Silver Chests drops lower

• EaosAmur schrieb:

you big dummies, the chests are way fragging better now, have you even really went into black zones I think not. You are just sad people complaining on the forums so the dev's will notice you, but u are really just the fat kid in class that climbs out the window to be funny but no one cares that you left.
      Mzx is number 1 rank silver drops, all from chests in bz: 100million to be exact. Go check the leaderboards you noob, you have no idea what you are talking about nor whom with. I have farmed 4 mil silver from chests and all of that in the first week of launch. Haven't bothered since then because I have 80mil silver from other activities. I think we know exactly what we are talking about...
    • Azlen schrieb:

MasterZedX schrieb:

GAiNZ schrieb:

after running alot more chests i stand by my comments, you are currently set to make atleast 2-4 times more silver now if u can get the goods back to caerleon. yes u now have to run around with these items instead of getting some flat silver which you cant lose. but more risk = more reward.
      Nobody fucking cares guy. There's no "increased" risk just because you have some loot in your inventory that you can sell. You're literally running to AH and peddling goods and calling that a better system but in reality you're missing the entire broken concept. SOLO PLAYERS CAN'T RELY ON OTHER PLAYERS. You realize another player has to buy those good for the set price that you have put? You realize that price will drop overtime? You realize that those items you recieved are probably because those chests are at 100% and no one is doing them?Your posts are so annoying and ill informing, be quiet, Jesus. I feel like a couple of guys like you are paid accounts or doing some type of promotion to push your dead game that you're either addicted to, or paid to keep pushing, I've never seen some of you people in the field, and all of a sudden you're experts. So annoying.

Edit: with a little to no research, you've been found as a member of Exterion, ONE OF THE BIGGEST GUILDS/ALLIANCES IN THE GAME WITH MULTIPLE TERRITORIES, stop posting on this fucking thread.

EDIT 2 (ACTUALLY ANGRY): THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT RISK? WHAT RISK HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN LMAO? YOU HAVE A TOTAL OF 5 SOLO KILLS. EVERYTHING YOU'VE SAID IN THIS THREAD IS NOW INVALID
      Not to mention that he's clearly talking from the point of 1: running around with others, and 2: being a person who pays (probably) a high guild tax. If you farm chests from that scenario, then yes, this is better for you, because your piece of a piece of this whole pie is now half as affected by these splits from being partied, and by being taxed. Now his big payout is a valuable piece dropping and him getting to sell it for all the silver to himself. Which in comparison to the literal lootable silver he was getting before is monumental. But if you compare pre-nerf chests vs post-nerf chests to any serious chest farmer, like yourself, It is a massive slap in the face. The numbers you get come nowhere near what they did before.
      I'm not going to claim to have gotten "only trash t2's and t3's" like most of the people here. I did get some valuable items, no doubt. But we are talking a 10% increase to the overall profit from the chests post nerf, after selling those items. Increased risk of carrying these items, and only for just 10% additional silver, guess what, assuming no deaths to players or mobs (cause shit gets broke, yo, not that we should be dying to camps if chest farming is what we do) that's still a 40% nerf for no god damn a very piss-poor reason on their part.

People can continue trying to defend it all they want, but to any serious farmer who enjoyed this activity, it is night and day. It's literally the difference between just viable enough, and... well... fuck you.
      Very well said. I was a serious chest farmer, it was not only really fun but kept me engaged in the game. I loved the risk/reward scenario. I loved being a treasure hunter. Just looking for the camps, taking down the mobs a couple at a time and then getting my reward was so worth hours of engaging game play. As well as the added option of pvp. (this brought me back to my days of being a UO treasure hunter)

I am not part of a massive guild with thousands of players nor do I want to be. I like being in my small guild and doing small pvp roaming/chest farming. It's WAS fun!

I went out last night and made maybe 100k silver, but got ganked by 12 tea party guys who took all my earned loots. So after replacing my t5 armored horse and all my gear which I made myself but still has value. I think I spent 2 hours and only netted 50k silver at most. NOT worth my time anymore.

