Roadmap Update: Joseph, Kay & Beyond

• rip Guild leadership.

"Game is meant for guilds" lmfao
    300 thousand chests later, with there own permissions and one guild hall claim and you fucked... gg.
    lmao.
    Sure the arena looks pretty epic, but it pretty much cements the idea that attracting more players is a higher priority than keeping players...
    lmao

... The one positive that will make the recruitment department smile is the 'last online' functionality. Other than that really really disappointed. Doubt you will find much leadership clapping this post... but if the last 3 years is anything to go by that's not really an issue for you is it?
  • Scythian wrote:

rip Guild leadership.

300 thousand chests later, with there own permissions and one guild hall claim and you fucked... gg.
    lmao.
    Sure the arena looks pretty epic, but it pretty much cements the idea that attracting more players is a higher priority than keeping players...
    lmao

... The one positive that will make the recruitment department smile is the 'last online' functionality. Other than that really really disappointed. Doubt you will find much leadership clapping this post... but if the last 3 years is anything to go by that's not really an issue for you is it?
    Pretty much this....WTF happened to at least the "wormhole" idea floating around? It's one of the best bits you still haven't stolen from Eve @Korn, along with NPC 0.0.
  • Scythian wrote:

rip Guild leadership.

lmao.
    lmao

Yea they said QoL changes would be the first major update after release and now they say its too hard. So either they were lying or not competent enough to understand that it would be more complex than they think. Either way its not very reasuring. 1st major update after release or a 3rd update maybe in a year, seems like a difference to me.
  • I like the arena. It's a nice training ground for GvGs and Hellgates. Since the rewards are purely cosmetic, I'm certain open world PvP will still happen plenty. I'm really hoping the UI updates can include focus target and target of target, two really good QOLs for healers, as the UI is pure awful for supports right now. Also really excited for "relic level artifacts", elite expeditions, and interactive PvE spots (REALLY good step towards making the world feel more alive and interesting, hoping to see more features like this).

@Korn, will there be any way to change chat colors in the future? Alliance chat is barely readable on my island, and global is invisible in snow biomes. Being able to create our own chat channels as well would be a nice feature. Also, is it intended arcane staves have the level 50 mana drain ability unlocked from the start?
  • Dont you worry, we will get

A FULL WATCHTOWER RESET, ONCE A MONTH, FOR 15 MINUTES!!!!! YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU CAN PLAY FOR THOSE 15 MINUTES, BECAUSE IF YOU CANT, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO HOLD YOUR WATCHTOWERS, BECAUSE GVGS AND MAP CONTROL DOES NOT MATTER, SINCE A 15 MINUTE ZERG ONLY INVASION SYSTEM IS COMING!

remember that guy that cant play on the weekend because of family and real life? Well, no invasions for him ever, he wont be able to defend his watchtower...
    remember that guy that does hospital late shifts? Well, good thing he wont be there either to defend his watchtower...
    Server is lagging because a once a month 15 minute event for the whole map control is ruining everything? Well, its a great and amazing system!
    You only have a 50 player guild, but are able to defend your watchtowers in gvgs, well NOT ANYMORE, because once a month you will lose everything to a zerg, back to fighting for a warcamp for a month...

On the other side...

If you have over 5000 people in your alliance, enjoy free watchtowers once a month...

I have been through a lot of garbage in the last years... from taxing the casual in a city 5m silver for a basic gvg weapon while those with gvg plots actually get em for free... through broken maps, broken transmutation systems, broken food system... but the invasion system that has been announced for end of the year is pretty much the most dumb idea i have heard in a long time, until today it was only a rumor or an idea, or a bad nightmare... but with the confirmation that it is actually gonna happen... if i would like some random drama i would claim that the "arch alliance leader" that is known and confirmed toxic, racist, manipulative and what else has something to do with it, since they profit the most from zerg only features, also he confirmed on stream that he is on the round table, even after calling Brazilians not human people and calling himself Hitler... but naaaah... thats not possible that he has something to do with it...

Im pretty sure there are way more good arguments for the system, that makes 15 minutes per month count more than all gear, progress or playtime during the month, while giving extra free rewards and trophies to those who have pure numbers instead of actually good teams...

