Looking to start the game but have worries

• Looking to start the game but have worries

I love what this game represents and looks to achieve and it thrills me that I can play it on my hawei media pad while I watch my favorite shows on Netflix but I'm a bit worried about the server lag and disconectivity issues that are assailing the game atm. Should I have faith in the game to fix these issues, I really want to buy the game on the first when I get paid, it has all the features I love in an mmo.
  • It's not that easy to give faith to people :)

First of all, for me personally I have faith in SBI to solve the issues.

Secondly, because of my very good internet connection and Hardware, I have no problems even with the current state of the game (server and ping wise).

So if you make a risk calculation, you should also consider where you are located, what your internet and hardware qualitiy is.

And thirdly, get the smallest starter pack (and if possible ? you should look into that first) and upgrade later if things go your way.

I come for the heathen and heretics
    Seek out the Ironguard!
  • I still have some hope that the game will be what it had set out to be someday. I believe It has devolved a bit from the tests, but they are working on it. Id say you'd have at least a good 30+ hours of enjoyable game play right now. My opinion, wait until the New Year to get the game.
    “I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
  • Diabolisis wrote:

I love what this game represents and looks to achieve and it thrills me that I can play it on my hawei media pad while I watch my favorite shows on Netflix but I'm a bit worried about the server lag and disconectivity issues that are assailing the game atm. Should I have faith in the game to fix these issues, I really want to buy the game on the first when I get paid, it has all the features I love in an mmo.
    There are issues in regards to Android builds of the game, these tend to severly lag behind the PC clients. As of this time there isn't even an iOS build available.

The lag is horrendous currently (click your mount and about 1,5 seconds later you'r mounted lol) and the developers are herding people into larger groups instead of promoting solo/small group content.

Be aware of the advertisement trailers, not everyone actually matters since most people have gathering and crafting alts along with their main combat character. This tends to ruin the experience for someone that wants to main crafting/gathering, since even guilds have dedicated crafters.

Also, if you do decide to buy it, count in the premium costs, you'll go crazy trying to grind without premium.
  • 0 issues here with lag or other server problems myself. The only real problem is thw map is tiny and everyone is squished together. If you enjoy grind and pvp it might be a fun time. Large guild activities and such.

If you like running dungeons with buddies on a Friday night slaying monsters and fighting ppl off yer dungeons, its no longer this type of game.
  • The game indeed has many issues right now. I've seen so much toxicity on the forums about people whining about how the game is "devolving" as someone mentioned above but honestly, to me the game is great. People tend to get salty when SI nerfs something here but that still doesn't change the fact that I'm really enjoying the game. Regarding the dcs and lag. For those of us that have been playing since the game launched, a lot has improved. Yes there are still issues but I think SI will eventually fix them, as they have already been doing and trying. I personally enjoy the game a lot and it's all I play now.

Gl on deciding and hope my opinion helps a little, if at all :)
  • Well I bought the game last night and a small amount of gold, really enjoying it so far not really having any lag issues even in towns just a few hiccups here and there. Runs great on my media pad on medium pretty happy about that but for large scale GvG stuff down the road I'll probably be using PC. My name is Diabolisis, would like to join a guild but not too worried atm there's plenty I can do on my own for the time being. Thanks again for everyone's input, see ya on the battlefield.
  • Diabolisis wrote:

If u want Play this game just buy it , if u dont want Play , dont buy .