Now, I am bored...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ithiel ()

• Matsume schrieb:

Nausk schrieb:

I shall name this change as the SBI's Random Chest Tax% or simply RCT - this change made me /gquit Kippa
      Did you quit guild or quit game just out of curiosity? Not good for si if your number 1 solo content producer quits...
      On a side note based on responses here I wouldn't be surprised if they fucked up on chest BM drops and made it only increased for red zone and not other zones...
      This change doesn't seem huge to me, was just joking around the idea of people getting taxed by guilds and then this -50% silver on top - lower reward could lead into lower tier gear for the chest farmers. On the other hand the items add some flavor to the chest, as you never know what you get!
    • Albanjo schrieb:

Elarahis schrieb:

Albanjo schrieb:

Elarahis schrieb:

Obviouy the point of this change is not to nerf chests but to reduce the influx of silver into the economy. If farming silver generated by the game becomes the most profitable way to mame silver, as opposed to trading items, then everyone will start doing it until there is enough inflation so that acquiring silver from other players becomes more profitable than acquiring generated silver from mobs or chests in this case.

Stop focusing on your own little world and look at the bigger picture. This change was necessary for the health of the economy. Now they did not want to nerf chests so they replaced the silver with items, I cannot tell you if chest are more or less rewarsing than before but it is too early for anyone to tell.
      Well, your theory is clunky at least. We could say having higher silver drop from chests would increase players "need" to farm them and play more in the black zones, which would be the main goal of the game since it creates pure and simple conflict and pvp.The economy is healthy and the only reason chests got nerfed its because nobody is buying subscriptions for rl money.The reality is that theres bad reward for black zones gatherers/farmers and the chests nerf should only apply to red and yellow zones.

Im not sure what you mean with getting silver from players is "more profitable" than farming mobs or chests, it doesn't make any sense mate.

I've been farming some chests lately and i don't find it really rewarding, despite seeing friends getting 200k silver worth of items most of the drops are tier 2-4 and rarely 5-6 in tier 6 blackzones.
      From 15 chests got 3 shitti 4.0 weapons and one 6.0 boots, almost no runes.
      You have very little understanding on how the economy works in this game. You cannot buy your sub with silver directly, your silver is converted into gold from players selling their gold. It does not matter to SBI how much silver is looted from players to sell subs. If you get your sub for free by using in game currency to buy it, it means that an other player paid for your sub. For SBI the result is exactly the same.Now every MMO player knows that an over inflated economy is nòt good for the long term in a MMO. The economy inflates when silver is generated by the system, same as in the real world. Everyone was farming chests and it is obvious that SBI could see the total silver owned by all players increase every day, that is what we call inflation. They needed to do something to slow that thst inflation and cut the biggest source of generated silver in half.

If they wanted to flat out nerf chests, they would not have increased item drop rates from chests to compensate.
      Lol and the solution is to decrease silver drop after like a month of everyone farming high reward chests? Who cares about the silver going down on value, it happens, it happened and it will continue to happen the market will obviously re-adjust to the new pricing because gold ain't the affected coin. Now i consider its very unfair nerf for everyone who didn't farm chests before the patch.Reducing silver drop everytime they like its not very appealing to play the game and there should be other methods to reduce inflation, the fact that npcs have a static non related to silver value price is one of the reasons why people is producing silver so much faster than spending it.
      The real question is, what are the next strategies going to be to deflate silver? Because that was a shitty bandaid.

Maybe you don't realize how bad it is when inflation gets out of control but trust me : it is very bad for the economy in the long term. It is also unfair that farming chests that are easy to solo, at almost no risk (since you only need a flat T4 spear build) be worth 10x more silver per hour than farming dungeons. I do not think it is fair either than the best silver earning activity in the game so heavily favors solo builds.
    • @Elarahis what exactly isn't fair about an activity that anyone and everyone can literally solo given a minimum reaver level? It is the very definition of fair! HGs and GvGs on the other hand are not so easily accessible to players who don't have a good static group or guild to fight for them at war camps. you say it is unfair that you can make more silver farming chests than crafting or farming but that is normal in any mmo, unless you are advocating for a game in which every activity yields the same fame or silver in which case where would be the fun in that? Furthermore if it is unfair that I make more silver solo farming chests than you do fame farming dungeons then how is it fair that you get more fame in dungeons than i do chest farming? Now you may as well not even bother with chests since you can make as much silver from dungeons in addition to better fame! Does this not make senses?
    • Elarahis schrieb:

Albanjo schrieb:

Elarahis schrieb:

Albanjo schrieb:

Elarahis schrieb:

Obviouy the point of this change is not to nerf chests but to reduce the influx of silver into the economy. If farming silver generated by the game becomes the most profitable way to mame silver, as opposed to trading items, then everyone will start doing it until there is enough inflation so that acquiring silver from other players becomes more profitable than acquiring generated silver from mobs or chests in this case.