Jk, cant find a single positive one for that "feature"
    Proud owner of the T8 Offhand book Rosalia's Diary. Feel free to pm me once you have your own item named in Albion.
  • Rosalia wrote:

Dont you worry, we will get

A FULL WATCHTOWER RESET, ONCE A MONTH, FOR 15 MINUTES!!!!! YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU CAN PLAY FOR THOSE 15 MINUTES, BECAUSE IF YOU CANT, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO HOLD YOUR WATCHTOWERS, BECAUSE GVGS AND MAP CONTROL DOES NOT MATTER, SINCE A 15 MINUTE ZERG ONLY INVASION SYSTEM IS COMING!

remember that guy that cant play on the weekend because of family and real life? Well, no invasions for him ever, he wont be able to defend his watchtower...
    remember that guy that does hospital late shifts? Well, good thing he wont be there either to defend his watchtower...
    Server is lagging because a once a month 15 minute event for the whole map control is ruining everything? Well, its a great and amazing system!
    You only have a 50 player guild, but are able to defend your watchtowers in gvgs, well NOT ANYMORE, because once a month you will lose everything to a zerg, back to fighting for a warcamp for a month...

On the other side...

If you have over 5000 people in your alliance, enjoy free watchtowers once a month...

I have been through a lot of garbage in the last years... from taxing the casual in a city 5m silver for a basic gvg weapon while those with gvg plots actually get em for free... through broken maps, broken transmutation systems, broken food system... but the invasion system that has been announced for end of the year is pretty much the most dumb idea i have heard in a long time, until today it was only a rumor or an idea, or a bad nightmare... but with the confirmation that it is actually gonna happen... if i would like some random drama i would claim that the "arch alliance leader" that is known and confirmed toxic, racist, manipulative and what else has something to do with it, since they profit the most from zerg only features, also he confirmed on stream that he is on the round table, even after calling Brazilians not human people and calling himself Hitler... but naaaah... thats not possible that he has something to do with it...

Im pretty sure there are way more good arguments for the system, that makes 15 minutes per month count more than all gear, progress or playtime during the month, while giving extra free rewards and trophies to those who have pure numbers instead of actually good teams...

Jk, cant find a single positive one for that "feature"
    There isn't any, but they have to please the Zergs because they can see the numbers dwindling due to boredom.

Enter all things Zergs love most: arenas, PvE mobs (lol mob invasions), expeditions (more! better loot!), zerging for territories. All things to keep people happy and off the open world PvP.
  • PreacherFU wrote:

Severely disappointment. All things in roadmap are in essence unambitional gradual improvements. Where are the truly NEW things?

Wheres Fishing?
    Wheres shipbuilding, sea exploration and travel?
    Where are new continents and types of zones?
    Where are new crafting and weapon trees?
    Where are expansion of personal/guild isle building and customization mechanics?
    Where is rewamp of farming?
    Where are World Wonders?
    Where are "Research" projects and new "Scientist" proffession?
    Where are immersion and roleplaying features, taverns and bards class?
    Where are Dragons?
    Where is Werewolf/Vampire race gameplay option for players?
    Where is religions and Gods, worship and Priest proffession, virtues and religious karma?
    Where is formations and ritual magic?
    Where are map editors for customized dungeons and zones?
    Where is operable magic mechas and siege tanks?
    Where are tamable pokemons?
    Where are... well i am getting bit too far, but you get the point.

This is not EVE/Runescape expansion, its just minor polishing.
    i can't agree more...

6 months so u guys give us more of what the game already have but in a different way...

Major updates that seems like minor updates...
    Sadly i'm disappointed.
  • Raltsh wrote:

Is this a joke? More instanced content in your open-world PVP game? An Arena which isn't full loot, in your full loot pvp game? I'm so incredibly disappointed.
    I cant believe how shortsighted and ignorant some people are...
    You complain about instanced arenas in open world game, and then complain it doesnt have the same reward as the open world pvp?! Its like a barbeque restaurant's owner would complain there is vegetarian place being built close by and then complain they dont serve meat in it... You just make no sense. Complaining for the sake of complaining is just insane, man.

