Quadrupal Open World Chest Silver & improve drops/fame

  • Terrorsauce wrote:

    Korn wrote:

    Thanks for the feedback, we are looking into this.
    Literally thousands of post in beta, on reddit, and here that tell you daily your sandbox lacks content.
    "Looking into it"

    Great. You can look at your game and finally see it sucks. You have given us a road map already. Nothing will be done before Feb. What short term solutions can you really think of or implament to this game to keep me interested and playing it? I came to this game because yo advertised it as an open world sandbox. Yet you only want to add instanced content and even more instancing with arena's for the first patch in late September. People literally just sit in town and queue for stuff then log out. AWESOME CONTENT KORN!

    So when you say your, "looking into it," what are you really saying? Your going to not add the arena? Your going to change it so people have to queue for expeditions and travel to the entrance in the black zone? Your going to make more open world content? Your going to improve open world dungeons? Because I dont see anything like that happening, which leads me to believe you are just trying to stifle the people that keep saying....

    "YOUR SANDBOX LACKS CONTENT"

    Looking into it....lol. Yea ill be looking into a new game bud. You keep on looking lol. What a joke.
    The roadmap is for big patches, not small scale balance changes which they do in between. He can look into rebalancing chests...

    Please look into a new game, you're just a toxic pos anyway, the game is better off without you.
  • Lensar wrote:

    Eurhetikz wrote:

    ^I'm still making 150-200k (12 chests per zone, ~15-20 minute laps = 4.8K per chest * 48 chests) per hour just in silver off T6 chests, which seems fair. Also, the drops have been pretty consistently good if you put in anything over an hour. I feel like after selling all the additional loot, I'm making just as much if not more than I was pre-nerf, but there is more risk involved in losing profit if I die.
    I'm dubious, but if true, this is even further proof that the rewards need to be increased since clearly you're the only one out there doing them.

    This exact thing happened in Beta 2. All the black zones became ghost towns because there was no incentive for small groups to roam the map.
    Currently a member of Grey, and we have 3 of the top 10 silver collected farmers this week OFF A SINGLE T6 MAP.

    Don't be dubious, it's easy to farm silver. This entire post is ridiculous.
  • Svander wrote:

    Lensar wrote:

    Eurhetikz wrote:

    ^I'm still making 150-200k (12 chests per zone, ~15-20 minute laps = 4.8K per chest * 48 chests) per hour just in silver off T6 chests, which seems fair. Also, the drops have been pretty consistently good if you put in anything over an hour. I feel like after selling all the additional loot, I'm making just as much if not more than I was pre-nerf, but there is more risk involved in losing profit if I die.
    I'm dubious, but if true, this is even further proof that the rewards need to be increased since clearly you're the only one out there doing them.
    This exact thing happened in Beta 2. All the black zones became ghost towns because there was no incentive for small groups to roam the map.
    Currently a member of Grey, and we have 3 of the top 10 silver collected farmers this week OFF A SINGLE T6 MAP.
    Don't be dubious, it's easy to farm silver. This entire post is ridiculous.

    You also have hassle free access to the best chests in the game.. I hit top 3 silver farmed per week multiple times in beta farming where you guys do. I was out in Well of the Worlds last night, getting harassed so often with no back up around that it wasn't even worth it (Not the mention the 2 hour portal timer or kingdom hopping required to even get there if you don't have territory in Mercia). I have to pick 2 chests for every 1 chest you pick to make the same silver, and the drops aren't as good cause the mobs aren't T8. Not arguing that it isn't easy to farm silver with chests, but it isn't as easy to farm the silver numbers you guys are putting up when not everyone has access. I'd like to see how your members numbers compared if they had to farm T6 Anglia chests.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Eurhetikz ().

  • Svander wrote:

    Don't be dubious, it's easy to farm silver. This entire post is ridiculous.

    What tier chests are you farming? Why are you able to get all those chests uncontested. THIS is the problem. Open-world pvp is pretty much dead.

    All you have now is portal camping and warcamp zerging.

