Pinned About this Forum and Rules for Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About this Forum and Rules for Discussion

Goals of this forum
    • Improve the communication between the developers and the community by having a central place for popular game topics can be discussed
    • Provide information in a more accessible way. Often times, important information provided by us is hidden in multiple different discussion threads and hence often overlooked or hard to find
    • Get quality feedback that helps us to improve the game
    Rules for discussion
    • This forum is a place for constructive discussion. Positive and negative feedback of any kind is absolutely encouraged and welcome.
    • No ranting, flaming, spamming, trolling, memes or low quality submissions. If you cannot give feedback without resorting to ranting or flaming, do not bother. It does nothing to bring the discussion forum and only silences out genuine feedback and constructive contributions
  • SuperHeros wrote:

Technically, negative feedback "of any kind" could be seen as a rant... These rules are very contradictive...
    Thing is, it's easy to confuse passionate arguementing for ranting, especially when two people don't agree.

Honestly, they should be more afraid of the time when rants and passion disappear from people's posts, that shows they've given up and do not care about the game anymore.
  • Korn wrote:

Goals of this forum
    • Improve the communication between the developers and the community by having a central place for popular game topics can be discussed
    • Provide information in a more accessible way. Often times, important information provided by us is hidden in multiple different discussion threads and hence often overlooked or hard to find
    • Get quality feedback that helps us to improve the game
    Rules for discussion
    • This forum is a place for constructive discussion. Positive and negative feedback of any kind is absolutely encouraged and welcome.
    • No ranting, flaming, spamming, trolling, memes or low quality submissions. If you cannot give feedback without resorting to ranting or flaming, do not bother. It does nothing to bring the discussion forum and only silences out genuine feedback and constructive contributions

Good idea, hope we'll see frequent posts from developers.
    But rant and negative feedback may often seem the same, it should not be thrown away into a containment part of the forum, it's a good indication of what makes people frustrated enough to go to forums and post such stuff. Ignoring this feedback is counterproductive.
    It would also be nice to hear what feedback or suggestions was useful, if some ideas caught dev's eye or something like that. It would also be a good idea to discuss major changes with the playerbase to see their reaction.
  • SuperHeros wrote:

Technically, negative feedback "of any kind" could be seen as a rant... These rules are very contradictive...
    I think someone typing knows if he/she is adding constructive feedback or not.

And trust me.. someone else will sense if it's rant or constructive feedback very quick.

I think as player.. when you try to add a solution to the problem.. the devs like nothing better than you pointing out where the problems are.

Because juicy love stories about how great the game is, don't add to improving the game based on facts.
    - - -
    For me this is the best section of the Forum so far.

Since I like nothing better than having a chance to think about fixing game issues.
  • SuperHeros wrote:

There is actually a significant difference, and it's very easy to spot if you see negative feedback and a rant side by side.

Here are a few examples:

Negative feedback
    Am i the only affraid by the roadmap ?
    Penalty for expeditions

Rant
    I THINK YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO BETA
    Stop Defending a half-built game.

Typical signs of a rant are personal attacks, profanity and a high drama level. Typical signs of negative feedback is that it mentions which features it considers to be bad, gives reasons why, and ideally, also makes suggestions on how to address this.

To avoid any misunderstanding: our reason to disallow rants (outside of the rants forum) is not that we do not want our feelings to get hurt. Rather, rants stop a proper discussion from developing, are annoying to users who want to discuss things normally and also have close to no value to help us improving the game.

Here is an example of the recent and still ongoing discussion about PvP balancing: Balancing Non-Consensual PvP
    Without our "no rants" rule in place, such a discussion would never be possible. What would happen is that a few people would post 1 line rants, others would reply to them, that would turn into a back and forth flame war, clouding out any quality contribution, and in fact, deterring users from contributing to the thread in the first place, or encouraging them to post a 1 liner / rant as well because everybody already does it.
  • Hi, in new patch, make a protect sistem of kick in dungeons.
    me and other players without reason the older player kick from dungeons.
    and not see any sistem for report that injustice kick, and the reason for kick say by etc, wtf,
    pls do anything for this dungeons.

thx