What do I do now?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What do I do now?

Dear Albion players + Dev

I spent a lot of my time running a guild then I hung up my hat and moved on but now I see little left in the game What do do ingame now?
    I have 11 million fame and its all combat/pvp I have done gvg iv done red hellgates Now what have I reached time to wait for new content now?
    I think the largest problem is I have little reason to progress at this point other than to brag that you have a big pvp fame but that is not something I like I was hoping some update would come out to give me more tiers or something to keep me busy ?

Do I quit and wait for next update Or is something coming or have i missed something?
  • I feel like a good portion of the playerbase is coming to this same conclusion. The game is pretty shallow and what it does deliver is subpar. I'd suggest exchanging all your silver for gold and taking a break for a bit. Maybe check back once the first update hits, but currently the game is pretty shallow with a myriad of issues that just sort of suck the fun out of it. That's all subjective of course. But if you're bored and just playing so that you don't miss out on something, there's really not much point. Just my opinion though.
  • This is a sandbox MMO. In sandboxes, the sand doesn't entertain you with content. You make your own fun. Like, you could build a sand castle, or a sand turtle, or like a sand village. But the sand box isn't going to build it for you to come play with.

So... go build a sand castle.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ineran ().

• ineran wrote:

This is a sandbox MMO. In sandboxes, the sand doesn't entertain you with content. You make your own fun. Like, you could build a sand castle, or a sand turtle, or like a sand village. But the sand box isn't going to build it for you to come play with.

Which one would you prefer - a desert with a spatula and a small bucket for tools? Or a small sandpit with a larg amount of tools to shape it as you see fit? Because to me Albion Online right now is a mix of both: it's a sandpit with a spatula to play with it, since bigger kids took the bucket for themselves.
  • ineran wrote:

This is a sandbox MMO. In sandboxes, the sand doesn't entertain you with content. You make your own fun. Like, you could build a sand castle, or a sand turtle, or like a sand village. But the sand box isn't going to build it for you to come play with.

I did but at the top of the pyramid there isn't much sand its gvg after gvg to take land to make more money to repeat that scenario but why make money when you can already afford 8.3? what reason would one have to play when he has 8.3 theirs nothing to do at that point it becomes mindless :( until there is something implemented that allows me to constantly grow something none the less im not salty just kinda bummed that im out of game in about a month.
  • JohnSnake wrote:

ineran wrote:

Which one would you prefer - a desert with a spatula and a small bucket for tools? Or a small sandpit with a larg amount of tools to shape it as you see fit? Because to me Albion Online right now is a mix of both: it's a sandpit with a spatula to play with it, since bigger kids took the bucket for themselves.

I'd rather not choose since it's a really poor analogy, but I guess I would pick the desert, and then I would find other people in the desert and hangout, because that's what I, personally, enjoy about video games, the social part. If you don't enjoy that, it's fine, to each their own. Sandboxes, deserts, beaches, whatever you want to call them, all make social interaction incredibly accessible because you don't have to be the same "level" to interact or contribute. I've had way more fun in Albion than I ever had in WoW, SWTOR, or any of the other themeparks that just deliver content.

Drfinch wrote:

ineran wrote:

I did but at the top of the pyramid there isn't much sand its gvg after gvg to take land to make more money to repeat that scenario but why make money when you can already afford 8.3? what reason would one have to play when he has 8.3 theirs nothing to do at that point it becomes mindless :( until there is something implemented that allows me to constantly grow something none the less im not salty just kinda bummed that im out of game in about a month.

If you don't enjoy working with friends and allies to conquer territory in the Black Zone I could see where this game would be underwhelming. For me, that's the very clear center piece of the game. There has been no guild who has successfully dominated the entire Black Zone yet, so no one has "beat" that part of the game.

If you are just in it to be challenged in being the richest in the game with the best gear, play a loot-driven gear chaser like WoW.

If you are in it for the 5v5 PvP, I would personally recommend DOTA.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ineran ().

• I'm just going to put this here... rerolling a character to try a different path down the destiny board is just a bad idea. You will need to grind out fame for both Reaver and Adventurer levels when you could just start leveling the new gear on the same character that has already earned a bunch of fame towards both their reaver and adventurer levels. Rerolling is completely unnecessary in a game where "you are what you wear".