Arena is intended to be a training ground.
    So all those who already nolifed all the items builds in this game dont face only other beta veterans or complete green noobs in the pvp like it is right now, where new players have choice to completly ignore the open world pvp due to not being able to practise in any reasonable way, or go and get ganked 5v1 repeatedly (with occasional, rare 1v1 fight, propably against someone with much better gear and much more experience - rest only fight in groups) not learnign anything whatsoever, other than cost of regearing. And currently new player trying to practise pvp have just paid respawn into training - which results in basically people abandoning the great fun open world pvp can be, cause they cant afford to practise (or rather cant afford the search of equal opponents to test and learn stuff).

What open world pvp is more entertaining? The one where you give people AK-47 each, and throw them into an island full of battle-hardened veterans or the same scenario but all the newcomers are after basic combat training? Whats so entertainig about roflstomping? Lets get some real fighting going on everywhere.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Falrinth ().

• Falrinth wrote:

I cant believe how shortsighted and ignorant some people are...You complain about instanced arenas in open world game, and then complain it doesnt have the same reward as the open world pvp?! Its like a barbeque restaurant's owner would complain there is vegetarian place being built close by and then complain they dont serve meat in it... You just make no sense. Complaining for the sake of complaining is just insane, man.

Arena is intended to be a training ground.
    So all those who already nolifed all the items builds in this game dont face only other beta veterans or complete green noobs in the pvp like it is right now, where new players have choice to completly ignore the open world pvp due to not being able to practise in any reasonable way, or go and get ganked 5v1 repeatedly (with occasional, rare 1v1 fight, propably against someone with much better gear and much more experience - rest only fight in groups) not learnign anything whatsoever, other than cost of regearing. And currently new player trying to practise pvp have just paid respawn into training - which results in basically people abandoning the great fun open world pvp can be, cause they cant afford to practise (or rather cant afford the search of equal opponents to test and learn stuff).

What open world pvp is more entertaining? The one where you give people AK-47 each, and throw them into an island full of battle-hardened veterans or the same scenario but all the newcomers are after basic combat training? Whats so entertainig about roflstomping? Lets get some real fighting going on everywhere.
    Learning the hard way is a part of the game. And arenas implemeted the good way, are arenas in the red zones, where players can place bets on what team will win, and a dangerious route towards it, so teams can be ganked with all their gear while moving towards it. There must be a comission on these bets which would be payed to the winning team in addition to the looted items.
    -More trashing
    -More ingame events
    -Promoting open world pvp with ganking teams on their way to the arena and protecting said teams

That's how you implement a damn arena in an open world PvP game.
  • Dont get me wrong. Your priority should be the map and removing teleports. but you try to make this game dead i think. Well you will have players anyway but you will never be succesful as much as the games that wrote a destiny.

i will drop here my expectations and i will leave the game for 1 year(will back to check)
    - Walking mounts.
    - No teleports, bigger map, ports.
    - Themed places(you can only get certain artifacts from these places so trade interactions here)
    - Adjusted map (for example : right side having wood and left side having iron so trade interactions here)
    - Secret places inside maps providing us passing through 2 maps away.
    - Sea maps, ships, docs, fishing, sea mechanics, sea farming, sea fighting.
    - New monsters and friendly villages around(druid village that has some healers helping(healing) people if they dont attack them)
    - Nights become darker and using torches to see more radius over fog-of-war
    - Better item mechanics, more skill options that allow different playstyles.
    - New items.
    - Remove off-hands and make them one-handed items give them skills. So one-handed items can be putted as off-hand(you will only be able to use "w" skill of the item as using it as off hand)
    - Maybe races?
    - Instruments
    - Guild celebrations inside cities or territories.
    - Improving gvg player size.
    - Improving gvg maps and mechanics.
    - Letting different types of guild policies.(friendly, trader, invader, bandits)
    - War Declaring system maybe.
    - Friendly Fire

more and more.

Bye now
    short timed passenger

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kalenger ().

• I just hope you put the GvG changes up to discussion before developing it, because from what you posted here and on that other place, it's absurdly bad for the game from almost every possible aspect. Please consider putting it to discussion beforehand, as a sensible topic like this certainly deserves it.

Also, at this point the lag should be absolute priority, imho, as it is certainly not just "remaining connectivity issues" that are happening:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nietz ().

