filling books.
    You'll fill enough books to get 2000-3000 resources back from the laborers.
    It may look like crap on t3, but do that on t7 and you'll be able to effectively craft for 20% less costs then most other players.

Therefore: laborers are actually VERY strong at higher levels if used right.
    (I know people who got like 200 laborers on higher tiers... if they craft with laborers in a city while also dumping focus with their 100/100 masteries, no newbie will be able to compete with their prices^^ They'll craft for like 30% of the resource-costs and still turn profits. In fact, newbies will HAVE TO use focus to compete with their prices without focus)
  • ixxxo wrote:

I found out if you level your crafts before you have -craft- laborers established, you are quite screwed up. Currently I sit at T3 leather laborers and cannot be bothered to buy stacks of T3 leather to craft useless T3 stuff to level them up. Please adjust similarly to gather laborers, where you can use T4 hide skinning to fill T2 journal. This is especially painful, if you have island in Caerleon - to get T2-T3 hides there is very expensive and whole process doesn't feel worth the result.
    This is just intended as a suggestion. If you're forced to consume T2-T3 resources to fill crafting journals, go to the local town with those particular resources at the cheapest price. Crafting journals are light and you can 'naked travel' with them back to Caerleon inexpensively after crafting a bunch of junk in, say, Bridgewatch, if that's the place with cheap T2-3 resources to burn up.
  • As far as I know, you cannot travel with anything to/from Caerleon... IF this works, is it intended or bug?

Still it's flawed design, as it forces you to create overflown byproduct nobody needs and has no use anymore. You cannot study it, and putting it on market at 40s piece is not helping anyone.

EDIT: just tested, you cannot travel even with empty journals from Caerleon, as expected.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ixxxo ().

• ZaZii wrote:

The math behind Craft laborers (and basically all laborers) is that you get 20% back of what you put in to fill the books (30% if laborers are 150%)
    It may look like crap on t3, but do that on t7 and you'll be able to effectively craft for 20% less costs then most other players.

(I know people who got like 200 laborers on higher tiers... if they craft with laborers in a city while also dumping focus with their 100/100 masteries, no newbie will be able to compete with their prices^^ They'll craft for like 30% of the resource-costs and still turn profits. In fact, newbies will HAVE TO use focus to compete with their prices without focus)
    While these are good points, and I am thankful for additional info, I still think it's way too restricted. Some time ago, there was solid remake done, to prevent unnecessary amounts of items crafted which just ended up all over the market. The Study system was brought in. This looks to me like an overlooked part which was supposed to be removed with Study introduction. My main point is why to craft 999 T3 leather worth of T3 stuff when nobody needs it really. Crafting T4 is already much more useful considering T4 has .1-3 rarities, which can usually find their audience.

Especially, if craft laborers are so strong, and lot of people will likely discover this too late, it will again end up in T2-3 crafting circle just for sole purpose to level their laborers.
  • ixxxo wrote:

ZaZii wrote:

The math behind Craft laborers (and basically all laborers) is that you get 20% back of what you put in to fill the books (30% if laborers are 150%)

While these are good points, and I am thankful for additional info, I still think it's way too restricted. Some time ago, there was solid remake done, to prevent unnecessary amounts of items crafted which just ended up all over the market. The Study system was brought in. This looks to me like an overlooked part which was supposed to be removed with Study introduction. My main point is why to craft 999 T3 leather worth of T3 stuff when nobody needs it really. Crafting T4 is already much more useful considering T4 has .1-3 rarities, which can usually find their audience.
    Especially, if craft laborers are so strong, and lot of people will likely discover this too late, it will again end up in T2-3 crafting circle just for sole purpose to level their laborers.
    No they won't....because they'll use trophy journals like sensible people.
  • ZaZii wrote:

Did you even read his post? Youbare completely out of topic.

Just use generic trophies to level your laborers.

Anyway they seem a bit useless right now I have 3 T6 leather crafter laborers, they each give me 5 or 6 leather every day and wont get more as you currently cannot get 150 happiness. That is 16 leather a day, it's really not much, at this rate it will take months to get a return on the big investment that was building the house and getting the furnitures.
  • Not sure about the 20%, all I can tell youbis that I craft T6.2 items and journals take barely more than 1 craft to fill, so filling them is easy I could probably fill 6 of them on most days but it would take me an other house with 3 laborers to take advantage of it. The fact is that you get 5 or 6 leather with 125% happiness at T6 (which is the most you can have right now). Worss than that since ypu often get other ressources that sell for less than leather. Sometimes you get a 6.1 or 6.2 ressource but that is pretty rare. It costs me nothing to fill the journals so once you paid for the house crafting laborers are pure profit as you never risk losing the journals. But the profit seems to be really small right now.
  • the crafting laborers bring back 3 different refined resources. My mage tower crafter brings back cloth, wood, and metal - even though I only ever use cloth when crafting there. It still brings the 20%, its just divided among those 3 types randomly. I just sell the metal and wood. Either way, a return is still a return and saves you time or money getting the materials again. I think of it more as a discount than free materials. If you really want a strong return then fill your island with houses and max them out with laborers. Eventually you won't need to go farming if you don't want to and can have a steady stream of refined materials coming back. Sell the ones you don't use to buy the ones you do.