Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• althoradeem wrote:

i think the bigger issue in albion is non consential group pvp vs 1 solo guy.
      There is no such thing as "non-consential PVP" (the thread title is attempt at humor)

althoradeem wrote:

there is no counterplay there is no skill it's 1 guy specced into a catch build that will just slow you enough for 1 of the cc guys to hit you 1X and you then dying from full to 0 hp.
      There is counterplay. Depending what you are running, but Cleanse will clear any CC from you and make you CC immune for 1 sec (maybe they should extend this to 2 sec?), then some mobility like Bloodletter, DBL-staff or Mace would get you out and if you can carry a shield that is even better as that increased your CC resits.

Also a giga or a HP/resist potion and undead cape for auto-invis = easy escape
    • Midgard wrote:

Pescado wrote:

the essence of actual pvp is fighting someone who fights back,
      Says who?
      Common sense in life.. like having sex with someone who wants to f you is the "rigth way". Non consensual sex- /non consensual touching / non consensual "conversation"(that stop being an actual conversation...)... staring... pretty much all non consensual social interactions in life are not the actual "rigth" way to do the thing ;)

No means NO my friend xD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pescado ().

• Pescado wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Pescado wrote:

Says who?
      Common sense in life.. like having sex with someone who wants to f you is the "rigth way". Non consensual sex- /non consensual touching / non consensual "conversation"(that stop being an actual conversation...)... staring... pretty much all non consensual social interactions in life are not the actual "rigth" way to do the thing ;)
      No means NO my friend xD
      To go with your way of saying this, just think of the PvP zones as a dark room in one of the many special clubs that are around.
    • Guys this is a Guild based PvP game, there are going to be days when you get hit by 20 dudes and days by 3 and whatever. Its ever changing. You cant just keep complaining and trying to get things changed all the time when things don't go your way. There are plenty of other games you winners can go play, don't try mess up the cool Adrenaline rush that Albion is. I get wiped often by huge groups but i don't bitch and moan as i signed up to play the game and fully understand what a full loot PvP game is that is based around Guild play. On other days i run off into the black Zone and fully achieve what i set out to do, like gathering and Ganking,its loads of fun and its a rush trying to make an epic escape from a bunch of 20 dudes, it gets the heart pumping. I have been playing for a long time and you learn how to escape and play smart. It took a while to get geared up and use better mounts so the poisons don't hit so hard. This is what Hardcore PvP gaming is like. Its not however a place for Care bear type players, don't play games like this and try have them changed to suite your soft play style. Do not ruin it for those of us who love this type of different Gameplay.
    • All good with your statement we signed up for that

The thing is, if you want to play carebeer just bring 20 people in your gank squad and sit in an area...

Now gank riskless the shit out of the area

It a blob comes go to your Terrie

If the blob gets big enough to get u under tower - bank u shit and die naked

This is the actual common mechanics.

But it is WoW style and I thought I signed up for a hardcore PvP game..
    • Pescado wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Pescado wrote:

Says who?
      No means NO my friend xD
      Horrendous and inaccurate comparison.

Really comparing a video game mechanic with actual assault? WTF?
    • Pescado wrote:

No means NO my friend xD
      Please note that this is a Straw Man, a logical fallacy.

• Evas_Flarelight wrote:

Pescado wrote:

No means NO my friend xD
      Please note that this is a Straw Man, a logical fallacy.

Totally, will steal that graph, it's awesome.
    • New

if a ganker cant make your mount dissapear while your on it why can he do so if your next to it I'm all for ganking but this needs fixed also there is a reason they trash gear when u die it's because ganking by nature would ruin albions economy and no one would make any new gear it's the crafters and farmers and gatherers that produce economy not ganking
    • New

Midgard wrote:

Coonery wrote:

gathering gear really messed up the game mechanics, forces gatherers to run in every situation even if its 1v1...
      And before gathering gear it forced gatherers to fight, in every single situation whether it be 1 v 10 or 1 v 1. And as a lot of gatherers are dedicated gatherers that meant certain death pretty much every time vs PvP specced opponents.
      That is why gathering gear was introduced. Before gathering gear it was a massacre almost every single time.
      yes but if your overweight then it screwed what's the point of an oz to gather more if when it's gone you cant move
    • New

Dankmos wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Coonery wrote:

gathering gear really messed up the game mechanics, forces gatherers to run in every situation even if its 1v1...
      And before gathering gear it forced gatherers to fight, in every single situation whether it be 1 v 10 or 1 v 1. And as a lot of gatherers are dedicated gatherers that meant certain death pretty much every time vs PvP specced opponents.That is why gathering gear was introduced. Before gathering gear it was a massacre almost every single time.
      yes but if your overweight then it screwed what's the point of an oz to gather more if when it's gone you cant move
      The point is you DONT use an ox to gather in PvP zones. You gather on normal mount, you then go to warcamp and bank there, you come back at a later date (at the quietest time possible) and move your stuff on an ox.
    • New

Moosius wrote:

Dankmos wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Coonery wrote:

And before gathering gear it forced gatherers to fight, in every single situation whether it be 1 v 10 or 1 v 1. And as a lot of gatherers are dedicated gatherers that meant certain death pretty much every time vs PvP specced opponents.That is why gathering gear was introduced. Before gathering gear it was a massacre almost every single time.
      The point is you DONT use an ox to gather in PvP zones. You gather on normal mount, you then go to warcamp and bank there, you come back at a later date (at the quietest time possible) and move your stuff on an ox.
      quoting quotes seems cool I guess.
      <3
      You cant fix stupid bud.
    • New

Pescado wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Pescado wrote:

Says who?
      No means NO my friend xD
      You cant be serious right?

You were one of those runescape pkers that demanded people to ask for a fight before attacking you in the wilderness werent you?

Consent is not needed to attack someone in a Player Versus Player game. PvP does not, in any way, mean it has to be consensual. A player attacking another player who doesnt want to fight is still considered Player vs Player.
    • New

Dankmos wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Coonery wrote:

Anyone who gathers on an ox deserves to be killed for their gear. You ALWAYS ride the fastest possible mount you can afford. Which should be a Swiftclaw.
    • New

Hi!

I'm new to the game so i don't know the game history, but my opinion is this: balancing misses a fev things now as i've read thru posts. I mean, you talk about PVP zones... maps... whatever to maximise pvp. Problems of worth: the maps in most games, are made like rare / rarer resources as you go more and more inside the maps, the more rarer. As i've seen so far, some PVE maps here built on the same idea as well, with baiting players in that way with 1-2 out from the area where are lots. This way GPVP (Grouped Players Vs Players) could be more times happen around rarer resources and not everywhere on the map. It's sad, couse this limits rarer resources to groups.
      However on several other games there are limitations of how you can enter to/exit from different areas of the map like no mounting, no grouping area, also in some games, this is made by limiting maps to PVP / GPVP. Plus, you can not see what awaits you wich is the risk. "R" factor. Ive seen this game writes on map that how many enemy/friendly player inside the map, i suggest removing that, and adding how many groups on the maps, (!) not player count. Plus this count on PVE map is quite pointless.

BTW: the good counting is N*E*K*R*O wich works better than N*E*K. (N=number of players, E=chance they meet, K=possible kills count, R=risk, O=number of loot)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nahnar ().