I'm tired of cheats!

• Our policy on cheats, bots and hacks is to permanently ban everybody on first offense, no exceptions.
    • To detect cheats and hacks, we use automatic detection means combined with manual reporting. Manual reports are closely investigated, and this often includes us following suspected cheaters in game. Our automated detection means are constantly refined and improved.
    To those of you who are upset about this, I'd like to ask you the genuine question:

What else do you think should be done? Please let us know.

And to those who think that we somehow "secretly" condone or accept cheating. Why on earth should we do that? We have absolutely nothing at all to gain from this??? It just does not make any sense.

Just because we say that in particular zoom hack reports are often false positives does not mean that we want to downplay the issue. We just want to make sure that those people who wrongly think "everybody must be hacking and nothing is done about it" screw themselves over by using this to justify to themselves that cheating is ok.

@Terrorsauce the post that you mentioned was deleted precisely for advocating this. 0 tolerance for cheating extends to the forums, too, and anything that will encourage or help players to cheat will be deleted. The same user also admitted that members of his guild were cheating, without being willing to report them, while at the same time complaining about too many cheaters.
  • When player is moving this information must go to server .

Player (X, Y) move to Location (X,Y) = (Distance_To_Travel) .

If the (Distance_To_Travel) is greater than what is possible while not zoomed then = FLAG for using hack.

Thats how you could easily detect this hack server side .
  • Grailer wrote:

When player is moving this information must go to server .

If the (Distance_To_Travel) is greater than what is possible while not zoomed then = FLAG for using hack.

A good idea definitely, however if they did this, any hacker would learn of it, and only click half of their screen distance to steer themselves around, instead of auto-pathing the whole way away.
  • Korn wrote:

• Our policy on cheats, bots and hacks is to permanently ban everybody on first offense, no exceptions.
    • To detect cheats and hacks, we use automatic detection means combined with manual reporting. Manual reports are closely investigated, and this often includes us following suspected cheaters in game. Our automated detection means are constantly refined and improved.
    To those of you who are upset about this, I'd like to ask you the genuine question:

And to those who think that we somehow "secretly" condone or accept cheating. Why on earth should we do that? We have absolutely nothing at all to gain from this??? It just does not make any sense.

Just because we say that in particular zoom hack reports are often false positives does not mean that we want to downplay the issue. We just want to make sure that those people who wrongly think "everybody must be hacking and nothing is done about it" screw themselves over by using this to justify to themselves that cheating is ok.

@Terrorsauce the post that you mentioned was deleted precisely for advocating this. 0 tolerance for cheating extends to the forums, too, and anything that will encourage or help players to cheat will be deleted. The same user also admitted that members of his guild were cheating, without being willing to report them, while at the same time complaining about too many cheaters.
    Gnoms never said he condones hacks, he just said he agreed with the mentality of a quote someone else made? How this condones cheating is beyond me? He is clearly very anti-cheat, you can tell by what he wrote. The only thing he did was call you out for making blank statements like,

"HACKS ARE IN EVERY GAME"

Because you seem to be trying to down play these hacks. This is a serious issue. Your game is full item loot pvp, 99% of games are not. Its not the same thing. Your game is not on a level playing field for all players and more people are starting to realize that. What do I think should be done? The answer is really obvious here Korn. Prevent cheat engine from working with Albion Online or get detection that most games have that prevent it from working. I CAN NOT USE CHEAT ENGINE ON 99% OF THE GAMES I PLAY EXCEPT ALBION ONLINE.

What must be done? Really? Show me a ban wave. Show me these logs of cheaters begging to be let back in. Because I will show you hacker forums that laugh at you. Literally laugh at your cheat detection. I have yet to see anyone claim about being banned for zoom hacking since early beta 2. After that there has been no ban wave of any kind for zoom hackers. You may have banned one or two guys. However you act like you have unleashed ban waves 100 times now. There hasnt been any since release and you and I both know that.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Terrorsauce ().

• Azlen wrote:

Grailer wrote:

When player is moving this information must go to server .

A good idea definitely, however if they did this, any hacker would learn of it, and only click half of their screen distance to steer themselves around, instead of auto-pathing the whole way away.
    Yeah someone suggested making a ceiling on open world . Obviously someone will eventually find a way to remove it but that would lead to paid hacks .

The alternative is to unlock the zoom so everyone is on same playing field without needing to cheat.

At this point in time I cannot play game in RZ and BZ knowing the risk that there is probably alot of people using this easy to obtain cheat .

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grailer ().

• Jonhson wrote:

Lol wait you expect people at SBI to actually take care of a report or support ticket? lololol they are too busy monitoring their forums making sure nothing but good things are said about their game.
    Well... I agree, they want people to say good things about their game.

The fastest way to get people to do so is by banning one asshole who has been caught dead to rights by multiple people (with multiple videos showing evidence)
  • I will say, if multiple people have reported these guys as of 3 days ago, and SBI still hasn't done anything about it... they're dropping the ball huge.

Korn wrote:

To answer your question: Faster response. It really needs to be done.

