Quadrupal Open World Chest Silver & improve drops/fame

• Quadrupal Open World Chest Silver & improve drops/fame

Zones are empty. The only small scale PvP going on is happening in portal zones. Gatherers are able to avoid combat entirely and only ever die if they make the choice to engage in combat instead of running away.

Small scale PvPers, gankers, chest hunters... none of these people are out in the black zones anymore. You never see anyone except other gatherers.

I used to be able to convince some folks to come out to these zones and clear monster camps for silver, but the unexplained nerf of silver drops from chests killed off any remaining incentive.

I recommend doing the following and quickly:

- Reverse the silver nerf and in fact, double it from where it was. (if you need to balance the "budget" nerf dungeon and hellgate silver drops) People need to be hugely rewarded for running around in the open world attacking mobs.
    - Drastically increase the fame for open-world monster camps. Unlike dungeons or hellgates, these aren't a steady stream of consistent fame, and shouldn't be rewarded based on it. I'd recommend a 6-8x fame increase to encourage people to attack these camps.
    - Further increase the item drop rate of chests. Why are these only SOMETIMES dropping items or runes? These should always be dropping these.

Yes, I get that 5v5 battles in GvGs and Hellgates are where Albion really shines, but the game is supposed to be an open-world sandbox. You need to give people incentives to spread out and roam the lands in as small a group as they feel comfortable. Otherwise, you end up with dead empty zones like we have now.
  • I wonder if there is a way you could make it so that these random monster camp mobs give great fame for groups of 5 or less, but much less fame the larger the group. The ideal situation is one where lots of small scale groups are vying for these camps due to the great rewards, while zergs consider them a waste of time.

IMO, the fame penalty for large groups should be very severe in the open-world. Zerg fame farming (groups of 8+) should really only be viable inside dungeons and special areas like No Respite.
  • I think the main problem is that yellow zones are overcrowded, like waaaay overcrowded (I see that everyday as beeing a yellow gatherer myself - you meet people everywhere, lots of empty nodes, etc.), while black zones are empty.

However, there are way more black zones than yellow zones.

So there are only 2 solutions here : we need more yellow zones, and less black zones (if 75%+ of the player base play in yellow zones while only 25%- play in black zones, it is logical that we encounter too many people in a small yellow area while we dont see anybody in a too big black area).

Or,

We need to encourage yellow players to go into black (and full loot zerg non-consensual pvp) zones.

I dont think only buffing chest camps would be the solution, it will just make the few people farming chests in black zones richer.

I still agree that the chest nerf was too much, if you want to reduce the silver gain, you should definitely make that it always loots some runes/souls AND items, but I dont think it will solve anything about the emptyness of black zones.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Lardeur ().

• Talion wrote:

Changes

Increased the drop rate of Runes and Souls from mob chests by ~5x

This is a good start, at least.

Also, is there any reason that so many black zones have T2 and T3 mob camps? If T8 camps were dropping 45k silver, I can understand the need to lower that. But the amount of silver from the T2-T4 mob camps is laughably small, and it makes no sense to me why there are such low level mobs in the black.
  • I'v been doing A LOT of chest hunting since the silver change, from my experience: the occasional drop from T7 chest is worth it, if you're lucky enough, it can even get crazy with the black market.
    Now for chests below T6, I can see a problem rising - flat T2 stuff dropping from T4 chests in the BZ feels not right at all and fame balance between grouping in dungeons/hgs and doing anything else is a real issue (altho I agree that grouping in a dungeon should stay as the most rewarding but not as much as now)

In the end, I think it's more of a content issue but as a temp fix which should not require too much code, I suggest this:

- I think the risk vs reward could be easily balanced if every camp in the BZs (and only in BZ!s) had a boss/named with a veteran mob along. Fame is naturally higher on veteran tier and boss, so is drop rate - it would fit the solo/very small scale challenge/reward (and pleases open world pvpers/gankers, think about it)
    - Solo dungeons could have at least 50% of the mobs as veteran tier as well, again; more loot/challenge - at the same time, if 3+ people show up in a solo dungeon: red circle! and maybe lower the "recall" cast time, only in solo dungeons. (while at it, maybe implement your 6+ red circle suggestion for group dungeons and leave it as it is in open world?)
    - Rare ressources mobs could be veteran tier grade as well and the rarer the stronger the more combat fame reward: maybe make it so such mobs spawn more often in cumbria/mercia and balance it with less rare regular node spawns of the same ressource. (goal: increase challenge when gathering)

I wish solo dungeons were a lot bigger and common, hell, I wouldn't even complain if some of them were copy/paste of grp dungeons but with only 1 veteran mob / group and less bosses.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Drazhen ().