Stop focusing on your own little world and look at the bigger picture. This change was necessary for the health of the economy. Now they did not want to nerf chests so they replaced the silver with items, I cannot tell you if chest are more or less rewarsing than before but it is too early for anyone to tell.
      Well, your theory is clunky at least. We could say having higher silver drop from chests would increase players "need" to farm them and play more in the black zones, which would be the main goal of the game since it creates pure and simple conflict and pvp.The economy is healthy and the only reason chests got nerfed its because nobody is buying subscriptions for rl money.The reality is that theres bad reward for black zones gatherers/farmers and the chests nerf should only apply to red and yellow zones.
      Im not sure what you mean with getting silver from players is "more profitable" than farming mobs or chests, it doesn't make any sense mate.

I've been farming some chests lately and i don't find it really rewarding, despite seeing friends getting 200k silver worth of items most of the drops are tier 2-4 and rarely 5-6 in tier 6 blackzones.
      From 15 chests got 3 shitti 4.0 weapons and one 6.0 boots, almost no runes.
      You have very little understanding on how the economy works in this game. You cannot buy your sub with silver directly, your silver is converted into gold from players selling their gold. It does not matter to SBI how much silver is looted from players to sell subs. If you get your sub for free by using in game currency to buy it, it means that an other player paid for your sub. For SBI the result is exactly the same.Now every MMO player knows that an over inflated economy is nòt good for the long term in a MMO. The economy inflates when silver is generated by the system, same as in the real world. Everyone was farming chests and it is obvious that SBI could see the total silver owned by all players increase every day, that is what we call inflation. They needed to do something to slow that thst inflation and cut the biggest source of generated silver in half.
      If they wanted to flat out nerf chests, they would not have increased item drop rates from chests to compensate.
      Lol and the solution is to decrease silver drop after like a month of everyone farming high reward chests? Who cares about the silver going down on value, it happens, it happened and it will continue to happen the market will obviously re-adjust to the new pricing because gold ain't the affected coin. Now i consider its very unfair nerf for everyone who didn't farm chests before the patch.Reducing silver drop everytime they like its not very appealing to play the game and there should be other methods to reduce inflation, the fact that npcs have a static non related to silver value price is one of the reasons why people is producing silver so much faster than spending it.The real question is, what are the next strategies going to be to deflate silver? Because that was a shitty bandaid.
      Maybe you don't realize how bad it is when inflation gets out of control but trust me : it is very bad for the economy in the long term. It is also unfair that farming chests that are easy to solo, at almost no risk (since you only need a flat T4 spear build) be worth 10x more silver per hour than farming dungeons. I do not think it is fair either than the best silver earning activity in the game so heavily favors solo builds.
      More than ever is it more important to mention that Albion Online is a long-term strategy game, even admitted by @Bercilak. Every veteran that played alpas/beta were creating and had their strategies set from the moment the server went up. Some planned their strategies around their guilds, and some planned around their solo sustainability long-term.

The Albion world as far as i see it is still in early game status;
      The guilds who bumrushed everything and didn't plan too far ahead for their futures, as you can see, many of them are already falling apart 1 month in, after building T8 buildings in territories ready to be conquered.
      Solo players who didn't plan too far ahead hit a wall, and either quit or ended up joining a guild because they realized they couldn't compete in a world that requires so many resources to remain relevant.

BUT THOSE WHO DID PLAN AHEAD ARE BEING HEAVILY PUNISHED, BUT IT'S NOT OUR FAULT.

If you look at their future updates you can see that guild affairs for those who were astute to others campaigns are going to be punished.

Solo players who had planned around the games already developed mechanics are being punished for corporate greed.

The truth is IT'S MORE BENEFICIAL TO BE A SOLO PLAYER, but it's a lot harder at the moment but with time it will get a lot easier.