This guy, Aryuk, has - in at least 2 videos clearly showing him hacking - amassed a literal fucktarded amount of kills while having been reported at a minimum of 3 days ago by several players... and video evidence from at least two sources now have been submitted that *clearly* show him speedhacking.

You going to reinburse everyone he's killed (including 1 death from myself that cost me about 350k worth of gear)... because at this point, every kill he continues to get while not being banned should be embarrassing for SBI.

If you can't reimburse the gear of people got by him, then at least get this mother fucker out of the game so he doesn't keep cheating his way to fucking everyone else over.

The post was edited 4 times, last by RockLobster ().

• Jonhson wrote:

RockLobster wrote:

I just reported this same guy yesterday. Hopefully, they deal with this one at least.
    Lol wait you expect people at SBI to actually take care of a report or support ticket? lololol they are too busy monitoring their forums making sure nothing but good things are said about their game.
    men i tale u i tok cok all day long men GM allow he

only remove post for incite carebear ( but this, .. understanding)
  • alonxx wrote:

Valde wrote:

In before someone comes here telling you that its not that common, that you're just a sore loser and that you can't differentiate between good players and cheats.
    I very much doubt that a good player can teleport many times in less than a minute to your side.
    Good players can teleport 3 times which is probably what happened. Most maids are exaggerators. You said "4 teleports" which means really it was 3, which is totally doable with blood letter or double bladed q staff.
  • alonxx wrote:

Valde wrote:

In before someone comes here telling you that its not that common, that you're just a sore loser and that you can't differentiate between good players and cheats.
    I very much doubt that a good player can teleport many times in less than a minute to your side.
    Good players can teleport 3 times which is probably what happened. Most mads are exaggerators. You said "4 teleports" which means really it was 3, which is totally doable with blood letter or double bladed q staff.
  • Korn wrote:

Here is an idea. Don't make responses in the forums that proves you have no idea how to solve the problems that face your company. I lost faith long ago, but if I was still a player holding onto it, this post, like many others of yours proves SBI's inability to maintain a healthy, functional game.

p.s. You don't have to secretly condone cheating to continually fail at removing cheaters from your game. For that, you just need to continue business as usual.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ntall1 ().

• Got ganked in BZ, I saw some red on edge of screen while mounted, turn back right away and guys just pop on me.
    Combat chat does not go far enough, can't tell if someone was in ambush but I doubt it.
    To me it was either crazy lag or crazy cheat...which you should both correct fast enough if you want to keep people in your game ;)
  • Dragnon wrote:

alonxx wrote:

Valde wrote:

Good players can teleport 3 times which is probably what happened. Most mads are exaggerators. You said "4 teleports" which means really it was 3, which is totally doable with blood letter or double bladed q staff.
    I know the skill very well, I talk about teleport literally, they would teleport right next to me, whatever distance it was.I use blood letter so I know the skills that have the build.
  • I've began reporting BoT gathers. At first I used to chuckle at the bots running up to your resource node and standing next to it for a moment then mounting up and running off...but after the same toon does the same pattern 25 times to you within the space of 15 minutes you can clearly see its a script.

I also see quite a few bot gathers caught on edges trying to gather resources across rivers and just spaz out targeting each resource in an attempt to gather them.

So yes there is a botting problem.
  • Korn wrote:

A significant increase in GM staff.

Fighting cheaters and their increasing tech is always a bitch, no doubt. But here I am in another game with a serious lack of GM availability and presents within the game. I don't know your exact GM count but it is underwhelming. This was easily proved when the gold sellers were setting up in towns and cities for hours and in some cases days under the same name. You could of saved a lot of time and reports just having a few GM's jump from town/city locations and banning them where they stood. It was ridiculous.

Is a strong GM present gonna insta-fix the issue, no. There isn't one. But it sure as hell wouldn't hurt. It is human nature to try and get away with crap and push boundaries when there is a lack of authority.

And don't tell me you wouldn't benefit from more GM's helping out with name reports, bug reports, etc.

I reported an extremely offensive name over a week ago, he's still here, same name and there is no way in hell his name is acceptable by any standard. I also reported one of those gold sellers who camped for 4 days under the same name at Mountain Cross...the same applies to cheaters and cheater reports.

And don't tell me you can't afford it, you can't afford people quitting or more bad PR either. I'll lay odds you have players with GM experience willing to volunteer if you make the post for applications.

Kaj
  • After seeing that zoomhack on Twitch... I am inclined to agree that something needs to be done. Even if it is just to even the field.

And if you aren't banning the twats that are reported clearly cheating... that is a big problem.
    May our loots never be trashed, and our gears never be looted!
  • Setimu wrote:

After seeing that zoomhack on Twitch... I am inclined to agree that something needs to be done. Even if it is just to even the field.

And if you aren't banning the twats that are reported clearly cheating... that is a big problem.
    Zoom hack is getting out of hand because a large number of people already use it.
    Can we have a much bigger zoom-out in-game so we have the same field of view as the hackers, effectively reducing the effect of this zoom hack?
    Thanks.