• ^I'm still making 150-200k (12 chests per zone, ~15-20 minute laps = 4.8K per chest * 48 chests) per hour just in silver off T6 chests, which seems fair. Also, the drops have been pretty consistently good if you put in anything over an hour. I feel like after selling all the additional loot, I'm making just as much if not more than I was pre-nerf, but there is more risk involved in losing profit if I die.
  • Eurhetikz wrote:

^I'm still making 150-200k (12 chests per zone, ~15-20 minute laps = 4.8K per chest * 48 chests) per hour just in silver off T6 chests, which seems fair. Also, the drops have been pretty consistently good if you put in anything over an hour. I feel like after selling all the additional loot, I'm making just as much if not more than I was pre-nerf, but there is more risk involved in losing profit if I die.
    Looks like you are teleporting from one chest to another, and every time there are no mobs, you never met empty camp and always know exact place where camp is on every map. There are only free chest waiting for you at each camp.
  • Lensar wrote:

Zones are empty. The only small scale PvP going on is happening in portal zones. Gatherers are able to avoid combat entirely and only ever die if they make the choice to engage in combat instead of running away.

Small scale PvPers, gankers, chest hunters... none of these people are out in the black zones anymore. You never see anyone except other gatherers.

I used to be able to convince some folks to come out to these zones and clear monster camps for silver, but the unexplained nerf of silver drops from chests killed off any remaining incentive.

I recommend doing the following and quickly:

- Reverse the silver nerf and in fact, double it from where it was. (if you need to balance the "budget" nerf dungeon and hellgate silver drops) People need to be hugely rewarded for running around in the open world attacking mobs.
    - Drastically increase the fame for open-world monster camps. Unlike dungeons or hellgates, these aren't a steady stream of consistent fame, and shouldn't be rewarded based on it. I'd recommend a 6-8x fame increase to encourage people to attack these camps.
    - Further increase the item drop rate of chests. Why are these only SOMETIMES dropping items or runes? These should always be dropping these.

Yes, I get that 5v5 battles in GvGs and Hellgates are where Albion really shines, but the game is supposed to be an open-world sandbox. You need to give people incentives to spread out and roam the lands in as small a group as they feel comfortable. Otherwise, you end up with dead empty zones like we have now.
    Dono where you are but the black zone is thriving, both in terms of pvp roam grps / arch noobs who feees flat t4 on a good day.. and gathers?

Stop complaining and actually leave the yellow zone
  • Eurhetikz wrote:

^I'm still making 150-200k (12 chests per zone, ~15-20 minute laps = 4.8K per chest * 48 chests) per hour just in silver off T6 chests, which seems fair. Also, the drops have been pretty consistently good if you put in anything over an hour. I feel like after selling all the additional loot, I'm making just as much if not more than I was pre-nerf, but there is more risk involved in losing profit if I die.

I'm dubious, but if true, this is even further proof that the rewards need to be increased since clearly you're the only one out there doing them.

This exact thing happened in Beta 2. All the black zones became ghost towns because there was no incentive for small groups to roam the map.
  • I'd also like to add on the same subject that too little build options are availables when you're solo/small scale roaming/chest hunting (and not only ganking or gathering, when you actually do all the stuff) because:

-Ambush is almost mandatory, reseting mobs aggro is so important that it kills builds variety, chest armor limits too much your options to have it as a prereq.

