Balancing Non-Consensual PvP

• Artenemis wrote:

Yibrahimovic wrote:

instead of crying improve your tactics
      I really suck at fights (really, think about some1 you know who is really bad at It. Now, multiply by 10 and you Will have an idea how bad I am at PvP). Well, anyways, I am that bad, cuz I hate fighting againist real people. I Love Coop, but hate PvP.
      Could I stop crying? Yes. Do I want to? No! Maybe the game could be a good place for both kinda players. And, Someday, If that happens and both group of people could play and the game gets more money, grows more, blablabla, you may think "that crying woman had a point".
      Honestly you kind of do, but the majority of people here are looking for the blend of style albion has in playstyle. There are a lot of heavy Co-op PvE games even with crazy crafting systems, and no, to very limited PvP content. If they went down the route where people could fully jump in and just ignore that part of the game as they don't like it, honestly the game will just be lost in the giant list of games out there that have similar systems.
    • Artenemis wrote:

Yibrahimovic wrote:

I really suck at fights (really, think about some1 you know who is really bad at It. Now, multiply by 10 and you Will have an idea how bad I am at PvP). Well, anyways, I am that bad, cuz I hate fighting againist real people. I Love Coop, but hate PvP.
      Could I stop crying? Yes. Do I want to? No! Maybe the game could be a good place for both kinda players. And, Someday, If that happens and both group of people could play and the game gets more money, grows more, blablabla, you may think "that crying woman had a point".
      you have a point already.

This is a game people have been playing for 2 years+

and what do thy say to new players?

85% of the time "get gud"
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion
    • Moosius wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Moosius wrote:

PvE players can prosper if they have the guts to go out, know how to survive gank attempts
      nevermind, social experiment over.
      Sorry your rapier like wit was too sharp for me........ do you only do cryptic?
      no, i actually meant what i said, social experiment over. i was typing in a way to intentionally trigger trolling, but i've changed my mind about doing it. that's why i edited the post so it has no flaming.
    • Artenemis wrote:

Yibrahimovic wrote:

Let's analyse the two relevant affirmations you made about gameplay: 1) you admit being bad at PVP, 2) love cooperative play

Having that in mind, if you really have to play Albion Online, would suggest HCE (Hardcore Expeditions), due it's the only content that have guaranteed no PVP and it requires coop.

Anything else on this game has been designed around PVP, their creators tried to achieve an Eve Online type of game with League of Legends combat.
      Both those examples have null PVE content, so it's not really a surprise the current state of the game.

If they made changes to the game and keep on adding PVE content, it would be detrimental to their core playerbase.
      Bear in mind, they have been working along those guys from the very beginning (2015)

On top of that, when you try to look game alternatives to Albion, normally end with Eve Online, game released back in 2003 which is still alive and kicking.
      Not many games can survive for that long in a niche market, unless it offers something that almost not other games have out there.

When you're asking for changes towards PVE, you've to contemplate the ramifications on having a game developed by a small studio becoming "just another MMO"
      Due if their core community leave because of that, they disappear shortly after that, cause they don't have the size to compete against the big companies developing generic MMOs.

So, as stated before, if you love this game, love for what it is, don't try to change the minute you step in.
      There are other games out there doing a far better job around PVE coop, and playing those might suit you better.

Don't get in a steakhouse and complain about not enough vegetarian options.
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Can you suggest some then please

which games do you think are good at pve?

also, i've never played EVE or League of Legends.

Is that like, some kind required reading to be qualified enough to enjoy Albion?
      I'd say nowadays the genre where games such as Monster Hunter World or Dauntless fall into are doing a very good job around PVE coop.
      Now those are not MMOs, maximum party size of 4 players (Albion in HCE is 5 anyways) and in the case of Monster Hunter you need to buy the game.

In the MMO genre, games such as Final Fantasy XIV and World of Warcraft (specially with the upcoming Classic) offer tons of PVE coop content via dungeons, boss fights, raids, etc.

Not sure what you were trying to say with your last line really.
    • Another game with solid PVE Coop content is warframe, but it is Sci-fi, not fantasy.

I play both, different reasons(and have been playing Albion for a very short time).

I can say that another solution to people who don't like PvP is: you need good friends in Game. Going with them to harvest an then share the profits someway may be really useful. Even more if you can do it in a Guild where the share is already set up.
    • collecting herbs or sticks is also pve as those items belong to envirement. Warframe is PvM as it doesnt have much content in gathering resources other then from mobs.
      PvM is within PvE, but it is more specific genre, and PvE is more general. So Albion PvE currently contain huge amount of content (gathering, smelting crafting, farming, cooking, fishing, building Auction house, hidden tresures, AND PvM (HCE, RD, Dungs, Roam mobs)ect).
      So i dont get a point of all of those complains about PvE.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

• Stochastic42 wrote:

No, you are not vs. those things. PvE means things you fight, ie. mobs. It does not mean gathering etc. These acronyms have specific meanings and they are not literal ones, they are historical ones.
      I agree.

taken from wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Albion_Online_Wiki

Fortunately PvP doesn't mean Player versus Plant after all.