    You claim you make lots of silver on a T6 map, but the map level is meaningless. All that matters is the tier of the random spawn monster camps. In many black zones, the monster camps are T2, T3, and T4, and I have no idea why. Maybe it's tied to the node rarity in the low, medium, and high black zones.

    Either way, this is a serious problem with the game. Outside of GvGs and Hellgates, I see almost zero pvp. When I gather, I'll have people harass me at times to run me off, but there's no actually pvp. If I come across an enemy skinning a mammoth, I don't attack him, I just start skinning the same mammoth. If he tries to attack me, I know he likely has friends coming, so I'll mount up and run away. If he doesn't, we both keep skinning til it's gone and then go our separate ways.

    Most of the pvpers I know have moved to red zones now, because it's the only place you can find pvp. Although it's not really pvp, it's ganking. They flag up and cull as many people as they can in the red zones. Obviously, this trashes their rep very quickly, but then they just delete their character, spend 30 minutes grinding up a new one to T4, then go right back at it.

    I don't beshrew them for doing this, though it's not really my thing. They are finding ways to have fun in the game. But this just another symptom of the problem.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Lensar ().

  • One thing I'd like to add.

    There should be a clear distinction in silver/loot received from chests in BZ camps as opposed to RZ camps. Right now, there isn't. It's ridiculously easy to farm Red Zones for chests, as virtually no one ever ganks there anymore. It's pretty simple: do something to make it more rewarding to do BZ camps and make it easier to roam RZ as flagged. Push people towards Black Zones by enticing them: more people doing chests there = more prey for gankers = more people in BZ.
  • Lensar wrote:

    Small scale PvPers, gankers, chest hunters... none of these people are out in the black zones anymore. You never see anyone except other gatherers.

    I used to be able to convince some folks to come out to these zones and clear monster camps for silver, but the unexplained nerf of silver drops from chests killed off any remaining incentive.
    this is a lie...

    fact?

    (or merely an observational bias?)
  • Captainrussia wrote:

    this is a lie...

    fact?

    (or merely an observational bias?)
    If you got to T8 stone gathering, you know exactly what I mean. The promise of groups going out together to gather never came to pass. It's solo and maybe duo gatherers running around the zones with zero fear of being killed short of running into several people specifically set up and camping an exit. Even then, the gatherer needs to simply turn and ride the other way and they'll be fine.

    I don't have an issue with gatherers being able to avoid pvp. My problem is with the fact that there's no one to fight in the open-world because there is no incentive for people to go there.

    Honestly, a lot of this is a result of the 3 second auto-attack delay. I'm not going to rail against the delay itself, as I don't think that's really the problem. The problem is that they added the 3 second auto attack delay without increasing the time it takes to mount up when your horse isn't already out. If they increased it by 3 seconds, it would solve many problems. Gatherers with their mounts out would still be able to escape as easily as they do now. Others who are ganking or fighting mobs would once again be vulnerable to attack.
  • Lardeur wrote:

    I think the main problem is that yellow zones are overcrowded, like waaaay overcrowded (I see that everyday as beeing a yellow gatherer myself - you meet people everywhere, lots of empty nodes, etc.), while black zones are empty.

    However, there are way more black zones than yellow zones.

    So there are only 2 solutions here : we need more yellow zones, and less black zones (if 75%+ of the player base play in yellow zones while only 25%- play in black zones, it is logical that we encounter too many people in a small yellow area while we dont see anybody in a too big black area).

    Or,

    We need to encourage yellow players to go into black (and full loot zerg non-consensual pvp) zones.

    I dont think only buffing chest camps would be the solution, it will just make the few people farming chests in black zones richer.

    I still agree that the chest nerf was too much, if you want to reduce the silver gain, you should definitely make that it always loots some runes/souls AND items, but I dont think it will solve anything about the emptyness of black zones.
    Um the encouragement is that in bz there is allways full nodes.. The issue is that players still don't get how much more rewarding bz is, compared to its currently low risk of dying.

    Making more yellow zones would discourage players from taking risk. That would be bad...