My current assessment is that with the world of Albion's population dwindling in the thousands daily, they're going to see more solo players, and more solo guides. Eventually there would be an efficient path as a solo player that proves that you don't only need others to survive, but you also don't need to pay them to continue playing, keep in mind that this Albion world is a business. Now you might think that's very deep insight for them to create roadblocks to keep their game economy in a rising cycle but the grand problem that they have now created is a terribly designed sandbox game. Nerfs to skills, weapons, dropped loot is all acceptable, but to something like hard currency without a substitute is complete destruction.

Imagine practicing to shoot 3's in basketball for 18 years, and you get drafted into the NBA for your skill in shooting 3's, and because the association see's that 3's can become something that makes the game a lot easier to win they change the 3 point shot to 1 point. Your skill now has no value, there are no ways to make game changing plays, and you're now like everyone else who can get the ball in the net, and their response to your query is "there are other ways to score points". You gotta say "fuck you" after that, i'm sorry i just can't see it any other way.
      IGN: MZX
      God Tier
      0 Assists.
      Currently Rank #1 player.
    • Exploiting an easy and obvious way to make silver is not planning ahead. Your analogy is ridiculous, you did not train for 18 years to farm chest, you found a cheap easy way to make silver.

As for corporate greed, did you just have to throw that out randomly? You cannot buy your sub with silver, only gold buys subs and the drop rate of silver is completely irrelevant. If too much silver drops, the price of gold will inflate and your sub will cost increasingly more silver because when you pay for your sub in silver, it is first traded for gold to players selling their gold.
    • GunnerNight schrieb:

Matsume schrieb:

@Monochrome so your reasoning for this change is to make chests "match existing silver curves"? What does that even mean? That farming chests in tier X zone should generate equal amounts of silver as any similar tiered activity? Hell, why not make solo fame farm match the fame curve of group dungeons then? Fuck it, let's just make expeditions fame and silver match fame and silver curve of group dungeons while we're at it! That way every activity can have the same end result for the sake of fairness! Some hardcore sandbox game we have here...
      Just another change that will force people to be pushed into creating or joining large guilds and large alliances that can give you access to reliable farming for silver or fame. There is really no point to solo or small group play which of course will be the most efficient yet the most risky way to do anything in this game.
      So much for risk vs reward.
      Farming chests gave the best reward for close to no risk. You are not making any sense.
    • Elarahis schrieb:

Exploiting an easy and obvious way to make silver is not planning ahead. Your analogy is ridiculous, you did not train for 18 years to farm chest, you found a cheap easy way to make silver.

As for corporate greed, did you just have to throw that out randomly? You cannot buy your sub with silver, only gold buys subs and the drop rate of silver is completely irrelevant. If too much silver drops, the price of gold will inflate and your sub will cost increasingly more silver because when you pay for your sub in silver, it is first traded for gold to players selling their gold.
      1. You're an idiot, you took an analogy to great lengths. (reference to term "long-term")

Let me school you, "starter", before chests, there were solo dungeons, and you had to clear each mob which would have a gauge bar that would tell you if the mobs had silver it indicated if mobs had been killed or not killed recently. They removed that.

There there were elite dungeons, and you could skillfully ignore mobs and rush to the end of the dungeon and kill just the bosses, then they nerfed and then removed that.

Then open world bosses surrounded by elite bosses and they nerfed and removed that.

But these nerfs never came without a substitute.

This speicific "NERF" i'd assume is because of paranoia of failure. They could never just remove something like this without adding a substitute of something more challenging in the past.

Edit: THIS IS NOT A BETA.
      God Tier
      0 Assists.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von MasterZedX ()

• MasterZedX schrieb:

Elarahis schrieb:

Exploiting an easy and obvious way to make silver is not planning ahead. Your analogy is ridiculous, you did not train for 18 years to farm chest, you found a cheap easy way to make silver.

1. You're an idiot, you took an analogy to great lengths. (reference to term "long-term")
      Let me school you, "starter", before chests, there were solo dungeons, and you had to clear each mob which would have a gauge bar that would tell you if the mobs had silver it indicated if mobs had been killed or not killed recently. They removed that.

There there were elite dungeons, and you could skillfully ignore mobs and rush to the end of the dungeon and kill just the bosses, then they nerfed and then removed that.

Then open world bosses surrounded by elite bosses and they nerfed and removed that.

This speicific "NERF" i'd assume is because of paranoia of failure. They could never just remove something like this without adding a substitute of something more challenging in the past.

