Nine Factors in Albion Online that give a Significant Advantage to People who use RL Money.

• Nine Factors in Albion Online that give a Significant Advantage to People who use RL Money.

OK so here goes.

All of this is based on being able to sell gold for silver.

1. You can buy materials and craft / study them to get to T8 crafting in 1 day on a new toon.

2. You can buy / keep a city plot and never loose it by spending multiple millions (yes multiple millions) of silver.

3. You can transmute materials up to tier 8.3 by buying materials of lower tier.

4. You can re-buy equipment you loose and not care. It means that if you kill a "non" P2W player they will have to grind to get the silver to reimburse their loss. P2W player just flashes their credit card and "oh noes I lost my T 8.3". No biggie for them they can either buy it again or transmute (see point no.3) and craft it again (see point no .1).

5. You can buy "pies" (or pay money to get to craft them) and get extra gathering fame, due to extra gathering yield, by using the highest tier pie all the time. (The average player, like me, will not be able to afford to do that, nor will they be able to use or craft them as fast as someone who paid to get to T8 cooking skill.)

6. Whales can buy artifact tier gear at all times to increase fame girding efficiency for the appropriate tier.

7. Whales can insta buy T8 islands.

8. Whales can have unlimited premium accounts with multiple shared islands using farms / laborers.

9. Whales in a guild can equip all their friends using the above benefits.

At this point in the game don't give the "Buhht they can't use it!" Because even if they can't right now, any whale will eventually be able to use T8 of at least one weapon and armour type. Also any whale will be able to farm up tiers faster and more efficiantly than a regular player (see point 6.)

Always remember:

Whales do not care about how much money they spend.

Tag:

@Korn @Bercilak

Please consider these points. The above mechanics are harmful to the game for regular and "casual" players.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Balabhadra ().

• Jonhson wrote:

This game is Pay to Win bro, what do you expect?
    I expect people to admit it and not to pretend it is not.

@Korn insists the game is not P2W:

Albion Online Business Model Discussion

Continuously comparing it to EVE.

EVE in has recently become considered to be P2W bysome:

steamcommunity.com/app/8500/di…ons/0/135507548122513811/

steamcommunity.com/app/8500/di…ons/0/215439774873951567/

forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=515500

steamcommunity.com/app/8500/di…ons/0/154642901283141815/

So using EVE as an example of "not P2W "is not a good idea considering their current business model.

Even if Albion was like EVE, EVE does not have the above nine mechanics that are clearly P2W:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=p2w

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

"Pay To Win. when you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long (weeks and months)."

The post was edited 3 times, last by Balabhadra ().

• Jonhson wrote:

The devs focus on censoring all the negative posts so they can stroke their ego on their fan boys. What's sad is this MMO was a con and everyone is going down who bought it. The fan boys are just in denial.
    Lessee. "Member since April 26th" who is necroing every negative thread they can find on the forum, saying 'The fan boys are just in denial' to those of us who have been playing the game for years.

I'd say we have a problem here, and it isn't the people who like and defend the game in the forums.
  • Dygenn wrote:

Jonhson wrote:

The devs focus on censoring all the negative posts so they can stroke their ego on their fan boys. What's sad is this MMO was a con and everyone is going down who bought it. The fan boys are just in denial.
    Lessee. "Member since April 26th" who is necroing every negative thread they can find on the forum, saying 'The fan boys are just in denial' to those of us who have been playing the game for years.
    I'd say we have a problem here, and it isn't the people who like and defend the game in the forums.
    Thanks for proving my point, fanboi :D
  • Can people just stick to the points raised in the OP.

I "necroed" that thread as it is the official dev stance, pinned btw, on their business model.

What does the length of time I have playing to do with the points raised anyway?

It anything as a new player who sees these mechanics it shows just how P2W and out of scope for new players the game really is.
  • Dygenn wrote:

Apologies extended to Balabhadra. Though I don't really agree with your OP, you put work into it and there was room for a discussion. Now the thread is doomed.
    I am not sure what you don't "agree" with.

The points raised are factual game mechanics that exist and are accessible to players with money.

Me (a player without access to such money) cannot compete on that level. I am practically experiencing it, even as a semi-no lifer gamer.

I am so disillusioned with this game due to the points raised in the OP.

The only thing that can "prove" me wrong is practical in game experience, and that is not possible as long as the above 9 game mechanics remain unchanged.
  • Balabhadra wrote:

Dygenn wrote:

Apologies extended to Balabhadra. Though I don't really agree with your OP, you put work into it and there was room for a discussion. Now the thread is doomed.
    I am not sure what you don't "agree" with.
    The points raised are factual game mechanics that exist and are accessible to players with money.

Me (a player without access to such money) cannot compete on that level. I am practically experiencing it, even as a semi-no lifer gamer.

I am so disillusioned with this game due to the points raised in the OP.

The only thing that can "prove" me wrong is practical in game experience, and that is not possible as long as the above 9 game mechanics remain unchanged.
    I'm telling you, it's because he's a fanboi in denial! I hope he seriously responds to you, but I doubt he will because he doesn't have any counter to your facts.
  • Hundreds of people have contributed to Pay to Win discussions on these forums for years now. There really isn't anything new to discuss. I don't mean to dismiss your thoughts, but have you read into the history of the forum and seen how much this topic has been hashed and rehashed, and rehashed over and over? I simply don't think it's a discussion that will be productive.

There are 'pay to win' aspects, but there isn't a fixed, definable meaning to even 'winning' in this game.
  • Dygenn wrote:

Hundreds of people have contributed to Pay to Win discussions on these forums for years now. There really isn't anything new to discuss. I don't mean to dismiss your thoughts, but have you read into the history of the forum and seen how much this topic has been hashed and rehashed, and rehashed over and over? I simply don't think it's a discussion that will be productive.

There are 'pay to win' aspects, but there isn't a fixed, definable meaning to even 'winning' in this game.
    At least you are admitting it is P2W! I'm surprised.
  • @Johnson

Please.

Lets have a mature discussion.

I mentioned the "White Knight Whales" once to press a point.

I don't see the need to keep pointing out the fanboi stuff.

Let us see if there is a well thought out response that does not deny self evident game mechanics.

Dygenn wrote:

P2W is not about "winning":

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=p2w

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

"Pay To Win. when you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long (weeks and months)."