Nine Factors in Albion Online that give a Significant Advantage to People who use RL Money.

• Jonhson wrote:

Balabhadra wrote:

Dygenn wrote:

Apologies extended to Balabhadra. Though I don't really agree with your OP, you put work into it and there was room for a discussion. Now the thread is doomed.
    I am not sure what you don't "agree" with.The points raised are factual game mechanics that exist and are accessible to players with money.

Me (a player without access to such money) cannot compete on that level. I am practically experiencing it, even as a semi-no lifer gamer.

I am so disillusioned with this game due to the points raised in the OP.

The only thing that can "prove" me wrong is practical in game experience, and that is not possible as long as the above 9 game mechanics remain unchanged.
    I'm telling you, it's because he's a fanboi in denial! I hope he seriously responds to you, but I doubt he will because he doesn't have any counter to your facts.
    You and your 25 posts since you joined this forum one day ago are just a troll and not worth responding to seriously. I'm really being foolish even typing this response. Have a nice day.
  • Dygenn wrote:

Hundreds of people have contributed to Pay to Win discussions on these forums for years now. There really isn't anything new to discuss. I don't mean to dismiss your thoughts, but have you read into the history of the forum and seen how much this topic has been hashed and rehashed, and rehashed over and over? I simply don't think it's a discussion that will be productive.

There are 'pay to win' aspects, but there isn't a fixed, definable meaning to even 'winning' in this game.
    I read the forums for years before I brought the game.

The "anti" P2W campaign was very convincing so I gave the game a chance.

Playing the game, in the state that is is now, tells a completely different story.

See, and respond to, the 9 mechanics outlined in the OP, especially point 9.
  • Balabhadra wrote:

What does the length of time I have playing to do with the points raised anyway?
    It's because many people often take a glance at something, then proceed to talk out of their ass as if they are an expert that has been studiyng a topic for years. You proved that you are one such person that talks out of their ass with no merrit when you started saying things like 'game is p2w because someone can buy stuff and transmute it up to 8.3'. Why don't you hit us up with the calculations of how much rl money it would cost to transmute a set up to 8.3, and then do some research on what percent of the world population could actually afford to do this on any level. The reality is, many of your points, even if valid, would have no significant impact on the game economy. Your points are also invalid because the devs aren't giving you in game resource/silver for rl money, they are giving you gold, which you then trade to other players for their time.
  • BriarMoss wrote:

Balabhadra wrote:

What does the length of time I have playing to do with the points raised anyway?
    I 'game is p2w because someone can buy stuff and transmute it up to 8.3'. Why don't you hit us up with the calculations of how much rl money it would cost to transmute a set up to 8.3.
    Read:

Whales don't care about how much money it takes to "win".

Examples:

reddit.com/r/archeage/comments…spent_in_archeage_so_far/

forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/4…how-much-do-they-spend/p2

yukaichou.com/gamification-int…-spent-30000-single-game/

reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4…how_bad_is_archeages_p2w/

venturebeat.com/2016/10/14/the…me-then-he-led-a-boycott/

Read:

Iron Bank Fiasco: RE City plots. (Example of game economy impact.)

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…rrent_owner_of_iron_bank/

Read:

Gold (thus silver) is purchased with RL money. Funneled from many (peons) to a few (whales).

Read:

Point 9.

Oh and:

BriarMoss wrote:

It's because many people often take a glance at something, then proceed to talk out of their ass as if they are an expert that has been studiyng a topic for years.
    Yeah, I know right?

*Reads BriarMoss's post*

*Nods*

The post was edited 8 times, last by Balabhadra ().

• BriarMoss wrote:

Dygenn wrote:

You and your 25 posts since you joined this forum one day ago are just a troll and not worth responding to seriously. I'm really being foolish even typing this response. Have a nice day.
    Can confirm OP is a troll and not worth responding to.
    He is not talking about me in that post.

I have a private message from him confirming as such.

Can confirm that @BriarMoss is a troll and not worth reading posts by.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Balabhadra ().

• Now.

Back to topic.

Let us discuss, reasonably, the existing in game mechanics outlined in the OP.

FYI it would cost about £30k to transmute to T8 at the current market value:

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…hart_i_made_smelting_and/

So that's is one point out of 9 that is not 100% viable.

Be aware that means that lower tier transmuting costs less to a large degree and totally viable to those with money.

Artifact tier are also totally viable to keep buying over and over with RL cash.

Also, this is not soley about the economical impact, it is about the difference the impact an individual person in the game has.

If I do not have the resources in RL to compete with the 9 points outlined in the OP then I am at a disadvantage (as an individual player, or as a player in a guild without said resources) to those that do have said resources.

RE: Trading to other players for their time: See Archeage. Same system. P2W.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Balabhadra ().

• Hi. Essentially you are correct, the game at its core is P2W. You must use a baseline instead of comparisons to many variables, diluted definitions and outcomes based on ones perception.

The crafting example is a good one. Same person playing the game can literally skip months/years to end game crafting by paying which has many benefits.

With gear you must go to T4 and enchanted to really see it in effect using hypothetical single person mirror match exception flat T4 vs .3

Where people compromise with the P2W aspects is the fact that many variables do exist which do not directly transfer to the "win" outcome when removed from the original test parameters. Primarily these will be combat, player skill, error, co-ordinated activities and such. Time is also a two way factor which can either mitigate/negate some of the PW2 aspects or compound them.

If you cannot get over the P2W aspects through lack of "skill" or time investment this is not the game for you atm imho. I only say this because I think I read your post 3 times in 3 different places so far? So this must be a big issue to you even though game is now a month+ after launch.