If you want to have a discussion with me, don't start your post insulting me. Trust me it doesn't help, it only makes you sound like an immature brat. How old are you? I guess if you are anything less than 20 I am indeed wasting my time.

I did not play the beta, so I cannot tell you why they removed those things. I agree with you that not detecting this chest issue in beta was a big oversight on their part. But just because it is not beta anymore does not mean they should not fix mistakes and leave the game to rot. A 50% cut is drastic so it seems ridiculous that they did not notice how overly profitable farming chests was before but the fact is that it was.
    • @Elarahis truth is there are other ways to make more silver with even less risk, I'm not going to tell you what it is but I can post of a screenshot of my 80mil silver if you want proof. You might just think I bought gold but I don't care what you think at this point. I am set for the rest of this game's existence but I don't think it is fair to the new or ignorant players who will never be able to achieve what I did in such a short period of time because SI has removed the option for them. If you keep removing the "most profitable" activity eventually you will end up with a dull and boring game. Oh well, i can barely find the interest to log in and spend my 90k focus because there just isn't anything to do as is. Have fun catching up to the rest of us.
    • Elarahis schrieb:

MasterZedX schrieb:

Elarahis schrieb:

1. You're an idiot, you took an analogy to great lengths. (reference to term "long-term")Let me school you, "starter", before chests, there were solo dungeons, and you had to clear each mob which would have a gauge bar that would tell you if the mobs had silver it indicated if mobs had been killed or not killed recently. They removed that.

If you want to have a discussion with me, don't start your post insulting me. Trust me it doesn't help, it only makes you sound like an immature brat. How old are you? I guess if you are anything less than 20 I am indeed wasting my time.
      I did not play the beta, so I cannot tell you why they removed those things. I agree with you that not detecting this chest issue in beta was a big oversight on their part. But just because it is not beta anymore does not mean they should not fix mistakes and leave the game to rot. A 50% cut is drastic so it seems ridiculous that they did not notice how overly profitable farming chests was before but the fact is that it was.
      I'm not starting anything with you, you stated it was an exploit, that's an insult in itself. Then made an idiotic statement referring to the analogy, i call it like i see it. That's all i have for you.
      God Tier
      0 Assists.
    • Elarahis schrieb:

I do realize how bad inflation is yet its a plain a simple design error from albion creators and the bandaid "solutions" are nothing but silly strategies to delay the issue.

So you are basically saying that risk reward in black zones when it comes to farming chests is broken because you can solo chests, when you are actually not aware of the actual risks those zones pretend.
      And how little you understand about the game since dungeons are designed for players to farm fame and not silver.

I honestly don't know if you ever been in black zones farming chests, i get a fight every 10 minutes at least in the chests worth farming, because those are populated zones with a high risk and now a shitty reward.
      You complain that the best silver earning activity in the game favors solo builds lmao, its simple math the less you die the more you earn. It is up to the players to reduce the risk and increase profit by teamin' up or just going solo. Sadly after nerf going with a 2-3 people group to reduce risk ain't even worth because the reward is just garbage.

So, i don't think you know what you talking about mate. Been playing this shit for like 2 weeks and i do have a better perspective than you.
    • MasterZedX schrieb:

Elarahis schrieb:

That substitute is called "never ending shit tier grind".

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Albanjo ()

• Elarahis schrieb:

Let me give you a little background on chests: up until about 2 weeks before launch, these open world chests did not have any HP. All you had to do was walk up to them, touch them and the silver jumped out. You could literally farm these chests kamikaze style by running up to t8 chests in bz popping the silver, picking it up before dieing to the mobs then resurrecting with invulnerability and walking away having literally done nothing. And you didn't need any reaver skill or gear since you weren't killing anything! (This was admittedly a broken system and an easy exploit.)

Then they changed chests, giving them a HP bar and at this point you could still kill the chests without aggroing the mobs at the camp if you had a ranged weapon, so they changed them again: making it so that you had to be in close proximity to the chests AND making mobs aggro you if you attacked the chests. So all of this in the last two weeks before launch, and you think they weren't aware of how much silver they gave out at the time? This isn't some simple "oversight" this is SI making unnecessary changes to their game for whatever made up reasons they use to justify these changes.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Matsume ()