    Your issue is already answered in your own post. The changes already live. Its only for the players to see it for themself..
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"
    - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Lardeur wrote:

    I think the main problem is that yellow zones are overcrowded, like waaaay overcrowded (I see that everyday as beeing a yellow gatherer myself - you meet people everywhere, lots of empty nodes, etc.), while black zones are empty.

    However, there are way more black zones than yellow zones.

    So there are only 2 solutions here : we need more yellow zones, and less black zones (if 75%+ of the player base play in yellow zones while only 25%- play in black zones, it is logical that we encounter too many people in a small yellow area while we dont see anybody in a too big black area).

    Or,

    We need to encourage yellow players to go into black (and full loot zerg non-consensual pvp) zones.

    I dont think only buffing chest camps would be the solution, it will just make the few people farming chests in black zones richer.

    I still agree that the chest nerf was too much, if you want to reduce the silver gain, you should definitely make that it always loots some runes/souls AND items, but I dont think it will solve anything about the emptyness of black zones.

    That won't happen. Devs want player to go to black zone as end content, The reason yellow zone is overcrowded is that player doesn't want to die [depending of the type of player], for instance a gatherer, depending on his skill and capability may choose to stay or not. Captain Russian good escaper, uses bloodletter for mobility wlill go and farm in black zone, there are also other type of gatherer who will do the same. However, there are gatherer who are not in the same level as these guys, Me for example, I used to use nature staff and a long bow, I'm not good at escaping and it's just stressfull fo rme [this is through red zone alone which I stop going 2 weeks ago], Not good escaping, call me noob call me whatever , don't care. People like myself will stay in yellow zone and are content with the overcroweded people because we [people like myself] choosed to play in a semi safe zone [rare pk really rare pk]...
    In yellow zone I reached t8 hide, the reward is never going to be the same or better than black zone but im happy with it imgur.com/a/bkkZH.. Increasing yellow zone will only make more player perma stay in yellow zone instead of venturing out into the red or black zone...
    goo.gl/xPMhXU
    goo.gl/GK4CMs
    Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
    Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
    Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
    Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
    HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
  • I play mostly for PvP and I moved to red zones, because I can actually find small scale PvP there. Some people still do chests and dungeons, so I can gank for fun and even profit.

    Black zones were populated near Blencathra, last week it was Cley Hill (Creag Gubb to be exact), and now those are empty too.

    I warned you about this. You'll see, in two weeks you will be able to effortlessly get hourly chests in bzs, and only one time out of ten someone will appear to contest, mark my words. Black zones are already safe zones for gathering.
  • Maybe it's just the 3-day weekend, but things seem especially dead now. I'm playing other games to pass the time while I wait for others to feel motivated enough to do GvG/HGs, which is usually a sign that the end is near. The very same thing happened in beta 2. Lack of open-world pvp, lack of threats, lack of prey. Empty zones. Passing time until instanced PvP.

    Assuming things don't turn around, I think the two biggest culprits in Albion's early transition into "a game I used to play" were server performance and the 3-second auto-attack rule. A design paradigm that is non-conducive to open-world PvP plus a lack of critical mass due to performance issues usually equals an early transition into "niche" MMO status.
  • Korn wrote:

    Thanks for the feedback, we are looking into this.
    /more feedback

    I only have a short time per day, and only a few days a week at best to play
    I used to do safe-zone chests but now it's not worth anything
    Especially when a recently-opened chest will have a severely low silver drop, no runes and mostly no gear
    Even a "good" chest is low on runes sometimes and absurdly high sometimes
    No one likes inconsistent junk , especially after a long day at work
    When the gold hits 1k+ then I guess I'll have silver =p

    /feedback
  • Safe zone chests.. lol.