• The changes with the watchtower drop is supposed to encourage pvp... i would have no problem with that IF they were able to provide a stable environment for it. But to push the game into ZvZs, when the game clearly is not optimized for it, it's beyond common sense. But, it's the common practice of SBI to create a problem first, and look for solutions 2 months...

The post was edited 1 time, last by blackmuumba ().

• I was hoping for a lot more, or at least a faster time frame. We're told you've done fantastically well financially out of the game, now would be the time to invest that money in a team capable of delivering decent content.

The ideas for beyond Kay sound encouraging but we're talking the best part of a year. That's a looong will in game terms. I've made the decision based on this news that I'll not be renewing premium on my various characters when it expires. I'll mothball the game and see what state it's in next summer.
  • Alkim wrote:

I've made the decision based on this news that I'll not be renewing premium on my various characters when it expires. I'll mothball the game and see what state it's in next summer.
    You'r not the only one. All the hopes my friends had for the game in regards to providing a good small gang enviroment sure flew out the window.

Since solo players "aren't intended" in AO, and ZvZ is unplayable due to the utter shit code and server quality you'd imagine at least small gang pvp would be ecounraged. But nope, they'r steering us into larger and larger groups that their architecture can't even support.

Are they trying to make us all quit so the servers will be playable then and they get to save some shekels?

So, do you have anything in the works that would be interesting for my demographic @Korn ? That is, solo/small gang pvp? And i'm not talking isntanced 5v5 since LoL and other MOBAs are clearly superior in regards to balance there.
  • Where is fishing?
    When will seasonal islands be a thing?

and this:

Kalenger wrote:

- Walking mounts.
    - No teleports, bigger map, ports.
    - Themed places(you can only get certain artifacts from these places so trade interactions here)
    - Adjusted map (for example : right side having wood and left side having iron so trade interactions here)
    - Secret places inside maps providing us passing through 2 maps away.
    - Sea maps, ships, docs, fishing, sea mechanics, sea farming, sea fighting.
    - New monsters and friendly villages around(druid village that has some healers helping(healing) people if they dont attack them)
    - Nights become darker and using torches to see more radius over fog-of-war
    - Better item mechanics, more skill options that allow different playstyles.
    - New items.
    - Remove off-hands and make them one-handed items give them skills. So one-handed items can be putted as off-hand(you will only be able to use "w" skill of the item as using it as off hand)
    - Maybe races?
    - Instruments
    - Guild celebrations inside cities or territories.
    - Improving gvg player size.
    - Improving gvg maps and mechanics.
    - Letting different types of guild policies.(friendly, trader, invader, bandits)
    - War Declaring system maybe.
    - Friendly Fire
    I play this game without doing any pvp. I was lured in by you, that i can do that and that you support this play style.
    I get an oversaturated market due to alts, i get one click crafting, which does not matter that much anymore anyways.
    We get the good addition of new gear for gatherers, but no additional reward for doing the same thing over and over again (no special loot options)
    Farming is so watered down, that even you (after 2 years) seem to want to bring some change to it. Where is that change? Did i miss it while browsing through the update information?

Again, i am not here for pvp. I support players who want to have good fights, but i am here for being a gatherer and crafter. I can stand in line with alt crafters, or alt breeders, as we are all not getting a full game to play, but only a fraction. Thats why i have all those alts around me. Thats why we are a joke for the general pvp player.
    I am waiting for changes since 2015, and now i have to wait another year for anything interesting? Fishing should be added this year, farming changes should be added this year, pve additions should be added this year, server stability and anti zerg and anti big alliance changes should be added this year.

PvP players want to have good fights and not a zerg shit show. Enable friendly fire or gallop slow for crowded group, the name tag visibility or sound solution for big groups sound pretty neat as well.
    Bring gatherer dungeons and bosses to gatherers,
    bring more pve dungeons with different mechanics to the PvE crowd,
    make weekly city quests for crafters and farmers
    make seasons and farming game play for farmers,
    do the roaming mob groups through maps or roaming animal packs, the suggestion has been on for 15+ months,
    add a trade runner line, which incentivices doing trades and actually getting fame for it,
    cover all the bases.

Then we can have a cool game. We are not playing alpha or beta anymore. You released your minimum viable product and it is minimum and apparently not very viable.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Archiemedis ().