Suggestions to open up more choices:

- Lower/cheaper tier inviso potion - 3 sec duration
    - Add a 9m blink to mercenary invisibility boots (but also add a quick PC reveal if he goes ambush then invisibility)
    - Add a short aggro reset/immunity on the "run" boot skill (maybe only in the open world?)
  • Drazhen wrote:

I'd also like to add on the same subject that too little build options are availables when you're solo/small scale roaming/chest hunting (and not only ganking or gathering, when you actually do all the stuff) because:

-Ambush is almost mandatory, reseting mobs aggro is so important that it kills builds variety, chest armor limits too much your options to have it as a prereq.

- Add a 9m blink to mercenary invisibility boots (but also add a quick PC reveal if he goes ambush then invisibility)
    - Add a short aggro reset/immunity on the "run" boot skill (maybe only in the open world?)
    LOL, why don't they just give you a 1 spell auto kill too? Jesus
  • Skarnik wrote:

Drazhen wrote:

I'd also like to add on the same subject that too little build options are availables when you're solo/small scale roaming/chest hunting (and not only ganking or gathering, when you actually do all the stuff) because:

LOL, why don't they just give you a 1 spell auto kill too? Jesus
    Sorry what? the idea is to open up more options, horizontal stuff - not make things easier
  • He's quite right. From a solo or dps PvE point of view Ambush is more valuable than anything the other armors offer. That aggro dump is the only way that you can take on a large group of mobs or avoid dying to that bad dungeon pull.

I really don't understand why 'stealth' is so limited in this game. Yes, it should come at a cost, but given that in other games entire classes are based around perma-stealth, 6 second bursts every 40 seconds seems very, very weak.
  • Rokov wrote:

Eurhetikz wrote:

Looks like you are teleporting from one chest to another, and every time there are no mobs, you never met empty camp and always know exact place where camp is on every map. There are only free chest waiting for you at each camp.

So I'm a hacker because I know how to farm chests? LOL

To humor you: Sometimes camps are empty, mostly just the ones near territory. The camps are not free, I clear all the mobs (including elites/vets). I only farm one map and have been ddoing it since since beta, I know every chest spawn and map out my route in Paint everyday before starting. I average about 2 laps per cabbage soup with full T6 1handed frost staff build. Maybe you just suck.

Lensar wrote:

Eurhetikz wrote:

I'm dubious, but if true, this is even further proof that the rewards need to be increased since clearly you're the only one out there doing them.

This exact thing happened in Beta 2. All the black zones became ghost towns because there was no incentive for small groups to roam the map.

You are correct, I'm in a dead T6 zone with a territory, but to be fair, it was pretty dead pre-nerf so...
  • Eurhetikz wrote:

Rokov wrote:

Eurhetikz wrote:

So I'm a hacker because I know how to farm chests? LOL

To humor you: Sometimes camps are empty, mostly just the ones near territory. The camps are not free, I clear all the mobs (including elites/vets). I only farm one map and have been ddoing it since since beta, I know every chest spawn and map out my route in Paint everyday before starting. I average about 2 laps per cabbage soup with full T6 1handed frost staff build. Maybe you just suck.
    You are correct, I'm in a dead T6 zone with a territory, but to be fair, it was pretty dead pre-nerf so...
    So you are taking 12 chests with mob spawns on that and move around whole map in 15 mins, thas pretty fantastic, since just moving around whole map without killing a lot of mobs already tooks around 20 minutes.
  • Korn wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, we are looking into this.
    Literally thousands of post in beta, on reddit, and here that tell you daily your sandbox lacks content.

"Looking into it"

Great. You can look at your game and finally see it sucks. You have given us a road map already. Nothing will be done before Feb. What short term solutions can you really think of or implament to this game to keep me interested and playing it? I came to this game because yo advertised it as an open world sandbox. Yet you only want to add instanced content and even more instancing with arena's for the first patch in late September. People literally just sit in town and queue for stuff then log out. AWESOME CONTENT KORN!

So when you say your, "looking into it," what are you really saying? Your going to not add the arena? Your going to change it so people have to queue for expeditions and travel to the entrance in the black zone? Your going to make more open world content? Your going to improve open world dungeons? Because I dont see anything like that happening, which leads me to believe you are just trying to stifle the people that keep saying....

"YOUR SANDBOX LACKS CONTENT"

Looking into it....lol. Yea ill be looking into a new game bud. You keep on looking lol. What a joke.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Terrorsauce ().