    Lensar wrote:

    Maybe it's just the 3-day weekend, but things seem especially dead now. I'm playing other games to pass the time while I wait for others to feel motivated enough to do GvG/HGs, which is usually a sign that the end is near. The very same thing happened in beta 2. Lack of open-world pvp, lack of threats, lack of prey. Empty zones. Passing time until instanced PvP.
    Assuming things don't turn around, I think the two biggest culprits in Albion's early transition into "a game I used to play" were server performance and the 3-second auto-attack rule. A design paradigm that is non-conducive to open-world PvP plus a lack of critical mass due to performance issues usually equals an early transition into "niche" MMO status.


    The 3 second rule is good for PvP, the only people who are hating on it are bad.
  • Lensar wrote:

    Zones are empty. The only small scale PvP going on is happening in portal zones. Gatherers are able to avoid combat entirely and only ever die if they make the choice to engage in combat instead of running away.

    Small scale PvPers, gankers, chest hunters... none of these people are out in the black zones anymore. You never see anyone except other gatherers.

    I used to be able to convince some folks to come out to these zones and clear monster camps for silver, but the unexplained nerf of silver drops from chests killed off any remaining incentive.

    I recommend doing the following and quickly:

    - Reverse the silver nerf and in fact, double it from where it was. (if you need to balance the "budget" nerf dungeon and hellgate silver drops) People need to be hugely rewarded for running around in the open world attacking mobs.
    - Drastically increase the fame for open-world monster camps. Unlike dungeons or hellgates, these aren't a steady stream of consistent fame, and shouldn't be rewarded based on it. I'd recommend a 6-8x fame increase to encourage people to attack these camps.
    - Further increase the item drop rate of chests. Why are these only SOMETIMES dropping items or runes? These should always be dropping these.

    Yes, I get that 5v5 battles in GvGs and Hellgates are where Albion really shines, but the game is supposed to be an open-world sandbox. You need to give people incentives to spread out and roam the lands in as small a group as they feel comfortable. Otherwise, you end up with dead empty zones like we have now.
    About gatherers, you are completely correct, unless I am not paying attention to the screen or I am the one engaging it is next to impossible to kill a gatherer. Gathering is boring now that we are invincible.
  • If you add more yellow zones you will make it even worse. Problem is that there are a lot of people who likes some complex social interaction, but don't like PvP (or just can't, as i am).
    You should make this zones blue (in fact they are now), but you need to do something with flagging mechanism, it's to retarded to make everyone prepare before PvP on PvP zones. For example you can add more warzones, like HG or Claims, but with free resources and mob camps.
    And it would be great, if you do something about motivation to PvP and equipment damage.
    1. 10% losing - bad thing, it's better to be 10% chance of losing used equipment, but nothing about things in bag. 10% after any death, even if mob kills you. Red zones better to be 30% breaking + 10% losing + 30% drops from bag. It will motivate people to move to the red zones, and get them ready to BZ.
    2. Mob camps are to easy, they are kinda solo dung, but you can kill them like a fly with lower equipment
    3. There is no any non combat activities, except craft, i mean something like hide and seek quest would be great!
  • JDiks wrote:


    Lensar wrote:

    About gatherers, you are completely correct, unless I am not paying attention to the screen or I am the one engaging it is next to impossible to kill a gatherer. Gathering is boring now that we are invincible.

    False feedback with nonsensical arguments. I have killed more than 40 gatherers being two people nothing more. With what need to lie like this? At the moment the whole system is well, it can be enjoyed. The only negative is the fact that a single player can not do ganking, for the rest is excellent.
  • Eurhetikz wrote:

    The 3 second rule is good for PvP, the only people who are hating on it are bad.

    Guys like you get off on saying this over and over again, for some reason, likely some deep-seated desire to try to feel superior over someone, somewhere, for once in your life.

    The fact of the matter is that black zones are empty and dead. There's is no PvP to be found outside portal camping and warcamp zerging. You can blame this on declining numbers due to the normal 75 day drop off of players or due to horrible server performance issues, if you want; that's surely part of it. But I think most people realize that the overall design paradigm has done far too little to encourage open-world blackzone pvp. The point of contention is usually over which design elements hurt the chances of open-world pvp vs those that help.

    Either way, no amount of "l2p" posts will change the fact that the game feels like it's starting to slip down into a very bad hole.